Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

30 Reviews for Mauch Chunk Ballroom

House Beer (1)
Liquor License (1)
House Liquor (1)
25 Mauch Chunk Ballroom Reviews

Tread lightly... Use your own vendors as often as possible, if you're set on having your wedding here.

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/27/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Shuttle, Chair Covers, Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up

Tara has been exceedingly helpful; the location is gorgeous! We could not be happier!

Profile Picture User5141723, Recently Married, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved my venue, the esthetics were beautiful and the space was fabulous. The wedding coordinator was very accommodating but was hard to get ahold of sometimes. The only other issue we had was with parking. But My guests had a great time and that's all that mattered at the end of the day.

Profile Picture User6340033, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful facility. Food was very good.

Profile Picture User6095679, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Bartender(s), Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Tables, Shuttle

Tara and her staff were My wife and I met with her a little over a year before our wedding and can honestly say that she made out hopes and dreams a reality over the next 14 months. Everything we had imagined came to life on our special day with minimal work on our part. She helped us every step of the way, from helping us select vendors to coordinating with first time vendors for the day of. There was not a thing we wanted that couldn't be done.

I warn you all, if you choose to work with Tarah, be prepared for a very skilled, outspoken, and somehow very relaxed individual. She gave me insight when I needed it and helped me hold strong to things I really wanted. She will stand up to your family when needed and make sure that you get the very best day that you and your partner deserve. If I could give her 10 stars I would.

The venue itself is so amazingly unique. It is historic, beautiful, centrally located and has the perfect small town charm. Not only will you get a great venue and planner, but you will get great photos and memories too. Only downfall is parking, but Tarah even has a solution for that!

Feel free to check out our wedding on their blog here:

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 12/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Bartender(s), Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Chair Covers, Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Shuttle, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Tara did a fantastic job with my sons wedding. The Mauch Chunk Ballroom was a very nice venue.

Profile Picture Jay, 11/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Indoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Parking, Shuttle, Event Planning, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Chairs, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

The Mauch Chunk ballroom knocks it out of the park. Our reception was held there Nov. 14th 2015. People have not stopped calling me and commenting on Facebook what a wonderful venue it was. Tara was an amazing planner and organized our off-site ceremony and reception as well as the the caterer and cake. You could not and will not find a place or a person better able to make your special day a memory that will last a lifetime. I could go on and on forever. But Tara had all the details covered and our day was PERFECT! Trust me. If you looking to have a wedding in a beautiful, affordable, stress free setting and great food, Tara and the Mauch Chunk Ballroom is the place. The pictures say it all.

Profile Picture Robert, 11/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Shuttle, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Indoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, Liquor License, Open Bar

The Mauch Chunk Ballroom was an amazingly beautiful, perfect setting for our ceremony and reception. The town was adorable and the surroundings were incredible. Our wedding guests hiked the Glen Onoko falls and explored the town by day and had a fantastic experience by night. It was in fact an experience and Tara made it all possible. Amidst any doubts or concerns leading up to the wedding, everything was flawless and on point on our special day. I don't think we could have imagined a more perfect day. Any stress I had was gone the second I walked into the ballroom, and it stayed that way all night long. Tara was attentive to every detail and it blew me away. Thank you for the best day of our lives!

Profile Picture Maggie, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Tara planned my sister's wedding 4 years ago and this year she planned mine. Everything turned out beautifully and my husband and I could not be happier.

Profile Picture Harlee, 5/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Wedding Planning

The shuttle to pick up from cars to the event was not reliable. Guests had to walk

Profile Picture User4665084, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We chose to have our wedding at the Mauch Chunk Ballroom, not only because it is a beautiful setting, but also because we knew we could trust Tara to help bring our vision to life. Throughout the whole wedding planning process, Tara was very responsive and flexible with us. It was very convenient to have a "one-stop shop" - with the catering and cake included, plus Tara's recommendations for all the other vendors - but the Ballroom was in no way a "cookie-cutter" wedding factory. Tara gave us individual attention and customization. She worked with us to help plan our menu, coordinate our florist services, find our officiant, and plan our sparkler send-off for the end of the reception. We were able to bring in our own photographer and purchase our own alcohol, which helped keep costs down. Overall, Tara's services at the Ballroom are a perfect mix of convenience, professionalism and customized attention.

Profile Picture Kelly, 11/1/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Timeliness of answers to questions could be improved but the quality of service we received that night was excellent. Easy to work with and flexible.

Profile Picture User4686727, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue in a picturesque location. We found it perfectly fitting for our fall wedding. Our guests loved it too! Options for catering suited our needs on a budget, food was great. Cake was delicious!

Profile Picture Cheryl, 10/17/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I really enjoyed working with Tara and her crew at the Mauch Chunk Ballroom. There were two key factors that really stood out for me with Tara. First and foremost, she was responsive and extremely helpful throughout the process. I often e-mailed her and usually had a response by the following morning or afternoon (I'm a late night e-mailer). And like so many people, this was my first (and hopefully my only!) wedding so I had question upon question. Tara always answered my questions thoroughly and even came back with suggestions. Loved that. I did not hire any vendors that I would have to chase around; that is the very last thing you want to worry about for your wedding. The other thing that I loved about Tara is that I did not have to worry about ANYTHING the day of the wedding. I had a blast and she took care of everything, thought about things that I hadn't thought about, and was totally prepared to handle them. And I have to say, everything went perfectly for the wedding. She really took care of us.

Profile Picture User4441935, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The ballroom was very beautiful. The staff very helpful. The only thing the guests complained about was the parking arrangements and the food. We asked for roast beef and chicken cacciatore. And received the chicken and turkey with no gravy (got to choose one of two birds). Was not compensated for the mess up. The parking lot was full for some of the guests and if you wanted to leave early or after the shuttle bus was done its tour, you had a far walk to the parking lot. However the vendor was very helpful and responded to questions very quickly either by email or phone. Overall the hall was great and everyone had a great time.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Mike, 8/2/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Tara did a great job helping us organize our special day! The venue is beautiful by itself, but Tara went above and beyond to help us add the finishing touches to achieve our romantic vintage theme. The food was fantastic and catering/drink packages are flexible and customizable. Both our ceremony and reception were in the same location, and the room was beautiful and accommodating for both. I would recommend the Mauch Chunk Ballroom to future brides & grooms. Beautiful venue, beautiful town.

Profile Picture Juliette, 7/12/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My service from Tara came in two parts: the ballroom and her planning. The ballroom was an absolutely fabulous venue. It is very unique, in a beautiful town, and a great size for hosting a wedding or event. The wooden floors and stage are perfect for dancing, and the lovely painted walls are a nice feature. The chandeliers are also extremely elegant. If you want to surprise guests with a romantic or elegant evening, this is the place!
The service was also excellent. Tara is a great networker, which meant she was able to offer suggestions and recommendations for different services for the wedding. She even coordinated the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, which was at a venue owned by some folks down the road from the ballroom. She was available throughout the entire process of planning the wedding, and though I didn't utilize her for every aspect of the wedding, she was willing to do much more than I expected. Especially when it came to set up and tear down, Tara went above and beyond what I predicted her to help with. She would have done the entire set up if I had wanted!
Finally, my husband and I were very conscious of the money we were spending along the way, and Tara's fees were by far the best price for the level of quality that she offered in our area (within 45 min of Allentown, PA area). This allowed us to spend the money on dressing up the ballroom even further, and she was happy to help with suggestions.
The only small thing that caused some hiccups was during the ceremony and rehearsal. We planned a fairly traditional Protestant ceremony, and Tara seemed unfamiliar with the type of ceremony. However, between her recommendations and the recommendations of my pastor, we worked it out to be exactly how I wanted it.
Overall, my husband and I would highly recommend Tara and her services!

Profile Picture User4288875, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Tara helped me with the Rehearsal Dinner for our son's wedding. She was able to negotiate the location, and provided the staff to manage the dinner. She coordinated the caterer and the bartenders. She also was able to pick up the wine we ordered for the wedding reception. She has a great knowledge of the local venues, facilities and people to coordinate a wedding function! I am happy to recommend her to you!

Profile Picture Katherine, 6/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We loved everything about our Wedding day! Tara was extremely helpful and organized! I have already been recommending people to go through her and will continue for years to come! I would do it all over again and have her by outside again. She was so kind and knew what to say in moments of panic. She was so attentive and understanding. She became a friend in my opinion. Thank you so much for everything! Our day was enchanting with your help!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Tara, it was a pleasure working with you through the course of our wedding planning!! I highly value working with someone as down-to-earth as you are, and who was flexible in arranging meeting times over the course of the past few months. You transformed the Ballroom into my vision!! I've heard nothing but wonderful things from my guests! I like the idea of saving the cake for a later, but I think it was a lttle too late....guests were already beginning to leave by the time cake was cut & served. Your staff was incredibly friendly as well. The food was excellent....and again, I've heard the same feedback from guests. My only complaint working with the caterer through your venue was the difficulty I had getting in touch with someone from the restaurant and getting a response back. Stephanie Shay from Icing on the Cake was incredible!! Very pleasant and friendly...she welcomed us into her home for some yummy tasting! The cake looked amazing and was probably one of the best tasting wedding cakes I've ever had!!!! All around, this has been an incredibly positive experience!! I'm sad to see our day has come and gone so quickly...I'm ready to do it again!

Profile Picture Megan, 4/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

The Mauch Chunk Ballroom was a great place to have our wedding. The ballroom really set the tone for our wedding and worked well with our Winter Rustic theme. Tara was very accommodating and always made sure our needs were met. I am sad our wedding is over...I would relive that day over and over again if I could.

Profile Picture Shannon, 12/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Mauch Chunk Ballroom is a beautiful wedding venue in the historic and charming town of Jim Thorpe. I really enjoyed being able to have the ceremony and reception at the same place. Tara and her staff were very friendly and accommodating. They truly appeared to enjoy being a part of our special day.

The only room for improvement that I could see is that the staff should not plate salads at the bridal party table during speeches and the shuttle needs to be easier to identify as the wedding shuttle. Neither of these things were an issue for us, but I know that it could be an issue for others. These are two things that can be easily addressed and improved. I'm sure Tara will make the necessary changes for future weddings.

Profile Picture Wendy , 10/19/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very flexible and able to assist us through phone and email. We were not local to the area.

Profile Picture Joshua, 10/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The Mauch Chunk Ballroom is a gorgeous venue with historic charm and grace. We also enjoyed the flexibility that the Ballroom offers in terms of choosing your own catering and bar list. (We had an amazing meal from a local, organic farm called 14 Acre Farm!) Tara was an accessible, amiable and thoughtful wedding planner with amazing listening skills. With our choice of the Ballroom as our wedding venue, we enjoyed knowing that we were supporting a cultural treasure, and an independent business woman. Thank you to Tara and her staff for throwing an amazing party! All our guests have been raving about how much fun they had!

Profile Picture Regan, 8/3/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I can honestly say we had the best wedding ever! Tara the wedding planner was great from the moment we first met her until a week after our wedding as well. I'm so happy we chose The Mauch Chunk Ballroom for our big day. My husband Tom and I will have great stories to tell about it forever! A+ place

Profile Picture Heather & Tom, 9/21/12, 1 Review