McCardell Photography Reviews

McCardell Photography 2
McCardell Photography 3
McCardell Photography 4
McCardell Photography 5

The McCardell's were awesome to work with! They were always super easy to get in touch with and scheduling everything was a breeze. Jon did my bridal shoot as well and was very flexible with the last minute weather challenges of snow in the South. On the day of my wedding John and Renee arrived promptly and went straight to work. They captured all the things I wanted them to and the pictures came out beautiful! The packaging I had included a full Disc of the images. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a great professional team of people with wonderful pictures! I will use them again in the future for my other photography needs!

Sent on 12/28/2015
  • F

Frances · Married on 04/12/2015

The McCardells were awesome from the time we made the initial phone call until the very end of us receiving our finished products. We could not be more pleased with the story they captured, their professionalism, ability to really connect with us and the attention to detail put into every part of our wedding and book and pictures. I would HIGHLY recommend them! They are sure to exceed your expectations!

Sent on 12/22/2015
  • AmieB

Amie · Married on 04/11/2015

Jonathan and Renee do a fabulous job. They make you feel comfortable and they are obviously passionate about their work. They have a gift for "seeing" the moment through the lens. I recommend them wholeheartedly!

Sent on 12/20/2014

Traci · Married on 12/20/2014

I found the McCardells through Wedding Wire and ended up booking them after 2 in-person interviews. I was very meticulous in what I wanted in a photographer, and after browsing dozens of websites, their work continually stood out to me as the best. I was SO happy with my choice. We got to work with Jonathan for both my bridal portraits and our wedding day, and he is amazing. So professional, really sets you at ease and KNOWS what he is doing. Side note - on my portrait day, we were more than 30 minutes late due to a hair and makeup snag - Jonathan did not miss a beat. He was just as kind, considerate and upbeat as if nothing had happened. Wonderful guy and an extremely talented photographer - we love our photos!!!

Sent on 02/16/2015

Jonathan and Renee were absolutely wonderful throughout the entire process! We were so impressed by their work. They had worked with our venue dozens of times, so I felt very comfortable that they would ensure we had the best shots. They responded very quickly to any emails or questions I had, and they were very upbeat and professional on our wedding day. The finished product was so impressive. It was hard to pick which pictures we wanted for our book since they were all so pretty, and Jonathan patiently sat with us for over two hours while we picked our pictures - I can't thank them enough for so beautifully capturing our special day.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Amanda · Married on 07/19/2014

Jonathan and Renee are great to work with. They are prompt when responding to emails, willing to meet when it's convenient for you, and custom tailor to your needs. They shot our engagement session and wedding day. The photos are fantastic! We absolutely loved all of our pictures and they even added some unique touches specific to us. While we got everything we wanted, this does come at a premium. On top of the initial expenses, the additional charges for photo books and printing are pricey. As the saying goes, "You get what you pay for" therefore we got the best! We are very happy with the end result. We have some amazing photos to remember our special day.

Sent on 09/14/2014

Jonathan was very fun and easy to work with. We had a blast and love our beautiful wedding day pictures! I would definitely recommend him to others!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Shaina · Married on 09/14/2013

Our pictures were absolutely amazing - they captured parts of the evening that I could barely remember - it was like reliving the entire day when we saw the pictures! Jonathan was great to work with!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Meagan · Married on 08/10/2013

Jonathan and Renee are so amazing! All of the pictures from our engagement shoot, bridal photos, and our wedding day are perfect. They made us feel so comfortable from the start, and are wonderful to work with. We have gotten so many compliments on all of our pictures from family and friends. I would recommend McCardell Photography to all of my friends and family. It poured down rain in the middle of our ceremony and Jonathan and Renee got the most amazing photos. Thanks for capturing wonderful memories that will last a lifetime!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Naomi · Married on 07/29/2013

Simply The Best!
    The quality and creativity of the McCardell's work is absolutely incredible! We were so pleased with my daughter's bridal and engagement pictures that we took the McCardells on a five hour destination wedding to Murrells Inlet, SC. When I look at their pictures I still get that "wow factor"! The pictures were absolutely breathe taking! Magazine worthy!!!

Sent on 10/01/2013

The McCardell's are AMAZING! They do such great work and not to mention they are awesome to talk to. They are fun and energetic and they absolutely LOVE what they do!

Sent on 08/04/2013

Caitlin · Married on 06/29/2013

We had Jonathan and Renee photograph our wedding. They were very professional, flexible, and easy to work with. They took absolutely stunning pictures. We love looking at them and can't decide which ones we want to hang up!

Sent on 09/17/2013

molly · Married on 06/15/2013

My husband and I cannot say enough about McCardell Photography. Hiring a good photographer was a priority for us, and Jonathan and Renee McCardell exceeded all of our expectations. We had the chance to work with both as Jonathan shot our engagement photos, and Renee shot our wedding. Both are professional, fun, and personable. I felt so at ease from the first "click" of the camera. Most importantly, the McCardells were able to capture the emotions of that day in a way which defies categorization. We opted not to have a videographer, and that was something we initially regreted. However, after seeing the photos captured of our day, we realized we didn't even need it. The progression of the photographs told the stories, and showed the emotions, of that day in a more profound way than any video could. We love the McCardell's and HIGHLY recommend them. We'll be using them again in the future!!

Sent on 09/24/2013
  • Brandi

Brandi · Married on 05/26/2013

Jonathan and Renee were everything and more that we hoped for in photographers. They were friendly and easy to work with. Everyone at our wedding loved them. They took all of the pictures that we wanted without us having to ask and also captured all of the details that we loved about our wedding. Most importantly, we could not have been more pleased when we received our digital images from them. They are all stunning. McCardell photography was a bit pricier than other photographers we considered, but this is one category where we wanted the best, and I believe that we got it.

Sent on 08/31/2013

Lucy · Married on 05/25/2013

Jonathan and Renee were WONDERFUL! They were fun and easy to work with. The pictures were absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 06/11/2013

julie · Married on 09/22/2012

John and Rene worked with us to customize a "package" that worked with our needs (second wedding) and budget. John's artistic eye was evident in the proofs. He captured the emotion of the event, and his work now hangs in framed prints down the length of the hallway in our new home. If you are thinking that photography is an expense you can do without, think again. We would have regretted not having these beautiful keepsakes.Tthanks John and Rene!

Sent on 03/09/2013

Colleen · Married on 08/25/2012

McCardell Photography was perfect! Our wedding day pics as well as engagement and bridal portraits were flawless. Jonathan and Renee were easy to work with, professional, and creative. I honestly could not have asked for anything more! If you want great photos done by people who love what they do, and it shows- go with McCardell!

Sent on 03/11/2013
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 08/10/2012

Our wedding photos were a top priority to me so selecting the perfect photographers for our wedding day was a big deal. My husband and I spent a tremendous amount of time researching photographer options all over within a two hour radius of our wedding location and in several states. We scrutinized McCardell's blog and website and sent them long lists of questions. They were friendly yet professional every step along the way. We loved that their photos captured moments and not just staged them. It takes a special eye for that. We have gotten countless compliments about the photos and it has been nearly impossible to narrow down to our top favorites because there are so many we love! The day of the wedding Jonathan and Renee made us feel completely at ease and captured all the shots we wanted. It was an extra bonus to have a husband and wife team. That was our preference because husband and wives teams read each other so perfectly and work together in the best possible ways. Thanks again McCardells!

Sent on 09/29/2012

Sierra · Married on 06/30/2012

Jonathan and Renee were fantastic. The captured all the details from the wedding we were looking for. They came up with creative poses for my wedding party without me having to ask for them, and the wedding book we ordered was breathtaking. They made our day so special.

Sent on 03/09/2013

Megan · Married on 06/23/2012

Jonathan and Renee are not only amazing at what they do, they are even better people! We could not have been more pleased with all of our photos. They were stunning! We allowed them to do our engagement session, my bridal portraits, as well as the big day. They captured every single special moment. I would highly recommend these 2 love birds to any and everyone.

Sent on 03/04/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/27/2012

Jonathan and McCardell Photography are absolutely amazing. From the second he arrived until the last moment he made me, my husband, and everyone at the wedding extremely comfortable. He was extremely flexible, accommodating and fun to work with. He went above and beyond to make the day extremely special and that we were happy. I would highly recommend Jonathan and McCardell Photography for your wedding or other event.

Sent on 06/11/2012

Brad · Married on 05/19/2012

Amazing amazing amazing pictures. Very easy to work with. Thank you for taking pictures that will last a lifetime!

Sent on 03/02/2013

Megan · Married on 05/12/2012

Amazing photographers. I was lucky enough to have both Jonathan and Renee taking pictures on my wedding day and they capture some of the best pictures that you may never even think of having them take. They are also well worth the money, they are very great at getting pictures back to you in an amazing amount of time, they are also very good at answering any questions you have no matter when it is. I love what they did with both my bridal portraits and my wedding day. I wouldn't pick anyone else but them!!

Sent on 05/26/2012

Brittany · Married on 09/17/2011

My husband and I decided to get married when we found out we would be welcoming our daughter into the world- unfortunately that left us with 3 months to wedding plan! Luckily for us Jonathan and Renee had an open date for the day we wanted to get married. Renee had a wedding that day so we worked with Jonathan for the majority of our experience- we did our engagement photos in downtown Greensboro and he did a wonderful job of getting us to relax and laugh- my family and friends raved over he was able to really capture "us" in the photos. The day of the wedding was a complete fiasco- the weather had been sunny with a high of 75 until the day leading up to the rehearsal dinner when a tropical storm decided to make its way through the coast. The day of the wedding was drizzling and in the 50s- my wedding was an outside wedding but Jonathan and his assistant photographer were great at working with the weather. We worked around it to get the shots we needed. My father had surprise fireworks at the wedding which made for amazing photos and Jonathan never miss an opportunity for a photograph but he was never obtuse- you can tell he is a true professional. When I received my final wedding images I was completely amazed that Renee and Jonathan had captured and edited the photos so that someone looking at the photos would have never known how miserable the weather was- just what an amazing time it was with friends and family. I recommend them as wedding photographers to anyone looking for quality photos and a reliable professional friendly photographer!

Sent on 11/09/2012

Barbara · Married on 09/10/2011

Renee' McCardell and her assistant did an awesome job capturing every event of the afternoon and evening.
    Very pleasant to work with!!

Sent on 06/28/2012