Marys Lake Lodge Reviews

49 | Estes Park, CO

49 Reviews for Marys Lake Lodge

Rebecca · Married on 03/24/2018

Bride, do yourself a favor and don't look any further! Book them, stat!
    Jessica and Annaleigh and their ENTIRE team were absolutely amazing. I felt like they had everything handled, and I didn't have to worry about a thing...which is a miracle for a Bride leading up to and on her wedding day! A small hiccup happened with the table cloth linens (totally my fault because I changed the color without seeing the fabric physically), and when I got there I didn't like the color I changed it to. I told my two girls, and they told me they would handle it. I didn't even question whether or not they could fix it for us.
    All of our guests were able to stay on site, which was fantastic and made the reception/partying that much more fun :) The venue setting is unreal, and the photos are amazing! The bridal suite we used to get ready was perfect for the 5 of us and our makeup/hair vendors. My family stayed in the 4BR lodge haus, so if you have a large wedding party or family, that's the perfect spot for you!
    I was constantly emailing them with questions, and they were quick to reply. My husband and I are vegan, and the chef created a brand new vegan menu for us for our day, and everyone loved the food! John, our personal server, was on point the whole night, making sure we had a drink in our hand and that our bellies were full.
    The Mary's Lake Lodge team made our day so incredibly special, and our plan is to go back to celebrate our anniversary next year. That's how much we enjoyed our stay :)
    Thank you Jessica and Annaleigh and the whole team for an amazing experience!

Sent on 03/31/2018

Hillary · Married on 04/22/2017

The staff at Mary's Lake Lodge was absolutely amazing! My (now husband) and I walked in on a whim to check out the place and Annaleigh took the time to show us around and tell us about wedding options. We ended up booking that day and 8 months later we had our beautiful wedding up there. The place and the surrounding area is gorgeous! The staff is incredibly accommodating and made our day so very special. Everyone there is so nice and worked with us to make our big day something from a dream!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Lea is one of the most helpful ladies I have ever met. She was able to answer every question that my fiance and I had, and then some. I'd recommend her and this venue to all of my friends that are getting married!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Jennifer · Married on 06/27/2016

I couldn't have imagined a more perfect venue for our wedding day than Mary's Lake Lodge! Ashley was so amazing throughout the whole planning process. She coordinated everything the day of the wedding which made it all stress-free and easy. We had a destination wedding so about 60 of our closest family and friends stayed at the resort the entire weekend of the wedding. Everyone commented on how beautiful it was and they all had the best time! Thanks for everything!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Rachel · Married on 05/02/2015

I can not say enough great things about Ashley and all the staff at Marys Lake Lodge! We had an amazing wedding and they made it possible. From the very beginning with just looking at the venue we fell in love with it, the views are some of the best in Estes, especially for a wedding! it was so great to have everything in one place and they really do cover everything from catering it with their delicious food, providing all the linens in every color imaginable and they had just put a new bar in the Grand Room which looked so nice! Our guests (whom all came from out of state) had an amazing time and want to go back to stay again next year. This was a destination wedding for us so all the planning was done from afar and Ashley was great about putting my mind at ease with everything. She was also our Day of Coordinator and it doesn't get any better than her! Any and every little detail we needed done she made it happen, helped keep us and our wedding party organized at all times and made sure we all had everything we needed throughout the whole ceremony, pictures and into the reception. She goes above and beyond for you and so does the staff! I can guarantee you won't find a better more accommodating wedding venue. Thank you so much Ashley and everyone at Marys Lake Lodge, we will be back to celebrate our 1 year anniversary!

Sent on 05/17/2015
  • J & D

Jamie · Married on 04/25/2015

I cannot say enough about Ashley and her team. She was more than helpful with answering questions, getting things done with changes in the weather, and communicating with me. She's so much fun! Her and her team were always smiling and so caring. The service was amazing (the small things count so much) and there were so many great comments on the actual venue itself! It's small, cozy, rustic, and beautiful. The bartender was also very helpful and fun. He is always great to talk to and he is very knowledgeable about what he mixes up. He made a special cocktail that the guests loved...perfect for spring. I can't thank Ashley, Heidi, and the rest of the crew enough. They were more than hospitable and friendly. We are so happy that we chose this venue.

On another note, we can't thank the chef enough. He truly made the wedding food amazing. The guests were raving about how awesome the food was. From dinner and breakfast, you can tell he is not an ordinary chef. He puts a lot of his passion in his cooking. The guests could tell that he was not just your average chef to cater a wedding. He put a lot of great ingredients into his menu. I cannot wait to go back up there and eat and drink there again! Thank you so much! Your food is delicious. I'm glad that they have some new people running the place. You can tell the difference!

Sent on 04/28/2015

Jennifer · Married on 03/28/2015

This venue is so simplistically beautiful. We wanted something pretty and nice but not too over the top where we couldn't be our selves and have a blast. This is exactly what we found in marys lake lodge. We were blessed with the opportunity to have an outdoor wedding in March (after planning for an indoor) and the view is breathtaking. I feel so thankful for all Ashley and her team did to help plan, organize and execute a phenomenal wedding day. We had a large wedding in the grand room and she went above and beyond to make it happen for us, moving tables, squeezing in cake tables, etc, etc. The Italian buffet was very tasty and definitely above and beyond the standard wedding food. All of our family and friends got to stay on the premise and have a mountain holiday, it was truly wonderful. Thanks for such a beautiful day, a grand memory and magical start to life with my husband. We are forever grateful.

Sent on 09/06/2015

Mary · Married on 12/13/2014

Best place for Estes Park wedding, my sister got married at the stanly & there were 3 other weddings that day & people sneaking into her open bar. We were the only wedding at marys lake lodge & the only guest on the property, perfect for a wedding of 120 because we rented majority of the units so the whole place was ours all weekend long. The staff could not be more friendly & helpful. Received many compliments on how nice the rooms were. The lodge let me do pretty much whatever I wanted, I had a hot coco bar for guest as they arrived & marys lake lodge let me bring in everything my self to save money, same with the smores bar for the rehearsal dinner. Everyone said it was so nice as we had everything at the lodge, the rehearsal, wedding, reception, farewell brunch so no one has to drive once they arrived. Everything was very reasonably priced. Highly recommend this venue & no need for a wedding planner, Ashley, Heidi, chef Allen & bartender Brain make everything awesome! Ashley & heidi always responded to me within days & I booked them 18 months out & emailed at least once a week, very awesome! I am not the easiest to please & can not say 1 bad thing about marys lake lodge. Chef Allen makes the best food, everything was fresh & tastes great, everyone raved about how delicious the buffet was which is usually hard with 120 but people were going back for 2nd (must put the salmon on the menu, I crave it) Brain makes the best signature cocktails & will make sure your guest are partying the night away with awesome bar service (a big part to any wedding) if you want to have an expensive mountain wedding at half the price have it at marys lake lodge very luxurious at a very reasonable price.

Sent on 12/28/2014

Could not have been a more perfect venue. All the family got to stay on property and no one had to drive around. Everything was right there for us all weekend. PERFECT WEDDING!!!

Sent on 02/16/2015

Ashley was excellent to work with, Heather executed the evening very nicely, staff was polite/attentive and the venue was excellent for a destination wedding!

Sent on 07/29/2014
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 07/05/2014

This was the best place to have a reception in Estes Park! All of our guests loved the venue, and everything went smoothly! Ashley (wedding coordinator) is fantastic. Wouldn't have our reception anywhere else!

Sent on 08/10/2014

Katie · Married on 05/25/2013

We found Mary's Lake Lodge over a year before our wedding. We would show up unannounced just to look around the grounds and never once were we made to feel like pests. Ashley is so friendly and will help you with anything. The food is unbelievable, all of our guests kept telling us that the food was wonderful...too bad we didn't get to try a lot of it. (It is true, you don't get to eat a lot.) The place does not need a lot of décor as the building is beautiful and the views are stunning. We picked this spot because I am originally from Alaska and it reminded me of home. The staff is very nice, we even crashed the Tavern Bar for pictures and they didn't mind at all. We weren't wanting to spend the average $30k on our wedding and Mary's definitely help us with that. They are so affordable you are always wondering when are the extras going to be added in...but they never are. If you chose to get married here, you will have the best day ever and your guests will always remember the spot. Just beautiful. Our wedding was about 90 people and had plenty of room. We were able to use the deck as extra space which was awesome because we had such a nice day. Pick Mary's Lake and you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/31/2013

Tanya · Married on 02/09/2013

This venue is the BEST. Everything from the staff to the food was perfect. Using this venue would make your dream wedding come true.

Sent on 02/12/2013

We loved this venue!! Ashley and her team were amazing!! They made our big wedding day even more special than we could have imagined!! Our guests loved the accommodations as did we and they had such a variety as far as size and price range to choose from!! They made sure to go out of their way to provide every last little thing we requested and very attentive to detail!! The food was delicious and extremely affordable!! Thanks to all involved at Marys Lake Lodge!!

Sent on 10/23/2012

I work for a luxury car company and can quickly recognize when I'm receiving amazing service. The wedding staff at Mary's Lake Lodge delivered luxury service. They were attentive, patient, kind and respectful. They made us feel special and I will never forget that. Ashley and her team are well experienced and their skills are more than trustworthy. It's important for a bride to trust their venue and it was such a relief to know Ashley and her team were running the show.

The food was fantastic and the location beautiful! The banquet room is great if you have no more than 100 guests. It's just enough room to feel intimate.

It is a lodge, which "lodge" is true to its name. My only recommendation for improvement is to update the facility in minor ways like add more sufficient lighting in the hotel rooms and suites and update the amenities to match the beautiful condos on the property.

Long story short, the outstanding service by Ashley and her team was a significant part in the success of our wedding day. For that, I will be forever loyal and thankful to Mary's Lake Lodge.

Sent on 10/14/2012

Kelli · Married on 06/30/2012

My husband and I had the most perfect wedding at Marys Lake Lodge! Ashley is great to work with and she made sure our every want was taken care of. The views are to die for and the setting is so romantic! I would highly recommend you speaking with Marys Lake Lodge if you are considering a venue for your special day!!

Sent on 07/16/2012
  • Desi

Desi · Married on 06/23/2012

This is where we had our reception. Beautiful!! Views are amazing! Food was delicious!! All of our guests were blown away by the food! I am very happy we chose mary's lake lodge!

Sent on 07/24/2012

Alanna · Married on 12/23/2011

Everything was so beautiful and so perfect! The entire staff really went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect! The wedding coordinator worked so hard during the entire planning phase (6 months) to ensure everything was exactly like we wanted! I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone! We loved the place so much, we are talking about renting one of their cabins for a week long getaway this summer!

The food for our reception was as outstanding as the venue itself, and everyone enjoyed it immensely! Our little granddaughter has a severe, potentially fatal nut allergy, and the chef and entire kitchen staff went out of their way to keep her safe so that we could all enjoy the evening. There aren't enough words to express appreciation for that!

Sent on 01/04/2012

Josh · Married on 09/25/2011

We had our wedding at Mary's Lake Lodge, and they provided everything we needed and more. The Forever Garden was left completely open to us for whenever we needed and we were received with a level of professionalism that is truly rare these days.

The area is beautiful and the price is reasonable compared to other Estes Park venues. I would definitely recommend having your special day here.

Sent on 10/06/2011

Lauren · Married on 08/05/2011

Marys Lake Lodge is the perfect place for a mid sized wedding with the rustic feel to it. Ashley is the best coordinator an bride could ask for, always there for you, answer questions, even be there for your wedding day to make it all go smoothly. The food was to die for and cleans plates all around with the best praises to the chef. Spectacular view and food, what else do you need for the perfect wedding.

Sent on 08/19/2011
  • Cassie

Cassie · Married on 05/29/2010

Mary's Lake Lodge did such an amazing job at making our wedding and welcome dinner run smoothly. Even after our ceremony musician showed up an hour late, they found a guitarist who was willing to come in and play for us. I cannot thank Mary's Lake Lodge enough for all of the hard work they did for our wedding weekend!

Their food was AMAZING! Both for the Pasta Buffet Welcome Dinner and the four-course meal for our reception we received many complements. Thank you Mary's Lake Lodge!

Sent on 05/31/2010

Kimberly · Married on 08/20/2015

We couldn't have picked a more beautiful venue than this! Ashley was great from the time we booked the venue to the wedding day. The food was excellent-we choose the BBQ menu, the staff was friendly, and the rooms were great.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Laura · Married on 09/06/2014

My husband and I got married at Marys Lake Lodge in September- ceremony and reception. The venue itself is gorgeous, I had a lot of family come in from Wisconsin and they could not get enough of the views and wildlife roaming about. It’s not in the middle of town either so it afforded a bit more privacy and space. Ashley, Heidi and their team are very helpful and responsive and Ashley worked with us to keep various things in the budget. The tasting they arranged beforehand was amazing- delicious food, we got to sample the microbrews and the chef came out to talk to us and make sure everything was as we wanted. The main hall doesn't need a lot of decoration because of the woodwork and fireplace, nor does the ceremony site with the natural area and surrounding views. We had a wonderful day and highly recommend Marys Lake to anyone looking for a beautiful but affordable wedding. We are very excited to have a wonderful anniversary getaway option every year!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Jade · Married on 08/15/2010

I just had my wedding at MLL and I was absolutely thrilled with the quality of service. Karen was very helpful assisting us during several trips to the site prior to the wedding, Janet was so wonderful the day of, and all the waitresses during the reception were so friendly and so flexible. We had a Sunday brunch and everything ( prime rib, belgian waffles, eggs bendict..) was delicious. The money was well spent here, and they were fairly priced. They were all very professional and followed through with everything.
    My family also stayed at one of the lodges that sleeps 10-12 and it was very nicely furnished, complete with a full kitchen. The whole lodge made for wonderful pictures. I can't say enough, it was wonderful to have nothing to worry about the day of the wedding.

Sent on 09/16/2010

Kelly · Married on 06/27/2009

This place was definately worth the cost. They were extremely flexible when we were running late with the photographer. They were able to keep the food warm and serve it as soon as we arrived. They cleaned up people's plates promptly. The food was amazing and the best part was the views from everywhere.

Sent on 06/28/2009