Mayfair Farms Reviews

Mayfair Farms 6
Mayfair Farms 7

4.2
      3.5

We had a great experience with Mayfair for our March wedding. Eventhough there was a light covering on snow the grounds were still very pretty for pictures and our first look. Our guests loved the decor of the hall and we had a Sunday wedding so we pretty much had the place all to ourselves. Barbara was very responsive and helpful and our maitre'd for the evening Susan was incredibly professional and kept us on task. We definitely would recommend the site for any wedding or event. Also great value for the area.

• O

Christine · Married on 10/08/2010

4.2

We got married in the garden in the fall and it was beautiful. The best feature about Mayfair is the lush landscaping and trees which serve as a great backdrop for photos. We had our reception in the Wellington Ballroom. I didn't love the room but since I wanted the freedom of having the patio open all night and an outdoor cocktail hour it was the only location that made sense. We did have a few hiccups in the planning process (our cake was wrong, bar was not set up as we were told, salad was wrong) We were working with one coordinator and then they left the company and got a new person and some things just didn't transfer over well. Overall I loved my wedding (even the things that did go wrong weren't deal breakers) and thought for the price is was a great value.

Diana · Married on 10/12/2013

3.5

We fell in love with Mayfair Farms immediately on our list of about 20 different venues that we were visiting to find the perfect hall for our fall 2013 wedding. We really enjoyed the homey feel from the moment you step in the door, to the large dance floor in the Windsor Room (upstairs), which is the room we chose for our reception. During our tasting, the food was amazing and was definitely the deciding factor in booking.

That all being said, I do want to raise concerns about our point person, Scott, who ended up also being our maitre'd the day of. Initially, the communication was constant and friendly, and we were excited that we could work with him for our wedding from the first step (back in 11/2012) through the wedding day. However, a few months before the wedding, we hadn't heard a word from him and so we reached out to set up another appointment to finalize everything. We then had to reach out again to confirm final payment (when we called that day, he replied after a moment that "oh, your payment is due today! we need it today!"), and then during our final meeting the week before the wedding, he brusquely mentioned that our vendors had not contacted him and that they needed to right away, even though he had never mentioned it in the first place. If he had, of course we would have notified our vendors immediately.

We appreciate the effort and time that he did manage to put into our wedding, however, we couldn't help but feel slighted at times and it felt that he was defensively pushing blame everywhere but onto himself. With a career in customer service myself, I just know that even when I feel that the customer is mistaken, I always do apologize for the situation and instead of blaming, I offer to find solutions to rectify the problem. We loved the venue, food, staff, and area, and we had the best time with family and friends, however, I do wish we had had a maitre'd who was more on top of things, and I had to take the star off for that.

Brittany · Married on 09/07/2012

3.8
      3.0

we loved having our wedding here. rich was our planner but unfortunately a BIG unfortunately we did not have him as our maitre 'd. i dont remember the womans name but she was HORRIBLE when we wanted to do pictures she had us do something else. we told her numerous times i could not have champagne and she brought me it. the cake was done SO LATE. if we did it over again rich would HAVE to be there. no questions asked. other than that the food was delicious and the grounds beautiful.

• libra783

louiseann · Married on 09/06/2008

2.6
      3.0
      2.5

Many things went wrong. Bugs in the mesculin salad & they served it anyway! When I approached Rich (person in charge), He cursed, walked away & no apology offered.
    We had planned for months with the banquet manager Sam about the "extras" we would be providing ourselves & there was never an issue until the day of the wedding. "Rich" claimed to not have been informed about theses extras & had no idea what he was supposed to do with them.
    They did not work well with my wedding coordinator, they tried to keep her out of the "loop".
    Finally, I had a very large candy buffet. The staff wouldn't help with the set up or clean up of the display & several of the more expensive candies were missing.
    I was really excited when we booked this venue as well as during the planning. The manager Sam seemed to really care about his buisiness & communication was (or so I thought) great. I was really disappointed with the venue's staff's demeanor. The servers had not been given instruction about the "extras", they were sometimes quite rude to the guests, they took my dinner before I was able to eat it & when I asked for my dinner, they said the food was done....$53,000 wedding (overall costs) & the food was done???? Let's not get started about the bugs in the salad----if they knew it was a problem, they should have told me & made a substitution instead of serving my family & friends salad riddled with bugs!
    I thought I had struck gold when we booked here & we were both so happy.........now we're happily married but disappointed with the staff & Mayfair Farms in general!