Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado Reviews

Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado 5
Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado 6
Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado 7

Ed · Married on 08/25/2017

Stoddard was very accommodating and provided us with the perfect ceremony. His vows were so well stated and the little touches were also first class. The setting was perfect too as his yard is very pretty and quaint. Overall, I highly recommend him for your JP needs.

Sent on 09/04/2017

Elaine · Married on 08/11/2017

If you are looking for a Justice of the Peace look no further and reach out to Stoddard. From our first meeting Stoddard made the whole ceremony process personal and painless. He talked us through our options and gave us plenty of opportunity to personalize our ceremony from his vast arsenal of vow options, ceremony readings, and even Celtic Hand-Fasting.

Hands down one of the best parts was Stoddard's personal remarks about my husband and I. He told our family and friends the 'story of us" with clarity, humor, and love. Hearing our story repeated front of all our family and friends was one of my favorite parts of the day. I cannot put into words how special he made our ceremony, it was as if he was a long time family friend marrying the two of us.

Sent on 08/24/2017

Daniel · Married on 08/06/2017

Stoddard has a wonderful character. He is easy to work with and so very creative. He wrote a beautiful speech about how my wife and I met. All of my guests were so touched by his words. He even added a bit of humor to brighten the ceremony. He makes every couple feel comfortable and he gives good advice and opinions. He's an excellent choice.

Sent on 09/05/2017

Lyndsey · Married on 08/05/2017

We were very happy that we chose Stoddard to officiate our wedding. We appreciated all of his help selecting our passages and readings to craft our very own ceremony. He also shared some personal remarks about the story of our relationship which was so nice! He made sure that we stayed calm and each focused on our partner during the ceremony which made it feel much more intimate in front of the crowd (we were nervous in the spotlight!). We would highly recommend Stoddard to anyone, especially dog lovers!

Sent on 08/31/2017

Tess · Married on 07/22/2017

Stoddard did an exceptional job officiating our wedding. From the first time my husband and I spoke with Stoddard, we felt incredibly at ease and really appreciated the value that he places on helping couples create a personal, unique ceremony. In each interaction with Stoddard, he took the time to really listen to us, and gave us so much wonderful advice and guidance in helping us to craft a ceremony that was a reflection of who we are as a couple. He was amazing to work with - responsive, kind, humorous, and encouraging. The ceremony that he delivered was beyond our expectations. We had many guests pull us aside at the wedding to tell us how much they loved the ceremony and how blown away they were by Stoddard. We will always cherish how special our ceremony was to us, and are so appreciative of the work that Stoddard put in. He is truly gifted at what he does, and I cannot recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado's reply:

Thank you, Tess. Your wedding was beautiful and I am so glad that you enjoyed it.

Renee · Married on 07/16/2017

Stoddard was a fantastic JP. From our first consultation with him, we immediately knew he would be a great choice. At the rehearsal the day before our wedding, he was knowledgeable, professional, and made us feel completely at ease. On our wedding day, we knew he was going to be good, but we were absolutely floored with how incredible he was. He told our story to our guests with the perfect combination of sincerity, compassion, and humor. He let us create the perfect ceremony that was unique to us, and offered us the ideal amount of guidance. He was extremely responsive throughout the whole process. We could not have asked for anyone better. Our guests have been coming up to us since the wedding and asking us where we found Stoddard because they felt as though it was the most impressive ceremony they've ever seen.

If Stoddard is available on your wedding day, do not make a mistake and pass up the opportunity to work with him. Five plus stars.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Renee. I truly enjoyed working with Owen and you and loved your wedding ceremony. I am quite happy that you liked it!

Jennifer · Married on 07/15/2017

Stoddard was the perfect fit for us to officiate our wedding! He was the one and only JP we met with, and that is because we know he was the right fit from the start! He made the whole process so easy and stress free. He was helpful with any questions we had as well. Our guests also thought that Stoddard did a great job getting to know us and made the ceremony that much more personal. I highly recommend Stoddard to perform your wedding!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Carmie · Married on 07/14/2017

Stoddard made our ceremony very personal and relaxing. He took the time to get to know us to be able to personalize our ceremony and was always responsive and considerate of us on our day and before. He was focused on making sure we felt comfortable so we could enjoy our wedding day.

Sent on 08/13/2017

Michele · Married on 07/08/2017

Stoddard did a wonderful job officiating our wedding. He and his wife both were calm and cool despite my hysteria.
    From readings to microphones, he has a very professional setup. I am very happy with our choice and would highly recommend Stoddard.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Jesse · Married on 06/24/2017

Do yourself a favor and, before messaging any other Justice of the Peace, ask Stoddard if he's available. This is your wedding and you've got approximately a million things to concern yourself with so make the ceremony one less thing to worry about.

We met with Stoddard at his home a few months before our ceremony where he outlined different ideas and divided the wedding ceremony into different segments, making it so simple to get an idea of how it would all flow together. We also told him a little about ourselves so he could personalize our ceremony to us. After some exchanges via email we had our ceremony customized to what we wanted and then Stoddard went to work creating our personalized script. At the rehearsal Stoddard ran the show; walking everyone in the wedding through the entire ceremony. The day of the wedding he came about an hour before to set himself up and make sure everyone knew what they were supposed to be doing. Unsurprisingly, everything went exactly according to plan. Dealing with professionals is a great feeling.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Jennifer · Married on 06/17/2017

We are so happy that we chose Stodd to be the JP for our wedding! Our ceremony was beautiful and he made it so easy for us to choose the vows! I highly recommend using Stodd for your wedding!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Calvin · Married on 06/17/2017

Stoddard officiated our wedding in June. He met with us before when we got engaged and spent over an hour learning about our relationship and story. The ceremony felt incredible personal and very much "us". He also knew how to set up the audio system very nicely for our venue. Very reasonable rates as well. So happy he helped us celebrate the big day.

Sent on 08/12/2017

Dani · Married on 06/17/2017

Where to begin.. a year and a half ago my husband Joe and I met Stoddard & his wife Kai at their home in Littleton. I knew when I spoke with him prior to our meeting he was going to be the person to marry us. But it wasn't until we left his house that I realized why. It felt like home, and we couldn't imagine anyone else standing with us as we said our I Do's. The next few month's the three of us created what became our favorite day yet. It was beautiful, from beginning to end, the ceremony touched each guest in a way that left them complimenting how much closer they felt to us in those moments. Through out planning a wedding, it is easy to forget that the ceremony is a very intimate part of the wedding. The details usually go in the reception that follows... but for us, the ceremony was personalized and made the day memorable.

Sent on 05/06/2018
    Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado 8
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/04/2017

Stoddard was truly amazing - he is very gifted in making you feel like he has know you for years. Our guests could not say enough nice things about our ceremony & how great he was. I am grateful to him for making our day even more special - it was the perfect ceremony.

Sent on 06/14/2017

mary · Married on 05/28/2017

We were very happy working with Stoddard all through the process of getting to know each other, forming the details of the ceremony and the actual day of the event. We greatly appreciated his flexibility and all the options he provided in terms of parts of the ceremony. He added impressions of his own that were candid and brought forth a smile and laugh from all! I highly recommend Stoddard, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Vicki · Married on 05/20/2017

My fiancé and I initially had a difficult time finding the right officiant for our non-denominational ceremony but as soon as we found Stoddard, any worries about the flow or structure of our ceremony were abated. Stoddard has a way with words. He took the time to meet with us in person to get to know us, which allowed him to add his own remarks that made our ceremony all the more personal. He recommended beautiful readings, giving us many choices, and provided options for the structure of the ceremony that were much appreciated (we had no clue what we were doing). I really appreciated his responsiveness and suggestions throughout. His delivery on our wedding day was perfect, including his own advice from his marriage of 30+ years, and as with many other couples that have Stoddard as their officiant, we received many compliments from guests about how touching our ceremony was. Thank you Stoddard!!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/12/2017

Stoddard did an amazing job as the Justice of Peace for my Wedding from start to finish! I know Stoddard personally from my past and one of the first things I did after getting engaged was contact him about doing my wedding ceremony. With a prior career of teaching English, I knew his words would be amazing! My now husband and I met with him about a year before our wedding and he lead us into designing our own wedding ceremony, choosing exactly what we wanted from readings to blessings/ length/ format/ etc. The day of our rehearsal dinner our function coordinator was unable to make it, but Stoddard took charge. Leading us through the typical structure of the ceremony at our venue. He even gave us photo tips, such as how to place the ring on appropriately. The day of our wedding, the ceremony was absolutely perfect! His personal remarks from our prior interview were on point and hilarious! He had all of our family and friends laughing during the ceremony. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding ceremony because of Stoddard! And I cannot say enough great things about him!

Sent on 05/18/2017

Sarah · Married on 04/29/2017

Stoddard is absolutely wonderful at his job. We found Stoddard while searching online, and after a few emails knew he would be perfect to officiate our wedding. We met Stoddard and his wife Ky at their home and had a really nice morning together going over our relationship and our wedding. Stoddard followed up with a number of extremely helpful resources to put together our ceremony. Stoddard understood exactly what we were looking for, and made it really easy to put together a ceremony that was unique and personal to us. He is always quick with communication, and his responses are always helpful and thoughtful.

Stoddard arrived early for both the rehearsal and the wedding, and got to meet some of our family, which was a really nice personal touch. He was so helpful during the rehearsal, clearly explaining the whole process and putting us at ease. When it came time for our wedding, we knew we were in great hands with Stoddard, and he did a masterful job. We have received so many compliments from our guests about the ceremony, and we simply could not have put it together without Stoddard. His piece that he wrote about our relationship was perfect- it was personal and funny, and we loved it. His delivery and speaking style were fantastic. It really could not have been a more perfect ceremony.

We cannot thank Stoddard enough for marrying us. Any couple who works with Stoddard is very fortunate; he is simply the best.

Sent on 05/21/2017

Amber · Married on 04/22/2017

We can't imagine having anyone better than Stoddard officiating for us. From our initial inquiry to our consult to our ceremony on our wedding day, he was responsive, attentive and courteous. He worked with us to provide the exact experience that we wanted and was patient with us as we made our decisions. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him

Sent on 04/27/2017

Manny · Married on 04/21/2017

We couldn't have been happier with the decision to have Stoddard perform our ceremony. Stoddard was amazing from our initial meeting on. He helped us customize our ceremony to be unique to us. He is extremely professional and has a calming presence about him that is sincere and genuine. Choosing anyone else to perform your ceremony would be a mistake!

Sent on 05/14/2017

stacy · Married on 03/25/2017

Stoddard was an amazing JP to work with from the start. Our first meeting with him was about an hour or so and he asked us about our lives from the day we met up until that moment. He used that information not only to make recommendations on our ceremony but also to make it unique to us. We got many compliments from guests after the ceremony and they all said the same thing, that our JP did a wonderful job and they loved that it wasn't a cookie cutter ceremony. We highly recommend him to anyone getting married in Massachusetts.

Sent on 04/06/2017

Laura · Married on 03/19/2017

We were told that we had the most beautiful ceremony guests had ever seen, and I know it was Stoddard that made that happen! I HIGHLY recommend him.

Sent on 03/30/2017

Kim · Married on 03/17/2017

Stoddard is awesome. He was very professional and flexible throughout the whole process. He met with us beforehand to help us understand how the ceremony could run and he gave us a lot of options to really customize it. He then asked us about our story and wrote a piece we didn't hear until the ceremony and it was perfect. We are lighthearted people and he was able to convey that in our ceremony, it was personal and perfect. A lot of our guests told us how great he was and how the ceremony was actually entertaining to watch. We couldn't be more happy with our choice. Thank you Stoddard.

Sent on 04/12/2017

angela · Married on 01/21/2017

As soon as we met Stoddard we knew we had found our JP for our wedding. His calm and welcoming demeanor put us right at ease and helped us to feel instantly connected with him. He has a plethora of ideas for the ceremony and vows, and was so helpful throughout the whole process. We had so many compliments on how personalized and beautiful our ceremony was. We would definitely recommend Stoddard to any couple!

Sent on 02/01/2017

Natalie · Married on 01/14/2017

My husband and I are very happy that we chose Stoddard to officiate our wedding. Stoddard did an amazing job and made our ceremony truly special.

Sent on 02/05/2017