Maui Wedding Cakes Reviews

99 | Kihei, HI

99 Reviews for Maui Wedding Cakes

Lori · Married on 04/09/2015

Cheryl was very prompt with getting back to me when I was inquiring about their services. Our cake and cupcakes we ordered for our wedding exceeded our expectations, probably the best cake I have ever eaten, honestly!!! It was the perfect amount for our guests, and the small round cake was just what we needed for the traditional cut. It was equally as delicious as the cupcakes, filled with passion fruit filling. The round cake was also exactly what I ordered based on a picture from the their website. I was happy that I was able to order a variety of flavors for the cupcakes, of course had to try one of each!! I had a nice chat with Cheryl's husband and daughter upon returning the cake stand. Maui Wedding cakes is truly an awesome run family business!

Sent on 04/28/2015

We got our wedding cake through Maui Weddimg Cakes. The cake was beautiful! We couldn't be happier!!! Thanks Maui Weddimg Cakes!!

Sent on 04/30/2015

From Canada I easily arranged an order of six vegan mini bundt cakes for our wedding dinner at Merriman's. The response time from Maui Wedding Cakes was always super prompt and helpful with very little effort on my part. They told me that they would deliver them to the restaurant on the day we dined there and they would just be added to my final restaurant bill.

Based on the professional emails I received I had no doubt that the cakes would be there waiting at the end of our dinner although I did no follow up (no time) nor was any money exchanged beforehand.

The cakes were brought to us, arranged beautifully and were delicious. My family members were surprised and delighted since Maui restaurants are quite lacking in the vegan department, especially for desserts.

Sent on 01/08/2015

Lynn · Married on 12/05/2014

I was beyond thrilled with how our wedding cake turned out. It was beautiful & delicious! Everyone loved it (chocolate vanilla marble)! We had a small group for our wedding so it was not your traditional tiered cake, a single round tier, but elegant and beautiful touches like the purple orchids and designed to fit the toppers we provided. The 'Hidden Mickeys' in the icing were, well, the icing on the cake :) They were the part I was most looking forward to and you guys absolutely nailed it! Maui Wedding Cakes was also great at emailing back and forth to confirm every detail of our order, which is key with a destination wedding. Delivery to the restaurant for our reception dinner was smooth sailing as well.

Sent on 01/27/2015

Catherine · Married on 10/01/2014

Maui Wedding Cakes made a DELICIOUS cake for our wedding. Absolutely perfect- exactly as ordered. Our cake was already set beautifully at the restaurant when we came to dine after the wedding ceremony. My husband & I could not ask for a more wonderful cake to go with such a momentous day. Thanks!

Sent on 10/11/2014

We ordered cupcakes with a cake on top. The cake and the cupcakes were absolutely delicious! We had several flavored cupcakes and every single flavor was a hit with our guests. People even came over the next day to see if we had more! Everything was delivered to our reception on time as well. The owners were so great to work with!

AO

Sent on 10/17/2014

Christie · Married on 09/27/2014

We loved our cupcakes... we each ordered a favorite cupcake and filling to offer our guests.. Maui Wedding Cake accomodated the type of decorations we wanted. They were very responsive throughout our decision making process etc.. The cupcakes were moist and very good! We married September 27, 2014 at the Plantation House in Kapulua.

Sent on 12/22/2014

We hired Maui Wedding Cakes for our wedding on 09/05/14 and Cheryl was a pleasure to work with. We initially met her back in November 2013 when we traveled to Maui to look at our venue. We did a brief cake tasting with her and she packed A LOT of cake for us to take back with us. Throughout the wedding process, she was always responsive and flexible with changes we made to the cake (i.e. design, headcount, etc.). We only shopped around with a few other vendors and the value she offers is great. Not to mention how delicious the cake was! We ended up picking 2 flavors for our wedding cake - the banana cream and lilikoi. We were looking forward to having wedding cake on our wedding, but only got a bite as we were busy with pictures and entertaining our guests. Cake is so good we wished we had more!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Stacy · Married on 07/11/2014

Our wedding cake was beautiful and tasted amazing!!! :)

Sent on 07/20/2014

I arranged my wedding from Australia to be in Maui and Cheryl was always quick and attentive with emails to me. Her cake and cupcakes were out of this world too, I would recommend them to anyone having a special event in Maui.

Sent on 07/03/2014
  • User4132090 · 2+ years ago

We loved our cake and it was exactly what we asked for. Seamless and easy process! Thank you!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Brian · Married on 05/16/2014

Just got back from our elopement in Maui. Since we had such a small party (just the two of us), I asked Cheryl to make us one of her miniature two-tiered cakes with Plumeria flowers. It was a stunningly beautiful cake and tasted delicious. We couldn't have been more pleased with the result. Pickup was nice and easy and Cheryl had the cake waiting and ready to go at the arranged time. It was a very nice surprise to my bride that we could have our own little wedding cake on our special day.

Sent on 05/29/2014
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 04/05/2014

Working with Cheryl could not have been a more pleasant experience! We were married in Maui and live in CA, so doing a cake tasting before our wedding was not an option. However, we had nothing to worry about! I could not have been more pleased when we saw our wedding cake! It was exactly what we wanted and tasted DELICIOUS!! I would recommend Cheryl and Maui Wedding Cakes to anyone getting married on Maui!

Sent on 04/25/2014

This was the best wedding cake we have ever tasted. It looked beautiful and was amazing!! We had a custom 4”+6”+8” Ivory square 3-tier vanilla cake with vanilla whipped cream custard and Lilikoi rolled fondant, Pearl beading and scrollwork on each tier with fresh White Cymbidium Orchid on top of 3rd tier. FABULOUS!

Sent on 02/25/2014
  • ItsGoodToBeKing

Dana · Married on 02/14/2014

Absolutely beautiful for our Valentineʻs Day wedding! Could not have asked for anything more. It was professionally delivered and set up, and they even give you an anniversary sample to share so you donʻt have to save the top. I refer everyone I know to Maui Wedding Cakes.

Sent on 09/11/2014

Anna · Married on 11/12/2013

My cake was amazing! Cheryl is very attentive and creative! my cake turned out great. The tasting was easy and the cakes were exactly what I wanted. The prices are very reasonable and they know how to work with outdoor receptions. We had three different flavored tiers and the hardest part was deciding on the flavors since they have such a great selection. I would definitely recommend anyone looking for a great wedding cake.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Jeanett · Married on 10/01/2013

If you want top quality and top service, we can only recommend Maui Wedding Cakes Inc., Kihei, Maui. We placed our order from Denmark to be delivered to a restaurant (Sarento's on the Beach) and everything was so uncomplicated from ordering, payment to delivery. The cake was so beautiful and well-tasting.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Our wedding cake from Maui Wedding Cake was AMAZING and had a beach wedding theme! The cake was ordered through my coordinator and the vendor was very responsive and helped offer recommendations to her based on my needs.

Thanks for the delicious cake!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Tiffany · Married on 07/11/2013

SO Scrumptious! Our cake was gorgeous and tasty! Cheryl was so easy to work with and I live in Ohio! Through email she was able to create our cake from a picture! Flavors were so light and refreshing!

Sent on 07/12/2013

Our wedding coordinator is the one who dealt with Maui Wedding Cakes directly, so I can't speak to how their customer service is. We had 3 different flavor cupcakes for our wedding. All delicious and enjoyed by everyone. Cake was very moist and leftovers the next day were delicious as well. I didn't go for anything fancy, and just went for plain white toppings which looked fine to me.

Sent on 06/15/2013

Michele · Married on 04/13/2013

The cake that Maui Wedding Cakes created for our wedding was PERFECT!!!!

I basically sent them a photo and told them the colors I wanted to use. From there they created our wedding cake. We got lots of compliments on how beautiful it was.

Lots of our guests also enjoyed the taste of it.

I would highly recommend them as a cake vendor to anyone that wants a beautiful and delicious cake at their wedding.

Sent on 06/04/2013

My husband and I went to an interesting looking house for our cake tasting as soon as we got to the island. I was a bit disappointed with the cake tasting but our wedding was in a week so we didn't really have time to find a new baker. The cake was dry and kind of bland. Maui Wedding Cakes really redeemed themselves on the wedding day. The design was exactly what we wanted and it tasted amazing. All our wedding guest were really impressed with the buttercream frosting and lilikoi filling. We ate our cake topper on our last night in Maui and it was still good a week after the wedding. :)

Sent on 04/14/2013

Sophia · Married on 04/01/2013

My cake was amazing! It looked and tasted better than I could imagine!

Sent on 12/01/2013

My cake was physically very tiny, but HUGE in every other way. Maui Wedding Cakes not only made it exactly like the picture, but managed to cram in an extra delivery at the very last minute (I requested it at the last minute) to keep me from being stressed out.

The taste (I had white cake with passion fruit filling) was out of this world. Their fondant even tastes better than regular fondant. The live flowers that they topped the cake with were delicious. Their efforts went a long way toward making my big day special.

Sent on 02/05/2013

chris · Married on 06/14/2012

Great vendor all around! Great tasting cake and pretty good price considering how popular they are! Very flexible as well with the decoration and flavors!

Sent on 06/20/2012