Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers Reviews

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 3
Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 4
Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 5

ashley · Married on 06/09/2018

Ooo! Our wedding cake from Maxine’s was so charming and delicious. We found her name on our venue’s vendor list. Frankly, we were not sure if we had enough money for a cake from her but some pleasant and unexpected budget shifts happened and we were able to order a cake for our wedding (6/9/18). We have no regrets about our decision, especially after searching for other bakeries. Her craftsmanship is refined and the icing and cake textures were perfection. My husband and I decided upon an older Martha Stewart cake design: a buttery yellow frosted cake base with piped festoons along the edges in a paler tonal yellow (we are not fans of the naked cake trend.) We scheduled a tasting and consultation and left knowing that Maxine would do a beautiful job and it was one more thing we could check off of our list! We couldn’t have been happier with the results. Her delivery rate is also very reasonable and she came right on time. The three tiers of lemon poppyseed cake with blackberry jam and airy buttercream were thoroughly enjoyed by us and our guests… We forgot to save ourselves a slice but maybe we’ll just have to get ourselves an anniversary cake in the future. Thank you Maxine!

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 6
    Sent on 07/18/2018

Nina · Married on 06/02/2018

I am so glad I chose Maxine to bake my wedding cake. When I met her the first time cake testing, she was so warm and friendly and felt she really took the time to listen to me and my ideas. She is very accommodating and very professional which I valued very much. The cake itself tasted amazing and my guests were all wanting seconds! She did an amazing job and I am so happy with how everything turned out.

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 7
    Sent on 06/13/2018
  • Megan

Megan Mucci · Married on 05/26/2018

Delicious cake, Flexible baker!

Maxine was super responsive from day one. She helped us pick flavors that went well together and worked around our schedule for a tasting and helped us work on the right size and style for our budget. The cake was amazing, we got a lot of compliments and I can't wait to eat it again on our anniversary! Also, she delivered the cake day of on time and worked with our coordinator and florist to put flowers on it so I could just be fulling present on my wedding day and not have to deal with it. She is amazing and you should definitely hire her!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

Thank you so much, Megan. I truly appreciate your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you both!

All the best,
    Maxine

Abigail · Married on 05/20/2018

Maxine is a pleasure to work with. She understood my concept right away and delivered. The cake was beautiful and everyone told me it was tasty! I am not a lover of chocolate cake but we had the top portion in chocolate cake and at our first bite I was so impressed! I'm glad it was the top portion and our first bite. We thoroughly enjoyed everything about working with Maxine. She was so easy and accommodating! :)

Sent on 06/07/2017

ashley · Married on 04/05/2018

Ooo! Our wedding cake from Maxine’s was so charming and delicious. We found her name on our venue’s vendor list. Frankly, we were not sure if we had enough money for a cake from her but some pleasant and unexpected budget shifts happened and we were able to order a cake for our wedding (6/9/18). We have no regrets about our decision, especially after searching for other bakeries. Her craftsmanship is refined and the icing and cake textures were perfection. My husband and I decided upon an older Martha Stewart cake design: a buttery yellow frosted cake base with piped festoons along the edges in a paler tonal yellow (we are not fans of the naked cake trend.) Maxine did a beautiful job and we couldn’t have asked for more! Her delivery rate is also very reasonable. After being admired and The three tiers of lemon poppyseed cake with blackberry jam and airy buttercream were thoroughly enjoyed by us and our guests… We forgot to save ourselves a slice but maybe we’ll just have to get ourselves an anniversary cake in the future. Thank you Maxine!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Elle · Married on 12/15/2017

I could never accomplish the birthday cake request that my son made, so I was fortunate to find Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers when I needed to have a 'nature cake' made. Maxine nailed it! Not only was she easy to work with, her creativity was perfect and most importantly, the cake was truly delicious. I can only imagine the magic she can create for a wedding cake.....

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 8
    Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 9
    Sent on 12/25/2017

Melissa · Married on 10/08/2017

Beautiful and delicious cake! Maxine listened to all of our requests. We actually ended up mixing and matching between all the different cakes we initially tasted (which she didn't mind at all) and she made us an amazing cake that had three separate flavors in each tier. ALL of our guests loved it! She worked seamlessly with our florist and the decorations ended up being exactly how we wanted it to look.

Sent on 10/12/2017

Charlotte · Married on 09/23/2017

Maxine was great! The cakes were beyond delicious, there was nothing left over! We had four different cakes (different flavors and sizes), each one more delicious than the next. Maxine delivered the cakes and decorated them with extra flowers we put aside for her! They were beautiful! Maxine was thoughtful and prompt, as well as extremely kind. What a pleasure to work with, HIGHLY recommend using Maxine's Catering at your wedding!!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Kathrin · Married on 08/19/2017

We got a small cake for the cutting ceremony and a few dozen cupcakes. Everyone loved them! I am the bride and might be biased, but I think it was the best wedding cake I've ever tasted. Maxine has a great selection of flavors and we loved them all so much that it was really difficult to decide. She was easy to communicate with and everything worked perfectly and exactly like she said. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/27/2017

Thomas · Married on 08/03/2017

Kudos to Maxine and her unbelievable cake making skills! With cake making today, it’s common to sacrifice taste for looks and vice versa- not with Maxine! The cake was not just gorgeous, but scrumptious to boot! Maxine put together a magnificent 3 tier wedding cake for us layering a lemon cake with blueberry preserves, lemon curd, raspberry preserves and buttercream! Maxine was extremely patient with us, even going as far as decorating our cake last second with fresh flowers the day of. Communication with her was thorough- from the day we scheduled our tasting to the day the cake was delivered. Every guest could not believe how fresh and delicious the cake was. It truly was the perfect ending to a perfect night! Maxine has the eye, the skill and finesse to make any style and size cake a memorable one! Thank you again!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Julita · Married on 07/08/2017

There aren't enough words to describe our satisfaction from working with Maxine. Maxine was just a pleasure!! From start to finish she made the process so easy for us. She was actually the first and last baker we spoke to. Very responsive throughout the early stages, lots of email exchanges, always attentive to our questions and concerns .. and the tasting just sealed the deal. Maxine was wonderful to work with and made sure that she achieves everything we imagined. When we first saw our cake we couldn't believe how BEAUTIFUL it was. Not only that, it was beautiful and it tasted AMAZING!!! If you are looking for a great baker for your wedding cake, look no further! Maxine is amazing and her work is amazing too! Thank you for making our special day even more special!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Rachel · Married on 06/24/2017

Our guests are still raving about our wedding cake from Maxine's! We had a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and not only was it delicious, it was also beautiful and the greenery she added to the cake fit perfectly with our theme. Maxine was very flexible and accommodating and pleasure to work with. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding cake they ever had! We highly recommend Maxine and can't say enough good things about her cakes.

Sent on 07/03/2017

Karen · Married on 06/03/2017

We chose Maxine after an extensive search for a vendor to make our wedding cake. I had such a specific vision in my mind, and Maxine absolutely nailed it-- it was actually even more perfect than I ever could have thought possible! Not only did the cake look unbelievable, but it TASTED even better! Guests raved about it, and my husband and I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out. On top of her amazing work, Maxine herself is amazing! What a lovely and easy-going person to work with on an otherwise chaotic day. She was the perfect choice, and we can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Liz · Married on 06/03/2017

I can't recommend Maxine's Bittersweet Bakers enough!! Maxine made our wedding cake which was a 3 tier naked cake with almond cake, almond buttercream icing and raspberry preserve and almond buttercream filling. Perfect combo for a summertime wedding.

Maxine was great to work with and super responsive and accommodating. We were so glad to have her as part of our special day!!

Sent on 07/13/2017
  • Z

Zahira · Married on 05/27/2017

Maxine created the most amazing cakes for my wedding!

Sent on 07/04/2017
  • I

Ian · Married on 10/01/2016

Maxine made us a four-tier wedding cake with two different flavors and two different fillings in alternating tiers -- her flavors are so good we couldn't decide on just one, so we gave our guests the option of two! And they were both amazingly good. Many guests had to try both and we had enough cake that they could. They raved about the flavors, the moistness of the cake, and the "melt-in-your-mouth" frosting. Maxine is a complete professional, collaborative, friendly, and willing to consider any idea we had in crafting the perfect cake for us. Her presentation is flawless. He delivery was on-time. Her experience and artistry is evident at every stage of the process, from the initial conversation, to the tasting, to the final product. We have used her for a birthday party, now a wedding, and will continue to turn to her whenever we need the perfect cake. There is no equal! Thank you, Maxine!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Emily · Married on 09/24/2016

Maxine was amazing. Her cakes are gorgeous, very interesting flavor combos and made it one of the best parts of our wedding! Highly recommend working with this wonderful baker!

Sent on 10/03/2016
  • User4987525 · event on: 09/10/2016

I was referred to Maxine by my fabulous florist (Steven Bruce in case any of you are looking for someone) and have to say that she did not disappoint. She was able to translate my medley of ideas and inspiration into a one-of-a-kind GORGEOUS cake for my bridal shower. My bridal shower was months ago and I am still having attendees reach out to me about how beautiful and delicious the cake was. I know that I can be pretty demanding but Maxine met each request and inquiry with a smile and extreme responsiveness (what a godsend). She is a true artistic genius and your absolute go-to (especially if you are in the Hudson Valley). Needless to say, I cannot wait to see how my wedding cake will turnout! Hiring Maxine has given me once less thing to worry about as I know that my wedding cake will be in the best hands.

Sent on 06/23/2016

K · Married on 09/10/2016

Maxine was such a pleasure to work with and her cakes were amazing! We tried several other bakers/bakeries in the area and chose to work with maxine because her cake was hands down the best and she was also the most flexible. We wanted multiple flavors and she even worked with us to create a custom frosting flavor! She was very responsive throughout the process and everything went smoothly on the day of our wedding. Our guests are still raving about the cake and can't agree on which flavor was their favorite!

Sent on 09/26/2016
  • W

Wesley · Married on 09/04/2016

Maxine was a pleasure to work with!
    We went for a tasting in her lovely home just a couple months before our wedding and loved every bite!
    Her cupcakes and cake looked exactly as we had requested on the day of.
    Everything was perfect!
    Thanks Maxine!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Caroline · Married on 09/03/2016

Maxine did a spectacular job with our wedding cake. We received many compliments on how beautiful it was and how great it tasted - a combination that sometimes can be hard to achieve. It was so beautiful, we didn't even want to eat it but we did and it was delicious. She really listened to our wants and needs and delivered exactly what we wanted. We couldn't have been happier with the outcome. We would recommend Maxine to anybody!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Megan · Married on 06/18/2016

If you're reading these reviews, then just stop here and go book Maxine for your wedding! Maxine's cake and desserts were AMAZING at my wedding at The Kaaterskill in Catskill, NY. We ended up choosing a maple pecan cake with bavarian cream inside and a brown sugar buttercream frosting on the outside, although it was hard to choose as all the cakes at the tasting were incredible (I'm still dreaming of a slice of rosemary cake!). The cake was SO delicious and we had guests complimenting how great it was as well as how beautiful it looked. Maxine was so helpful in giving us ideas on how the outside of the cake should look, and the result was just perfect. Our florists provided flowers, and Maxine displayed them on the cake just perfectly. Not only was it gorgeous to look at, but delicious to eat.

We also had lemon bars and brownies made, which were eaten by everyone in the blink of an eye. It may have been the best brownie and lemon bar I've ever eaten!

I can't wait til our one year anniversary when I can take my cake topper out of the freezer and eat this amazing cake again!!!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 06/11/2016

Maxine made us a beautiful and absolutely delicious wedding cake! Everything was wonderful and seamless from the tasting in Maxine's lovely home to the delivery on our big day. We had such a hard time choosing from the many options and Maxine was incredibly helpful in guiding us through the process. Maxine coordinated with our florist and day-of coordinator which took a lot of pressure off of us on our wedding day. Thank you, Maxine, we are so appreciative!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Michael · Married on 06/11/2016

Maxine was a pleasure to work with. She was very cheerful and responsive in all our phone calls and correspondence, not to mention, she delivered a beautifully crafted and delicious cake in a timely and professional manner on our wedding day. She was very flexible as we collaborated on the cake design. Thank you Maxine! Keep up the great work!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Gillian · Married on 05/21/2016

Maxine was a delight to work with -- she baked us a vegan wedding cake that was absolutely to die for - three tiers with almond cake and mocha buttercream. It was so tasty - everyone loved it (vegan and non-vegans alike)! She was happy to accommodate our vegan and gluten-free preferences, too. I ate four pieces at our wedding...Not only that, the cake was beautiful - Maxine decorated it with flowers and the topper we provided and delivered it herself the day of our wedding. Outstanding!! A pleasure to work with! We could not be any happier with Maxine's Catering!!

Sent on 07/07/2016