McConnell House Reviews

McConnell House 5
McConnell House 6
McConnell House 7

Kathy · Married on 05/24/2014

Kari was helpful, efficient and planned our son's rehearsal dinner. beautifully. The food was exceptional and the bar flowed smoothly. We had approximately 100 people. I live in Tunica, Mississippi, and she took care of everything with ease!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Candace · event on 07/22/2013

Kari was great to work with, the food was amazing, the McConnell House staff was awesome!! Everyone raved about the event. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/02/2013
  • O

Olivia · Married on 10/21/2016

The venue is absolutely beautiful. When I first saw the space I was concerned about the view out the windows from the room we had the ceremony in; it is just an empty lot and was not very attractive when we saw it in March. The weeds grew up a bit by October which made it a little greener and less of an eyesore. Something to think about if you are concerned about that kind of thing, but on the day of I didn't really care, everything else was so beautiful. We had around 55 guests and that was the perfect size as we were able to seat everyone for the ceremony and everyone fit in one room for dinner. We had the dance party off to the side of the staircase which was a small space, but again, it was perfect with the number of guests we had, even with a lot of enthusiastic dancing! The food was excellent and the price was reasonable compared to places in Nashville. We originally thought there was no way we could afford a full open bar but after hearing the price we changed our minds and were glad that we could do that for our guests.

I rated a 4 for flexibility because we were not given access to the building until late in the day and had very little time to set up flowers and candles. I did my own flowers so this probably would have been fine if we'd had a florist but I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get things set up. I was a lot more stressed out than I would have liked to be.

Still, they were very flexible when we requested to do things a little differently than they normally do. It was everything we had envisioned for our wedding: classy, tasteful, with awesome food.

Sent on 11/11/2016
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 09/26/2015

The McConnell House is a perfect place to hold your ceremony and reception or any event for that matter. Kari and her staff are very accommodating, professional, and helpful. I was a complete nervous wreck about this wedding and Kari did all that she could to help and her staff helped keep us on track for the evening.

The venue itself is a gorgeous, charming venue with exposed brick, chandeliers, long windows, vintage furniture, and an awesome bar. The staff lite about 100 candles for the evening and it looked absolutely magical! Each one of our guests left having one the best evenings - ever!

The food was awesome as it should be with The Red Pony chef involved. The tables, linens, glassware, flatware is all included - which makes its super simple.

Highly recommend and would have another event there!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Katie · Married on 07/12/2014

It was extremely important to me that we worked with people who were passionate about service and their customers! The entire staff at McConnell House did NOT disappoint.

The process of booking, planning, tasting, and celebrating was actually FUN and EASY. Communication is key and Kari was always quick to respond, happy to complete our requests, and great at suggesting things that we hadn't thought of!

On the actual day of our wedding, everything was executed PERFECTLY. They took the minimal decor we provided and brought the place to life! Fresh peaches were a major part of our "theme" and while I provided a little bit of direction (and crates, etc.) for them to be placed, McConnell House really went above and beyond...everywhere I turned, there were peaches perfectly placed. Our guests couldn't get enough! Our guests also loved the non-traditional layout of the venue that allowed for a more social atmosphere (though they did get a little confused about seating since we didn't have chairs/tables for everyone).

As far as flexibility goes, there are only two reasons I gave them four stars:
    1) Though they can accommodate up to 200, they cannot seat that many. You end up with a more social reception, which was what we wanted.

2) GREAT reception venue, but they can only host ceremonies for around 100. We held our ceremony at King's Chapel in Arrington, which complimented the space well.

We considered other, less expensive venues that would have required renting chairs, linens, etc. With McConnell House, we didn't have any of those extra expenses to worry about. And setup and tear down included in the price? Saves your family and friends from working their tails off so they can enjoy your special day with you!

In the end, we would have stretched our budget even farther to go with McConnell House because they were so great to work with!

And Red Pony catering? Can't be beat!!

Sent on 07/28/2014
  • User2963392 · event on 12/21/2012

We're planning on returning again this year for our annual holiday party. Great venue! We had great comments, the only caveat is that there is NO elevator/ wheelchair access beyond the first floor. However, the staff did an amazing job of accommodating the handicapped guest in a quick and discreet manner. We were very pleased and have no reservations about returning every year for this event.

Sent on 01/09/2013

Ginger · Married on 10/21/2012

Venue is beyond beautiful and requires little added embellishment. Price was remarkably affordable for wedding venues. Staff was a pleasure to deal with and handled all requests quickly and professionally and followed instructions well.

Sent on 11/02/2012

We held our rehearsal dinner here, and also used Red Pony for our wedding. All of the people on their team were great to work with. We had several emails back and forth, and McConnell house was always accomodating to every request. We loved working with the whole team: Jill, Destinee, and Chef Carl. The food was great! The bartenders we great, and very entertaining. I would recommend the McConnell house for any event! We loved it!

Sent on 11/05/2012

Robert · event on 12/20/2012

The McConnell house was a fantasic venue. The space is unique and the food was delicious. The staff was easy to work with and flexible.

Sent on 01/10/2013

Casey · Married on 11/10/2012

Choosing McConnell House for our reception was possibly the best decision of our wedding planning! As overwhelming as planning a wedding can be, finding a place that could put so many pieces into one was so appealing to us...of course, that was second to the amazing character of the venue! McConnell House comes with great service, FABULOUS in-house catering by Red Pony, tables, linens, etc. and the character of the venue leaves the need for decorating to a minimum. The price may seem high but when you start comparing, you'll see that what you get for the price is competitive as well as worth the less hassle of dealing with extra vendors. The McConnell House staff were willing to meet as much as necessary and were always open to accommodating requests while also providing great guidance as to what had worked best in their experience. If you are looking for a truly unique venue with memorable food and less work in the planning process, McConnell House is your place!

Sent on 01/04/2013

Jordan · Married on 11/14/2015

Loved the space for my ceremony and reception. Beautiful interior with history. Staff was very accommodating and made sure me and my husband enjoyed every minute of the night.

Sent on 12/28/2015
  • User2991585 · event on 12/11/2012

Hosted our company Holiday event here and it was a big success! Food and atmosphere were great!

Sent on 01/17/2013

Lauren · Married on 08/25/2012

McConnell House provides a unique and intimate venue space in the heart of downtown Franklin. The atmosphere and great service sets it a part from anything of it's kind. The food was amazing and I'm still receiving compliments from my guests on the overall experience!

Sent on 09/04/2012

Some of the best food I have ever eaten and certainly the best wedding food I have ever had. Amazing! And everyone was raving about it!

Sent on 08/14/2012

Lisa · Married on 10/08/2011

3.5

We were very pleased with our whole experience.

Sent on 11/01/2011

3.5

Great venue.....lovely setting and great food!

Sent on 11/09/2013