mayer video Reviews

56 | Skaneateles, NY

56 Reviews for mayer video

Daniella · Married on 05/26/2012

Justin was so great. He was highly recommended by our photographer and I think it is incredibly important for your vendors to work well together. The reason Justin came highly recommended is because he is not intrusive at all throughout the ceremony or reception yet he captures everything. When our highlights video came out, not only did I watch on repeat for hours because I LOVED it but our family and friends were so impressed with the video and editing done by Justin. Many people commented that they cannot believe we had a videographer because they hadn't noticed one at the wedding. Usually videographers come with a lot of equipment and take away from the special moment throughout the day - not Justin. We had our highlights video within a week of the wedding and our DVDs in the mail within a month. He is so nice and wonderful to work with!!! He is based out of New York but flew to Boston for our wedding. Book him!

Sent on 07/26/2012

Justin is so great at what he does. He is very creative and you can see the passion in his final product. Justin is also a pleasure to work with. We barely recognized he was there, which i think is a great quality of videographers. We received our highlight montage less than a week after the wedding, which we can't stop watching. It's so amazing! It captured everything, especially the moments you miss as the bride & groom.

Sent on 10/11/2011

Catherine · Married on 08/20/2011

We were unsure whether we wanted a videographer when we began planning our wedding. We are so happy we decided to do so and hired Mayer Video! Justin is WONDERFUL!! He covered a couple days of our wedding festivities and we are thrilled with the finished product! He's easy to work with and friendly. He captures a lot of footage and manages to do so without ever being intrusive, in fact, we barely knew he was there! He's thorough and responsive and made every effort to ensure we were satisified with the finished product. We appreciated his quick turn around of our videos and LOVE the finished product. It is one of our favorite keepsakes from our wedding! We would, without reservation, recommend Justin of Mayer Video.

Sent on 11/09/2011

Lindsey · Married on 07/30/2011

Justin was awesome to work with. He was very professional and his finished work was incredible. He got everything I wanted and we received our dvd within a few days of returning from our honeymoon. Our montage was complete within just days of our wedding! He was so quick and his work was just beautiful. I can't say enough how great it was to work with him and how beautiful the finished product came out. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/11/2011

Katie · Married on 07/29/2011

Mayer Video was the best decision we made for our wedding day. Every time we watch our wedding video we feel relieved that we had him there to capture all of those little (and big) moments. By having videography you get to see your wedding plan play out - from getting ready, to the happy chaos, to your groom's face as he awaits your arrival, guest reactions, room details... the list goes on. It's truly a priceless perspective and I am so thankful that we decided to have Justin on board!

It was our photographer, Leah Haydock, who suggested Justin to us. When I first inquired about videography she warned about the dangers of bad videographers (clunky equipment, bright and obnoxious lighting, obtrusive to you and your guests). However, Leah had only wonderful things to say about Justin, which said a lot, and she was absolutely right. You barely noticed Justin was there which meant he was able to catch sincere and natural moments - not people acting or reacting to the camera. He didn't stand in the middle of the dance floor and get in the way of your actual wedding, yet somehow he managed to get some awesome dance moves on video. He has a light on his camera but I have to say I never even noticed it! He knows how to move about the room, where to be and when - all without being noticed or overly obtrusive. In a way, you don't want to know a videographer (or photographer, for that matter) was there until you get the footage a couple of days later - that's exactly what Justin did! However, I must say both my husband and I had some nice conversations with Justin throughout the day, and he is very easy to talk to and get along with. If you did happen to notice him there, it's not so bad :)

I have nothing but great things to say about Justin and his work. He was wonderful to interact with from start to finish. If you don't get him in person, which I almost always did, he responds phone messages and/or emails within hours. Justin is so easy going but you can tell he is on top of things and very competent. He kept in touch throughout the planning and was very patient and helpful as we selected our song and video preferences. Justin even agreed to try out a new style for our video montage - using voice overs from our ceremony, including our vows, to give it a more personal touch. He did a phenomenal job.

On the actual day of my wedding Justin showed up early to scope things out and get some footage of the surrounding area. We were married in Cape Cod so Justin got shots of the bridge (symbolic of the Cape) and the Cape Cod Times. My husband and I were so impressed to see that he had taken the time and been thoughtful enough to think of these little touches that made our video that much more special. He arrived to our hotel where the wedding party was getting ready well before the start of all the festivities. As the Bride, this put me at ease to know that everything, from the very start of my day, was being captured. So many people told me how fast the day went by and they weren't kidding. It's hard to notice everything that's going on around you and having Justin there took away a lot of that stress. He got footage of everything that was special to us - my bouquet, my bridesmaids, my parents, my dad seeing me in my dress for the first time, arriving at the venue, all the little details I had made for the ceremony and reception (signs, escort cards, etc), taking pictures (it's great to see these come alive), driving around in golf carts... everything! It's one thing to have pictures of these things, but it's another to be able to feel like you're reliving it.

Another cool part is that we were also able to see what each other looked like as we were preparing for the wedding which was pretty cool. Although we didn't actually see each other before we got married, we were able to watch the video after the fact and see the behind the scenes. It was neat to be able to see my husband read the note I wrote him, and to see what I looked like reading the note he wrote me. The video adds a whole new element - it was that much more dramatic and emotional.

Justin made sure to capture every little detail and moments throughout the day. He matched up the video to the music perfectly - when there was a slower part of the song he used video to compliment it and the opposite for faster parts of the song. You could tell he took a lot of time and attention to make it perfect. He brought us from the beginning of the day (driving over the Cape Cod Bridge and getting ready) to the end of the night (a shot of us kidding outside our reception room) in the most spectacular way. He told our story exactly how we remembered it, all the while reminding us of those sweet little moments you otherwise would have missed or forgotten about.

Justin worked so well with my photographer, too. This is huge. Each is out to get their job done so it's nice when they can play off each other and respect the other's responsibilities for the day. This is just another element of Justin that sets him apart.

If I could give a future bride advice it would be to hire Justin Mayer for your Wedding Videography. He is professional, personable, and extremely talented --- not to mention efficient. We were married on Friday and we had our beautiful montage that following Tuesday. We had the entire DVD (montage, ceremony and reception) by the time we returned from our honeymoon a week later.

Thank you Justin - we are your biggest fans!!!

Sent on 08/17/2011

Amanda · Married on 07/02/2011

Mayer Video was one of the BEST decisions I made in the wedding planning process. Justin videoed my wedding in July 2011 and was truly amazing to work with. I knew I wanted a videographer at my wedding but really did not want one of those ones I have seen at friends weddings who set up huge tripods and are always in the middle of everything. I barely knew Justin was there and the video is AMAZING. I first saw the montage while we were still on our honeymoon and immediately started crying...happy tears!!! I have watched the video SO many times and each time it brings me back to the best day of my life. It is beautiful and Justin captured all of the special moments perfectly. I am so glad we decided to use Mayer video and would highly recommend Justin to any bride and groom!

Sent on 09/27/2011
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 06/18/2011

Justin did an amazing job filming our June 2011 wedding in Skaneateles, NY. He was with us the entire day from prep till the every end. At first I didn't want to have a videographer- I have seen them at other weddings... sticking a mic in your face to get you to say something to the bride/groom...making people uncomfortable...carrying giant equipment with bright lights... this isn't how Justin works at all! I didn't even notice him half the time but he still captured it all! He carried a small camera around... he was friendly, attentive and fun. Another thing I was really impressed with... was his turn around... he had our montage posted on his web site a in less than a week and we received our final copy in only a few weeks! Which is rare... I would HIGHLY recommend Justin to anyone...

Sent on 07/11/2011

Chrystal · Married on 06/05/2011

We were extremely happy with Justin. He was very patient and flexible with us as we figured out if we could budget in his services. Most importantly he researched and was able to skyp our whole wedding so that my father who was out of the country could participate. We strongly recommend Justin!

Sent on 07/25/2011

Mark · Married on 06/04/2011

To future bride and grooms,

Where can I begin with Justin Mayer. First, I'll give you my quick story. 4 months prior to our wedding my wife was in a wedding in Boston, Mass and we saw the videographer and all the hard work he was putting in. It was Justin putting in all the hard work. I told my future wife we could never afford it and we were not going to have one for out wedding to save money. Then we saw the montage of my wife's Friends wedding and my wife was hooked. My wife begged me to book Justin ASAP. I Hesitated but called Justin the next day and he was available for our wedding date. I booked him on the spot. It was the most amazing DVD I have ever seen. You will not be disappointed with Justin Mayer. He is absolutely one of the most professional people I have ever seen. Thanks Justin

Mark Letizia
    Markl@mdrcny.com

Sent on 06/20/2011

Mark · Married on 06/04/2011

Best wedding video ever!

J Mayer is so good!

Sent on 02/26/2013

Jennifer · Married on 05/07/2011

Justin Mayer did an amazing job capturing all of the important events at the wedding, but he also managed to capture moments that I didn't know would be that important until I saw the dvd. My husband and I watched the dvd with my family and we were all crying and laughing at the footage. We are all so happy that we can relive our special day by watching the dvd. I know that for us on our wedding day, everything happened so fast, and I was afraid that I would forget certain things, but thanks to Justin I never have to worry about that. Thank you Justin!!

Sent on 07/16/2011

Claire · Married on 12/31/2010

We used Justin for our wedding on 12/31/10 in Boston. Justin was wonderful to work with from the beginning. He was informative, friendly, and personable. He was excellent at emailing me back with any questions I had promptly. His style of filming is very unobtrusive and you don't even realize he is there! The video came out amazing and he truly captured all the special moments of our day! I would highly recommend Mayer Video!

Sent on 02/21/2011

Shannon · Married on 10/09/2010

I kept going back and forth about hiring a videographer for my wedding, however, when I found out my sister was pregnant and there was a possibility that she was not going to be able to be in attendance, my search for the perfect videographer began. I came across Mayer Video's website and immediately knew I loved what I saw. I contacted Justin and he came all the way to Pittsburgh, PA to shoot my wedding. Justin was wonderful to work with. He was always very responsive and was always open and willing to work with my visions. He was definitely one of the best vendors I have ever worked with! If you are looking for a responsive, friendly, talented and professional videographer, Mayer Video is definitely the way to go! Thank you so much Justin for capturing my wedding day exactly as I remember it!

Sent on 01/28/2011

Sara · Married on 09/25/2010

My husband and I decided to have a videographer at our wedding on fairly short notice, due to the fact that a family member could not attend, and we wanted to make sure he could still see the events of the day. It ended up being one of the best decisions we made; working with Justin was great, and having a DVD of the day is really wonderful.

Justin was professional, friendly, and completely unobtrusive. He managed to capture so many lovely moments, but was not at all in our faces, as other videographers can be. When we saw the montage on his blog shortly after, we loved it, and we were just as happy with the recordings of the ceremony and reception. I highly recommend Mayer Video!

Sent on 12/05/2010

megan · Married on 09/17/2010

Justin did an amazing job on our wedding video! We received the video back very quickly, even before our pictures were ready. We loved the montage and sharing it with friends online, and got so many compliments. Justin was prompt, professional and I never noticed he was there! His pricing was much better than others we compared. Thanks for capturing our special day!

Sent on 12/03/2010

Jennifer · Married on 08/28/2010

Justin was everything we could have asked for in a videographer. He was so nice and easy to work with and he did a great job of capturing everything that was important all while blending into the crowd. He was very quick to complete our incredible video and he even had the montage on his site before we returned from our honeymoon! Our video was beautiful and perfect. It was a nice combination with the artistic montage and then the real footage of the reception and ceremony. We would certainly recommend him and would use Justin again!

Sent on 12/03/2010

Lindsey · Married on 07/25/2010

Justin is a true artist! I can't begin to explain how extremely happy I am with his work. From one bride to another you are undoubtedly going to have certain things about your wedding that were a little disappointing (not that anyone else will notice) and that is because you will painstakingly plan every last detail. With Justin as your videographer you will have nothing to worry about. He will not only be the best choice you have ever made but also far surpass your expectations of what a videographer can do! I have seen many of my friends hire videographers for their weddings and they are either cheesy or not very artistic, which is one of the reason I wasn’t even sure at first it I was going to hire one…Then I found Justin!!!! He has a creative eye like no other I have seen in this industry. All of my friends and family raved about his work and the funny things is that at the wedding itself he was completely stealth; most people didn’t even notice him there. I promise if you hire Justin there will be nothing more than wonderful memories to share with friends and family for years to come.

Sent on 12/09/2010

Matthew · Married on 07/17/2010

I was nervous about hiring a videographer because I thought it would make me and other people at my wedding uncomfortable. I'm glad I listened to my wife because Justin did a great job capturing all the special events of the day and never distracted from anything in the slightest. Now we have a video of amazing quality to remember our wedding with..

Sent on 09/26/2010

Jennifer · Married on 06/19/2010

Mayer video is the best! I am so happy I went with Justin. He was always very friendly and professional and the quality of the editing and work that was provided to us was outstanding. In fact, I ejoyed my video footage ten times better than my actual photography! The video montage of our wedding day has become a family favorite and it always brings tears to my eyes, we couldnt recommend Mayer Video any higher! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Sent on 09/27/2010

j · Married on 06/19/2010

We used Justin for our wedding in June 2010 and had an excellent experience working with him. He is very friendly and laid back, which is the kind of person it is nice to have around while you are getting ready for your wedding! He is like a video ninja because half of the time I didn't realize he was taping or even near us, and when i was watching the video I realized he had been capturing all sorts of stuff. It was so nice to watch the video and relive the memories of our wedding day. It goes by so quickly, and we are so grateful to have Justin's beautiful video to pop in whenever we want.

He is very professional and responds to emails so quickly, which is nice. Our video was done in just a couple of weeks and Justin even coordinated with our photographer on the day of the wedding to have her send him some of her pictures to include on the DVD in a slideshow. When we were on our honeymoon Justin emailed us our highlight reel, which was amazing!

Sent on 05/18/2011

Kate · Married on 06/05/2010

We enjoyed every aspect of working with Justin of Mayer Video. At first, we were unsure if we wanted videography for our wedding, but it was one of the best decisions we made. He did a wonderful job of capturing the important moments of the wedding ceremony and reception without being at all intrusive. Pictures are nice, but it's great to actually be able to relive our favorite parts of the day in our video. Mayer Video is a great value with all day coverage, editing, and the final product for one price.

Sent on 10/05/2010

Kerri · Married on 04/17/2010

I heard about mayer video and asked if they could come with me to Playa Del Carmen, MX to do my wedding. Not only was he affordable, his quality, work, and videography was ABSOLUTELY amazing. Far better than anything I could have imagined. He caught every perfect moment on tape. He included a slideshow from my photographer, the rehearsal dinner, the wedding, the reception, everything! I am so happy I can go back and watch every moment of that week and I am blown away it turned out perfect, just perfect! I recommend anyone who needs a videographer, ask Justin Mayer to attend your wedding. My wedding video turned out amazing, one look and you will see why I HIGHLY recommend him!
    Kerri and Chris

Sent on 07/25/2010

caitlin · Married on 10/17/2009

It was my husbands idea to get a videographer. I had these visions of cheesy, terrible home movies and a big camera in our face every time we turned around. And trust me, there are many of those videographers out there! But after much searching, I found Justin and he seemed completely different. His samples were fresh, creative and simple...exactly the type of vibe we were looking for.

Not only was Justin completely professional and accessible leading up to our wedding, answering any last minute questions or idea we might have had, it was really the day of and all that followed after, that proved what a terrific choice we had made. Throughout our entire day, Justin was always there...without once being obtrusive or in anyone's way. Never once did I have to think, "oh wow, I wish we had this on camera" because Justin was already there, capturing it all on film. He worked closely with my photographer to catch every single moment of our day and even better then that, he was one of the nicest people to work with.

Not too long after our wedding, he sent this incredible 3-4 minute video that was a glimpse into our day from start to finish, set to our wedding song, that made us sooo excited to see the entire film. He again worked closely with our photographer to gather a number of photos from the day to add to the final product as well as create a wonderful case for our DVD. And then the final video arrived. From start to finish, this is truly the work of a professional. Justin added a great menu from which you can chose which part of the day you would like to watch (ie. ceremony, reception, etc) as well as including that short film for those who just want to watch the overview as well as including a wonderful slideshow of photos from our photographer. It was fantastic!

I highly recommend Justin without a single reservation. He truly made me so appreciative that I listened to my husband and that we have this amazing video to remember our day.

Sent on 03/13/2010

Christine · Married on 10/09/2009

I loved working with Justin and I didn't even know he was there. I would recommend him to all engaged couples!

Sent on 03/01/2010

Jolene · Married on 09/13/2009

Justin Mayer was the videographer for our September 2009 wedding. Justin was an absolute pleasure to deal with from beginning to end. He is incredibly professional, fantastic at what he does, made everything so easy, and delivered a great product in a timely fashion. I would hire him again in a heartbeat and highly recommend him. I wish all my vendors were as accomodating as Justin!

Sent on 03/02/2010