McLoone's Pier House Reviews

McLoone's Pier House 4
McLoone's Pier House 5
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 07/19/2013

I Loved Mcloone's pier house. They did a great job setting up our beach ceremony and put out all my decorations exactly how I explained. Our reception was wonderful. Our guests really enjoyed the food and the view. We worked with Trish to set up most of our wedding details and she was always very on top of my emails and calls. Nelson was also very helpful for our rehearsal & the day of our wedding. It is a beautiful place for a beach wedding! Thank you !!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Megan · Married on 07/12/2013

Our wedding reception at McLoones was wonderful! Trish and the entire McLoones crew made our day go so smoothly and brought to life the ideas we had for our reception. Immediately after hurricane sandy, Trish reached out and put our fears at ease that everything was a-ok with McLoones and the forthcoming weddings. She responded quickly to all of our concerns and ideas during the planning process and was a joy to work with.
    The venue was beautiful, and even through a rainy night, overlooking the ocean was a perfect backdrop! From the food to the decor and all of the details in between McLoones helped make our wedding such a wonderful and unforgettable evening!

Sent on 08/26/2013

We were so happy with McLoone's. Trish was amazing to work with. She was so responsive and always answered all of our questions immediately and never made us feel like we were a bother. Nelson, the maitre d, is amazing. He made sure everything ran smoothly and was amazingly polite and calm. They really made the day run smoothly and we were so pleased with everything.

Sent on 08/24/2013

Lisa · Married on 09/28/2012

I can not say enough good things about the staff at McLoone's. From day one Trish has made this wedding planning process stress free and fun. The day me and my husband went to look at McLoone's we knew this was the place for our wedding. She was always there to answer any questions we had along the way and could not have been nicer about it. Nelson was amazing in helping us on our wedding day and making sure every last detail was in place.

We have been hearing from everyone how it was the best wedding they have ever been to, how the service was outstanding, the food was delicious and how everything was just perfect.

We had the time of our lives and our wedding day could not have been more perfect!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Moira · Married on 08/07/2012

I had always wanted to be married on the beach being a Jersey Girl and McLoones was the perfect spot. The atmosphere of the beach was just what I wanted. The ceremony was set up just the way I wanted on the beach. The upstairs room was gorgeous with all the windows that looked out over the ocean. The added touch was the windows being open during the reception and the beautiful ocean breeze filled the room. Thank you McLoones for making my special day perfect

Sent on 08/26/2012
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 05/19/2012

McLoone's was the PERFECT plan to get married! We had a beautiful beach ceremony and then had an amazing cocktail hour and reception inside McLoone's. They did a fantastic job with all aspects of our wedding. They were extremely helpful throughout the wedding planning process, highly responsive to all questions, and very professional and helpful the day of our wedding. They made everything so easy for us. As you can imagine, there are a lot of details leading up to a wedding but they make it so easy for you to pull it all together. Our guests are still calling us to tell us how much fun they had, how delicious the food was, how MUCH food there was and how beautiful the place was. We truly had our perfect wedding. The minute I saw McLoone's, I knew it was the place for us and they helped us pull off the wedding of our dreams. Thank you everyone at McLoone's for helping to make our wedding night a night we will never forget (with a special shout out to Katie and Nelson)!!!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Sue · Married on 05/05/2012

The service and staff, was fantastic! The food was delicious, and the cocktail hour food never stopped coming! My guests said they left full (which is always a good thing at a wedding!) and the maitre'd was so helpful! He was always right there to help us, and tell us where to stand, and what to do! I cannot express how grateful we are for having our wedding at McLoone's - everything was perfect! I'm hoping to start a ritual by going there for our anniversary every year, for dinner!

Sent on 05/22/2012

Brielle · Married on 05/07/2011

We couldn't have found a better place to have our reception! The staff was amazing and helped make our wedding picture perfect. Katie was always quick to get back to us with any questions or concerns we had and Nelson was incredibly attentive and helpful the day of our wedding. They accommodated all of our unique added touches and were just amazing! Our guests were blown away with the service, food, and incredible views of the beach! We would highly recommend McLoone's to any bride and groom looking for a beautiful beach reception place.

Sent on 05/25/2011

Danielle and Jonathan · Married on 06/12/2010

I went to check McLoone's as a place for my cermony and reception knowing that the food is great. I have been going there for a few years to have lunch and sit on the beach afterwards. After meeting and discussing with Katie having a wedding at McLoone's, I was sold! During the planning process, all my emails were answered promptly. The food tasting was awesome and help us decide what to pick for our menu. We were allowed to have a total of 6 people at the tasting. The reccommended other vendors since we were not from the area that helped us plan the rest of our wedding. We had the ceremony on the beach outside of McLoone's. We rented the chairs and an arch through McLoone's and they set everything up. Once the ceremony was over we walked right over to McLoone's for the cocktail hour and reception. The workers could have been more helpful and accomodating to all of our guest. They even made sure we got to eat dinner. The room can hold up to 300 people max. Inside, where the cocktail hour and reception is held you and your guest have a view of the ocean on 3 sides. During the cocktail hour the windows were open so you could hear the beautiful sound of the ocean waves. The price was reasonable in comparison to lots of other places in NJ. My guest still are telling me what a beautiful wedding it was after 2 months. I know a few people who took a visit down to go eat there again and hang out on the beach. I HIGHLY reccommend McLoone's for your wedding ceremony and reception!

Sent on 08/17/2010

danielle · Married on 11/21/2009

Nelson is the best !! He did everything and to make our day perfect! The food was excellent!!! and the room looked amazing!

Sent on 01/07/2010

Patti · Married on 08/10/2008

The Staff at McLoone's is beyond excellent. The banquet managers will do anything to make your day perfect! This was the ONLY venue at the Jersey Shore that would let you have a ceremony on the beach even if the weather forecast didn't look good. I was able to have my ceremony on the beach and wouldn't have been able to at any other venue! Also, the food is spectacular and the room is beautiful.

Sent on 08/31/2008

Helen · Married on 05/31/2008

Rachel and Nelson are AMAZING and will help make all your requests and dreams come true on your wedding day. The staff at McLoone's were so friendly and helpful and will try to accommodate all your requests. Even getting married on the beach when the weather nwas questionable. The bride and groom are treated like royalty and never want for anything all night. All my guests loved the beautiful scenery, the bar downstairs, and the delicious food. I'd recommend this place to everyone!

Sent on 11/08/2008

Rebecca · Married on 08/19/2007

Everyone at Mcloone's worked really hard to make our special day perfect. Although it wound up raining on our wedding day (we were to have a beach wedding and then reception inside, but it all wound up inside), they still managed to make it special. They went out of their way to make our wedding great, from making sure they had Mike's Lemonade on hand for me (they don't usually have it but that's all I drink), to bringing us plenty of appetizers during the cocktail hour while we took a short break from photos, to making sure we had had enough to eat during dinner, to even giving us leftovers to take with us to our honeymoon suite, everything was perfect. Nelson was the gentleman who really made sure everything went right for us that evening, he truly made everything perfect!

Sent on 02/28/2009

Amy · Married on 09/25/2010

Highly recommend this location for small beach weddings. The staff was great, food was great, and the day was beautiful. There was a moment of frustration when I got to the beach and another ceremony was set up right next to mine. Weird..however I got over that once I saw my groom. I have to say the waitstaff was excellent. Very attentive to our needs. If u go small reserve the surf bar for the function. I almost didn't want to shut the bar down to the public, but I'm glad I did. Danielle was very helpful with the planning process.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Diane · Married on 09/23/2018

Great Venue!!

McLoones was beautiful. They were very helpful, the location is gorgeous and the food was outstanding. Truly a perfect wedding venue. The only thing was it rained and we weren't allowed to take pictures in the room before the ceremony to get the beach in the background and that was disappointing. Other than that, everything was fantastic.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Lisa · Married on 05/21/2016

We had a great experience having our wedding at Mcloones! Trish was extremely responsive and accommodating. Any questions or requests I had, she had answers and it was never a "no". The venue was perfect for what I had envisioned. I wanted a beautiful, yet simple wedding and Mcloones delivered. Nelson was the best. He was there anytime I needed him but was not overbearing at all. Despite the weather, I chose to have my ceremony outdoors. Trish and Nelson happily supported my decision and helped keep my guests warm until the final minutes before the ceremony and then quickly got everyone inside just before the rain. My guests also can't stop raving about the lobster wellington! Thanks Trish, Nelson and the entire staff!

Sent on 06/04/2016

McLoone's Pier House's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind review, Lisa. It was truly a pleasure working with you on your very special day! I be sure to pass on your review to Nelson and our entire banquet staff-it is much appreciated. Take care and all the best to you and Kyle for a long and happy life together!

Can't thank McLoone's enough for a perfect wedding! Trish was so helpful leading up to the wedding. She always answered questions in a timely fashion. On the day of the wedding Nelson was perfection! He made sure the whole day ran smoothly. I would highly recommend booking McLoone's for your wedding venue.

Sent on 11/17/2015

I'm so happy that we decided to get married at McLoone's Pier House. Trish and Nelson made the wedding experience so easy that we enjoyed planning our wedding. The venue was beautiful- I love that you can open the windows over the ocean and the food was delicious!
    My only callout would be to make sure that you have all of the details described clearly before hand because it's too confusing to make adjustments during the wedding/reception. My trellis wasn't quite decorated the way we had asked- but then we asked verbally only.
    I wish we had another excuse to throw a party at McLoone's, thanks again Trish and Nelson!!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Kristen · Married on 06/02/2012

(Our actual wedding date was June 2, 2012, but weddingwire won't let me fix that! ha)
    My now husband and I knew we didn’t want a traditional NJ banquet hall wedding, and McLoone’s Pier House was the answer to our prayers! We wanted to get married on the beach, in the sand, and in NJ (as a destination wedding had been vetoed!). We were dealing with a lot of different factors...trying to please family, trying to find something that expressed us, trying to find something not too far away from our hometowns, and trying to find something we could make work with our budget. Not an easy thing to do, especially in NJ! We had almost given up, as all of the other places in the area were either rude to us, didn’t actually allow you to see the ocean from inside the venue, didn’t actually help you organize your ceremony on the beach, or was totally unwilling to work with the smaller wedding we wanted to have. McLoone’s was a last ditch effort to make our vision work, as we were so close to eloping! We stopped there after a long day of venue searching and disappointment, only to be welcomed by the amazing Nelson and the incredibly kind Katie! Just the smiles on their face and the views alone were enough to sell us on this amazing venue...the fact that the food is amazing and the service wonderful was just beyond! We had also never even been to Pier Village and were blown away by the ambiance and vibe of the area! Exactly what we were going for! We wound up having to have a daytime wedding to make our smaller number work, but McLoone’s was willing to work with us to make it happen within our budget! Everyone actually wound up loving the daytime wedding though, because we had the most amazing views of the ocean for the entire reception! It was just breathtaking! Katie was awesome throughout the process, helping to make our unique vision come true and putting up with all of our crazy requests! (We just wish she had been able to say hello to us on our wedding day!) Nelson was great and helped everything run smoothly! Thinking of things we didn’t even know to think of! :) Our guests could not stop raving about McLoone’s, the food...the beach...the views from inside...everything! McLoone’s really made the amazing wedding we wanted possible, and we just wish we could do it every year!! We’ll be back for our anniversary though! :)

Sent on 07/24/2012

Megan · Married on 10/01/2011

Overall I was very happy with McLoone's. They followed through on everything that was promised! The venue is beautiful and our guest gave raving reviews...with the food, service and overall experience was great!

We worked with Trish, she was amazing! If I called or e-mail she responded right away. Everything was very easy. She listened to all my special request and everything was exactly how I asked...the signature drink, candy bar and all the other extras.

Nelson, the maitre'd was amazing. He was extra attentive and any special request we had were granted.

I couldn't have asked for a better wedding!!

Sent on 10/30/2011

Jessy · Married on 08/26/2012

I recently had my wedding here and it was amazing. Trish was great in helping to get everything organized and Nelson was wonderful during our day and got us anything we needed. The venue is gorgeous, great food, great service and it was absolutely amazing in every way!

Sent on 08/29/2012
  • Brianna

Brianna Schreiber · Married on 09/14/2019

Fantastic Location - Great Banquet Director/Coordinator

McLoones was a lovely location and we truly enjoyed having our wedding there. The view is absolutely incredible. The space is spacious and open. The bar is stunning. We loved working with Katie and Megan (the banquet director and coordinator). They were super accommodating and answered the millions of questions I had. The only two downsides of the experience was 1) they had another event directly before, so they were still setting up our wedding as our guests were arriving and 2) one of the servers accused one of our guests of not being 21 and was nasty about it (she was 26 and told her boyfriend - my brother - that he would be in a ton of trouble if he found out she was under 21).

Sent on 10/12/2019

Emma · Married on 08/01/2014

McLoone's did an amazing job for us! The upstairs room has a spectacular view of the ocean and beach, the space is the perfect size for about 100 people, and the atmosphere is great for all different types of events. Our only complaints were that the two vegan dishes we requested for 2 guests came out several minutes later than the buffet that was being served. Nobody had informed us about where the vegan dishes were so we had to hunt them down ourselves. And we specifically asked the servers NOT to slice our entire cake, but instead to save at least half of one and leave it whole. The servers did not comply, and instead sliced all the cakes so we had none to take home for our anniversary. Other than that, the buffet food was delicious and the bartender made fabulous drinks!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/22/2007

3.0

Beautiful reception site directly on the ocean...pricey, but well worth it!! It's gorgeous!!

Sent on 11/01/2007

Lauren · Married on 12/30/2016

McLoone's was everything and more. The entire staff was professional and helpful in making sure we had the best day of our lives.

Sent on 01/11/2017