Marvin Tevaga Music Reviews

Marvin Tevaga Music 4
Marvin Tevaga Music 5
Marvin Tevaga Music 6

Krystle · Married on 06/10/2015

We had the honor of having Marvin play for our wedding ceremony and part of our reception (cocktail hour, and the first hour of dinner). We are a couple from San Francisco, so all we knew of Marvin was from what we saw on YouTube and the internet - which basically is all amazing!! We fell in love with his voice the most out of the many performers we found online, and booked him as soon as we started wedding planning! The only complaint (if any) is that we felt like we communicated with two different people (he has someone else who handles his bookings through email, but we also privately talked to him via phone or Facebook). That felt somewhat redundant at times, but not a big deal. We relied on the list that was on his website for song choice, but Marvin was also very open with conversation about songs he knew or was willing to learn. In the end, we asked Marvin to learn two songs for our ceremony (since it was in a Catholic Church, they were strict about song choices). When he played for our reception, he was just as amazing if not MORE amazing in person as he is online in his videos - we didn't give him a playlist because anything he played was a hit! Our guests RAVED about him, recorded him, asked about him.. and still do! He really set the tone for our evening! Definitely one of the best investments we made in all our planning! We like to think he's now a good friend of ours :) Book Marvin! You won't regret it!!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Ericka · Married on 04/18/2015

We were so happy to have Marvin play at our wedding! We didn't use a wedding planner for any part of our wedding. (Our wedding was very private with only 2 witnesses) Prior to the wedding, he was great about keeping in touch with us, and even contacted us the morning of the wedding to confirm his arrival. He was absolutely wonderful! We only wish we got to spend more time with him, but we had to leave soon after the ceremony for pictures and dinner. We would highly recommend Marvin for any special occasion...he's worth it! Looking forward to seeing him again!! :)

Sent on 04/21/2015
  • User4971912 · 2+ years ago

Great musician for our wedding day! Provided wonderful music both before and after our short ceremony. Marvin has an extensive list of songs--both traditional/Hawaiian and current "mainstream" songs as well. HIGHLY recommended!

Sent on 04/13/2015

Riaz · Married on 04/11/2015

Marvin is a superstar. His music had our guests entertained and wanting more after the ceremony was done. Very reliable and such a memorable addition to our special day. His voice is amazing!

Sent on 12/06/2015

Andrea · Married on 04/02/2015

Marvin was simply amazing and his music is something people still talk about after our wedding. We had him play the wedding and following cocktail hour. It was a perfect accompaniment for the wedding entrance and an awesome way to exit. (Sunday Morning cover was perfect!). He played an amazing collection of classic Hawaiian songs and his popular covers. He actually sounds better in person then his YouTube video if you can believe it. I would highly recommend to book him for your wedding, as it was one of the best decisions for our whole wedding.

Sent on 05/24/2015

Nick · Married on 12/13/2014

There aren't words to describe how wonderful our experience with Marvin was. He performed at my wedding and was professional, friendly, prompt, reasonably price and did a fantastic job singing and playing at my wedding. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Nick

Sent on 01/05/2015

Dan · Married on 11/15/2014

Marvin Tevaga was awesome! I'm glad we went with his services and I wish I was able to listen to more of his performance at my wedding. At 5 Palms Restaurant, we weren't allowed to have amplified music during our ceremony. We booked Marvin based on seeing his youtube videos and saw that he can project his voice very beautifully. We would recommend Marvin to anyone! Fa'afetai Marvin!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Marvin was very friendly. He is professional and experienced. He asked us if a fast-paced or slow-paced is needed for our first dance song, and he just customized the song based on our pace to the perfect extent. That was very thoughtful. Not to mention, he has the most amazing voice on earth. His voice is divine. I highly recommended Marvin!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Erika · Married on 10/04/2014

Marvin Tevaga is the most talented and soulful ukelele musician in Hawaii! His music is absolutely beautiful and once I heard his rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", I immediately fell in love with his music and knew that was the song that I wanted to walk down the aisle to. All of our guests loved his ukelele music and beautiful vocals - they really helped to set such a calm, relaxing and happy tone at our wedding. We love his music so much that we are going to have our cinematographers incorporate his songs into our wedding video! We highly recommend Marvin Tevaga!!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Angie · Married on 10/01/2014

My wedding coordinator recommended Marvin by sending me a video link with him singing and when my husband and I heard his voice we were smitten.
    We had Marvin play at our ceremony as well as pre-reception drinks and my guests absolutely adored him - quite a few guests said that he was a highlight. Now I'm back home whenever I hear my ceremony song it makes me think of what a marvellous job Marvin did and the song has significant meaning for my husband and I because of how beautifully it was sung when I was walking down the aisle.

Sent on 11/11/2014

Phuong · Married on 09/27/2014

Marvin is simply amazing!!!! He has one of the most beautiful, soulful and angelic voices. He was one of the first vendors we booked for our wedding, because he was a must have on our wedding day. No other musician on the island compared to him. Loved all of his versatile music selection, and ALL of our guests raved about him!! They asked if he had a CD out, and that he should be famous! He helped create a memorable ambiance for our big day. Not only that, he is such a kind hearted person and great to work with. Marvin played over the rainbow for walking down the aisle...grab your tissues, he sounds better than the original artist. Our wedding would not have the same magical feel, if it wasn't for Marvin, and we are beyond fortunate to have Marvin be a part of our special day!

Sent on 10/03/2014

Marvin was excellent!!! Everyone enjoyed his music and he made our wedding truly special.

Sent on 09/13/2014

Marvin has a flawless voice. We had him play our ceremony and cocktail hour. We walked down the aisle to his version of somewhere over the rainbow, I get emotional thinking about it as it was magical. I highly recommendd Marvin, he is incredibly talented and really brought the aloha spirit alive.

Sent on 07/30/2014

Autumn · Married on 07/21/2014

My fiancé and I came across Marvin's webpage and after hearing his voice, we immediately agreed we needed Marvin to play at our wedding. His voice is absolutely beautiful and we received so many compliments from our guests. Mahalo Marvin for making our ceremony and cocktail hour so special!!!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Rj and Jennifer · Married on 06/22/2014

We heard Marvin's voice on youtube and immediately knew he was the one! His voice is purely amazing and he sounds even better in person! He is truly talented and definitely brings the aloha spirit! He definitely went above and beyond our expectations. He sang at the ceremony and during cocktail hour for a total of 3 hours, but we really wish he could have stayed the whole night and serenaded to us during dinner too because we hardly got to hear him sing due to pictures. =( However, we are very happy that our family and friends got to enjoy him. They loved him and are still in awe of how talented he is. We wish we could do it all over again just to hear him sing more!

If you are considering Marvin, look no further. He will make your wedding unforgettable!

Mahalo, Marvin for being a part of our special day! We truly feel so blessed to have you serenade to us as we celebrate the beginning of the rest of our lives! We will be returning to Maui in January 2015 and really hope you'll be performing somewhere so we can come! =)

Sent on 09/21/2014

Audrey · Married on 06/14/2014

Marvin was WONDERFUL. We had him as our musician during the cocktail/dinner portion of our reception. He is so friendly, flexible, and genuinely enjoys what he does. His love for music, performing, and weddings truly shows in his performance! He can cover a huge range of genres and puts his own personal touch on the songs, and in a great way! We wish we could get married again so we could listen to him all over again!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Don & Kathie · Married on 06/12/2014

My husband and I renewed our 20 year wedding anniversary on June 12, 2014, on the island of Maui. Marvin sang while playing numerous songs on his ukelele, before, during, and after the ceremony. He was absolutely perfect for our informal beach gathering. We, as well as our 14 friends who attended, were blown away by his voice, presence and performance. Thank you Marvin for making our ceremony memorable and exactly what we desired. Donnie & Kathie Scholl

Sent on 10/05/2014

Aimee · Married on 03/20/2014

I hired Marvin through my wedding planner to play my ceremony music, cocktail hour music and first dance. We heard once song on youtube and it was an easy decision. His voice is melodic and soothing. He puts a great island spin on all his music and we loved that! We got so many compliments on his music and ukulele playing. My only regret is during cocktail hour I couldn't hear him because I was off taking pictures. You will love his music and so will your guests!

Sent on 04/16/2014

Lisa · Married on 02/14/2014

Marvin was jaw dropping knock your socks off amazing! The videos online absolutely do not do him justice! He has this soulful voice that is captivating, he preformed at my double twin wedding, he was absolutely phenomenal. The only regret that I have is that I didn't have him longer. He exceeded any expectations that we had I feel so blessed to have had the chance to use him. I will definitely be contacting him when we come back to Maui for our vow renewal. He gave our wedding an unforgettable touch, all of our guests were taken back by his talent. I would use him again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 03/01/2014

Marvin Tevaga Music's reply:

Thank you soooo much! The honor was all mine! My first twin wedding!! So awesome! The entire group made the night glow.
    Mahalo!

Cheryl · Married on 01/09/2014

It was very confusing when I began to plan my 25th vow renewal ceremony in Maui all the way from Michigan. I looked a many, many musicians and just wasn't sure what to do. That is until I came upon Marvin's website. The minute I heard his voice, I knew he was the one I needed to have sing at our beachside ceremony. His voice is amazing and he is really one of the nicest people I have ever met. He will work with you if songs that you would like are not on his song list, but he really does have a fantastic selection. He was on time, early actually, to our ceremony. I had chosen a package through a wonderful wedding planner and we already had our date chosen. When I found out Marvin wasn't available that day, we changed our date with the help of Deanne from Precious Maui Weddings. That's how strongly I felt about having Marvin sing for us and I wasn't sorry! He sounded just as wonderful on the beach as he did on his website. He was so kind and even stayed to play some songs for us as we had pictures taken since we had a very short ceremony. Please, if you are looking for a singer for your event, do yourself a favor and choose Marvin. He is wonderful

Sent on 02/21/2014

Marvin Tevaga Music's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I really enjoyed performing for you both and appreciate your genuine Aloha! Mahalo and I hope to see you both back in Maui for your Anniversary :)

Great musician, great voice and he learned a song just for our wedding!

Sent on 02/26/2014

Andrea · Married on 10/05/2013

Marvin Tevaga is a very friendly professional and talented performer. He has a beautiful voice and plays the ukulele just perfectly. He even learned our first dance song to make our day extra special! I am so thrilled he was a part of our wedding and he helped make it unforgettable!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Marvin Tevaga offers a wide variety of song options and his voice is amazing. Thank you for the beautful job you did at our wedding. :)

Sent on 09/26/2013
  • F

Felma · Married on 09/01/2013

I couldn't have asked for a better wedding musician and emcee... Marvin did an amazing job singing at our wedding ceremony as well as emceeing our entire reception. I've listened to his music for many years and knew that he was the perfect musician to sing us down the aisle. He listened to our ideas and provided us with suggestions on song selections. He is a very easy person to work with and always has the best interest of the bride and groom. It was such a stress-free evening for us. Marvin made sure the evening moved along smoothly without any incidents (if there were any, we were not aware of it), which really shows how much experience he has in the wedding industry as a musician and emcee/entertainer. I 100% highly recommend Marvin Tevaga to any couple getting married... it's one of the best decisions I've made for my wedding!!!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Karen · Married on 08/22/2013

Oh my goodness! All I can say is he is amazing. He has this amazingly sultry voice. I emailed him and asked if he could do a special song so I could surprise my fiancé. He did it and made my tough military husband cry. That's power. Thank you Marvin.

Sent on 11/01/2013