Masterpiece Events Reviews

23 | Atlanta, GA

23 Reviews for Masterpiece Events

• W

Winnie · Married on 07/10/2016

Curt is fabulous and lays it out for you!! Very knowledgeable! He is organized and made the experience worth every cent and second! The food is mouth watering! Choosing a catering company is tedious but fun!! If you want a worry free/stress free catering company this is your pick! The Chef and staff were very accommodating! I couldn't be happier!!! Five stars all day!!!!!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Alvin · Married on 09/27/2014

Rachael Brice was our manager for our wedding. She was wonderful in helping us to gather things, planned our food, drink and the wedding banquet. We made many changes to the invoice and she was patient enough to make the changes for us. Perhaps we made more than 10 times. Thank you for being part of our big day!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Monica · Married on 06/21/2014

This caterer is phenomenal. The customer service is unbelievable. I planned my wedding in Atlanta from Kentucky, and working with Rachel and her team was a breeze. she even went out and took pictures of rentals for me.
    The food was delicious. The staff were more than helpful, even dealing with a last minute set up due to rain.
    My wedding was perfect and exactly as I dreamed it thanks to Rachel and her team. Thank you so much.

Sent on 07/13/2014

Curt and Lori Bohling provide five star service for all their events. This family owned and operated catering company gives attention to every detail along with serving delicious food. They understand the importance of each event and listen to their customers. Masterpiece is the best in the business.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Our guests have told us this was the best catered food and especially the best food at a wedding they have ever tasted. We are so happy with everything and would very highly recommend them!!! Loved the whole process! They offer something special that other wedding caterers don't- the entire package. Ask them about their specialized cooker they can bring on site. Makes all the difference!

Sent on 08/24/2013

Joe · Married on 06/29/2013

Kurt and his staff did an amazing job. He took the time to take care of the small details that we had never thought of. Kurt came out and walked through the venue with us and went over the layout and flow of the ceremony. He also took an extra step to get with the wedding planner and DJ to set a timeline of the wedding so that it would go smoothly. Food was cooked on site so everything was hot and tasted fresh. The quality of food was on a totally different level from all others we tried. Our friends and family all complimented the food even months after our wedding.

Sent on 12/31/2015
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 05/24/2013

As we began to interview vendors, we were drawn to master piece events as we could sense their passion for what they do. They are family run and give full attention to the couple. Because they only run one event a night, the quality of their food and service shines through. When we explained we wanted an international taste to represent all the places we have lived or visited, they became even more passionate about creating a unique buffet. The food that evening was even better than the tasting. We had several guests that own restaurants and complimented many times about how good the food was. We had a range of food from Italian, southwestern, Brazillian, local, to a crepe station. The waiters were on top of everything. They even sent us with our own to-go box to make sure we ate. We plan to use them for all our future events.

Sent on 06/18/2013
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 09/08/2012

From the moment Chef Curt contacted me about my event I was sold on Masterpiece as my caterer. In all our conversations he stressed to me that the event was about me and not our guests and that I needed to do what we wanted. Our tasting sealed the deal, but getting us to the tasting by consulting with us about our food preferences was also a wonderful experience. Additionally, he makes delicious glutten-free options and since 1 of our wedding party members required glutten-free meals he ensured that this wouldn't be a problem by tailoring some of the food s for this.

Chef Curt has a mobile oven/cook stove thing that he is very proud of, as he should b, which allowed our food to be cooked onsite so so that it was always fresh. It was also tastefully setup to allow movement around the buffet while others waited for the action station. As a special extra touch, I feel, Chef Curt called me the day before to check in, get final approval on a sauce selection, and just ask how I was doing and if I was hanging in there; not a requirement of a caterer, but it was much appreciated.

He also has a great staff working with him. Lori Brown, our event manager, was there every step of the way when it came to finalizing the details, she checked, confirmed, and reconfirmed everything to make sure it was exactly as we wanted. We had our own personal server , Marquita, who made sure the entire wedding party had plenty to drink and snack on before the introductions and made sure that we always had a drink, food, or anything else we desired without having to get it ourselves. The bar's were beautifully setup and I haven't heard of a single guest who felt they had to wait or stand for any period of time to get a drink.

Thanks so much to Chef Curt and the staff at Masterpiece Events, the Branson's.

Sent on 09/12/2012

Michael · Married on 04/15/2012

Chef Kurt was excellent! He setup and broke down our venue, was on time as planned, and even brought extra ice for our bartenders. His food is hands-down the best bang for the buck. We had passed hors d'oeuvres right after the ceremony followed by heavy hors d'oeuvres and an incredible cheese and fruit spread. ALL OF THE FOOD WAS OUTSTANDING!

Sent on 04/26/2012

Judy · Married on 05/27/2011

What a pleasant surprise. I needed a caterer for my son's rehearsal dinner. Masterpiece Events is located in my general neighborhood. I have driven by their headquarters a thousand times. I called a bunch of different caterers and figured I would check them out too. Who know that there was a real treasure right in the neighborhood. Lori and Curt were professional, a pleasure to work with and gave me a great bang for the buck. My family who can be difficult to please were generous with their compliments. The food was yummy, plenty of it. Everyone took some home to enjoy later. I would recommend them anytime and I am trying to find another excuse to have a function so they can cook for me again soon.

Sent on 06/03/2011

Keeley · Married on 09/11/2010

Curt and the entire Masterpiece Events team provided us with the most amazing catering service we could have imagined for our wedding. They went above and be our expectations.

When I first began my research for all vendors for my wedding, including catering, I must have sent out 50 emails to various catering companies in Atlanta. Curt, the chef and owner of Masterpiece Events, called me personally within a day or two of my inquiry. He was so passionate and personable on the phone, I knew then he would definitely make it to my “Top 3.” It wasn’t till I met him and his team at our initial consultant, that I got the FULL PICTURE of just exactly what a wonderful company he has and how much they could offer for our wedding.

It was during our tasting that Curt suggested a rather unique method of serving the dinner – Family Style! It fit so perfectly with our family-centric wedding, and what a novel way to show our friends and family just how much they mean to us, by dining as if we were all having an intimate dinner together. Of course we were a little worried about how exactly this was going to be pulled off, as neither my husband nor I had either been to a wedding and ate dinner in this fashion. But we trusted Curt… and were not disappointed!! If there were issues in the kitchen that night, I never knew about it!! And absolutely every single guest at our wedding was so pleasantly surprised by the family-style dining, and of course the delicious menu that Curt had created. For just this, Curt and his team were well worth the money.

We also took advantage of the Wedding Coordinator services he offers his clients. Sherri, the coordinator, can provide services from full blown coordination to just day-off. As I had already taken care of all the other vendors, all I needed was the Day-Of services, but the day of was what always worried me the most. As an event coordinator myself, I found myself worrying (as I do professionally) that things won’t turn out 100% as planned (because they never do!). But, unlike my professional events, I would be incapable of handing any issues that arise that day or the day before. With Sherri there, I didn’t even have to think about it. She took care of everything, she was like my right hand! From setting up the reception venue, to helping me calm down from my bridal melt down, to coordinating payments with vendors, and making sure the DJ stayed the timeline…. And everything else I forgot because I was so blissfully ignorant to the logistics of the day. Just as any bride should be!

I don’t think our wedding would have turned out so beautiful and organized had Curt, Sherri and the rest of the team not been there from the beginning. We got exactly what we wanted, and more!!! I would recommend Masterpiece Events again and again, and I hope someday to use his services professionally as well as for any additional personal events I may have in the future.

Sent on 11/14/2010

Charles · Married on 07/17/2010

These guys are awesome!!! Curt is a superb chef and human being. Everyone loved the food! We had a great wedding and I will use him for all of my parties that I hope to have! Great, Great, Great! My wife wanted to have him come cook for us every week.

Thanks again! C.W.

Sent on 07/23/2010

Chris · Married on 03/27/2010

Curt is fantastic, we couldn't have asked for a better experience.
    Initial Consultation - The first impression of Masterpiece was fantastic Curt put us at ease with the whole process and really helped us come to a vision of what we wanted our WEDDING to be not just what we wanted our food to be. The first visit and tasting were far and away better than other caterers we visited.
    1. Food - The food tasted 100% as it was at the tasting. Our venue did not have a large enough kitchen to allow for on-site cooking so when we were talking to caterers I was concerned about the quality of the food. Curt was an expert in helping us select a menu that would hold up to the off site cooking and still taste and look great. We are still getting comments on the food and hearing stories of folks scoping out the last piece of steak on the tray. - 5 stars.
    2. Promptness - The thing that made me the most nervous about my wedding day wasn't that I was getting married, it was 'will all my vendors show up?' I got to the venue 3 hours early for pictures and Curt and his crew were well underway on the setup. They executed on our plan with absolutely zero stress to me or my bride.
    3. Professionalism - All staff members were well dressed, courteous, and worked hard throughout the event. Curt and Lori are always a phone call away throughout the planning process as well.
    4. Flexibility - Curt can do as much or as little as you want him to for the event. He has the vision to create plans for the entire layout and timeline and has quality contacts for everything. While he is your caterer, he also knows that he is a piece that has to fit in a larger puzzle and makes sure that other aspects of your wedding are up to spec. He does all of this while also not putting any pressure on you to use his vendors.
    5. Value - These guys provided a top notch product at significantly less than what other places quoted us. Like all couples, we had a budget to stay within and they were able to help us plan the exact event that we wanted while staying within our price range.

All in all, we couldn't have asked for anything different for our caterer or wedding.

Sent on 04/20/2010

Nikole · Married on 10/04/2009

This Vendor was wonderful. Not only was the food great, but they made sure that everything went smoothly and according to plan at the wedding. They worked well with all of the other vendors and took charge when needed. I would use them for any party in the future and would recommend them to anyone getting married.

Sent on 10/21/2009
  • Qberry

Laura · Married on 06/20/2009

Curt and his team were FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!! My mom and my MIL met with him while my husband and I were finishing up school in NYC and RAVED about his quality food (esp. the potatoes) & personal professionalism from that original meeting. When I finally met him, he far surpassed all my expectations!! He bent over backwards to make everything exactly how we wanted it! He's an artist, so he's eager to throw in his own creative touch if that's what you're looking for, but he's also willing to do what it takes to please you. All our guests LOVED the food, and he and his team were also responsible for helping us get our entire event decorated properly (we had a backyard wedding- they helped move the chairs from the ceremony to the reception area and helped to light all the candles for the reception while the ceremony was going on...). We could not have been happier with his services!! I would HIGHLY recommend Masterpiece Events to anyone needing catering services (and beyond!). My MIL is already talking about using them again for her next big event! :)

Sent on 07/02/2009

Karen · Married on 05/26/2007

The food and the service was great!!! I would definately reccomend to others!!!

Sent on 11/27/2007

Katie · Married on 09/28/2013

We used Masterpiece for our outdoor wedding and they were fabulous. The park we chose to get married at did not have water, power or really much but a pretty view. Curt and Lori were able to easily overcome those obstacles with their cooking/food prep truck. The food came out fresh and hot with no need for Sterno or any other heating methods that dry the food out. And it was delicious! Curt worked with us to prepare a menu that suited us and was very flexible about how the food was prepared. He helped us get in the right mindset about the wedding food that it shouldn't be what they've got on their menu but rather what food is special and tasty to us. Curt was able to make us feel more comfortable about how the wedding was going to flow than even our wedding coordinator. He helped create a diagram for tables, chairs, bars and everything else that became the master for setup. They charge a little more than some caterers but it's really reasonable compared to others out there. For the service and the tasty food, I would highly recommend Masterpiece.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Amanda · Married on 10/19/2008

We ordered our appetizers and desserts through this company, as Callaway provided the food, but we wanted more. I found them to be very reasonably priced, and the staff was so nice.

Sent on 11/10/2008

Melissa · Married on 11/19/2011

I was extremely pleased with the quality of food. It was much better wedding food than I've tasted at most weddings. The tables and chairs looked great. There were enough servers and help staff to make everything flow smoothly. Set up and clean up where complete and painless.
    This is a totally professional organization and I can highly recommend them.

Sent on 03/27/2012

Lisa · Married on 11/11/2006

4.2
      3.5

Masterpiece was great. They handled every aspect of my reception from food to decor. It was lovely!

Sent on 12/07/2007

2.6
      3.0
      2.5
      1.0

While the food and service of the staff was great, the owner was at times rude and unprofessional. He was very disorganized and paid little attention to detail. It seemed they didn't like the fact that I hired my own wedding planner, and tried to force ideas on me. I had to put my foot down numerous times and clarify what I wanted on my wedding day. He was very unprofessional to other vendors, and I caught the owner YELLING at my wedding planner when he didn't know I was in the room. Thank god the food was good, otherwise we would have had problems. I'm just glad I never have to deal with this business again. The venue has since removed Masterpiece Events from their list of preferred caterers. That act speaks for itself.

Sent on 03/11/2013

2.0

Masterpiece was fabulous during the planning stages of our event but their execution was less than satisfactory. The food was delicious, but the service was terrible. Part of our menu included signature cocktails (we had even rented special glassware explicitly for those cocktails), but we showed up to cocktail hour and there were no signature cocktails to be found, so the bartenders started scrambling to fix them. We had a buffet but requested that the bride, groom, and mother of the bride be served at their seats. The catering staff failed to remember this, so the father of the bride ended up fixing those plates. The bar areas were incredibly messy, with all of the beverages sitting on the table rather than tucked behind the bar. Worst of all, the leftover food from the event somehow disappeared. My dad had gone into the kitchen and saw that there was tons of food leftover. But at the end of the night we were sent home with three tiny containers of vegetables - that's it. A few days after the wedding, my dad requested to talk with Chef Curt. It took weeks to get a response from him.

After being promised first-class service and paying a premium price, we were incredibly disappointed with Masterpiece.

Sent on 10/07/2014

Greg · Married on 08/30/2014

1.8
      1.5
      2.5
      1.5
      2.0

A wedding is a treasured event, so we spent many hours working with Masterpiece to create the perfect day. The food was wonderful and as we shared with them, the work in the "back of the house" was tremendous. Unfortunately, we can not say the same for the "front of the house". Overall service, responsiveness and follow up were fair to poor. A major component was completely missed at the beginning of the reception which led to long lines, frustrated guests and significantly took away from the event. Some items and services were never delivered. As the Father of the bride, I had to serve the bride and groom their meal. When we raised issues at the event and afterwards, the owner was inflexible. He did not respond to our request for over two weeks. Then he agreed that they had made an error but took no action. Weeks later, he tried to blame it on us. If you decide to use them, place a significant portion of the charges to be paid after the event based on performance, not promises.

Sent on 10/08/2014