Maui Wedding Cakes Reviews

99 | Kihei, HI

99 Reviews for Maui Wedding Cakes

Cake was great, sheet cake was great. Price was decent.

Sent on 07/16/2012

I had a two tiered cake - Chocolate cake with chocolate mousse and raspberry filling on one tier and Sponge cake with buttercream and lillikoi filling on the other. Both of them were DELICIOUS. I ate a massive piece of each cake and really couldn't decide which was nicer.
    I would say that organising my cake was probably the easiest part of my wedding planning. I got immediate responses from the vendor and the cake looked and tasted exactly how I wanted.

Sent on 07/09/2012

Lindsey · Married on 05/06/2012

I would absolutely recommend Maui Wedding Cakes to anyone in need of a wedding cake or cake for a special occasion. Cheryl was very easy to work with and I was very pleased with my cake. At first I was a little worried because I would not get to try to the cake beforehand. Needless to say, the cake was amazing! For our wedding cake, we got vanilla cake with a passion fruit filling. Everyone love the cake! I even received compliments from people who typically don't care for cake. The slices were generous and the cake was beautiful. I also ordered a birthday cake for my husband and that was another success. Thank you Cheryl and those at Maui Wedding Cakes!

Sent on 05/22/2012

Jia · Married on 02/20/2012

Hands down the best wedding cake I ever had! Maui wedding cake was recommended by my wedding venue Merriman's and it was a very good one. Their cake taste amazing. We ordered the white cake with Whipped Cream Custard, Logsdon Lilikoi (Passionfruit) fillings and butter cream icing. They really listen to what you want and give you their professional opinion. They will let you know what would taste good and what would look good. I told them my wedding color and they were able to decorate my cake with fresh flowers that's in my wedding color. I am very happy with our wedding cake.

Sent on 04/05/2012
  • Q

Stephanie · Married on 12/12/2011

The cake was beautiful and it tasted delicious. Cost was reasonable.

Sent on 02/14/2012

Melissa · Married on 11/01/2011

With a few specific ingredient requests, the bakers at Maui Wedding Cakes made our dream cake a reality.  It was both beautiful and delicious.

Sent on 12/18/2011

Gretchen · Married on 08/09/2010

Cheryl and Casey from Maui Wedding Cakes are so easy to work with and their cakes are amazing. They always responded to my emails quickly and gave me exactly what I was looking for. The lilikoi filliing was my favorite, but we also had banana cream and coconut-all were so good and many of our guests commented on how great the cake was!

Sent on 08/25/2010

Karen · Married on 02/23/2010

We ordered a 2 layer white cake covered with white chocolate shells for our Maui Wedding. It was wonderful! Not only was it beautiful to look at, it tasted great!

Sent on 05/27/2010

Alana · Married on 08/22/2009

My wedding cake was prettier than I could've imagined! I gave them some pictures of cakes I liked and told them ideas I had, and they created a beautiful cake. It tasted delicious too. I would recommend the lilikoi flavor.

Sent on 01/04/2010

Erin · Married on 08/08/2009

My husband and I were married on Maui last August, and at the last moment a hurricane was set to hit on our wedding day, so we had to move the wedding up by a few days, and moved our post-wedding dinner to a reception dinner the night before. With just 2 days to spare, Maui Wedding Cakes answered their "Emergency Cake Line" and were able to make us the cake of our dreams in just that small time frame. I can only imagine what they would do with a little more notice! The cake not only met our expectations, but far exceeded them both in taste and style. Thank you Maui Wedding Cakes for saving our day!

Sent on 05/04/2010

JOsie · Married on 07/24/2009

My cake was outstanding! Exactly what I had asked for and it was delicious!!! I would refer this couple to anyone. They've been doing this for a long time...

Sent on 04/21/2010
  • Holly Hunt-Kix

Holly · Married on 05/30/2009

I can not rave enough about our wedding cake from Maui Wedding Cakes. To this day (a year later we still dream about it) and our next trip to Maui we will be ordering one "just for the hell of it". It was the most beautiful cake and the most delicious cake I, and my guests, have ever tasted in our lives. We even all took a piece home and ate them for breakfast the next morning! We just couldn't wait to have another bite! As a desination bride, we didn't know what to expect and we were MORE than pleased! I would seriously recommend this "wedding cake" service to absolutely anyone!

Sent on 05/13/2010

Suzanne · Married on 05/21/2008

My wedding cake was more beautiful than I imagined. They are extremely flexible and willing to do anything to make you happy. I was very impressed.

Sent on 05/29/2008

Kerri · Married on 02/22/2008

I wanted to surprise my husband on our 10 year anniversary with the same cake that we had on our wedding day. We remembered that cake as the best cake we had ever tasted. I contacted Casey to see if he could make the cake and ship it to Minnesota. I was surprised that he not only would pack it and ship it to me, but that he would do it very quickly (especially since I dropped the ball and ordered late). The cake was just as we remembered - amazingly delicious!! I just wish that they were closer to us so that we could have their cake more often!

Sent on 02/22/2018

I read the poor review for Maui Wedding Cakes and felt compelled to share my wonderful, absolutely awesome actual experience with this very special company. We planned our destination wedding from Las Vegas for Maui back in 2007. We were married in February of 2008. We checked out all of the possible wedding cake companies on Maui and were drawn to Maui Wedding Cakes. We found Casey and Cheryl to be extremely helpful. We actually had thought we wanted a fondant and they encouraged us to consider the buttercream frosting instead. We flew over in November, 2007 and they made up several small cakes for us to sample. Their fillings were absolutely amazing and their cakes were moist and delicious. We ended up with a cake with alternating layers of white and chocolate. Our cake was suppose to feed 80 people and we only had 40 guests. The cake was so delicious the entire cake was completely consumed, including our top layer which was to be saved for our first anniversary. We called them and they said no problem, just give us a call and we will make you a new one next year. With the economy we weren't able to return until this coming February which will be our 5th Anniversary. We called them and they said they would be glad to make one up for us when we come. I can't possibly make a stronger recommendation for anyone needing a cake for any occasion in Maui to do themselves a favor and experience Maui Wedding Cakes. You will be so glad you did!

Sent on 12/18/2012

Kelly · Married on 02/22/2007

All I can say is YUM!!! The wedding cake I ordered online was awesome, beautiful and best of all tasted heavenily!! Maui wedding cakes arranged the delivery with the venue our reception was at (The Seawatch) and it was all taken care of. There website is great if you are planning a destination wedding, and don't worry about the cake not tasting great, because it is soooo good!

It was easy to order and service was excellent. Great place to get your wedding cake! Delicious!

Beacuse I used to live on Maui I wanted a traditional Hawaiian flavored cake, my favorite being lilikoi. Our cake had lilikoi (passion fruit) filling and a buttercream frosting covered in beautiful fresh plumeria flowers. (Lime Green icing bursting with yellow Plumerias).

Sent on 07/01/2008

jana · Married on 05/20/2006

Perfect cakes!

Sent on 03/09/2008

Adrienne · Married on 05/04/2006

Delicious and beautiful!

Sent on 08/06/2008

Adrien · Married on 07/29/2016

Cheryl is a master of cake. She is so talented, our cake was both delicious and gorgeous. My partner and I probably got in her way a little too much with different ideas for what to do, but through the entire process she was so professional and capable that it made working with her a pleasure.

Sent on 11/02/2016
  • W

Wayne · Married on 05/22/2014

I just wanted to write this review to let you know how much we loved our cake. First of all Sue & I just flipped over it. Then our guest thought that it was absolutely beautiful. But, all of that was just appearance, when we cut it up and everyone had a piece of it people were going back for seconds. The bottom of that cake yielded enough for 23 pieces. It was beautiful & delicious. The almond flavored cake with the pineapple filling was incredibly delicious. What more could we have asked for. You rock. Sue & I will tell everyone that asks us, about Maui Wedding Cakes.

Sent on 06/01/2014

They're the nicest people with the best food and great cake! They're too good for just weddings; you can hit them up for any kind of cake and even catering!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Traci · Married on 05/02/2014

The cake was beautiful! My only concern was it was on the sweeter side and couldn't eat a full piece yet usually I love sweets! Otherwise the company did an excellent job and know this cake was more expensive because it's a small business. Nice work on the cake overall!

Sent on 05/09/2014

Shannon · Married on 03/22/2014

Our venue coordinator worked to put together a tasting with Maui Wedding Cakes. We were very happy with all of their cake flavors everything was delicious. We decided on a size, flavors, and discussed designs with them. I think they captured what we wanted very well. The one thing I will say it go up in size. I kept explaining that this would be our only dessert and everyone in our group is a big cake eater so we would need more than normal, however when they sent the quote it did not reflect this so we had to adjust the size. We got the white cake with lilikoi and chocolate cake with chocolate truffle filling and buttercream frosting. Everything was so delicious and all of our guests raved about the cakes.

Sent on 08/14/2014

Akane · Married on 05/07/2011

Maui Wedding Cakes did a fabulous job with my wedding cake. We corresponded via email for the majority of the time but they were prompt with their responses and answered all of my questions. I was able to go to Maui for a tasting prior to my wedding and was amazed but their variety of flavors - they were all very good. As far as design, they matched my idea exactly for both the wedding & groom's cake except they forgot to place the wedding cake in an off-tiered fashion as I requested - that is the ONLY reason they did not make the 5/5 rating. In the end, the cake was beautiful and I could not have asked for more!

Sent on 09/09/2011

marc · Married on 07/09/2010

We showed a photo of a cake to Maui Wedding Cakes and in return she gave us exactly what we wanted. A beautiful cake with great flavor and taste. Everything was done on-line so we were taking a chance not being able to taste prior to the wedding but I can tell you it turned out to be great cake that everyone enjoyed. I was very happy with her service. I will try to post a photo so you can see how it turned out. The cost included a 20% mark-up from our wedding coordinator White Orchid Wedding. To avoid this charge simply order the cake yourself directly. We were very pleased with Maui Wedding Cakes

Sent on 07/18/2010