Matthew's Catering Company Reviews

Matthew's Catering Company 7

Kathleen · Married on 05/08/2010

3.4
      3.0

The food was delicious and abundant. All the guests commented on the beautiful displays during the cocktail hour and the delicious food served at dinner. They are slightly disorganized with faulty email systems and they don't always respond in a timely manner. I dealt with about 3 different people, so I was never sure who I was emailing or hearing from. All in all, they provided a fantastic service for the price, but if you are slightly higher strung and want a smooth operation without wrinkles or worries, you might look elsewhere.

Sent on 05/31/2010

Jen · Married on 05/01/2009

2.6
      2.0

The food was excellent! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/18/2011

Melissa · Married on 10/16/2010

1.8
      1.0
      0.5

Starting out with Matthew's Catering was delightful. They responded to my inquiry almost immediately and worked with me frequently and sometimes daily to design my wedding menu however as I should have guessed it was too good to be true. The day of our tasting, my fiance at the time and I were blown away. Both the presentation and execution were wonderful but when it mattered most, the day of our wedding, everything lacked. I feel we were promised things that didn't turn out. The displays were tacky designed with silk flowers that were dusty. Almost all of the dishes were disappointing either missing small ingredients or served poorly cooked. For example, the peanut Thai chicken skewers were garnished with scallions the day of our tasting and were served tender and dressed in peanut Thai sauce. The day of the wedding the chicken was dry and sparsely glazed with peanut Thai sauce and missing that bite of scallion flavor.
    Perhaps what upset us the most was the professional performance during the reception. There were a few very awkward moments when our guests as well us could hear someone yelling from the kitchen and things being thrown around. To say the least my husband and I were mortified.
    Please consider my experience when considering Matthew's Catering Company!

Sent on 06/17/2011