Mayfair Farms Reviews

105 Reviews for Mayfair Farms

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

105 Mayfair Farms Reviews

Marcy · Married on 10/22/2011

Mayfair Farms made my wedding! I don't think anywhere else could have done such an amazing job. Richard was my maitre-d' and he went above and beyond my expectations. Every time I turned around he was there to pull out my chair, get me a drink or wipe the sweat off my face. He did everything! No one had to lift a finger the entire night. He made sure everyone was comfortable and happy. I can't believe how on top of everything he was. He made sure we had enough refreshments in the bridal suite and managed the timing of everything to perfection. No one was in need of anything the entire night. The scenery was beautiful, the food was amazing and the service was spectacular. Even at the end of the night my bridesmaid had wanted a centerpiece to take home, but when she turned around it was gone. Two minutes later Richard came out carrying the centerpiece he set aside for her so no one would take it. Look no further for the best venue in NJ!

erin · Married on 07/31/2011

They were AMAZING!! Rich was our maitre'd and he was so helpful. We stopped in on a whim while looking at other venues in the area (West Orange is all about wedding venues) and fell in love immediately. My husband really liked the first guy we met and were working with but he left before our wedding day and we were very nervous. As it turned out, there was no need at all! They were so wonderful, took care of everything-all the way to Rich actually spoon-feeding me mashed potatoes during the cocktail hour to make sure I got to eat SOMETHING that day! :) They went above and beyond and we couldnt have had a better day/place.

MarySue · Married on 07/03/2011

I am the Mother of the Bride and have to applaud and say THANK YOU to the Mayfair Farms. They made MY DAUGHTER'S WEDDING a night to remember by all...... They exemplify beauty, expertise, true quality, top cusine, and the very best professional staff I have ever encountered, they were all kind and very courteous and willing to please. (and just to let you know I worked in the catering business myself for years) My daughter Alicia & son-in-law, Horacio, had their wedding at the Mayfair Farms on July 3 2011. The plan was to have an outdoor ceremony but God and the weather decided otherwise. The Mayfair's staff amazingly set the ceremony up in the beautiful room in which we were to have my daughter's reception. It's the room downstairs with access to the beautiful gardens on the lower level, The Wellington Room, I believe. Covered Chairs, my decorations, draped tulle and expert planning on their part made the ceremony amazing..... and I don't know how they did it because then they had to convert the room back to the reception hall in 1 Hou after the ceremony ended... Every single staff member was Amazing.
    JENNIE, Our own Banquet Manager/Wedding Angel/ Wedding Consultant arranged and oversaw everything and even things we failed to think of and even helped on that day from helping with my daughter's bustle to decorating the ceremony room herself with her staff and so much more, SHE WAS FANTASTIC, SHE MADE OUR DREAMS A REALITY!!!!.
    RICHARD, our Maitre' d, was AMAZING, he was always there when needed & appeared and anticipated everything and more, to even blotting sweat from the bride before pictures to handing a napkin for my very happy tears. BARBARA, The Captain oversaw all and provided whatever we requested she was MARVELOUS too. Every single waiter, bar tender and bus person was professional and courteous and always there when needed. Every detail was taken care of and I cannot say enough but THANK YOU TO YOU THE MAYFAIR FARMS!!!! I would recommend this venue for any occasion which requires expertise and detail paid to every single part of any affair. All of our guests boasted about the quality, quantity and the cocktail hour, dinner and Viennese Hour and also top shelf liquor and their amazing, courteous and hard working staff. It was an amazing wedding, because of their percision and expertise, and happy to say it was for My Daughter's wedding. Thank you Mayfair I will be back for future occasions even though we live about 1 hour away but very easy to get too!

• I

Inderpreet · Married on 07/02/2011

Wow is all I can say about Mayfair Farms. Working with Joanne in regards to the contract and details she was absolutely a gem to work with. We had been working with someone else previously and to build that trust again with only 6 months left before the wedding she was just fantastic. They worked with our budget which was really great. We had a few walk-throughs with our vendors and just to make sure everyone was on the same page.

On the actual day, I was a bit nervous but Rich (morning Maitre'd) and Richard (evening Maitre'd) were AMAZING. Rich not only kept things moving but made sure that everything went to schedule to the T. I was so impressed by the way he ran the wedding ceremony.

The evening was no different, Richard made sure that we got everything we had in the itinerary. All of our guests said they had never seen a more perfect ceremony for the entire day.

All in all, if you are looking for an amazing venue and just outstanding service. Look to Mayfair Farms - you will not be disappointed.

latoya · Married on 06/11/2011

Jenny was very good she made sure we were taking care of at all time. If you are looking for a outside ceromony mayfair is the place. There Lot of place you can take picture. it have a beatifull ground.....................

Liz · Married on 06/10/2011

I was lucky to attend Mayas wedding which was outstanding. One of your waitting staff members was Miro who took great care of our table, from the begining to the end of this
    happy occation. He is very proffesional and hard working young man.
    Liz

Kat · Married on 12/11/2010

I like to thank everyone who took part at the wedding of Jim and
    Malissa, Mayfair Farms staff members did exceptional wonderful job to
    enhance this special occasion, I also want to say special thanks to
    waiter of our table Miro who made sure we had everything just right and on time. He is very pleasant and is great asset to your staff.
    Thank you all.

Erin · Married on 10/23/2010

Mayfair Farms was outstanding. Sam took care of us from the start and the entire process was a pleasure. They were open to our ideas and found a way to accommodated all of them. The food was outstanding and the service was great. This is the best value in NJ!!!

Viktoriya · Married on 10/17/2010

My husband and I were married on 10/17/10. I cannnot say enough about how overhelmingly wonderful the venue, staff, food, service, etc. was at Mayfair! I loved dealing with Joanne. I never felt that I was left in the dark about anything. They were very up front, prompt and direct. They were flexible with payments. I never heard no but they always provided solutions to any issue there may have been. The most impressive was the day of the wedding! There was a guy behind me at all times with a drink. My assistant always fixed me, my dress, my husband's bouteneir, my veil...they organized everything to the minute. I always knew where i needed to be and what time between the photographer and the tables. It was running so smoothly! They packaged a lot of the food/desserts and set up everything in the limo. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone else. I would also consider this venue for any other events I may want to host such as baby shower and confirmation. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this day as successful as possible! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Catherine · Married on 09/24/2010

Mayfair Farms was the perfect location for my wedding. Everybody was professional and incredibly helpful during our planning process. The day of my wedding the entire staff was amazing. I am still getting complements on how beautiful everything was and how much everyone loved the food and service.

The entire staff at Mayfair Farms, went above and beyond to ensure that myself, my husband and every guest had an amazing time at the wedding. Their attention to detail was something I have never experienced, the service was superb and I will ALWAYS recommend having any type of gathering at this venue,...you won't regret it. It has been almost two years since my wedding and my family and friends are still talking about how much fun they had and how amazing the food was.

Monika · Married on 08/07/2010

Mayfair Farms in West Orange, NJ is a beautiful venue to have a wedding. We had the Wellington Ballroom with a backyard and our manager was Sam and the maitre'd was Jenny. They were incredible! We received bonus items for the same price value - ex. Viennese table was included because we didn't have children included as part of the guest list. We had a buffet style wedding and it was incredible! Everything was fresh and tasted scruptious! Sam made sure our wedding planning and reception decoration set up was stress-free and just the way we wanted! Jenny paid attention to us during the wedding making sure all our needs were met and made sure our parents had enough food during the whole time. We couldn't ask for a more perfect location and the people - Sam, Jenny, and the other staff (waiters/waitresses) were amazing and very professional.

sofia · Married on 07/03/2010

After visiting several North Jersey locations, we chose Mayfair and we were so pleased with our choice. The staff was attentive and flexible! Many other venues seemed to focus on how great they were, but Mayfair focuses on how they can make your special day great. The food and service were incredible. I would chose this location again in a heartbeat!

Richard · Married on 06/05/2010

We were looking for a good-quality venue that didn't give off that "Sopranos wedding factory" vibe. Mayfair Farms more than fit the bill.

From our initial appointment, we felt welcomed and sensed that the staff cared about making the wedding day enjoyable for us and all our guests. Everyone we worked with leading up to and during the wedding knew their jobs really well, and we especially appreciated that they paid attention to the details.

Additionally, the grounds outside were beautiful and the food was plentiful and great. Everything was reasonably priced too. We're glad we chose Mayfair Farms.

Mand-Ling · Married on 05/16/2010

To cut to the chase - Mayfair Farms is top notch. Great food (my guests are still raving about the chilean sea bass), great service, beautiful grounds.

We got married in the back garden, which was green and beautiful, and is great because you don't see the parking lot, like so many other venues. The bridal room they have was spacious enough for me and my three girls, plus our hair/makeup people (look for my review of I Do Hair and Makeup) and the photographer (look for my review of Milton Gil). And Mayfair generously provided us with drinks, fruit and cheese as we were getting ready.

We had the Garden/Wellington room in the back, lower level, which is great because we moved seamlessly from the ceremony to the cocktail hour (half inside, half outside). And the food just kept flowing! The dinner was fabulous and the dessert hour was elaborate and heavenly!

Richard, our maitre'd, was invaluable. He was our right hand man the whole day. He made sure we were running on time, got us to wherever we were supposed to be, and made sure we ate (so important and so easy to forget to do!).

What was great about Mayfair is that they don't nickel and dime you (like other venues tend to do). Everything was included (all cocktail hour stations, passed hors doevres, 4 entree selections, wedding cake, and elaborate dessert hour) and the price per head was extremely reasonable.

Mike was our coordinator from day one up until the big day. He was extremely accomodating and a great guy to work with.

All in all, Mayfair is a wonderful place for both a ceremony + reception. They will treat you like royalty from beginning to end.

The food and atmosphere were amazing.

Angela · Married on 09/05/2009

We worked with Tony at Mayfair and we had an excellent time! Everything was perfect from the food down to the linens and the half outdoor and half indoor cocktail hour. Anytime I had an issue or problem choosing something on the menu or anything at all, Tony was there with his typical phrase, "That's not a problem." I had a spectacular wedding there and because of Tony and the staff at Mayfair my wedding day will be unforgetable! Thanks also to my own personal waiter, Boris. I was getting a little dehydrated and he constantly had water and anything I needed throughout the night. He knew I was missing the cocktail hour because pictures in the gardens were taking a while and he made a plate sampling everything at the cocktail hour. Tony also saw to it that my 87-year old grandmother got a wheelchair and was wheeled right to her place (front row) inside.

I'm not sure what Mayfair the other two complaining brides are talking about but I met almost all the staff there from visiting so often and I can tell you they are the most knowledgable and professional in the business. (And Pals Cabin is listed on their sit because it is their sister restaurant owned by the Horn family.) And if you like Mushroom soup, try it at Pals first and then tell Tony you want it as your appetizer. Best Mushroom soup ever, says my guests.

Lauren · Married on 07/31/2009

Sam worked with our budget and allowed us to have the most perfect reception. No one was disappointed from the the seafood display to the martini bar and that was just cocktail hour. Dinner could not have been any better and the filet was cooked just as your ordered.

Danielle · Married on 06/27/2009

Absolutely wonderful!! We worked with Tony and he was terrific! Our wedding was everything we dreamed. The grounds were perfect for pictures and the reception was awesome! The food was excellent and the staff was great to work with. Everyone very accomodating!

melina · Married on 06/13/2009

We are soo happy that we had our wedding and ceremony at the Mayfair. Despite the rain, everyone had a great time. Sam, the general manager, was GREAT!!! Sam ensured that I, the bride, was happy and was very receptive to ideas. The staff was great aswell and always made sure that we all were taken care off. It was a special day made beautiful by our family, friends and the Mayfair staff.

Kristin · Married on 05/16/2009

Mayfair Farms was absolutely amazing! I had a hard time finding a venue that could accomodate my large guest, stay within my budget and still give me everything I wanted... until I found Mayfair Farms.

We worked with Sam leading up to our wedding but Rich was our maitre'd the day of. Both Sam and Rich made us feel as if we were the most important wedding they had worked on. Rich made sure we always had a drink, actually ate something and helped us navigate through the reception with such ease. The wait staff was amazing! I still receive complements from our guests regarding the quality of food, service and attentiveness of the entire staff.

I've read some pretty bad reviews of Mayfair Farms, but I have to say from my experience they couldn't be further from the truth. If you want a place that gives you all the "extras" at a very reasonable price while also providing some of the best service I've experienced at any wedding check out Mayfair Farms.

Christina · Married on 05/09/2009

Mayfair Farms and its staff are phenomenal. The grounds are gorgeous, and provided for excellent photography. Same, Michael, & Tony were a pleasure to work with. Everything we wanted or needed was obtained; the value, service, & food are exceptional, and all came at extremely reasonable pricing.

Alyssa · Married on 03/28/2009

What an amazing Wedding venue!

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect Wedding day! Mayfair Farms was excellent in every way. I had both my ceremony and reception at this location and every detail of my event was essentially flawless. We worked with Tony as our coordinator and Rich as our maitre'd the day of.

We arrived at Mayfair Farms much earlier than the start of our event to take pictures and they provided us with top notch service from the moment we entered until we were in our hotel shuttle. Rich even brought us drinks to our van for our ride to the hotel and was by our side all evening.

Our guests raved about the quality of food and service that was provided as soon as they entered. We got a great value of service. I'm so glad I chose them as my venue.

Everyone at Mayfair Farms treats you like you are a member of your family. I'm so happy I worked with such a nice and friendly place!!

Vincent · Married on 03/22/2009

Every one of our guests were awed by the beauty of Mayfair Farms, the friendliness of the staff, and the quality of the food. We are SO HAPPY we chose to have our wedding at Mayfair. They treated us wonderfully throughout the entire planning of our wedding. Joanne, our wedding coordinator, along with every member of the Mayfair staff, was responsive, prompt, and flexible to work with. Joanne even helped us negotiate a great price at our hotel for our out of town guests and found my wife's hairdresser. On the day of our wedding, each member of the staff attended to our every need.

Our guests could not get over how nice and professional the wait-staff were. They even asked our guests if they wanted seconds of their main course, something I have never experienced at a wedding. Our guests also raved about how delicious the food was, from the elaborate cocktail hour, delicious 3-course meal, and huge viennese hour.

One last cool thing to mention is how beautiful the grounds are. Even though it was too cold for our guests to go outside, the grounds could be seen from the huge windows in every room we were in, from the cocktail room to the reception. In fact, through most of our reception, a family of deer was grazing in the grounds, providing a beautiful backdrop to our party.

heather · Married on 02/20/2009

3 weeks later and my guest are still talking about how beautiful my wedding was (2/20/09). Everyone raved about the cocktail hour and the main entrees were all great. The wait staff was wonderful and they have table service from the bar which people loved. the place itself is gorgeous. Rich the Maitre'D made me feel like a princess the day of the wedding.. if there were any problems I did not know a thing! It was a fairytale wedding! I would HIGHLY recommend!