Mary Harris Events Reviews

35 | Princeton, NJ

35 Reviews for Mary Harris Events

Melissa · Married on 06/14/2013

Mary Harris was an absolute pleasure to work with! She made my wedding experience much easier being I had baby to care for as well as plan a wedding! I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/02/2013

Mary's tremendous attention to detail, warm calm professionalism, and great recommendations on vendors made the celebration all that we had hoped it might be. Phaedra was a pleasure to work with as well. I can’t think of anything we’d have done differently, or could improve upon. Food and flowers, tent and table setting, DJ and band and uplighting and the candy station color-coded to match the overall look of the event -- all were truly spectacular. One guest (a professor of art history) tweeted that the wedding had “the glamour of Gatsby, and the depth of Karamazov.”
    I look forward to seeing Zlatko’s photos (this one is from my father in law) to document more fully the amazing, joyful day --and also to seeing how the Wedit service goes, for video.

-Eleanor

Sent on 08/08/2013

Joanna · Married on 05/25/2013

Mary helped with planning, flowers, and most importantly day-of coordination for my wedding in Glen Ridge. She is extremely professional, has great taste and clearly loves her job. The day-of coordination was absolutely seamless, I cannot imagine a better day or better person to manage it. My husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Whatever your style she makes sure the day goes how you want! For planning she was also very helpful, and flexible - my husband and I live in London and were planning from a distance on a short time frame, she helped make it all work and fun. She also helped with a stressful dress situation where I wasn't getting the service expected from the store I ordered from, she stepped in and the store's service did a 180 turn - Mary worked her magic! Such a positive experience and I recommend her without hesitation.

Sent on 07/14/2013

Mariesa · Married on 08/04/2012

August Princeton Wedding

Mary Harris made both the planning of the wedding and the wedding day itself a joy! I don't know of many brides that can say that they actually enjoyed planning the wedding, but I did because my husband and I didn't feel stressed as we knew that we had Mary to help us every step of the way. Hiring Mary Harris to help with the wedding planning was my wedding gift to myself. It was the best gift I could have given myself and I know my husband would say the same. We are just SO GRATEFUL for everything Mary did to make the whole experience so wonderful. During the wedding day I never looked at my watch because I knew Mary was there to make sure everything went as smoothly as possible. She thought of things that my husband and I would have never thought of (like bringing little fans and water bottles for all the guests during the ceremony while they sat in the HOT chapel). She made us both feel relaxed and at ease through the whole process. The last thing that I wanted was to strain my relationship with husband during our engagement because I was stressed and anxious about the wedding. This never happened thanks to Marry. Thanks to Mary my husband and I were able to focus on our relationship and preparing for a life together rather than getting caught up in the million things that need to be done for the wedding day. Mary Harris is FANTASTIC! She's absolutely 5 STARS!

Sent on 09/10/2012

Dana · Married on 10/15/2011

While we hired Mary for day of coordination, she was a delightful and calming presence throughout the wedding planning process. She was amazingly organized, prompt, and attentive, and despite a couple of small crises (such as a major detour en route to the venue), everyone commented on how smoothly the event flowed. Mary made sure all the quirky details were executed to perfection and that we didn't have to worry about a thing.

My mom and I are both incredibly grateful for Mary's expertise. I'd highly recommend her; she's the best!

Sent on 11/01/2011

Paisley · Married on 10/15/2011

Mary was wonderful to work with while planning our wedding. She had so many ideas that helped us figure out how we wanted that day to be. And, her calm demeanor helped keep us relaxed as well. Every detail was attended to, and everything went off with out a hitch. We couldn't have done it without her!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Michelle · Married on 09/28/2013

We hired Mary as a day-of coordinator for our wedding in late September and couldn't have been happier with our decision. She was extremely detail-oriented and ensured the day went off without a hitch. Mary was always accessible to us and our guests, yet she managed to work her magic behind the scenes to make sure everything flowed perfectly. We really didn't worry about a thing and were able to enjoy every moment of our wedding day. Thanks for everything, Mary!

Sent on 11/24/2013
  • User4471998 · 2+ years ago

We ended up needing a lot of help with our wedding. We were able to do whatever we wanted with our venue but that meant a lot of vendors and a lot coordination. Mary was great during entire process. She knows all of the local vendors and is realistic about what to expect throughout the entire process. One of her greatest strengths is bringing your vision to life. I knew I could trust her taste and was comfortable and confident going into our wedding weekend.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Mary was a great help in planning and coordinating our wedding! We did not use her for the entire planning process, but when we had a problem with our caterer, she stepped in and took care of business. During planning she was attentive, but gave us our own space.
    On the day of, she brought an assistant. Both Mary and her assistant, Shannon, were amazing! Somehow, when we needed them they would almost magically appear, but they disappeared when we didn't need them.
    I would hire Mary again in a heartbeat and would recommend her to anyone who is planning a wedding.

Sent on 06/29/2016
  • I

Ilana · Married on 09/21/2013

3.5
      3.5

Mary Harris worked with my mom and I to plan a rustic fall wedding at Tranquility Horse Farms in Chester, NJ. We came to Mary after we realized how much coordination was needed for various vendors, as the venue itself didn't provide many things and we had to bring everything in piece-meal. Mary did an amazing job of easing all of our concerns, coordinating with all of our vendors so everything ran smoothly, and making sure myself or the bridal party wasn't answering any questions or putting out fires the day and night of the wedding. We had an amazing night and everything went as I hoped it would! Strongly recommend Mary, particularly if your venue requires more coordination as ours did.

Sent on 01/10/2014