MBDbeauty Reviews

111 | New Haven, CT

111 Reviews for MBDbeauty

Colleen · Married on 07/03/2016

Andrea and her team are the best of the best! They took their time and did not rush and did an amazing job! She really listened to everything I said I wanted in my makeup and as well as hair. She made sure everyone was happy and someone stayed until the very last minute to make sure we were all set!

They are great!
    \

Sent on 07/26/2016

Marykate · Married on 08/16/2015

Andrea has a great team. She did a wonderful job on makeup for me, my mother, mother in law and maid of honor. For those of us with sensitive skin/allergies, she has a line of organic makeup. Kristen did a wonderful job on everyone's hair. And they were both so easy-going, fun to talk to and very nice. Highly recommended.

Sent on 08/27/2015

Jen · Married on 07/12/2014

Makeup By DiLieto provided exceptional hair and makeup services for myself and my girls on my wedding day. They traveled to our location and were there bright and early to help get us ready. They created beautiful hairstyles for myself and each of my girls which were unique to their personalities but perfectly cohesive. Makeup application was stunning and we all still looked fabulous by the end of the night! Great experience!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Chelsea · Married on 05/25/2019

Great experience with MBD!

I booked MBD beauty for my wedding hair and makeup and couldn't have been happier with the work they did. I booked an initial trial which was so helpful in figuring out exactly what I wanted for my wedding day. Kim and Meg arrived to our hotel right on time (early, actually!) on the day of, and were completely prepared to do hair and makeup for myself, 3 bridesmaids and the moms. They listened patiently to everyone's requests, made edits and changes as needed along the way, and didn't leave until everyone was satisfied. They did fast but careful work and everyone left feeling beautiful and pleased with how they looked (even the moms who were hesitant at first ended up with fake eyelashes and loved them!). Great experience!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Y

Yan · Married on 05/30/2015

3.5

Andrea and her girls did the hair and makeup for me and my mom. We are Asian and certainly have different style request for the hair and makeup. After looking for 3 different trails with other stylist, I decided to use DiLieto. My bridesmaid said the makeup is the best among all the trails. Andrea and Brittany are talented! They are both nice and professional.the hair is gorgeous! On the wedding day, Andrea came to my apartment very early just make sure we will finish the makeup on time. Because Brittany has another wedding to do on that morning, she came late, but they finish our makeup and hair on time and Andrea gave me a discount and did free hair for my bridesmaid. Thank you so much. I highly recommend Andrea and her team, they are very good!

Sent on 06/02/2015

MBDbeauty's reply:

Thank you for the nice review, we had a great experience dolling you up! We are happy you loved both hair & makeup, hope we get to see you again soon. Talk to you soon Yan.

Andrea and her team did a wonderful job on my makeup and my bridal party's hair and makeup. We looked like ourselves, just very polished! I was so happy with how my makeup looked in photos, it was very natural but I still looked my best. My husband was really happy with the outcome as well, as he was originally a little nervous that I wouldn't look like myself. The makeup was a little heavier than I wear day to day, but even in person it didn't look like I was wearing very much. Andrea listened to all of my concerns and tweaked the makeup to just how I wanted it. It was perfect!

The only thing was that they were a bit late the morning-of, but luckily I had booked in buffer time so it was ok. I was rushed getting to the venue because I was a little behind, but overall I was really happy with my experience anyway.

Andrea is super personable and easy to talk to, it was like getting ready with another friend. Would definitely use her again in the future!

Sent on 10/09/2014
  • Patricia

Patricia · Married on 09/04/2016

3.2
      3.5
      2.5
      3.0

Victoria and Sandy were incredibly nice. I am appreciative that Victoria came out even though she had an injury. She was so great on my bridesmaids. The timing was a little off and my hair and makeup was rushed but it all ended up pretty.
    I followed the timeline that MBD Beauty gave me. I needed to be at the venue at 9:30 am.. I didn't get there until 10:00 am.

Sent on 09/07/2016

MBDbeauty's reply:

Hi Patricia, I am so glad to hear that you liked both hair and makeup! Sandy and Victoria had a great time with you and the bridal party. The staff followed the timeline that you provided to us. Thank you for the nice review.

Christine · Married on 09/15/2012

1.8
      2.0

Responsiveness/Communication- Up until the wedding I had the hardest time getting a hold of Andrea and, to a bride, this can be incredibly frustrating. There were times when a week would go by without any answer to my emails. I had at least 3-4 emails/messages from her that started out with "Sorry for the delay....". To me, this is unacceptable when trying to deal with a professional that you pay good money to hire.

Incorrect Contract - The date of the wedding was wrong on the contract (aka a bride's worst nightmare). I fully admit that I didnt realize the date was wrong. I take 100% responsibility for not reading every last detail of this contract but I am also 100% positive I would never have given the wrong date in the first place. Neither of us realized the mistake until the morning of the wedding. Andrea called one of her employees, Janessa, to come instead, because Andrea herself had another wedding that day, which I really appreciated.

Quality of service- Unfortunately, I didn't realize that Andrea had her makeup with her at the other wedding, so Janessa brought other makeup. My bridesmaid came up to me and said "she literally is using Wet n Wild makeup...that you can get at a dollar store". The end result was awful. After Janessa left, my photographer pulled me into the bathroom and re-did my makeup and I ended up loving it. Additionally, most of the bridesmaids didn't like their hair and they all corrected their makeup afterwards she left too.

Professionalism- Whether it was obvious to Janessa or not, she was rude and uncomfortable to be around. I understand she wasn't supposed to work that day and she was doing Andrea and myself a favor by coming, but then put on a happy face because the LAST day I needed to feel uncomfortable was my wedding day.

Sent on 10/10/2012

MBDbeauty's reply:

Makeup by DiLieto was not a contracted vendor for this event, we did not participate in this event. Our business had a signed contract with another bride on this date. We are not responsible or liable for the mistake that Christine made.

Andrea · Married on 09/08/2012

1.8
      1.5

I have been trying to avoid writing this review, because I don't enjoy recounting the one part of my wedding day that was a disaster.
    I booked Andrea and Janessa because they had the best reviews in the area, and I wanted the best. The initial booking was easy, but it seems after that things started going downhill. It was extremely difficult to get a hold of Andrea. Because I lived out of state, I wasn't able to come in for a hair trial, so I asked her to mail me the contract. About a month before the wedding, I noticed I still hadn't received the contract. I called, and emailed, and kept getting the reply that it would be sent out soon. About a week before the wedding, Andrea finally emailed me the contract. There were multiple errors on it, such as ANOTHER BRIDE'S NAME, and the wrong prices. Andrea fixed it, and emailed it again 2 days later. The night before, she called to ask me where my hotel was, information I had already given her in an email.

Andrea and Janessa were booked to start my hair and makeup at 6am - I needed to be leaving my hotel by 8am for pictures. She told me they would be there around 5:30am to start setting up. Well, 5:30 comes and goes, and I hear nothing from them. Finally I text her around 5:45, and she assures me they're on their way. I still don't hear anything from them until I call them at 6:15, assuring me that they're ONLY 15 miles away! At this point, I'm in my fiance's hotel room (while him and his groomsmen are all completely suited up and ready), bawling my eyes out on the morning of my wedding. I think they finally showed up at 6:45am, barely apologetic. I was very upset throughout the getting ready process and the pictures show. They went to work very fast on my hair and makeup. The makeup that Andrea did came out great. My hair was just OK, the curls all fell out within an hour (pictures don't lie.) We didn't have enough time to take pictures, and had to start the ceremony 30 minutes late.

Sent on 01/09/2013

MBDbeauty's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback. At this time we were in the height of wedding season, so we apologize for any delay. Makeup by DiLieto was not aware of any issues, bridal makeup & hair was finished before contracted time. We are very happy that you loved your makeup application but we always recommend getting a trial done for makeup and hair so we have a better understanding of what look you are trying to achieve.

Rachel · Married on 04/28/2018

1.4
      0.5
      2.5
      0.5

I had a very poor experience with this business. After seeing the 5 star reviews everywhere, I thought I could rest easy, the process would be smooth, and the quality would be high. This was the opposite of what I experienced. Since placing my initial 50% deposit, things went downhill rapidly. I felt the owner was very rude, and the kicker was the day-of when the stylist took 1 hour 45 minutes for my MOH, and slightly over that for my other sister (they started from dry, straight hair, and both had asked for loose waves and a small portion of hair tied back). Would have been great and worth the time if they loved the hair, but both hated how it came out, and the 2nd stylist had to try to fix the maid of honor's hair after all that. My hair took about 40 minutes, to put the timeline into perspective. They do not assist you in making a timeline for the day of, so naturally nobody would expect things would take this long, and was unnecessary added stress.

I originally reviewed MBD beauty on TheKnot, which the owner, Andrea, then tried to have my honest review taken down, and sent me 3 emails after. I replied only to the first one, in a short and polite manner. I would never use harsh or derogatory words toward someone. Her reply was offensive, and threatening.

Direct Cut + Paste from the 3rd email she sent: "I have been in contact with The Knot. They have informed me that they will have you edit or delete your fabricated review. " .... "If you reach out to me again on any portal, I will be contacting my attorney. You should act with more class and poise in how you interact with others in and outside of a work environment. You were unprofessional when I met you in-person and you are unstable which is alarming."

I did not fabricate a single word of my review, and hope this review is helpful in your wedding planning process. I was extremely happy with all of the other vendors for our wedding.

Sent on 06/01/2018

MBDbeauty's reply:

Hi Rachel, again we are so happy that you liked your hair! Yes this is a accurate your review has been disputed with the knot and will be sent in for dispute with WeddingWire as well. You did not work with the Owner. Your behavior is still alarming and still unprofessional. Congratulations again!

Jennifer · Married on 08/01/2015

1.2
      1.0

Being an out-of-town bride, I relied heavily on reviews when making my final decisions on vendors for our wedding. This is primarily why I feel that I need to be as frank as possible regarding the team at Makeup by DiLieto, as the reviews that I read did not come close to my experience. I must admit that I was very pleased with my wedding makeup and my hair stayed in fairly well for the first hour or so, but my bridesmaids were very unsatisfied with their makeup.
    I felt very confident when booking with this company last year because they were very responsive and worked with my long distance situation, that was until the months leading up to our wedding. I was constantly emailing trying to get an answer about basic questions, such as "at what time will the artists be arriving at the hotel", and "who are the artists that are doing our hair and makeup"? I actually did not find out who the makeup artist was until the day of, even though I paid $200 for trial hair and makeup with a different person. And I would have ignored all of this if it wasn't for the fact that the team showed up almost an hour late, took 40 minutes on my Mother-in-laws' makeup, only to have one hour left to complete the myself (the bride), two bridesmaids and my mother's makeup. The hair stylist had to quickly work on one of my bridesmaid's makeup, and our ceremony was supposed to have started 15 minutes ago. Awful experience with this vendor! We are so fortunate that our violinist and ceremony location didn't bill us for the 40 minutes that we were late. What was so upsetting is that no one from Makeup by DiLieto's team offered an apology for this, but just kept saying how great we looked.

Sent on 08/10/2015

MBDbeauty's reply:

I am so very happy to hear that my staff lived up to our quality of service the day of the wedding. We are very happy that you were pleased with both the hair and makeup. We do offer trials for bridal party members and we would have loved to achieve a look that they would have preferred in advanced to make sure they liked the makeup. You received services from the same staff member who worked on you the day of your trial. You were also finished on the scheduled finish time that you provided. As the owner of the company we also communicated multiple times via calls, emails and text. We do not take responsibility for planning, we do not offer wedding planning services. We do offer hair and makeup services and we are very happy that you (the bride) liked both.