Masters of Ceremony Entertainment & Lighting Reviews

24 | Castaic, CA

24 Reviews for Masters of Ceremony Entertainment & Lighting

Eric · Married on 03/29/2015

I would highly recommend using Masters of Ceremony Entertainment & Lighting!!! This company is the best wedding service anyone could want. From start to finish this service was easy and super helpful along the way. You will not find a better Wedding Dj out there!!

Emily · Married on 01/24/2015

My, now husband, and I wanted the reception everyone dreams of, super fun but classy, and Masters of Ceremony made that possible!
    We were privileged to have Tone as our DJ, whom I highly recommend. For us, not having done this whole wedding thing before, we really had no idea what makes or breaks a reception, setting aside some terrible experiences of course, we pretty much just did whatever Tone advised (order of events, music to dance to, DJ placement...) and it was the best reception I've ever attended! I think our only concern we stressed to Tone, upon our first meeting, was that we wanted people dancing which can be difficult at weddings with the wide range of quests ages, people not knowing everyone... Tone flawlessly got EVERYONE, including the people who swore to me they would not dance, up on the dance floor having a great time!
    Since then, I have had multiple newly engaged couples ask me who the DJ was, many complimented me on the "party" I threw (which lets be honest, Masters of Ceremony did all the work that day), and even our more conservative grandparents had a good time in the professional yet clean fun atmosphere.
    I am confident that Masters of Ceremony will meet anyones expectations, I would hire them again with no thought!

Ashlynn · Married on 11/29/2014

Sean Lee did an amazing job helping us organize our big day. He let us choose all of our own music & gave great advice to better help us to have the perfect day! He played every single song we requested, when we wanted it played! He also was very very kind and professional. We have already recommended him to everyone we know who is getting married!

Summerly · Married on 10/18/2014

Wonderful job! Many guests commented on how smooth things went and how great our DJ was. I couldn't have asked for better.

Shelby · Married on 10/04/2014

Worth every penny!!! Sean was amazing! He is a truly genuine person who wants your wedding to be great! He interacted with my guest and everyone raved about how good the dj was! I would recommend him to anyone and everyone I know!

Sean was the best DJ for our wedding at Robinson Ranch. He came highly recommended from our photographer, William Innes. He drove to Burbank to meet us for our first meeting and right away we felt comfortable with him. My husband was an event DJ for 8 years and felt very comfortable knowing that Sean was a MC/DJ with the experience and knowledge. Sean worked with us to help create the customized wedding of our dreams by guiding us through the music selection process. The day of the wedding Sean delivered everything we could ask for and more. The music was well paced and provided the appropriate volume and tempo for the different portions of the evening. His MC ability helped the evening flow effortlessly and made our evening one to remember. Sean has a lot of great ways to get the whole party dancing. He was able to read the group and keep the party going. A lot of our guests talk about how we was able to break the ice and get everyone dancing. We were very surprised and pleased to see how many people (including the older guests) danced most of the night with us. It made for fun pictures! We would definitely recommend Sean to our friends and family for any special occasion.

Kelly · Married on 09/21/2013

Sean was amazing!! He knew just what to do to make our wedding the funnest event!! It was a great night and everyone kept saying it was the funnest wedding they had ever been to! We are so happy!!!

I cannot stress how important the DJ/MC is for your wedding. We hired Sean to MC and he brought a DJ, which was a perfect combination. The DJ/MC really carries your event and keeps everything moving. I don't know how our wedding would have gone if we had anyone else.

Sean Lee (owner) absolutely ROCKS. We had so much fun with him. He had all of the qualities that were most important to us:
    He is extremely professional and responsible- he owns the company and runs it himself, meaning it's his name on the line if you aren't 100% satisfied, which he strives for (and succeeds!)
    He is organized and supportive- he helped us in so many ways (with the organization of how everything would be run).
    He is very dependable. He is SO MUCH FUN- he had EVERYONE on the floor almost all night.
    He is very, very good at what he does. He stays up on the latest music trends, technology, and wedding trends, but is awesome if you want to go a little old school too.
    He is very flexible. We actually ran 30 minutes EARLY to our reception, and he never skipped a beat.

I 1000% recommend Sean. Keep in mind that the DJ is a big expense in your wedding planning, but it is vital that you get a great one if you want everything to run smoothly. I booked him before I booked anything else and am so happy I did so.

Stephanie · Married on 06/01/2013

Shaun is an amazing Dj and MC. He really helped getting people on the dance floor and made the wedding more lively. Everyone talked about how fun the reception was. The lighting was also so beautiful as well. He did a great job to make the area I got married look magical. I would highly recommend Sean wherever he is located now.

Angie · Married on 11/09/2012

Best choice we could have made! They totally made our event a super success!! Completely felt at total peace during the whole thing and all of our guests commented on how awesome our MC was!!! I would definitely recommend to anyone looking to take their event to a higher level and ensure that it's memorable to all!!

• Nichole

Nichole · Married on 05/24/2012

I just loved Sean and his crew. He was very professional- He was so tuned in to what my Husband and I had visioned for our big day and was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was definitely entertaining and kept the party alive the whole way through. He didnt just show up and play music. He asked us to customize a playlist and is definitely an entertainer. They also provided lighting which made the venue that much more beautiful. He also customized a GOBO light which turned out amazing with our initials! My guests told me they had a blast and requested his info for their upcoming events! Thanks Sean!!!

Sent on 08/30/2012

Masters of Ceremony Entertainment & Lighting's reply:

Thank you Nichole! It was an honor being the MC at your wedding and my DJ Jeff had a blast with your guests! The lighting set up that we designed came out amazing and I couldn't be happier for you guys! Here is a link to some footage that we shot while working your wedding!

Samantha · Married on 10/22/2011

You will not be disappointed with Masters of Ceremony!!! Sean is so professional and detailed; he is very organized and super flexible. The lighting on our dance floor really set the mood for the fun night that was to come. Sean had every song planned out according to the songs we picked and really made it a memorable night. We've recommended Sean to so many of our friends and family, we've also been asked for his information by guests who attended our wedding. We've been told numerous times how fun our reception was and how much EVERYONE loved our DJ! Masters of Ceremony doesn't just play music, he interacts with the guests and really gets them up and having fun. Masters of Ceremony made our reception one-of-a-kind. We cannot stop reminiscing about how much fun we had at our wedding. We hope to be able to work with Masters of Ceremony in the future!

Michelle · Married on 10/01/2011

BEST DJ EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Sean was the seriously the most amazing and talented, not too mention fun and proffesional DJ that we could ever have asked for. Had everyone on the dance floor and entertained my guests without being cheesy. So thankful we found him. My hubby both agree that we will hire him again for another party in future. If you wanna have a fun and lively wedding then hire Masters of Ceremony.

Felice · Married on 09/04/2011

From beginning to end, Sean was AWESOME!!!! He went above and beyond my expectations. I am not a huge music person, so composing our wedding precession and reception seemed very trying for me. Sean spent the time going over all different types of ideas, playing different songs and basically walking me through the entire day musically. Which turned out perfect!!! He coordinated all my vendors by sending out an email with the timeline (which Sean did BTW), that stood out as top notch professionalism not only to me but the vendors that were apart of the day. Did I mention he rocks the house as an MC!!!! Our wedding was on the small side (attendance), he really did a fantastic job at getting the crowd involved… THANK YOU for being such and important part of our special day!!!!

Felice James

Masters of Ceremony Entertainment & Lighting's reply:

You guys are great Felice! I look forward to seeing at future events that you friends or family may have!!!

Kathleen · Married on 05/15/2011

Sean was wonderful. I was concerned about the flow and organization of the entire event which was overwhelming me. He assured me he
    would guide us through every last detail on our momentus event.

Sean did just that, and made our wedding and reception professional
    and topknotch.

We would not use him again. We would recommend him to everyone
    planning to have a big event.

Everyone at our wedding commented on how great he was.

• Y

Yara · Married on 05/07/2011

Master's of Ceremony, Sean Lee, was the DJ at my wedding on May 7, 2011! He was absolutely amazing! When picking songs out, he had so many great ideas! Some songs that I picked for my ceremony he didn't have, but he didn't hesitate to download them! He made my wedding stress free by completing a time line of when things were going to happen! He was able to get all my guests on the dance floor! Which is what every bride wants! Everyone kept coming up to me during the night and telling me how amazing they thought my DJ was! Sean even did some of the lighting for the reception and it made the room look beautiful! I would definitely recommend Master's of Ceremony!

Megan · Married on 03/27/2011

100 out of 5 stars!!! I would recommend Masters of Ceremony to ANYBODY. Sean Lee was our MC/DJ at our 3/27/11 wedding. Sean was so friendly, quick to respond to any of our inquiries or requests, and just so open to any ideas we wanted to throw at him, even if they weren't all that traditional. He had wonderful communication (which many of the other companies we tried to contact did NOT have) and a huge knowledge base. Even when there was some mini-drama and last minute changes surrounding our wedding entrance, Sean was super flexible, helpful, and patient in trying to figure it all out (even while I was ready to punch some people!). He was open to discussing budget and made it possible for us to use a professional DJ company. I felt comfortable and worry-free that our wedding would be incredible because of our DJ - and I was right! We got so many compliments about our wedding, saying it was the best wedding anybody had ever been to before.

My advice to anybody looking at DJs and thinking about cost: Stop and think about what makes the reception great and you will realize that the cost of a DJ/MC is WELL WORTH IT! Sean has extremely reasonable prices, especially for the level of service he provides. He goes above and beyond what he has to do to make your special event perfect. I can't thank him enough for what an incredible night he made possible for my new husband and I. THANK YOU SO MUCH, SEAN!!!!

Amabel · Married on 10/31/2010

My husband and I had been to another wedding that Sean was the DJ for and we immediately said that we want him to be the DJ for our wedding. He made it so much fun and different from your any other DJ. He had every single one of my guests on the dance floor! You will not be disappointed. Some of my guests wanted Sean for their DJ as well!

Sent on 02/06/2011

Masters of Ceremony Entertainment & Lighting's reply:

Thanks for the kind words! I had a blast as the MC at your wedding and I always love doing Filipino weddings! The high light for me was you guys coming in at your grand entrance to Jump Around by House of Pain! I hope to see you again at your friends and family's events in the future!

Sean Lee
    Masters of Ceremony Entertainment & Lighting

Charlene · Married on 10/16/2010

Sean Lee did not disappoint us at all! We got everything we wanted, and he exceeded our expectations! No one was hardly sitting at our wedding! He made our guests dance until our event was over. Everyone kept saying how much fun they had and kept asking who our Deejay was! I highly recommend Masters of Ceremony for weddings! :)

Sent on 12/29/2010

Masters of Ceremony Entertainment & Lighting's reply:

Your wedding was well worth the 3 hour drive to San Diego to perform at! I am still laughing about Badger's toast where he sang the whole tiger song from The Hangover! I am honored that you contacted me to MC your wedding after I did your brother's wedding years earlier. Best wishes to you both.

Stacey · Married on 09/17/2010

I lucked out by being at the wrong venue at the right time. I got to see Sean in action while searching venues and I knew he was the right DJ for me, meeting him in person just reassured that. He's funny and has a great personality. He made our wedding fun and about 85% of our guests dance..that is probably a wedding record! I would highly recommend him! When you hire him..make sure he does his dollar game..it was such a hit with my guests!

Sent on 12/29/2010

Masters of Ceremony Entertainment & Lighting's reply:

I'm glad that you wondered into the wedding that I was doing at Moorpark Country Club to see me doing what I do best. Your wedding was great and your friends and family are awesome! Of course any reception with a Kill Bill grand entrance complete with sword play is hard to beat!

Corie · Married on 09/11/2010

Sean was great! We have heard a lot of comments from our wedding guests. In fact, one of our guests booked them for her son's wedding next year. So much fun...thanks Sean!

Sent on 12/30/2010

Masters of Ceremony Entertainment & Lighting's reply:

Good times at the Knollwood Country Club! Thank you so much for the great review...anybody who pulls of a Survivor song for their first dance is OK in my book. I look forward to seeing you at future events!

Lesley · Married on 06/04/2011

I found Sean Lee and Masters of Ceremony on Yelp and decided to go for it, based on their great reviews. I'm very glad I did! Sean was great from the get-go, offering tons of useful suggestions. Since Sean wasn't available that day, which was initially a disappointment since we really liked him, he told us Richard would be DJing.

Richard turned out to be just as awesome as Sean. He showed up on time, set up really quickly, and was ready for when the ceremony started. He played the playlist I wanted, and threw in some other stuff based on the crowd. They weren't dancing to what I picked so he had to improvise a little. At one point he even salsa danced with one of our guests which really helped to rev up the crowd and get people moving.

Wedding planning is really stressful so my groom and I were glad we didn't really have to worry about the DJ stuff; Richard had it all taken care of. We told him what we wanted and he did it. We would highly recommend Masters of Ceremony!

Masters of Ceremony Entertainment & Lighting's reply:

I was so happy that we got to be a part of your special day and Richard still raves about how awesome your guests all were!!!

Vicki and Gary · Married on 08/30/2014

3.5

Sean was so great! He really did a fabulous job of loosening up,the crowd to get them all involved in the wedding festivities. He played very fun games pitting the guests at each table with the other tables to be the first tables to the buffet line. It was funny and hysterical! He did a fabulous job with the music and getting everyone on the dance floor!

Ryan · Married on 07/16/2011

The staff at Masters of Ceremony are top-notch professionals. Through their years of experience they were crucial in providing valuable insight about works best for your particular venue. Their fundamental understanding of the ceremonial progression enabled a more fulfilling experience.

Look no further, for you have truly found The Masters of Ceremony!

Masters of Ceremony Entertainment & Lighting's reply:

Thank you so much Ryan & Cara! We had a blast entertaining at your wedding...it was worth the trip up into the Sierras!!!