6 Reviews for Masterwork Weddings

Engagement Shoot (1)
High-Res Images (1)
Digital Files (1)
6 Masterwork Weddings Reviews

James did our wedding photos this past December 2017. My husband and I had a combined Indian and American wedding, giving James quite a challenge and a very long day. We like to say he is our “Cross-Fit photographer!” To say that James was amazing is an understatement. From our very first meeting, James was phenomenal and absolutely lovely to work with. Not only is he an incredible photographer, but he is a genuine, kind and humble person, making our experience even more pleasurable. In addition to our wedding photos, James kindly came to our Sangeet night (similar to a rehearsal dinner, but on a much larger scale) the night before our wedding at no extra charge. He captured beautiful photos at both events and he clearly has an eye for capturing the right moment. In addition to his talent, James made us feel very comfortable and we never felt awkward while taking photos. James was also great working with our families and keeping our day on time without ever feeling rushed. We wholeheartedly recommend James and Masterworks Weddings to anyone planning a wedding, or anyone in need of a photographer. We will be calling James in the future for any and all of our future photography needs. Thank you for creating these magical pictures that we will treasure for the rest of our lives.

Profile Picture Kelly, 12/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Wow did we ever make the right choice by working with James for our wedding! I only wish we could give more than 5 stars!!! It was the most magical few days of our lives and I am so grateful he was there to capture it all! He truly went above and beyond in every moment. From staying later than expected during our rehearsal dinner, jumping up on a post during the cocktail hour of our wedding to get a picture of us with every guest at our wedding (totally unplanned but awesome) which allowed us to just relax and enjoy for the reception, to putting his cameras down and kneeling on the ground to help my mom with her shoe clip during the reception. I know there are countless more examples of his commitment and extra care he took to help us capture the day and support our family and friends. There is no thank you great enough to express our gratitude to him!!!!!! The pictures were so gorgeous and magical and everyone keeps complimenting us that they are the most perfect wedding photos they have ever seen! THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts! Christian and Justine (wedding on 10/8/16).

Profile Picture Justine, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

James previously did a fantastic job with our engagement shots and "fantastic" is a complete understatement when it comes to our wedding shots. He was a blast to work with from start to end and had the best sense of humor to endure our very nerdy and inside joke filled wedding. My guests commented that James was quick on his feet and all over the place the entire night. And boy are our images a testament of that. He caught perfect moments between our families and friends and we can't even remember seeing the camera! Our photos have brought us to tears with how perfect they are. The candids were especially great and have had us laughing for days.

James was very accommodating to the 10ish "must have" photo poses we wanted and made sure to keep them in mind even when we forgot. He was very calm and directing, which is perfect for a stressed out bride. He has an eye for the "perfect" pose and all of our bridal photos came out phenomenal. He was excellent at spotting those perfect moments between kids, adults, family, and friends, which has made for a photos we will cherish forever.

We could not have asked for better photos or a better person to be our photographer.

Profile Picture sarah, 8/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

He is very nice and his photography is gorgeous! And his prices are completely unbeatable. Can't wait to get my finances and my engagement photos done this Friday!

Profile Picture Ariel, 1/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

We booked James of Masterwork Weddings for our wedding. I had done a lot of research while hunting for photographers and James's pricing and work seemed like the best of both worlds. We met him for a consultation before deciding whether we would hire him. He brought examples of his work and answered all of our questions. It was clear that he is very experienced, professional, and SO nice! James has a great love and respect for marriage and went into wedding photography after tying the knot himself (he was a professional/commercial photographer for many years prior to this). It's so great to have a wedding photographer who does these type of events not just for the sake of business, but also because he truly believes in the commitment and union of a couple. We hired him after the consult and he continued to work with us throughout the months before our event, making sure that we had our day-of-event timeline organized. A month before the wedding he met with us again and we went to all of the locations where we were considering taking photos. This pre-planning made the wedding day run so smoothly! He processed all of the photos so rapidly after the event and mailed us a USB drive with everything just over two weeks later. Crazy fast! The photos are gorgeous, all of our important moments are captured beautifully. Also, all of his wedding packages include full ownership of the photos. I highly recommend James for your event, five stars!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 11/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

To put it simply, our experience with James as our wedding photographer in September 2013 was nothing short of perfect. Not only did we end up with the most gorgeous wedding photos I've ever seen, but he was such a joy to work with and made the whole experience entirely stress-free.

The planning: James was the most responsive vendor we had from day one. We were planning from across the country and didn't meet him until the day before the wedding, but he made me feel so comfortable during the planning process, I was never worried. He gave advice without pressure and catered to what we envisioned for the day.

The day of: He scouted the perfect locations ahead of time and gave us such a great variety with a good mix of artsy and classic. We have a tendency to be more awkward than elegant, but James made it seem so easy to just be ourselves. It never felt suffocating or unnatural and that truly shines through in the photos.

The photos: I swear I'm not just a biased bride. Every person I've gushed about them to has wholeheartedly agreed. I don't even recognize myself in some of the photos - I have never felt so beautiful as I do looking back at the photos. James' vision and timing are spot on to capture every special moment without ever making you feel like you have a camera in your face.

Last but not least, the terms: Pricing is affordable. Actually it is quite a steal for the level of craftsmanship and professionalism. And having the full photo rights is more important than you might think initially. Seriously, how wonderful to have the entire progression of the day instead of just a handful of someone else's taste in best shots.

James is a true artist and will be one of the best decisions you make for your wedding.

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/13/13, 3 Reviews