McConnell House Reviews

63 McConnell House Reviews
  • Rachel

Rachel Moseley · Married on 10/27/2018

Mcconnell house beautiful

McConnell House and our coordinator Ashley Jacobson were perfect for our wedding day. This was the most special day for us and Ashley made everything come together perfectly for what we envisioned for our day, and did it seamlessly.
    And the venue, gorgeous, old yet perfectly trendy for our taste! We absolutely loved it and could not have been happier. We received compliments across the board on how nice the venue was.
    Just the most perfect night!

Kaitlin · Married on 09/22/2018

The McConnell House was truly beautiful! We used the venue for my mom's 50th birthday and they made the whole event so easy to plan. Ashley recommended the entertainment and cake vendor, and all the catering was in house. It was truly amazing and easy! Thank you!

Edward · Married on 09/15/2018

Ashley is great to work with; she makes sure your needs are taken care of. Helped with great suggestions and communicated with you up to and including the dinner.. The McConnell House is a perfect venue and the staff, food, and service was outstanding. We were lucky to book this place.

Kat · Married on 09/02/2017

Fantastic venue for our rehearsal dinner! The staff was professional and friendly, the venue was beautiful and had such interesting history. Our guests really enjoyed everything. Thank you so much!

Lauren · Married on 06/24/2017

We could not be happier with the way our reception turned out at the McConnell House! This was the very first venue we looked at and loved it, but wanted to see other options in the Franklin area before making a final decision. We kept coming back to the McConnell House and knew it was the best option! We planned the wedding from over 500 miles away and Kari made it so easy from the moment we decided to use this venue right up to the time we arrived there for the reception. Our wedding was at a church in downtown Franklin and I loved how convenient the location was to the wedding. What I liked most about the McConnell House was just being able to show up the day of the wedding and knowing they had everything under control. We didn't not have to worry about coordinating a whole lot of vendors and that made for a very stress-free experience. The venue is beautiful and needs very minimal, if any, added wedding decor! The food, drinks, location, venue, staff - everything was perfect. If we could plan the day over again, we wouldn't change a thing!

McConnell House 1
    McConnell House 7
    McConnell House 8
    McConnell House 9

rebecca · Married on 10/29/2016

mcconnell house was more perfect than i could have even imagined- the space is absolutely beautiful, the staff are amazing & the food is good beyond belief.

we met with Sharon Davis first & loved working with her- she was very helpful & communicative. we were then assigned to Kayla Hillstrom as our event coordinator & i have a difficult time of even knowing where to start in describing my gratitude for her. i was a little hesitant at first because i had only read reviews on the other coordinator, but Kayla went above & beyond expectations in every day on our wedding day. she kept everything on track, was communicative & always checking in with us to be sure we were happy & our needs were met. she streamlined everything & helped us stay on track, even making adjustments in the timing as we requested. simply put, kayla is the best of the best.

our family & friends raved about everything- the food, the intimate ceremony & the venue.

i am so, so happy we found & decided on McConnell House- my 10 year old stepdaughter has already asked if she can get married there too :)

Liza · Married on 10/22/2016

The McConnell House was such an amazing venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. As soon as we toured the space, I knew it would be such a beautiful and unique place for our wedding. The staff was accommodating in every imaginable way- from the nonstop emails from myself and my family, to the last minute details the day of. I can not say enough about my wedding coordinator, Kayla. She was the epitome of professionalism and efficiency and never made me feel rushed or overwhelmed on the wedding day. She even made us plates of food during our reception and placed them in the bridal suite for us to sneak off and be able to eat (AND packed food for us to take home that night)!! The food was beyond amazing as well having a large alcohol selection available for the day of (a huge selling point for my groom). I had so many of my guests tell me what a unique and intimate ceremony we had, and that it was the most fun they've had at a wedding. I am SO beyond thankful to the McConnell House staff for being so wonderful to work with and helping me have such an awesome wedding!

Hollie · Married on 09/03/2016

AMAZING! Exceeded my expectations! Kayla was wonderful! They mad my wedding day perfect and I can't thank them enough!!

Mallory · Married on 06/18/2016

The McConnell House is beautiful and was perfect for my brunch wedding reception! After my wedding, people constantly told me how my wedding food was "the best they have ever had"- I agree :). All the servers/bartenders were amazing and so my awesome coordinator Kari! They made my wedding day stress free and I would 100% recommend to anyone for any upcoming event

• Paige

Paige · Married on 06/17/2016

I can not say enough wonderful things about the McConnell House. We just had our wedding reception here, and everything was amazing. Our guests are still raving about the beautiful and unique venue and the delicious food. So many people told us that it was the most beautiful venue that they have ever been too. It is also the perfect backdrop for photos. Kari and Sharon were amazing to work with from the first initial meeting to the night of. Everything was executed beautifully and every single question that I had was answered quickly. The entire staff at the McConnell House was a joy to work with and made sure that everything was perfect for our special day. You cannot find a more beautiful venue from the exposed brick to gorgeous chandelier and staircase to the picturesque downtown Franklin location. This is southern elegance at its finest.

Daniella · Married on 04/29/2016

I made it a point to write a review for every vendor we used because I relied so heavily on these reviews.

I have nothing but amazing things to say about the McConnell House. The venue is perfection, gorgeous brick walls and wall coverings, chandeliers, wood floors, and iron accents. It is such a unique venue. I was very particular in not wanting a barn, hotel, ballroom, or outdoors. The dance floor was the perfect size and made everyone feel comfortable dancing. It was cozy and felt like a huge house party. At the same time, you were able to walk to another room and take a break from the noise. The McConnell House met all of my requirements and was perfect.

The staff was amazing. Kari is so appeasing and comforting. She knows what she's doing. She worked with us from beginning to end answering all of my emails and calls in a timely manner. I gave her a decor map and dropped off the decorations a few days before. I showed up at the venue after the ceremony and everything was perfect. She was very relaxed the day of the wedding and handled last minute changes with ease. She wasn't obnoxiously adhered to my side as I have seen some coordinators be. She was a genuine pleasure to work with.

The food was delicious. The guests were raving on and on about how great the food was. We did a stations set up and everyone loved the flexibility of not being confined to an assigned seat. Kari chased us down with a plate of food and made sure we ate. She even packed us to go bags to take back to the hotel that night. Much appreciated!

They tell you the cost of everything up front. At first you're sticker shocked but then you can rest assured that there will not be additional costs thrown in at the end. They were flexible with times/hours and very detailed in their notes. I loved the online portal where I could track payments, notes, details, menu, etc..

The McConnell House has this right. I would recommend them to anyone.

Hillary · Married on 02/20/2016

Kari, Sharon, and the entire staff at McConnell House made my dream of a unique, personal wedding come to life. The house was a beautiful backdrop to my specific vision. I had a million and a half questions throughout the planning process and every one of them, even the most inane, was answered. I was reassured at every turn. My wedding day was incredibly stress-free and happy, largely due to the trust I had in this venue and everyone who worked there. I was repeatedly told by guests what an amazing venue we'd chosen, how incredible the food was, and what a good time they had. I'll always be so happy I picked McConnell House.

• O

Olivia · Married on 09/27/2015

I loved this venue. It was perfect!

Can't say enough about McConnell House, its staff, chefs & kitchen team. From the first meeting, we knew our reception was in the right hands. They were very professional and accommodating, listening to what we wanted in terms of food, atmosphere, style/decor, etc. and making it happen without a hitch. We had the best time! Our guests were well taken care of by the friendly staff. And the food? Its been months, and everyone still talks about how amazing the food was!
    If you want a beautiful venue space, incredible food, and a team that can handle every aspect of your event - leaving you to simply enjoy it, McConnell House is the place to have it.

Hannah · Married on 07/12/2015

I cannot say enough great things about working with McConnell House. Kari was wonderful. She helped me every step of the way and was such a joy to work with. The MH staff was so attentive and made sure we sat down and ate during our reception (Ben was amazing for that, we probably would not have eaten if he didn't set us up at a table with food!) Also, the food was amazing. After our tasting we were so excited for the food and our families and friends kept saying how delicious everything was! Really everything was perfect and I would recommend McConnell House for any type of event ESPECIALLY weddings! The venue is beautiful and makes the event flow. The space encourages guests to mingle and explore the beautiful space!

Sent on 07/27/2015

McConnell House's reply:

Hannah, I promise that we love you as much as you love us! Thank you for being a dream bride. We wish you two a life of health and happiness. -Sharon and the whole McConnell House and Red Pony Catering team

Stephanie · Married on 09/27/2014

My fiancé and I had our rehearsal dinner at the McConnell House. It was absolutely perfect. The whole entire venue was gorgeous. All the different rooms with their pretty the brick walls and southern charm provided an enchanting atmosphere. We loved that we had the whole place to ourselves so we could have cocktails and hors d'oeuvres at the bar area and dinner in the upstairs room. They even had the capability to show a slideshow that my husband's parents created. The food was absolutely delicious. We worked with Kari and Sharon to plan the rehearsal dinner. They were both so nice, easy to work with, and very accommodating especially since we were planning it from out of town. We had the most perfect rehearsal dinner. All our guests had a great time! We highly recommend the McConnell House.

Renee · Married on 08/30/2014

Everything about our son's rehearsal dinner was magical. Kari and Sharon made planning the dinner a cinch. The staff anticipated our every need. Ben, the head waiter, was perfection! The food was divine!

• Megan

Megan · Married on 06/21/2014

McConnell House turned out to be our dream wedding venue. This venue provides such a unique and elegant touch. The building is so gorgeous that you save money on decor because it's already so beautiful on it's own. he two main things I have heard after the wedding is, "Who catered your wedding? The food was the best food I have ever had!" and "How did you discover that venue because it was so beautiful!" Kari was so amazing and kept me calm and was so helpful with any questions I had through the process. She was always responsive even texting me when I had a question after-hours. The bridal party got ready in the loft upstairs and Kari made sure we had everything we needed to make it fun and comfortable. Even providing cute mason jars for our mimosas. I'm so happy with our beautiful wedding and so grateful for the staff at McConnell House for all that they did for us. Kari and Chef Carl were amazing! Thank you all so much. I would recommend this venue to anyone! I wish I relive the day because it was so special. Thank you, thank you.

I would highly recommend McConnell House for a Rehearsal Dinner or Wedding Reception venue!! The food was amazing and Kari could not have been more helpful in the planning process. Because we were from another state and were not familiar with the Franklin area, having an experienced and responsive crew was crucial, and I have only kudos for the entire McConnell House experience. Kari provided charts for tables, answered my voluminous emails rapidly and completely, arranged for rentals when I wanted specific additions, provided a very specific contract, and executed all the details beautifully. The whole staff was pleasant and professional and went above and beyond. For example, they figured out a way to string wire and hang a big picture of our bride and groom over a mantle and spent over an hour rolling napkins with some special decorative items that I brought. Chef was also very helpful at the tasting and receptive to our requests and we received many compliments on the food. Oh, and the venue itself with exposed brick and bars and beautiful wood is stunning.

Many thanks for a lovely experience!!

Loye · Married on 11/23/2013

Kari and her staff were more than accomodating and delivered as promised in every aspect for our daughter's wedding!

I cannot emphasize enough how wonderful this venue is for events. Both during the wedding and now weeks after, we've received the same complement, "That was the best wedding I've ever been to." Along with, "How did you find that venue?" The McConnell House itself is gorgeous, which really helped save on decorations for our wedding. The space is laid out great as well. With various levels and rooms, you can really specialize your wedding and give your guests ample space to mingle. What really sets this place apart from the rest of the wedding venues in the area is the excellent staff and food. Kari was absolutely amazing. She was responsive to every phone call and email and was really attentive to us during the wedding day. She went above and beyond what needed to be done in every way. I can honestly say that our ceremony and reception was completely stress-free and it is almost entirely because of her. The food is on par with anything you would find in a fine dining restaurant. It was some of the best food I've ever had...not wedding food...food in general. Chef Carl was awesome and worked with us to come up with the perfect menu to satisfy our foodie wants and our family's tastes as well. We really could not be happier with our experience with the McConnell House. If we ever need a place for any other large event, it will be here.

Allie · Married on 10/26/2013

Kari, Sharon, and Carl at the McConnell House all helped to make our event a success. They were professional and gave us creative ideas on food, set up, and ambiance for the event. Everyone was a pleasure to work with, and I would highly recommend them for any type of event whether it be a wedding, rehearsal dinner, or corporate outing.

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2013

We had an absolutely wonderful experience with McConnell House from the day we started planning our wedding with them to the day of the wedding. Sharon helped us put together an amazing menu, and Keri was a huge help when we were trying to figure out the details of our ceremony. They were both quick to respond to my emails, and so, so wonderful to work with.

The food from Red Pony was outstanding, and they were even able to make us a gluten free coconut cake that was seriously amazing. Our guests absolutely loved the venue, and we couldn't be any happier with the way everything turned out.

If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a single thing!

Vikki · Married on 10/19/2013

The entire staff at The McConnell house worked as a team throughout the process of planning the wedding. On the big day, they were professional yet blending in with the wedding guest. Wonderful, magical evening!