Matt Ramos Photography Reviews

100 | Schenectady, NY

100 Reviews for Matt Ramos Photography

We could not have asked for a better photographer for our wedding day! Matt was so personable and professional and took absolutely fantastic photos. Our wedding party and family loved him - he made everyone feel so comfortable throughout the day. And, he stayed calm despite complicating factors like rain during our first look. Leading up to the wedding, he was very responsive and thorough whenever we had questions. And, he was proactive in guiding us through decisions while also making sure we would be getting the photos we envisioned/ dreamed of for our day. When we received the photos (thankfully shortly after our wedding), we were blown away - he perfectly captured the emotion and magic of the day.

Sent on 01/02/2014

Matt Ramos is a talented and professional photographer. We were thrilled with all of our wedding pictures. He has a great sense of what backgrounds look good in pictures. He picked the perfect spots in my parents yard for my bridesmaid pictures. I never would have even noticed the area he chose for our pictures, but it was perfect. My dad is a wedding photographer and he knows who is the best in the business and since he had to walk me down the aisle he knew we had to have Matt Ramos as our photographer. We couldn't be happier with our pictures.

Sent on 08/27/2013

Amy · Married on 05/18/2013

‘Blog stalker’ is what a lot of brides turn into when they get engaged. This is when you constantly look at, admire, and frankly, ‘stalk’ a photographers blog on their website. The one blog I couldn’t stay off was Matt Ramos’s blog. His photography is absolutely breathtaking. All we wanted was for him to be our photographer. In fact, as soon as we picked a wedding date, we went right to Matt so see if he had our day available…which (thankfully) he did, as we booked him nearly 2 years in advance. That’s how good he is!

Even though our package did not include engagement photos, we chose to do them anyway; and we were so happy we did. It gave us a chance to see how Matt works, let us start to feel comfortable in front of the camera, and know what to expect on our wedding day. Matt was so fun, relaxed, and professional. It was like working with an old friend. We absolutely LOVED the photos and couldn’t wait for the wedding day. When it finally came, our wedding photos were flawless. He has such sophisticated and refined taste, and knows exactly what will and won’t work. He takes risks in his photos and they pay off. He is definitely on the ‘cutting edge’ with his art.

We cannot say enough nice things about Matt. As a professional, he was extremely responsive to all our calls, and emails; and his flexibility / willingness to work within our budget was fantastic. He really was so wonderful to work with, and we cannot wait to use him again when we expand our family some day. Thanks, Matt!!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Stephanie and Matt · Married on 05/17/2013

Matt and his team have been amazing throughout our entire planning process! From our Engagement Photos to our Wedding Photos, Matt’s work was beyond expectations. The quality of his images is flawless. Matt has been accessible and responsive any time we have needed advice or help and was always honest and professional. We received the proofs of our Wedding Photos this week and we cannot stop looking at them! Each time we look at them we feel as though we are reliving our wedding day through his photos; which captured the feelings and emotions of the day. Not only did Matt capture heartfelt moments between my Husband and I, but candid moments of our guests that might have gone unnoticed and otherwise passed us by. Matt is a true professional and FABULOUS at what he does. We would HIGHLY recommend Matt to any Bride and Groom looking for a great photographer for their wedding day. Thanks again Matt for everything you have done for us throughout this entire process!
    -Stephanie and Matt

Sent on 06/03/2013

Lindsay · Married on 04/13/2013

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. Matt and his team were amazing to work with for the entire planning process and the day of the wedding. He was so easy going and fun to have as part of our special day.

Sent on 04/15/2013

Christine · Married on 03/02/2013

To say that Matt came to our rescue is an understatement! Its was every bride’s worst nightmare, a few days before my wedding my photographer called to tell me that due to situations beyond their control they would not be able to shoot our wedding but in the same breath said I was able to find someone to take my spot. The first thought that went through my head was that I was getting someone who wasn’t that good given all of the good photographers had to be booked. My photographer assured me that Matt was the best around and that I was in good hands. I trusted her but was still a bit hesitant. 5 mins later my phone rang and it was Matt, the minute he started talking, I realized that everything was all going to be ok! Matt, knowing what I must have been feeling, was so professional and caring that all of my fears disappeared. The day of my wedding when I met him for the first time, I knew that it was by the grace of god that this man wasn’t booked the day of my wedding. Our pictures are AMAZING and knowing how Matt stepped up and came through for us and for our original photographer, show his true character, he is one of a kind and we are so lucky to have had the chance to work with him!

Sent on 11/14/2013
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 11/17/2012

I cannot say enough good things, or strongly recommend Matt Ramos as a photographer. His talent and ability to aesthetically capture a series of “moments” with varying emotions and beauty is undeniable. Not only do the subjects of his photos look great, but the layout of his shots are a thing of beauty.

When my husband and I were first engaged and discussing our initial wedding budget, we discussed which areas made the most sense to financially emphasize. One of the best decisions we made was splurging on photography. The value that Matt and his associates bring to the table is huge, and I cannot strongly recommend his services.

At our initial meeting with Matt he took the time to discuss important details for the big day. From there, we met with Matt and his associate John Michael to do our engagement shoot. I would highly recommend this to every engaged couple. Not only did the pictures come out amazing, but this was a great opportunity to work with Matt and get used to being photographed. This shoot helped my husband and I get more comfortable “in our own skin”. The pictures were amazing, we have them displayed, and on top of that it was a fantastic “pre-wedding” romantic date.

When it came down to our wedding day, Matt and John Michael were incredibly amazing to work with throughout the entire day and night. As a professional Matt is very organized, and has an uncanny ability to be a calming presence while making sure that timing remains on track. He was a pleasure to work with. Matt made sure that we captured all of the family shots that were important to us. Additionally he was great at capturing candid little moments that as a bride you never want to forget. There were so many times during the reception that something would happen, I would smile and think “it would be great if we got a shot of this”, and without fail Matt had captured it for us. It is clear that Matt has a strong artistic vision, and he is very easy to be around.

Sent on 11/26/2012
  • I

Ilana · Married on 10/20/2012

I hired Matt Ramos photography to prepare my wedding album. They were accommodating, responsive, professional and fast. The end product is incredible.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Leslie · Married on 10/05/2012

I wish there were an option for more stars! Matt is an incredible photographer-we were lucky enough to do our engagement session as well as our wedding with him and his crew. We were blown away by the results and can't wait to start putting together our wedding album! From the beginning Matt was responsive to our needs and quick to get back to us if we had any questions. Matt has the ability to put people at ease and direct them without making them feel uncomfortable-we laughed a lot during our engagement session which I totally didn't expect-it was such a good time! I knew our wedding day wouldn't be much different and we already knew what to expect. Matt is extremely professional and works well with other vendors-the entire event was seamless-and we are so grateful for the opportunity to work with such an amazing and talented photographer and his (also amazing) assistant. Did I mention our pictures are awesome? If you're looking for a top-notch, creative, personable photographer...look no further! Thank you Matt Ramos for creating such beautiful memories for us!

Sent on 11/13/2012

Melissa · Married on 09/28/2012

While I didn't shed a tear on my wedding day, I had to fight back (good) tears while seeing our pictures for the first time. My husband and I were blown away! As many brides know, the day goes by so fast and Matt captured every moment so perfectly -- I can't stop looking at the final results :) I couldn't have picked a better photographer to share the day with...Matt was so down-to-earth and handled our large wedding party with such ease. Everyone thought he was great, even my Dad who isn't the biggest fan of getting his picture taken. I could go on and on, but the bottom line is: hire Matt Ramos...He's the best in the area and you will not regret your decision!

Sent on 11/16/2012

carrie · Married on 09/21/2012

When I first began searching for a photographer, I was merely hoping for some pretty pictures. Upon contacting Matt Ramos, I was pleasantly surprised with so much more. Not only did he respond immediately to my onslaught of questions and concerns, but his experience allowed him the ability to make several key suggestions, ultimately making our lives a ton easier. Matt's assistance continued to be an invaluable resource even after we officially booked with him. Whether our question was about what bed and breakfast in Saratoga offered a pretty backdrop for pictures, who does the best hair and makeup, or what the timeline of the day would look like, he responded to us as if we were the only people he had to worry about. Come wedding day, Matt made the day run so smoothly. Not only did he show up early, but he ensured we all stayed on schedule, all while taking a ton of amazing photographs. His sense of humor and personality allowed even the most awkward subjects (me and the groom :) ) to feel comfortable in front of the camera. We just got our pictures back and I cannot say enough about them! Of course I had seen plenty of his work, but it did not prepare me for how much I would love our own photos. They are simply beautiful. Do not hesitate to book with Matt! He, without a doubt, wins the "most valuable vendor" award for our wedding!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Amy · Married on 07/01/2012

Polite and friendly, while making both of us feel so comfortable during our first shoot before our wedding started, while wowing our guests with a picture he sent to us later that night. Outstanding job!

Sent on 07/03/2012

Matt is absolutely AMAZING! He is a true professional - easy to work with, quick to respond, and best of all - a fabulous photographer. He is quick to post a teaser or two after the wedding and we are thrilled with ours. We give Matt our highest recommendation to any future couple.

Sent on 07/10/2012

Norah · Married on 05/25/2012

The team was great! We can wait to create our album! Amazing shots to choose from.

Sent on 08/10/2012

Gloria · Married on 04/14/2012

Most of my friends would describe me as picture happy. Everywhere I go I am the one to document the event. So when I got engaged the first thing I looked into booking was my photographer. The pictures were one of the most important things for me and I need to book the best. After tons of research I decided to interview what I considered the top two photographers in the area. Both took amazing pictures but after meeting Matt, my now husband and I decided he was the perfect fit for us. Booking him almost 2 years before our wedding we knew early on we had made the right choice. He came down to NYC for our dream engagement photo shoot in central park (a 3 hour drive) and the pictures came out amazing. I knew then our wedding pictures were going to be amazing. On my wedding day I was so excited when he arrived with his team. Not only is he an amazing photographer but a wonderful person. I can seriously sit here and type about how much I LOVED all our picutres and how he lived up to my high expectations but I rather you see his work yourself. Check out his blog and my wedding picture: www.mattramosblog.com/gloria-louis-hall-of-springs-wedding-saratoga-springs-wedding-photographer/ My pictures are amazing and after my wedding was over these pictures and my memories is all I have and I am so thankful for that Matt documented our event so beautifully.

Sent on 05/02/2012

Your photographer is arguably the single most important vendor you can hire for your special day -- people will forget about the venue, the food, and the wonderful details over time UNLESS captured by a skillful professional. Matt is without a doubt the absolute BEST photographer we could have hired for our wedding. There are a lot of talent out there, but Matt is in a league of his own when it comes to capturing images and using whatever environment he is put in to produce the best images possible. He is not only an exceptional
    photographer with unparalleled skill, but also provides outstanding customer service. During the stressful wedding planning, his lightning fast response time were not only impressive, but simply invaluable. I never had to call him more than once to get a response. He also has a sense of humor and easygoing personality, which is extremely helpful during the sometimes awkward "posed photo sessions". Some may consider his prices a bit steep, but trust me -- after doing tons of research and meeting with a fair number of vendors in the area, that Matt is a great value and you absolutely get what you pay for and more. I cannot stay enough great things about Matt and strongly urge you to go with his experience, professionalism and product.

Sent on 09/18/2012

Laura · Married on 11/11/2011

Having been an out of town couple for our wedding, we had never met Matt before selecting him. Everywhere we went we kept hearing his name and how much his previous clients enjoyed working with him. All the vendors we chose spoke very highly of him. To say the least, we snagged him up as quick as we could. When we finally got to meet Matt ( a few months later) we couldn't have been happier! In every meeting he was not only very nice and easy to talk with but very knowledgable about the products and services he could provide. Everything from the album design to the day of details was user friendly for out of town couples. On the day of the wedding Matt was direct and thorough about taking BEAUTIFUL pictures! We were even able to join our guests for cocktail hour! Our pictures are better than we ever could imagined! It was beyond a pleasure and so much fun working with Matt on our special day! Thank you Matt for everything!

Sent on 03/02/2012

Kellie · Married on 09/10/2011

Matt was absolutely AMAZING. I couldnt have been happier at how our photos came out!!!!! He was so professional and was able to shoot everyone and everything we wanted even when it was such a crazy day, and our photo spot was flooded. You wouldnt even know we are basically in a parking lot. He was so creative with everyone and let us do our own thing, also providing guidance on other things. I have had SOOOO many people rave about our pcitures. We were so blessed to have him be apart of our big day and would reccommend him to anyone, for ANY occassion that you would need photos taken!!!!!!!! THANK YOU MATT AND JAMAICA!!! You guys really went above and beyond!!!

Sent on 10/20/2011

Molly · Married on 07/30/2011

If you would like a photographer that not only takes incredible photos, but listens to your priorities and is easy to work with, Matt is your man. Matt is extremely thorough in both his photography and his knowledge of the couple/families. Matt offered great suggestions and insights, but always allowed us to make the decisions. Everyone in the bridal party and on both sides of the family enjoyed working with him. That is rare! We love our photos and have no idea how we will choose for the album.

Sent on 08/28/2011
  • morgsandbri

Morgan · Married on 07/09/2011

After our first meeting I knew I wanted to work with Matt, and never once regretted my decision. He is professional and knowledgeable. He is very responsive to questions or concerns. Most importantly he is amazing at what he does. His pictures speak for themselves. He worked great with our other vendors the entire day, and I can not tell you how many compliments we receive on our pictures. They are simply stunning. I plan to recommend him to everyone I know. He has an eye for great shots and knows how to keep things moving, and you can tell he truly enjoys his job, so the entire process is fun, and it was a pleasure working with him and his staff.

Sent on 07/27/2011

Jenny · Married on 05/28/2011

Check out his site.... his pictures speak for themselves. Awesome photographer and person! Did a great job in helping my husband relax and enjoy having his photo taken and the photos we have are breathtaking. I would recommend Matt to anyone who wants amazing wedding photos to have for the rest of their lives. My friends that picked cheaper photographers completely regret it after seeing the quality of mine!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Lis · Married on 10/09/2010

He is simply the best!!! His photography takes me breath away!! There are no words to describe his work and he is a great guy!! All around, just perfect!!!

Sent on 10/26/2010

Patrick · Married on 09/21/2007

My wife, Jennifer and I hired Matt Ramos Photography under some pretty interesting circumstances. We had originally hired a different photographer (to remain nameless) and after our engagement session realized that the service being provided was “extra-ordinarily awful”
    We subsequently fired that individual and met with Matt Ramos – immediately we fell in love with his personality and work. In my opinion, the most important factor in deciding on a photographer – or any wedding professional for that matter is “PERSONALITY.” On my wedding day, he was able to capture moments based on his ability to make us laugh and feel comfortable throughout the entire day. Even Jamaica, his assistant was awesome. Within a week (while we were in Figi) he had teaser images up on his blog for us to see. That was so nice. He literally made us feel like we were his only client, even after our event was over. It’s so important to choose someone passionate about what they do with Matt it’s more than obvious!! I would highly recommend using Matt Ramos for your event – You are guaranteed to have a spectacular time and the beautiful images will speak for themselves.
    Thanks Matt!

Sent on 03/07/2012

Katie · Married on 04/16/2011

Matt shot my wedding in April at the Canfield Casino in Saratoga Springs, NY. He was wonderful to work with from the first time I corresponded with him. Every time I emailed him, hed responded within an hour or two - usually less! While the wedding was inside, we were hoping to take some outside photos before the ceremony...the forecast wasn't looking great, and we communicated up until the morning of the wedding to finalize the plan (literally, we didn't decide WHERE we would take the pre-ceremony shots until that morning!). They all ended up looking absolutely gorgeous. Friends have told me that others who have caught them looking at pictures of our wedding online asked if they were from a magazine! Very happy to have these photos as a memory of such an amazing day!

Sent on 07/04/2011

Matt was very professional and created great value in our photos. We used his associate photographers and were happy with the results.

Sent on 12/09/2016