179 Reviews for The Matt Stedman Band & Ring Of Music Orchestra

Liability Insurance (4)
Willing to Travel (4)
Rehearsal Dinner (2)
Gobo Projector (1)

Really enjoyed having ROM play at our reception and received compliments from guests. The dance floor was packed the whole night!

Profile Picture aubrey, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Wedding Planning

Matt was an absolute pleasure to work with from day 1! He was attentive and made all the music planning easy and stress free. Everyone was on the dance floor all night! I would highly recommend booking Matt Stedman Band & Ring of Music for your wedding!

Profile Picture Clare, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Wedding Planning

Amazing band! Matt and his team exceeded our expectations! We got so many compliments about them! This IS THE BAND THAT YOU WANT! Very professional and the rocked our wedding! Everyone danced and loved them!

Profile Picture Tim , 5/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Wedding Planning

The Matt Steadman Band was amazing and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for a band! Throughout the entire planning process and during the reception, Matt was so much fun to work with and made sure the day was flawless. Matt was able to answer all my questions and help plan the reception so everything flowed smoothly. He even came up to me a few times during the reception to make sure I was happy and was very accommodating with any last minute changes. The band was professional, full of energy and made our reception a blast - the dance floor was never empty and I'm still thinking about their rendition of Proud Mary! Their song selection was perfect and I really felt they understood what I wanted. Overall, we had an amazing experience with The Matt Stedman Band & Ring Of Music Orchestra and our wedding was so much fun because of them!

Profile Picture Daniella, 1/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Wedding Planning

Amazing....absolutely amazing. You NEED the Matt Stedman Band at your next event. They have unbelievable talent, organization and I guarantee your dance floor will be filled! We owe the success of our party to the MSB! Thank you, Matt, for everything your group did for us, and for your integrity as a company!

Profile Picture Elena, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Wedding Planning

Matt and co are the best! The nonstop super fun music is what made the wedding. Great musicians and so much fun to dance to! Additionally, our venue was so disorganized and the venue wedding planner went MIA- Matt diligently collected all pertinent reception info, creating a detailed schedule, and essentially kept the wedding moving, saving it from a disastrous ending. Matt, my family and I cannot thank you enough for making my sister and brother in law’s evening so wonderful!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Wedding Planning

Personable, professional, and extremely talented... Matt and his band are where it's at. My husband and I were keen on hiring a live band for our wedding (this fall at Salvage One)... so we started with the knot, saw the rave reviews, dropped an email and heard back the very next day. Matt guided us through the process seamlessly, taking special time to get the timeline right, pronunciations of names spot-on, and ensure no stone was left unturned. Matt Stedman Band and Ring of Music Orchestra were the very first vendor we hired and I am so glad we did. They really helped us understand how all the moving pieces would intersect and most importantly, they provided the ultimate in entertainment and live songs for ourselves and our guests. We had a blast... they nailed every song requested (even learning some new jams). They play such a diverse array of music and genre's! Our night included everything from beautiful acoustic sets during the ceremony to ACDC and Swing during the reception... to Polka (with my grandpa jamming with the band on his accordion). Special thanks to Matt for connecting with my grandpa in advance and helping make our night one we will never forget. Sidenote to the brides out there... I'm glad I brought sneakers to change into because the dance floor was where it was at. Cheers to all you do, Matt and Team! Rock on.

Profile Picture Erin, 11/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Matt and the Band were unbelievable and made our wedding.! From the pre-planning months in advance to wedding day, to post-wedding followup, Matt was constantly involved.

Not only was Matt always available via email and cell (sending emails at 1:30am some days!), but he was also in tune with what we were looking for, while providing his expertise on music, the flow of the cocktail hour and reception (which was VERY helpful), and timing.

The night of the wedding, everything was executed flawlessly. Matt and the band arrived early with plenty of time to set up and ensure things were ready. Matt was also great with keeping us and the wedding party on track, and made sure that we had plenty of dancing time after dinner.

Finally, speaking of dancing, the band was insane (in a good way)! They were fun, energetic, kept a good pace of fast vs. slow music, read the audience really well, and made sure we all had a great time.

We would recommend Matt Steadman Band & Ring of Music Orchestra to anyone looking to get married - you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Paul, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

The absolute best band!!!! Great to work with and incredibly talented musicians. They had the whole room up on their feet and dancing the entire night, what more can you ask for?!

Profile Picture Rachel , 9/23/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Wedding Planning

Matt Stedman & his team were wonderful to work with. Truly a group of professional, accommodating, clear, organized and extremely kind people. I planned/organized my entire wedding ( which sounds easier than it is ) and Matt & his team made the entertainment not only memorable but made the booking process, song choices, and timeline so easy it wasn't a burden nor stress. There were no surprises on the day of (unless approved of course!) You won't regret having them be a part of your big day & your loved ones won't stop talking about how wonderful your reception was!

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

Amazing band! Great up front coordination, asked all of the right questions, very professional, and most importantly a great band! Every guest loved the music and felt like they were at a live concert. High energy, great quality, and totally made our wedding. Would highly highly recommend this band!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

Matt Stedmand Band & Ring of Music performed at our wedding in July, and all I can say is HIRE THEM AS YOUR WEDDING OR CORPORATE EVENT BAND - you will be so happy you did! I am in the event planning industry so I have a lot of experience with different vendors and Matt Stedman is seriously top-notch at what he does. He was so awesome at being in communication with us throughout the entire process, he was so flexible about timing and meeting us out in the city, and he is just so nice! He wrote our day-of timeline for us, and asked us questions we otherwise never would have thought of. I seriously don't know what we would have done without their help in the day-of planning. And when it came to the wedding day and the band's performance - we were all blown away!!! My husband & I are very into music and our wedding band was very important to us and Matt Stedman Band & ROM exceeded our expectations. They had everyone on the dance floor (including my grandma!) all night long! We are still receiving compliments about the band - and so many of my friends who are getting married are inquiring about them!

Profile Picture Brooke, 7/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

One of the things I will remember most about our wedding is that everyone was dancing - the entire night! Matt and his band are incredible and guests could not stop saying how amazing they thought the music was throughout the entire cocktail hour and reception. Our wedding would not have been the same without Matt's unbelievable musicians, singers and professionalism. Not only did I feel great from the very beginning since Matt was extremely familiar with our venue (City Winery) and the lead coordinator from the venue, but Matt seemed to understand immediately the mix of music we wanted and exactly how we wanted our wedding to unfold. From coordinating with our day-of coordinator and reception venue, to having extremely thorough conversations with us, Matt knew just how to make our wedding stress-free and fun for everyone. Even a few days before, Matt texted me to ask my thoughts on a few songs last minute and also took my thoughts and opinions with extreme thoughtfulness and care. That same care showed on our wedding day when Matt came up and introduced himself to my new husband and I, letting us know that if we had any last minute music asks he'd do whatever he could to accommodate them that evening (which he did for a few songs during the DJ portion of our evening). I would recommend Matt and his crew to anyone looking for a band that fills up the dance floor for the entire night, can really play their instruments, sing and are just overall wonderful and professional people to work with.

Profile Picture Kara, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

We hired Ring of Music for our wedding on June 3rd, 2017, and they gave us the greatest gift a bride and groom could ask for – A FULL DANCE FLOOR ALL NIGHT LONG! Having a band was a priority for my husband and I while we were planning our wedding. We knew that having band would leave a lasting impression of our special day.
Matt worked with us from the beginning to the end of our wedding planning process. He explained that Ring of Music has a wide collection of music artists – many of whom have received awards for their talents! He coordinated every minute of our reception to meet our needs and wants for the day. He was available via phone and email for any questions we had leading up to our day. Ring of Music has an extensive set list and offer you the opportunity to tell them what you do and do not like in terms of music. I should note that Matt will only be at your specific event if you pay to have a fiddle/harmonica player. We did pay to have him as the 6th piece of the band we were hiring because we wanted to have country and Celtic music within our set list. He is a very talented musician and a wonderful man to work with.
Every moment of our reception was perfectly timed thanks to Ring of Music’s expertise. We cannot say enough good things about our experiences with Matt and Ring of Music. They are incredible! The artists that performed at our wedding were all extremely talented. Our guests are still talking about how awesome the band was and how much fun they had dancing at our wedding. Our dance floor was full all night and we were overjoyed with how the entire night unfolded.
If you hire Ring of Music, you will undoubtedly have a wonderful event. It was the best decision we could have made for our wedding day planning. THANK YOU RING OF MUSIC OF MAKING OUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER EVEN HAPPIER!

Profile Picture Katey, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Matt Stedman and team are the MOST AMAZING musicians and people. Working with Matt was so easy and fun-you won't find a more kind and down to earth person. He covered every detail of our wedding and made sure that it flowed according to plan. We had so many difficult to pronounce Polish names, and he put in the time and effort to learn each and every one so it was flawless. He and his team are EXTRAORDINARY!!! They exceeded all of our expectations and just made the whole event so much fun! They really are the full package and made our ceremony and reception better than we ever could have imagined. THANK YOU!!!

Profile Picture E, 5/13/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

We loooooved working with Matt for our wedding. He was so professional, easy to get in touch with, sincere and kind. He helped us with some day of coordination, too. And our guests all raved about how amazing the music was!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

We chose to have our wedding in a music venue, so we knew from the start we wanted to work with a live band for our ceremony and reception. After researching several bands in the Chicagoland area, the Matt Stedman Band stood out to us because of their great reviews. Learning that an old college friend who is a great performer was in the band gave us faith in the caliber of their talent, too. Working with Matt prior to the wedding was a breeze; he provided us with a blueprint of the details we needed to think about for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We asked our guests for song recommendations on their RSVP cards, and the band was able to incorporate many of these into the day as well. On the day of the wedding, the Matt Stedman Band was flexible when we ran a bit behind schedule, provided beautiful accompaniment for our ceremony on the venue stage, and they were certainly the highlight of the night for our guests. Everyone raved about their performance and we had so many friends and family asking more about them even after the night was over. They truly made our wedding day everything we hoped it would be!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 3/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

My wife and I did an extensive research on wedding bands around Chicago. Matt Stedman Band stood out to us because of their sound quality, versatility in different song genres, professionalism, extensive knowledge in the industry and also Matt's ability to do day of coordination. Matt was SUPER easy to work with. Also, they don't charge a ridiculous price. My mother in law at the time had doubts at first because we weren't able to see the band performs live. She was worried that this big wedding (230 guests) might have a lame dance atmosphere at the reception. But once the big day came, we were all blown away by their performance. My mother in law received heaps of compliments from her friends and she had a lot of fun dancing too. We highly recommend having Matt as your Day of Coordinator as he was the perfect point person and his timing as an MC is impeccable. To this day we still receive compliments from our guests for the awesome music at the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.

Profile Picture Denny, 3/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

Normally, I wouldn't give 5/5 stars on everything.. but honestly, this was just an incredible performance.

Choosing a band was much harder than I thought until I had my first conversation with Matt Stedman. HIs sincerity and knowledge of not only the music industry but the wedding industry in general just blew us away. Needless to say, it was an easy decision based on our extensive conversations and their stellar demos on their webpage.

Leading up to the big day, Matt kept on top of us, checking in appropriately, making sure, to the last detail, that everything was the way we wanted it (checklists, checking in with vendors, coordinating with our hotel's in-house wedding planner).

The big day came and went in a flash but what everyone was talking about was how great the band was. We had a nine piece band but I feel confident it would have sounded just as good with 5 or 6. Matt and his crew are PROFESSIONALS. From our ceremony, which was beautiful played by Matt (violin) and crew (guitar) to our first dance (Belted by their phenomenal female vocalists) , and throughout the entire reception and beyond, they were incredible, flawless and professional.

Don't shop around if you are looking for a wedding band. Matt and his band are it.

Profile Picture Benjamin, 11/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

In early 2016, we evaluated some highly rated bands on The Knot by reading others’ reviews and ultimately whittled the list down to just a few – including the Matt Stedman Band. From our first consultation, it was clear that Matt is the consummate professional. I mean this guy knows the ins-and-outs of what a wedding should be about: getting the mass audience, from the shy cousin to the rowdy uncle, out on the dance floor.

Prior to the actual event in November 2016, we had more conversations with Matt about the logistics for the day and what musical accompaniments we were thinking about. He always provided us his expert opinion with examples on what he has seen work (and not work). And let me tell you…he was right every time.

Feel free to read the other reviews and do your homework on other bands out there, but you won’t regret having Matt and his motley band of musicians play at your special event!

Profile Picture User7610344, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

MSB played at our wedding October 22, 2016 and was amazing! My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Matt Stedman. He was so easy to work with, fun, and knowledgable. Matt took care of all the details so we could just relax and enjoy our reception. Our biggest request was to keep the dance floor packed all night long. They did just that, and more! The instruments, vocalists, and quality of music were top notch. Our guests are still raving about how awesome the band was! If you are looking for an incredible band who knows how to entertain and have fun, MSB is it!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

We have nothing but good things to say about the Matt Stedman Band. Our dance floor was filled the entire night! They were amazing and so worth it! Highly recommend them!

Profile Picture User6172861, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

The Matt Stedman Band & Ring of Music Orchestra performed at our wedding on October 8, 2016 in Chicago, IL. The whole process from booking, preparing and finally the performance was a great one. When I called to ask some details of Matt and the band he was very engaging, open and honest about what it is that he likes to do and how exactly he can best meet our needs/wants for our event. My husband and I were pretty open to anything for the reception and basically let Matt use his expertise to design what would work best for our crowd, space and the band. Matt took the time out of his day to really get to know us to get a better feel of our personalities and musical interests. The band's performance for our wedding lasted for 7 hours including the cocktail hour. It all went better than either my husband or I ever expected! When you walked into the venue all of our guests were greeted with the beautiful sounds of a guitar playing (Matt's idea). It was the perfect sound level of what is appropriate for a cocktail hour. The lead singer of the band also served as our MC for the reception and she did a marvelous job with pronouncing everyone's names for introductions, special dances, etc. All night long the dance floor was packed! Our wedding had a variety of ages from 2-86 and everyone was either dancing or enjoying hearing the band play. It was a great night and a wonderful overall experience all thanks to Matt and the band!!

Profile Picture Grace, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

I booked Matt and the group for my wedding. I had the best time. Matt is so very helpful and is very engaging. I could not recommend this band enough! Their catalog of music is amazing. When they perform...they get the whole crowd going! Ours was a same sex marriage and we wanted to make sure the band played music that was inclusive...and they did. I danced all night!!! The dance floor was never empty. Book them and book them now! You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture James, 10/1/16, 1 Review