Marvin Tevaga Music Reviews

Marvin Tevaga Music 5
Marvin Tevaga Music 6
  • I

Ingrid · Married on 06/29/2013

Marvin played at our wedding in Maui Hawaii. He is truly a talented musician with an amazing voice.
    I would highly recommend him for any event!! He was amazing!

Sent on 07/15/2013

Marvin Tevaga Music's reply:

Thank you for you kind words of Aloha!

Paris · Married on 06/26/2013

Marvin is an incredible musician!!! We enjoyed him at our friends' wedding immensely!!! So talented!!

Thank you! Thank you!!

Erin and Rodney · Married on 06/25/2013

Marvin played at our private wedding on Tuesday 25 June. We were extremely happy with the service that was provided. Marvin's music is outstanding, watching the YouTube video's are great but hearing his music in person was amazing. We would highly recommend.

Marvin Tevaga Music's reply:

You folks were amazing as well! Mahalo!

Courtney · Married on 06/20/2013

Marvin was absolutely amazing! We loved his voice so much that we had him fly over to Oahu to be our musician for our wedding! Marvin was absolutely professional and flexible considering he had to wait for awhile for the rain to subside during our wedding. We were so lucky to have him agree to be our musician! We even were able to see him perform once we were on his home island of Maui after our wedding.

Sent on 10/05/2014

Danielle · Married on 06/16/2013

We love working with Marvin! We are so fortunate to have him as one of our favorite musicians for events. He has played for weddings, vow renewals, birthdays, anniversaries, and group dinners. Everyone falls in love with him right away. I know that when I recommend Marvin I will have happy guests.

Sent on 06/21/2013

Heather · Married on 06/13/2013

Marvin was wonderful! We really enjoyed having him play at our wedding. I loved the ukelele and his voice was amazing but the best part was the song my mom and I had both secretly requested for each other that Marvin learned for us. He really made it special.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Jillian · Married on 05/30/2013

Marvin was absolutely perfect for my laid back wedding at Merrimans Kapalua. He played during our ceremony and cocktail hour and everyone there was loving all the songs he played! He was even able to take a couple requests from me prior to the wedding for special songs to play during the ceremony. All of my guests couldn't stop raving about how perfect his music was for a Maui wedding. Marvin is not only a great musician with an amazing voice, but he is friendly and professional. As a bonus, he even gave me a CD of his music before he left for the evening.

Sent on 06/21/2013

Marvin is very professional in his field. He replied on a timely manner and addressed our concerns well. We hired him as a musician for our wedding ceremony and his voice was amazing! Thank you Marvin for being one of the best vendors we've had to deal with on one of the most hectic days of our lives!

Sent on 06/13/2013

Megan · Married on 04/23/2013

I was so lucky to have Marvin perform at my April 2013 destination wedding at Merriman's in Maui. I watched some of Marvin's youtube videos and knew that he would be perfect to perform for my ceremony and during my cocktail hour. His singing and ukulele was absolutely beautiful. It was so romantic to walk down the aisle to his performance. He really did convey the love that my husband and I felt during those moments. Not only that, but he kept our guests entertained while taking group photos and during our cocktail hour. I was so disappointed that my husband and I weren't able to see him perform as much since we had to leave and take wedding photos. My guests could not stop gushing about how great he was. He truly made our day memorable!

Thanks so much, Marvin!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Emily · Married on 02/20/2013

Marvin was a fantastic musician at our wedding and we would not hesitate to recommend him to others. I had a picture in my mind of a ukelele player singing Jack Johnson and Jason Mraz as we walked down the aisle, and during cocktail hour, and our wedding planner Cherise (Perfect Wedding Maui) suggested him. I'm so glad she did! He did such a beautiful job and we received many compliments from our guests.

Sent on 08/30/2013

Angela · Married on 02/08/2013

I booked Marvin through Danielle, the event coordinator at Merriman's in Kapalua to play during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. We met on the wedding day and everyone LOVED his music! Me and my guests probably sang along to most of his songs. He was a pleasure to work with and a very sweet guy! Thank you so much Marvin!

Sent on 02/26/2013

Lindsay · Married on 08/24/2012

Marvin was an excellent addition to our wedding. The music he played during our wedding ceremony was beautiful and he is also a great singer. It was really above and beyond what I had expected.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Ronald · Married on 07/21/2012

Absolutely amazing performance at our wedding. We still get comments about him today, yes my review is 6 years late, but better late than never.

Sent on 08/02/2018

jaclyn · Married on 06/16/2012

Marvin is the man!!! I would definitely recommend him! Planning a destination wedding isn't all that easy unless you are working with a professional and outstanding musician like Marvin Tevega. On somewhat of a short notice, I asked him if he could sing a particular song for us that not many people may know or even know how to play. He agreed to play it. As I walked down the aisle all I could hear was a beautiful voice singing and the ukulele playing the melody to the song I had asked Marvin to sing. It was amazing!! The way he sang it and the way he played it on the ukulele was PERFECT! It didn't end there….during the reception he knew exactly what kind of music we wanted him to play. Sure you can find other people on the island of Maui to play the ukulele. But I guarantee you, NONE of them will compare to Marvin Tevega! Check out some of his work on YouTube. You will definitely be impressed! We were extremely pleased with his work!

Sent on 06/11/2013

K · Married on 06/04/2012

We had the honor of having Marvin perform at our intimate 40 person wedding at a private estate in Kula, Maui. He played during the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, and even served as our MC. Words cannot adequately express how happy we were to have him and his beautiful and talented wife, Uilani as a part of our special day. They both have a warm, sincere and natural quality about them that fit perfectly with the atmosphere we wanted at our wedding, and their talent is first rate. They are genuinely nice people, and embody the aloha spirit of the islands. Marvin learned our first dance song, I Won't Give Up, and it was better than the original in my opinion (sorry, Jason Mraz!). He sings both Hawaiian songs as well as contemporary "top 40" songs, and puts his own special twist on them that makes each one sound unique and appropriate for a wedding in Maui. I grew up in Hawaii listening to Hawaiian music, so the last thing I wanted at my wedding was a cheesy wedding singer. I wanted someone with innate natural talent that sings from his heart, and that is precisely what we found in Marvin. I also didn't want to put our guests to sleep with someone who could only sing slow ballads, and this was not the case with Marvin. His renditions of Soul Sister (Train), I'm Yours (Mraz), Over the Rainbow/Wonderful world (IZ), and unbelievably, the hawaiian music spin on one of my favorite 90's hip hop songs, Summertime in the LBC (Dove Shack) were so, so good, and created an upbeat, fun atmosphere during the reception. Both my guests from Hawaii and my mainland guests kept on raving about how good Marvin was. We also booked Marvin's wife, Uilani for an hour of hula dancing. She is stunningly beautiful and graceful, and the love shared between them during their joint performance touched my heart. Uilani even gave a mini hula lesson to our guests! Her talent blew us all away – and the wedding was the night after we went to the Old Lahaina Luau with our guests. The one major regret I have about my wedding is not having a videographer to record Marvin's performance. If anyone out there uses him and wants to share, I would appreciate it so much! I could go on and on, but simply said, hiring Marvin and Uilani was the best decision we made for our wedding. I can’t believe we found them through a YouTube search of wedding musicians in Maui, but I guess some things just are meant to be. I hope to have the honor of hearing Marvin sing live again the next time my husband and I are in Maui. He plays at some of the local venues on island, so the first thing on my vacation agenda will be to find where he is playing so that we can relive the magic of our wedding day. Mahalo nui loa, Marvin and Uilani!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Debbie · Married on 02/12/2012

Marvin was my ukelele player for my reception. He played in a duo with a guitar player (sorry I don't remember the other name)
    His voice is incredible. Marvin has some great YouTube videos to check out.
    He should singing and playing full time and recording CD's for sure!
    He supplied a song list prior to the wedding so I got to pick all my favourites. Loved him!
    He was booked through the wedding planner at Royal Lahaina Resort so I don't have personal contact information for him.

Sent on 04/10/2012

Kevin · Married on 03/05/2011

Marvin is a wonderful performer with a voice like I've never heard before. Authentic Hawaiian style and sound. When you hear him play and sing you could swear it is a recording with a full sound system but it just Marvin in the corner with his ukulele filling the room with warm beautiful sounds of Hawaii.

We come find him now every time we come to Hawaii...he is usually playing somewhere!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Marvin Tevaga Music's reply:

Thank you so much bro! I cant wait to see you and your Ohana again. Take care my friend!

Mischler · event on: 10/11/2017

One year ago, my sister married in Maui, accompanied by the wonderful and touching music of Marvin.
    His performance at the wedding found a big place in her heart and over the whole last year she raved about it.
    On my request, Marvin recorded a personal videomessage for their anniversary.
    After receiving the video, I can finally understand my sister (they married without family, just the two of them) and I'm just HAPPY and thankful for his work.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Jonathan · event on: 07/14/2015

Amazing! Can't wait to use Marvin again! Thanks again!

Sent on 02/23/2016

Jonathan · event on: 07/14/2015

Amazing! Can't wait to use Marvin again! Thanks again!

Sent on 02/23/2016

Mischler

On my request, Marvin recorded a personal videomessage for their anniversary.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Cheryl · Married on 09/29/2012

Marvin's music helped make the ambiance of our wedding perfect. My new husband and I got married at Merriman's out on the deck as the sunset with Marvin's music playing in the background. Our friends and family who came from around the world loved his music and his charm. How can one ever have a more perfect wedding?

Sent on 07/08/2013

Marvin Tevaga was an amazing performer. I received so many compliments at my wedding about his talent. Couldn't think of anyone else who would have made the day so special.

Sent on 09/02/2014

Sue · Married on 06/26/2013

Marvin played ukelele and sang at our wedding reception at Gannon's. He was so easy to work with, arrived on time, and all of our guests were raving about how fabulous he was. I discovered him from a post on my photographer's FB page (thank you, Anna Kim), went searching and found a youtube video of Marvin singing, I instantly fell in love with his voice and knew he would be perfect for our evening and was typing an email to him before the first song was even halfway done playing. It really made our reception so much more personable to have a live music carrying us through the evening. His website has a list of songs that he plays and I was able to email him my preferences of which songs I wanted (or didn't want) and let him pick what he played from that list, he was willing to do song requests of something not on his list if we had a special song to play, but there were so many songs on his list that we loved, and a great variety of country, hawaiian and contemporary, that I didn't need to request anything that wasn't on his list. It was a surprise for my new husband (he thought we were going to use a playlist from our iPod), as we walked in I told him to listen well and soak up Marvin singing and playing for us tonight because this guy is going to be famous someday! I had originally hired him to play just for one hour, but changed my mind and asked him to play for three hours for most of the reception time, great decision on my part! Through conversations, emails and connecting with him before, during and after the event, my new husband and I were both struck by how much we could tell that he is a genuinely kind, thoughtful and very meaningful person, the world needs more good men like Marvin! We are already planning a return trip to celebrate our anniversary and want to have Marvin come play for just the two of us for a romantic dinner together! It was money well spent and I think I would hire him again in a heartbeat for any occasion in Hawaii!

Marvin Tevaga Music's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much for a great evening! I really enjoyed performing for you folks and especially seeing the surprise on your hubbys face when he walked in. I also enjoyed playing for you while you danced Hula for him. Special moments! Mahalo again!!!!
    Marvin

Adam · Married on 06/03/2013

Marvin was amazing for our beach wedding. He knew exactly how to make our special day a musical delight. He was extremely flexible with song selection and didn't really require a whole lot of coordination on the wedding day. Wouldn't have picked anyone else.

Sent on 06/12/2013