101 Reviews for Mayfair Farms

Stations (1)
Tastings (1)
Liquor License (1)
101 Mayfair Farms Reviews

Absolutely incredible, food, drinks, decor from top to bottom it was perfect! Rich was on top of every detail even the ones I was to frazzled to think about that day. My bridal attendant was so attentive and helpful. They brought the bridal party drinks and food while we were outside taking pictures so we didn't miss the fun. And when I was freshening up in the bridal suite rich was spoon feeding me the food from cocktail hour! All my guests were blown away!!!

Profile Picture User3278697, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There is absolutely nothing bad I can say about the way that my (now) wife and I were treated by everyone at Mayfair Farms. When we first sat down with Joanne we knew that we were in for a great experience. From the beautiful scenery outside to the beautiful ballroom to the food, we could not have asked for more. Everyone that attended our wedding continually complimented the food and the attentive service. Mayfair Farms made our special day even more memorable then we could have every hoped for!

Profile Picture Sean, 4/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Mayfair Farms. My husband and I are very pleased we decided to have our reception here. The staff was exceptional. They made sure that we were taken care of and comfortable, not only during our reception, but for weeks leading up to it as well. The food was amazing. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous! We had a blast, but mostly importantly our families and friends did too. It was the perfect place to celebrate our special day. Thank you Mayfair Farms, for such a fabulous Wedding experience!!!

Profile Picture Vicki, 4/11/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I are so happy we choose to have our reception at Mayfair Farms. This was by far one of the best choices we made during planning our wedding. We booked them in the end of February for a September wedding. (We got married on the 13th so I guess even though it was a Saturday some couples were superstitious and vendors still had availability for that night). We worked with Steve, who is amazing. He took care of almost everything. In most aspects of life I am a control freak but for the wedding, I didn't want to be a bridezilla or stress too much, I wanted to enjoy the process. I didn't have any worries with Steve and the staff at Mayfair Farms. He was very prompt on answering any questions, letting me change my mind of food a few times, and reassured me everything will be taken care of and it was. My guests loved every aspect of the reception from the time they pulled up into the driveway to leaving. We had the upstairs larger room and I had about 130 guests. The downstairs room was not booked that night thus we have the venue to ourselves which made it more intimate. The food was amazing. I wish I have an opportunity to be a guest at a wedding here so that I could actually enjoy and eat all the appetizers, main course and desserts. (My husband and I were bit nervous and kept getting pulled away by friends and family) I have 3 friends who are getting married in 2015 and they all keep asking me questions about my venue and want their wedding receptions to be just as glamorous, professional, and of course fun. The entire staff offered white glove service yet it never felt too stuffy or too fancy that you couldn't take your jacket off and relax. The staff did a very good job at making everyone feel comfortable and enabling everyone to really have a good time.

Profile Picture User3953547, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everybody here was so helpful from day one and made sure we had anything we wanted or needed for our special day. People keep raving to me about the food and service and I am so happy that we had our wedding here!!

Profile Picture Bianca, 8/23/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mayfair Farms was a wonderful location for our wedding! We were catered to the moment we entered for a tour till the last moments of our wedding night. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The food is amazing. The landscaping made our summer wedding so much more beautiful! Highly recommend.

Profile Picture User4646917, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Choosing Mayfair Farms for our venue was the best decision! The food and service was raved about by family and friends! Richard did a fantastic job attending to our needs the entire night; they even allowed the bridal party to get ready in the suite prior to the church! We were lucky enough to be the first to take pictures outside on the brand new patio! Best decision ever!!

Profile Picture Nicholas, 5/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Richard from Mayfair Farms was the most professional, caring, supportive, and hands down my life saver the day of my wedding! He made sure that everything ran smoothly for not only myself but ever guest at my wedding. He took the time to make sure every detail of my wedding was perfect and the way I envisioned it to be. The entire staff was amazing! They went above and beyond my expectations and I couldn't be happier I chose Mayfair farms for my wedding day!

Profile Picture Joanmarie, 4/11/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everyone was very nice and efficient at my wedding.
The food was great.

Profile Picture Paula, 2/8/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was recently married and had my reception at Mayfair Farms. I cannot say enough about this venue. I knew from the beginning of my wedding search that this would be the place I would choose largely due to the people who make this place wonderful. From the owners to the staff, I had the most beautiful wedding and couldn't have asked for anything more. Mayfair Farms is beautiful and elegant and the staff is so professional. My guests could not stop raving that this was the best wedding they had ever been to and how great the food and service was. Joanne was an absolute pleasure to work with and truly helped to make my day so magical. My matre' d Richard was the best!! Mayfair Farms made my day the best I could possibly have imagined and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for the most beautiful, elegant venue and a highly professional staff.

Profile Picture Nicolette, 11/8/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mayfair Farms will hold a special place in my heart and that of my husband's for as long as we both live. Joanne, Richard and all their staff made our wedding a beautiful, wonderful day. Joanne worked with us in every possible way. She took our many calls and responded to our many e-mails when we panicked and thought all was lost for certain. Richard personally saved me when I was feeling sick in my stomach with bitters and club soda. I felt sooo much better afterwards and was finally able to enjoy my own wedding for a little bit! The staff was so attentive and kind. And the food was amazing! All our guests told us how delicious the cocktail hour was and my husband and I can attest to the taste of our main course! The foilage during our October wedding was so beautiful and the grounds were just perfect. The pictures we have of that day could not have had a more storybook setting. I highly recommend Mayfair Farms for anyone who wants a wedding at a beautiful location where you will work with beautiful people. They will not disappoint you!

Profile Picture Geumbee, 10/27/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is gorgeous! We had the downstairs room and perfect weather and everything was fabulous. Richard was our maitre d and was super attentive and made sure everything went well. The food was superb and they worked really well with our other vendor and our desire to have a large block of party time in the middle of the night.

Profile Picture User2631684, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough about how amazing our wedding was at Mayfair Farms. The food was UNBELIEVABLE and it never ended!! My guests still talk about it (three months later). We worked with Joanne to plan everything, she was GREAT, very sweet and easy to work with. As you all know, planning a wedding is very stressful, but she took care of EVERYTHING. Literally everything. That's how Mayfair Farms was from the moment we signed the contract 'til the very end of the wedding. The Maitre d was AMAZING, I had my own personal bridal assistant, they both made sure everyone knew where to go, what to do, etc. They took GREAT care of my elderly grandmother and helped out tremendously, found a pair of suspenders for the Best Man who was having a wardrobe malfunction!! They even wore converse sneakers for us to go along with our theme!!! I am SO grateful for them and DEFINITELY made the right choice when selecting a vendor. It was SO GREAT I want to have another wedding!!!

Profile Picture Amy, 3/9/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mayfair Farms was the first of 4 venues venues we looked at. As soon as we walked in I know it was going to be tough to beat. As soon as you walk in you feel like you are walking into someone's welcoming home rather than a big hall. The entire staff is very nice. Steve walked us through everything and was always available to answer any questions. Kayvon was my bridal attendant and I couldn't have asked for better service. He was there taking care of me and make sure I was ok the entire night. Everything ran smoothly and our guests loved the food. The grounds are perfect. We had our reception in the downstairs, smaller room which has just been re-done and looks beautiful. The downstairs room also has access to a private patio which was perfect for us because the weather was gorgeous and people were able to be outside.

We had a magical night and I could not thank Mayfair Farms enough for everything!

Profile Picture Denise, 10/5/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hands down - the best location, food, staff, gardens, service, facilities, support.... you name it. Their attention to everything, I mean literally everything, makes holding your celebration there a guarenteed great time! From visiting the grounds, working with Richard B., the 5-star food quality, to the decorations and overall support with making our wedding night such a wonderful memory ... there wasn't one thing that wasn't beyond what we could've hoped for. They made sure everything went without a hitch and made us feel like royalty! Thank you so much for everything you (all at Mayfair Farms) did to make our wedding so memorable.

Profile Picture Bonnie, 8/10/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding here about 3 weeks ago with about 175 people in the main ballroom and everything was FANTASTIC. I don't have enough words to express how wonderful everything was. Richard was great and provided us with everything we needed before, during, and after the wedding. Our head waiter, Robert was also superb. Every time we turned back around he had gotten what we asked, whether it be part of the bridal party or a drink!

We didn't get to enjoy most of the cocktail hour since we were doing pictures, but the little we did get to have (shrimp, sushi, and lamb) was DELICIOUS, as was our main course, Chilean Sea Bass. This was soooo good! The maitre d made sure we ate and we were able to preview everything before hair. The Viennese hour was also delicious. Our cake was perfect, as were the cocktail infused coffees/cappuccinos, bananas foster, eclairs, etc. I loved the desserts!!!

If you are looking for a wonderful and affordable venue, check this place out. It will be worth your while!!!!

Profile Picture User2619648, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding was on July 13th at Mayfair Farms. My guests are still contacting me a week later to rave about the venue. the food was excellent as well as all of their staff. they made sure that the day went of as I had always planned. I hope to have another wedding their soon to attend just for an excuse to go back :)

Profile Picture User1525349, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Joanne was a dream to work with for our July wedding. The staff at Mayfair Farms made sure that everything ran smoothly and catered to every need or wish we had asked for. The food was excellent ! Our guests are still talking about how wonderful not on the food but the reception in general was. Thank you for making our wedding a dream come true !

Profile Picture User2511014, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mayfair was amazing from the beginning planning stages all the way through the ceremony & reception. Joanne was incredibly patient with all my questions & was happy to help with my planning. Richard, our maitre de worked hard to keep everything running smoothly the day of. Everyone was raving about how beautiful everything was & how amazing the food tasted. We had attended a wedding there in 2010 & loved it which was one of the reasons we chose it. I would highly recommend Mayfair to have your wedding or any other event. They will do a great job with smiles on all of their faces.

Profile Picture Molly, 6/15/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Amazing Service! So attentive! They went above and beyond to make our day so special. Anything we asked for we received. Beautiful hall. Delicious food! Amazing Staff! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Profile Picture Kristy, 4/14/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I first heard of this place because my brother and sister both had their proms here, so I wasn't thinking "wedding" at first. I went to go check out the venue and I was relieved when I met Joanne at Mayfair Farms. Compared to other venues I visited, she is the kindest person ever, and understand the stress of wedding planning that the brides go through. I was shopping around with my sister for a venue, and I felt that many locations did not welcome us because we look like 2 young girls. Some other venues practically walked us out the door! However, Joanne welcomed us to Mayfair Farms and was so flexible with all of our requests. Even our waiter during our tasting was very friendly, and I was happy to find out that he was our bridal attendant for the day taking care of the bridal party before and during the wedding, providing us with water, food, snacks whenever we needed!

The only thing I wished was that they set aside cocktail hour food and forced us to eat before allowing us to go back out to the party after our ceremony (I'm sure you can request this from them though, I just didn't think to). My husband and I ended up eating 1 shrimp and 1 bite of our entree the entire night because we were so busy. We ended up being pretty sad about this because for MONTHS following our wedding our family and friends were RAVING about how delicious all the food was at our wedding and how beautiful everything looked.

I highly recommend Mayfair Farms to all of my newly engaged friends, so that selfishly, maybe one day I can be a guest at a wedding at Mayfair farms and fully enjoy the delicious food :)

Profile Picture User1323922, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were so pleased to have our wedding at Mayfair Farms under the direction of Ms. Joanne Szibdat. She makes this venue a great place to have a fantastic reception. We did not worry about anything because Joanne conducts her business with integrity, honesty, and professionalism. We went to many other wedding venues and we chose Mayfair Farms because it is elegant, classy, and spacious. Additionally, the food was delicious and there are beautiful grounds. The venetian hour was amazing and we received so many compliments on the food and bar service. It was truly a pleasure to work with her and I would recommend Mayfair Farms to anyone as long as Joanne is in charge!

Profile Picture Robyn, 11/5/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mayfair Farms made my wedding! I don't think anywhere else could have done such an amazing job. Richard was my maitre-d' and he went above and beyond my expectations. Every time I turned around he was there to pull out my chair, get me a drink or wipe the sweat off my face. He did everything! No one had to lift a finger the entire night. He made sure everyone was comfortable and happy. I can't believe how on top of everything he was. He made sure we had enough refreshments in the bridal suite and managed the timing of everything to perfection. No one was in need of anything the entire night. The scenery was beautiful, the food was amazing and the service was spectacular. Even at the end of the night my bridesmaid had wanted a centerpiece to take home, but when she turned around it was gone. Two minutes later Richard came out carrying the centerpiece he set aside for her so no one would take it. Look no further for the best venue in NJ!

Profile Picture Marcy, 10/22/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They were AMAZING!! Rich was our maitre'd and he was so helpful. We stopped in on a whim while looking at other venues in the area (West Orange is all about wedding venues) and fell in love immediately. My husband really liked the first guy we met and were working with but he left before our wedding day and we were very nervous. As it turned out, there was no need at all! They were so wonderful, took care of everything-all the way to Rich actually spoon-feeding me mashed potatoes during the cocktail hour to make sure I got to eat SOMETHING that day! :) They went above and beyond and we couldnt have had a better day/place.

Profile Picture erin, 7/31/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am the Mother of the Bride and have to applaud and say THANK YOU to the Mayfair Farms. They made MY DAUGHTER'S WEDDING a night to remember by all...... They exemplify beauty, expertise, true quality, top cusine, and the very best professional staff I have ever encountered, they were all kind and very courteous and willing to please. (and just to let you know I worked in the catering business myself for years) My daughter Alicia & son-in-law, Horacio, had their wedding at the Mayfair Farms on July 3 2011. The plan was to have an outdoor ceremony but God and the weather decided otherwise. The Mayfair's staff amazingly set the ceremony up in the beautiful room in which we were to have my daughter's reception. It's the room downstairs with access to the beautiful gardens on the lower level, The Wellington Room, I believe. Covered Chairs, my decorations, draped tulle and expert planning on their part made the ceremony amazing..... and I don't know how they did it because then they had to convert the room back to the reception hall in 1 Hou after the ceremony ended... Every single staff member was Amazing.
JENNIE, Our own Banquet Manager/Wedding Angel/ Wedding Consultant arranged and oversaw everything and even things we failed to think of and even helped on that day from helping with my daughter's bustle to decorating the ceremony room herself with her staff and so much more, SHE WAS FANTASTIC, SHE MADE OUR DREAMS A REALITY!!!!.
RICHARD, our Maitre' d, was AMAZING, he was always there when needed & appeared and anticipated everything and more, to even blotting sweat from the bride before pictures to handing a napkin for my very happy tears. BARBARA, The Captain oversaw all and provided whatever we requested she was MARVELOUS too. Every single waiter, bar tender and bus person was professional and courteous and always there when needed. Every detail was taken care of and I cannot say enough but THANK YOU TO YOU THE MAYFAIR FARMS!!!! I would recommend this venue for any occasion which requires expertise and detail paid to every single part of any affair. All of our guests boasted about the quality, quantity and the cocktail hour, dinner and Viennese Hour and also top shelf liquor and their amazing, courteous and hard working staff. It was an amazing wedding, because of their percision and expertise, and happy to say it was for My Daughter's wedding. Thank you Mayfair I will be back for future occasions even though we live about 1 hour away but very easy to get too!

Profile Picture MarySue, 7/3/11, 1 Review