McCormick Ranch Golf Club Reviews

135 | Scottsdale, AZ

135 Reviews for McCormick Ranch Golf Club

• Amy

Amy · Married on 11/14/2014

This is the best kept secret in all of Arizona. Not only is the food incredible, the view is stunning, and the staff is amazing to work with. Kristina and Maggie were so attentive and prepared that I can honestly say I wasn't nervous at all on the most important day of my life. They both have a great energy about them and you can tell they love what they do, so it made the planning process effortless. I can't think of a single thing that went wrong on my wedding day and it's all thanks to them!

Sent on 11/21/2014

Carly · Married on 11/08/2014

I don't know how to clearly express how thankful I am for McCormick Ranch Golf Club and the dream wedding they were able to give my husband and I. Picking McCormick Ranch Golf Club was by far the best decision we made during the wedding planning process. From the moment we toured the venue, we were blown away and knew this was the place we wanted to say I Do. It was at the top of our price range but we felt we were receiving a better value here when compared to other venues we toured. The staff was beyond helpful and accommodating through out the entire experience. The venue offers so many little unexpected "extras" that were included in the overall cost. One of the best parts was the fact that Kristina (the banquet manager) and her staff handled EVERYTHING on the day of the wedding and allowed me to be a bride and enjoy the day. Kristina is amazing and has a wonderful staff. They assign a coordinator to your wedding, so you have two different people working together to making the details come together for your wedding. They handled the decorations for both the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. They were so flexible and continued to check in with me during the reception to let me know when we would do cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc. I felt as if my closest family and friends were running my wedding... They just were so helpful and available for anything (a staff member actually hunted down safety pins to bustle my dress after someone stepped on the train and broke the buttons) they were just incredible and made our wedding day more perfect than we could have ever imagined. Everything from the food, drinks, ambiance, and facility was amazing. I am forever grateful for their hard work and passion for what they do.

Steve · Married on 11/07/2014

The staff at McCormick Ranch was amazing to work with start to finish. Completely professional operation. They went above and beyond to make our event special. I highly recommend this venue!!

Sara · Married on 11/01/2014

Kristina and Maggie were wonderful to work with!

Melissa · Married on 10/25/2014

McCormick Ranch was the PERFECT venue to have our wedding! Kristina Gelb was so easy to work with and listened to everything we asked for! She made our vision a reality and everything was executed beautifully. Food was amazing, with large portion sizes. We had 175 people attend the wedding and the pavilion provided plenty of room. The ceremony had a gorgeous view of the lake and was very romantic. I couldn't imagine having our wedding at a better place! Thank you Kristina and McCormick Ranch for making our day so special!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Alyssa · Married on 10/04/2014

I would do it all over again and again the exact same way! Kristina was so supportive and helpful!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Our daughter's wedding and reception was held at McCormick Ranch Golf Club. The beautiful lake and mountain views, along with the wonderful open air reception hall, and great food and service made it the perfect venue for the perfect wedding and reception. Kristina Gelb and her staff were an absolute delight to work with and went above and beyond to make the day a beautiful event for our daughter, son-in-law and their guests.

Bridgette · Married on 10/03/2014

Kristina and her staff were amazing. Our walk thorough for our rehearsal was great. She knew exactly what needed to happen. Knowing that I would have her handling my wedding day of put me at ease. They did a phenomenal job!

Sent on 02/03/2015

Lisa · Married on 08/02/2014

There are not words to tell you how happy we were with our service at McCormick Ranch Golf Club. They were a pleasure to work with and made me feel like they were my personal event planners. Christine and Maggie met with my daughter and me as many times as we wanted and had excellent ideas and suggestions that made our night a reception that we will never forget. It is rare that you walk away thinking that an event totally EXCEEDED your expectations but it did. I could not be happier with McCormick ranch and the comments from the incredible food to the beauty of the venue, even in the summer was remarked on by many people.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Kristina and Maggie are wonderful. In addition to McCormick Ranch Golf Club being the perfect setting for our reception, Kristina and Maggie were responsive, helpful, easy to work with and worked hard to make sure everything flowed smoothly. There were scheduling issues with the florist (they were an hour behind), but Kristina and staff stepped up and filled in the gaps so that guest were unaware that everything was running late. The food was fantastic and many guests said it was one of the most beautiful weddings they had attended. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/06/2014

Amy · Married on 05/09/2014

McCormick Ranch was perfect. We wanted an outdoor ceremony, which McCormick provided, with the beautiful lake and mountains as our backdrop. We wanted a romantic reception, and McCormick provided that too, with their amazing pavilion! It is beautiful, with huge glass sliding "walls?" so it can feel outdoors. Kristina and Maggie took care of every question we had, and Kristina worked with us on our wants and our budget. I don't think we could've gotten better service or a better venue!

Sent on 05/30/2014

Allison · Married on 04/26/2014

Everything about our wedding at McCormick Ranch Golf Club was perfect. Kristina and Maggie were so helpful with everything and made sure everything ran smoothly and exactly how we wanted it. I am so glad i picked McCormick Ranch as our venue. We got married in AZ from WI and Kristina and Maggie helped us do almost everything via the phone and through email. I wouldn't have changed a thing about our wedding day.

Martha · Married on 04/25/2014

The entire staff was professional, courteous, helpful, cheerful and did an amazing job. All of the guests remarked at how efficiently and smoothly the evening was and that the staff were so wonderful.

molly · Married on 04/25/2014

they were AMAZING!! best day of my life and couldn't have asked for more from the staff at McCormick Ranch!

• Maria

Maria · Married on 04/12/2014

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at McCormick Ranch Golf Club and it was amazing! Our ceremony was held on the green outside of the pavilion that looks over the water and has the view of camelback and our reception was in the pavilion. They also set up tables outside the pavilion for the cocktail hour which followed the ceremony. Kristina and Maggie did a fantastic job accommodating our needs, even when we had some last minute changes to details like if we were going to use our sparklers for a grande entrance or exit (which was decided right before we walked down the aisle!) They were both so responsive to my questions throughout the planning process and met with me multiple times to discuss options. The waitstaff were also very professional and took great care of us.

We received so many compliments from our guests saying how much they loved the venue, that the food was delicious and that it was one of the best weddings they had ever attended. Safe to say we loved our wedding and would recommend the venue to everyone!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Alice · Married on 03/15/2014

Wonderful job done here for our daughters wedding. Nicest people to work with too.

Sent on 03/18/2014

Heath · Married on 03/15/2014

My wife and I were married this past March at MRGC and it was perfect! We had the ceremony site overlooking the lake, games set up for the cocktail hour, and the perfect segue into our reception area in their large pavilion. All of our guests stated that the venue was perfect with the views they took in, their food was great and actually warm, and the drink line was always short. Kristina, their coordinator rocked the house every time we met with her. We actually visited the site on a Friday night while it was dark and we could only see the lake and the silhouette of Camelback mountain and we had a feeling this was the spot for us. We emailed Kristina that night and had an appointment set with her that weekend. They were accommodating to every single request and made us feel at home every time we were there from beginning to end. This place is a hidden gem in a sea full of amazing venues. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for views, value, and service.

Sent on 05/14/2014

Joan · Married on 03/01/2014

I had the ominous task of planning my only daughter's wedding. This was particularly difficult for me and my family since I had recently lost my husband. I am not sure what I would have done without the direction, support, and encouragement of McCormick team: John, Kristina and Megan.

We had planed a lakeside wedding. Unfortunately, the weather didn't go along with our plans and it poured.(the only rain to day in Phoenix so far this year) Once again "The Team" came to my rescue and set up a beautiful indoor lakeside wedding that was comfortable for almost 200 guests. The reception room was gorgeous, the bar well run, guests raved about the quality of the the food, and the service was simply outstanding. I highly recommend McCormick Ranch Golf Club for anyone who wants a beautiful, well run event with superior quality food.

Sent on 06/07/2014

Maureen · Married on 02/22/2014

This venue was great! Beautiful place to get married with very helpful staff!

Sent on 03/11/2014

Great venue! Beautiful views. Expert staff. Very professional and well priced.

Sent on 01/16/2014

Sam · Married on 11/10/2013

I'd give 10 stars if I could!!! My wife and I had our wedding at McCormick Ranch Golf Club and everything about it exceeded all of our expectations. Kristina was an absolute pleasure to work with and she made our day as stress-free as possible. The views are absolutely stunning at sun set and our photos came out looking amazing. Can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 03/17/2014

Michael · Married on 11/02/2013

My parents, my groom, and I were so impressed with McCormick Ranch. Everything ran so smoothly the day of the wedding. The room looked amazing with the table layout and all the table arrangements I had made were placed appropriately. We received many compliments on how pretty the venue was.

Jen (I don't know her last name) who was present the night of the wedding was amazing!! She was always close by and ready to help us or get us anything we needed. She also sent appetizers and drinks to us on the golf course while we were having our pictures taken. This was such a thoughtful added touch that we loved and appreciated. During cocktail hour and dinner, we would finish a drink and Jen would be right there with a fresh one. She has mastered being our "shadow" without being overbearing.

One complaint I would have is, we orginally booked McCormick Ranch with a different wedding coordinator than Kristina. We did not find out that the original coordinator left McCormick Ranch until months later when I had happened to stop by your booth at the wedding expo. It would have been nice to receive an email stating the changes, since one of the reasons I booked was because I liked the coordinator and thought she would do a good job. Because of this, it made us a little nervous about our decision to book McCormick not knowing the new coordinator.

On that note, Kristina Gelb was great! She was always responsive and available to meet when needed. When talking with her, her laid back style and obvious experience helped make me relax and not worry one bit about the wedding day. I felt very confident everything would get done and run smoothly.

The rest of the staff was great. I know they had a tight schedule with clearing plates and delivering the ice cream cake. It seemed to go perfectly! We had many compliments from our guests.
    I would definitely recommend McCormick Ranch!
    Thanks for everything,
    Laurie and Mike Castro

Sent on 11/20/2013

I am so happy I chose McCormick Ranch as my wedding venue. Kristina was amazing to work with. Very easy going, great communication and went above and beyond to make sure my wedding was perfect. I am so thankful. I had people tell me the food was the best they ever had. And my photos are amazing! You can't get any better scenery. So happy with McCormick Ranch. Thank you!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Megan · Married on 10/25/2013

McCormick Ranch Golf Club is hands down the best place to have your wedding! My wedding coordinator Kristina Gelb was amazing and honestly would not have wanted to work with anyone else after working with her! She's very professional, yet funny, reasonable and flexible. She gets stuff done and makes you relax when you start to feel stressed which is what is needed from time to time. She will do anything and everything for your big day all you have to do is ask. She was very prompt with replying back to questions via email, phone or text. Our wedding was held in the clubhouse because we only had a 50 - 60 person guest list. At first I was worried it was too small but come the day of, once I saw the lay out it was perfect and plenty of room! They also offer a pavilion which occupies groups of 100 or more. They are very reasonably priced and more then willing to work with brides on a budget just like myself. The ceremony location outside was gorgeous and they are the perfect choice for any wedding / reception in Arizona! FYI: they also have an option for a fireworks package listed in their preferred vendors guide which was a perfect ending to an amazing day which all our guests and I'm sure yours will thoroughly enjoy!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Kristina was absolutely fabulous!!!!!! Would HIGHLY recommend her and McCormick Ranch as a venue for your wedding. Couldn't have been anymore beautiful the day of the wedding except for my bathroom/changing room that housekeeping had not cleaned prior to me arriving. Other than that simply AWESOME!!!!

Sent on 10/28/2013