Mayfair Farms Reviews

105 Reviews for Mayfair Farms

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

105 Mayfair Farms Reviews

Theresa · Married on 01/17/2009

Our wedding was 1/17/09 - we wanted a winter wedding and were so happy when we found Mayfair Farms. The entire experience we had with the venue was just amazing; everyone was extremely friendly, they were eager to accomodate any question/request we had, and we loved the cozy feel of the decor. Sam, the General Manager with whom we worked, was always responsive and had no problems answering my sometimes silly questions. He was extremely professional and attentive the entire time we worked with him. We were blown away by the tasting and menu and even moreso the day of our wedding. Everything from the cocktail hour, to the salads, to dinner, to vienesse hour was so much more than I expected (and I had high expectations). Our matrie'd was Richard and he catered to our every need... we literally didn't have to think or want while we were there, Richard was on it. When he saw we were talking, not eating during cocktail hour, he literally brought us bites to keep us going.

I can't rave enough Mayfair Farms and their staff. Thanks to everyone there making our day so memorial and special. My only wish is to go back, this time as a guest, so I can truly enjoy the food. So many of our guests have called to say how great the food/staff was. A+++++, I will recommend Mayfair to everyone I know!

Elizabeth · Married on 11/14/2008

I LOVE Mayfair Farms!!! First, I have to say the staff was AWAZING!!! They were so attentive to our guests. Our guests have been calling our parents for the past few days raving about the service at Mayfair Farms. Everyone was impressed!! Tony was very nice and a pleasure to work with. He was flexible with the venue and my specific requests. Everything was set up just as I wanted. They did a wonderful job. Rich was EXCELLENT on the wedding day. He made sure that my husband and I had something to eat and drink throughtout the night. He made sure that I didnt have to worry about anything. The food was DELICIOUS!!! There was so much at cocktail hour. The Tony, Rich and the staff at Mayfair Farms made my wedding day perfect! I honestly have NOTHING to complain about Mayfair Farms. Everything was PERFECT!!!!! I am so happy that I choose Mayfair Farms for my reception!

Thank you Tony, Rich and the staff at Mayfair Farms!

Lauren · Married on 11/01/2008

We are celebrating our first anniversary this weekend and still hear from everyone who attended our wedding how wonderful it was! I recommend Mayfair Farms to anyone who is getting married in the NY/NJ area. We worked with Joanne and she is exceptional! Rich and Boris were our Maitre'd and personal waiter that day and we could have have asked for better service from either! The staff as a whole made our reception perfect!

KellyAnne · Married on 08/16/2008

Absolutely amazing. My wedding was flawless and attribute that to the fantastic service i received. Each and everyone I worked with showed 100% attention to myself and my family that evening, as well as the months leading up to our big day. They were extrememly accoomidating with the wants os us, along with my food allergy. They worked with our budget, but never cutting corners. They were absolutely wonderful and I wish I could afford to get married again... because it was just that great!

Diana · Married on 05/10/2008

We loved Mayfair Farms! Everything about our reception was perfect! The Wellington Ballroom was so nice, especially because it had the patio and gardens for everyone to enjoy. The food was fantastic, the service was amazing, the place looked great in pictures! We just can't say enough good things about Mayfair -- and even our guests keep talking about it one year later! Definitely check it out!!

Michelle · Married on 04/05/2008

The staff at Mayfair Farms, especially our wedding coordinator Ms. Joanne Szibat, was soooo friendly. That was the first thing we noticed when we visited Mayfair Farms and that is also what distinguished them from all the other venues we saw. First off, their sales pitch...not at all pushy! Not once did I feel like they were really pushing their venue on us. Instead they gave us all the information we wanted and needed and gave us a chance to decide for ourselves. I think they knew that their venue and their service would speak for themselves. The other venues we saw, we felt pressured to make a decision right away and the place we saw before Mayfair Farms even felt like we were the ones being interviewed for a job instead of the other way around. In addition, the staff was very flexible and easy to work with. We had a tasting so that we can decide on the place and then, even though we're only supposed to have one tasting, they let us schedule another one so that our parents (my in-laws are from out of state) can come and taste the food as well. They also understood how much I wanted a raw bar, a viennese hour and a intermezzo of sorbet...so they threw it all in for free! Including an ice sculpture! Joanne was also so patient and understanding with our constantly growing guestlist. She did not make us feel like we were hassling her for adding guests (I've heard a lot of horror stories). We also had a bunch of little details that needed to be set up before hand and she didn't want me to worry about anything on the day of so she took care of EVERYTHING! On the day of the wedding, our maitre d' and the rest of the staff were soooo attentive to us AND our guests. They even asked my mother-in-law if she wanted to pack her food to go since they knew she was staying at a hotel.

I was soooo happy that we went with MayFair Farms. We didn't have to worry about anything...including paying for it as the price was the best price for the best value that we found. Especially around the NJ/NY metro areas where some places were charging an exorbitant amount for so little!

I would definitely recommend MayFair Farms to anyone I care about....heck, I'd recommend it to anyone and EVERYONE!!

sasha · Married on 10/13/2007

They were professional and extremly helpful. All of our guests said the food was great and the service was even better. I did not have to worry about anything on our wedding day, they took care of everything. I was able to enjoy.

Dayna · Married on 07/30/2005

They were so accommodating while we were planning. Extremely flexible so that we could have exactly what we wanted for our day. They were will to work with us on the price to ensure that we could afford our day. The day of the wedding everything went off without a hitch. Our captain was so attentive and even fixed my dress strap when it snapped during photos. The place is amazing beautiful and the staff was exceptional.

Tisha · Married on 09/05/2004

Nothing bad to say at all....great place to get married and have a reception. Tony was our matre d' and he was by far very accomodating. Everything that was requested was there. There was a hurricane that hit Florida at the time of my wedding and a handful of guest could not attend at the very last minute because all the flights were canceled. Knowing that I signed the contract for the 220, I was losing like 20 guests. I called the day before the wedding to see if I could get compensated in a way so i wasn't losing so much money due to the last minute disaster, he said that he would see if could get an ice sculpture done and he would set up the martini bar. He called me an hour later and he made it happen. And let me express that martini bar was a huge huge hit. He even offered us an extra 30 min on our cocktail hour so we could enjoy it. The food was exceptional. I am one bride that can acutally say that I ate the food at my weddding. I had a very multi cultured family and Tony accomodated it. He had special ordered a dish at my cocktail hour to make me happy. The dinner was also very good. He brought out each dish (meat, fish and chicken) to my husband and I so we could try it all. And like i said it was delicious. Some of my guests even asked for a second plate and it was given to them. Tony also packed a dish for me to take back to the hotel, which i must say came in very handy at 3 in the morning. It was said that my cake was delicious. He had trays of desserts placed on each table and the cake. I did not have any but my guests said that it was amazing. At the end of the evening, everything that was supposed to go back my house was already given to my family members. No one wanted the party to end so at the end of the it all he let us have extra time to continue dancing. Again, at the end of it I would not second guess having a wedding here. Highly recommended from me.

Mary · Married on 10/21/2016

My husband and I got married at the Mayfair Farms on 10/21/16. We can not say enough to express how satisfied we were with our choice of venue. The food at the cocktail hour was raved about by our families and friends! Everyone could not get over how delicious the food was. The service was impeccable and the Matre'd was always available to make sure we were happy and taken care of.

We had some special requests and changes with our menu which were accommodated without question!

Our bridal attendant was also so sweet and helped with whatever we needed all night.

We feel this was the perfect venue to make our Wedding perfect! Thank you to Bill and the rest of the Mayfair Staff for all your hard work!

Sophia · Married on 12/31/2015

I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about Mayfair Farms. Our experience was truly amazing. We choose Mayfair after looking at over 50 venues. The atmosphere was so inviting with the fire place right upon entering, it felt like being welcomed into an old Victorian mansion. It had the perfect feel of what we were looking for on our New Year's Wedding.

My husband and I worked with Joanne S. who was absolutely fabulous. She worked with us (and my mother) to tailor everything from the menu to wine making sure that it was exactly what we wanted. She even had extra meetings with her staff to ensure that the night flowed perfectly. The staff at Mayfair is also exceptional. From the receptionist to our maître’ ds, Rich and Susan, to my bridal attendant Bertha, everyone was on top of their game and helped to make our wedding extra special. We wish we could do it all over again!

Natalie · Married on 08/01/2015

I had my wedding here on Aug 1, 2015. It was a lunch wedding with 70 guests. Richard was my contact point since the beginning. He was a veteran in the business and very reasonable in accommodating to our budget. I would recommend talking to him rather than Steve.
    Venue was beautiful; food, especially the hor d'oeuvres, was delicious. There are some small details I'd do differently if I had known:
    - The staff will place the table for you so make sure you communicate everything carefully to Richard about how you want the decorations to be. Show him pictures if necessary. I have gold candle holders that I want to just be placed on the reception tables but they were also placed on the cocktail tables which already have other decorations.
    - Check with Richard what they will provide for the reception table. I bought table number tents but turned out MFF provide them. I saw them placing candles for another party so not sure if they provide them as well or those were from that other bride.
    - While I was walking down the aisle, I held my bouquet too high up so it didnt look nice in pictures. I wish Richard would have checked that and told me. He showed my dad how to held the elbow of my right arm. Really wished he had told me...

We worked with Rich and he and his staff were awesome all day for our wedding ceremony. They made sure we always were taken care whether with food or drinks during the reception. The food is made in-house and was received with A+ marks from our guests. From the cocktail hour to the viennese table

Donna and Sharbel · Married on 06/21/2014

After doing a lot of online research and seeing several venues, we decided that Mayfair Farms offered a beautiful outdoor site for our ceremony and two other lovely indoor areas, one for our cocktail party and the other for our reception. It was also one of the few venues that allowed for a smaller, more intimate wedding. The menu at Mayfair Farms is gourmet. Their chef prides himself on using the finest ingredients. We heard from so many guests that the cocktail hour was exceptional and the food was fabulous.

My Maitre D' Barbara took such time and care in preparing beautiful settings for our guests and seeing that the timing of everything flowed so smoothly. Our waiter Ed was extremely attentive. The service was awesome. Before walking out to my ceremony, I took a peek at our reception room and when I did, my eyes welled up with tears because it was so beautiful thanks to the efforts of my florist, The Flower Station, Somerset, NJ, and the Mayfair Farms team.

We thank Joanne Szibdat, (jszibdat@mayfairfarms.com), event planner at Mayfair Farms, for all her guidance and for providing such a wonderful venue for our wedding. She took care to help us make the right menu choices and created a magnificent lavender and white wedding cake. Mayfair Farms even baked a special delicious anniversary cake for my sister and her brother-in-law who were celebrating a special wedding anniversary the following Sunday.

We are so grateful, Joanne, for all your help and wish you so many miracles and blessings. May all the good you do come back to you multifold.

Mayfair farms as a whole did an awesome job in making our wedding day a beautiful and classy affair.
    The facility is beautiful and very neat, one of the first details we noticed upon visiting them at first. We had the lower floor for our event, with full access to the patio and the big garden in the back (in which there also was a gazebo). Since it was a summer wedding, the flowers were all in full bloom, and the garden looked lush and well taken care of, which gave us beautiful pictures! Barbara was our Maitre'd, and she did a good job at keeping things on track. The service also was great and done in a classy manner, we had 2 waiters per table (of 10 guests each), which helped to make the service smooth. Our only gripe was that we had a set schedule for the food to be served, and the kitchen took a while longer than expected to get the first course out (appetizers), and not even 10 mins later were already sending the main course out. However, the food was delicious, and yes, we have guests who raved about it! Except for the timing glitch, everything else went great, and I highly recommend Mayfair farms to soon to be married couples out there.

Daina · Married on 05/30/2010

We got an amazing price for this beautiful venue. Their grounds are simply stunning and we will have the most beautiful pictures as a result! The maitre d' was excellent and we had such a wonderful wedding day there. I would definitely recommend Mayfair to everyone.

Gabriela · Married on 04/25/2009

Mayfair Farms is my diamond in the ruff. They were exceptional and are highly recommended for all types of venues.

Catherine · Married on 09/01/2018

Mayfair farms was very accommodating when we weren't sure exactly what we wanted and were very helpful when I had concerns about my dad's health and being able to handle the venue they were there to walk me through all of my options and even had him park in the back to make it easier for him. Not only were they there for my concerns with that they were always there to answer my questions and emails in a very timely matter and answered all of our questions from the very beginning even when we were clueless in how to move forward. The day went very smoothly and I definitely recommend Mayfair farms for there ease of the day and assistance with everything starting from day 1 of planning and ending after the reception ended.

John · Married on 08/02/2008

The Mayfair was very helpful especially the day of the wedding it was raining and they let us wait to the last second to decide where to have our wedding ceremony. They made sure that my bride and I had a great time and checked for our approval of the rooms before anyone else would see it. They were very professional and reasonably priced.

• Mary

Mary · Married on 04/03/2010

Mayfair was the most beautiful place, the service was incredible, the food was abundant & delicious, the people were attanvive & responsive. Every one made sure it went as smoothly as possible & were wonderful. I would recommend Mayfair Farms to every one I know. Thanks Mayfair!

• F

Melissa · Married on 04/12/2008

3.5

The staff of Mayfair Farms were always friendly, welcoming and easy to work with. I had a daytime wedding with about 85 guests. The wedding coordinators I worked with were helpful and accommodating. They work odd hours, so they weren't always there when I called, but they always returned phone calls within a day, usually the day of. They had no problem with my last-minute shuffling of table assignments the week of the wedding. Facility staff assembled my table centerpieces for me (simple bowls of floating candles and daisies) and arranged my photo display in the entry. On the big day, the staff were very attentive -- after one guest raved about the cream puffs, a staff person came to her table bringing a small plate of them.

Overall, the food was excellent. The cocktail hour displays were very pretty, the seated lunch was delicious, and the Viennese dessert buffet was impressive in its variety, appearance, and taste (although by that point my stomach didn't have much room left!). Everyone loved the chocolate fountain. My one disappointment was the wedding cake: it didn't look quite like I had hoped, despite my having provided photos of what I wanted, and it didn't taste that special -- kind of dry. However, the other desserts available more than made up for it.

Physically, the facility was very nice. I used the upstairs room by the front windows, and the room felt bright and cheerful. The size of the space was a good fit. There were lovely outdoor grounds for taking photographs. A couple other venues I had looked at seemed overwhelming, or even oppressive; or else they lacked outdoor space. This place was just right.

For the venue and services rendered, Mayfair Farms was a really good value.

By the way, I don't know why Pal's Cabin is mentioned in the name on this website. Pal's Cabin is up the street; it's apparently a restaurant. It was a good landmark for giving directions, but I don't think it's associated with Mayfair Farms

Adrianne · Married on 04/01/2007

Our coordiantor, Sam, was fantastic. He worked with us closely to ensure we were able to plan the wedding we wanted at a price we could afford. We detemined what parts of the "package" we needed & wanted and were able to substitute some of the things we didn't. The day of the wedding all of our needs were taken care of before we even knew we need them. I highly reccomend Mayfair Farms for all of your special occasions. All of our guests had a fantastic time. They we all pleased with how smoothly everything ran & how little they actually saw of the staff.

• Monika

Monika · Married on 07/08/2011

We chose the downstairs room which has a private entrance/exit to a patio with beautiful garden views. Everyone at Mayfair Farms was pleasant to work with. The food was great especially the Dessert Tables, they were a hit with our guests.

Shanza · Married on 11/25/2007

We had one of our three wedding receptions at Mayfair Farms (Pakistani tradition). Our experience with Mayfair Farms was good. They were very professional, nice people and handled our large reception (approx. 550 ppl) very well. Their viennese table was an excellent addition to our party (and a great value) and something we continue to recieve compliments from guests about.
    We had an outside caterer for the rest of the food and they were very accomadating for that as well.
    Our only complaint was that they had put up Christmass decorations (in the lobby, cocktail room AND the ball room) which did not go so well with our decor.

Ginny · Married on 08/28/2005

3.0

They did an amazing job! Great value for the price!