Martoca Weddings Reviews

80 | Puerto Vallarta, MX

80 Reviews for Martoca Weddings

• YogiMoo

Jessica · Married on 06/11/2017

Kelley and Martoca's team have created the wedding of my dream! I came across Martoca through random online search last year when I was blindly searching for a venue in Mexico and decided to go for it, and oh boy have I made the best decision. I live in the U.S., never visited Puerto Vallarta before signing the contract and getting there for my actual wedding, but everything turned out perfectly for me and with great value. I am a "staying on top of everything" type of bride, so I did get a little nervous when I didn't receive a response right away early in the process, but as the date got closer, Kelley was very responsive, we communicated every step of the way about what I envisioned along with inspirational photos. When I arrived at the venue on the big day, I was stunned by the beautiful set-up, it was everything I imagined to be. The wedding was perfect (though I lost some memory of latter part of the night...), I received so many compliments from my guests on how beautiful and fun the night was. I would recommend Martoca and Kelley to every couple who is still searching for that perfect venue.

Sent on 07/14/2017

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amiga Jessica thank you for taking a chance on Martoca Weddings! We know it is a very hard decision for brides to choose a venue and wedding designer online without actually seeing the venue and meeting our team in person. We know not many people can afford to come twice to Vallarta area; Either because of expenses or lack of time. So, thank you for trusting our Martoca Weddings team. And, of course amiga Jessica: You're welcome!-James

Rosa Laura · Married on 10/08/2011

Helllo! I got married here in October of 2011. And in all honestly this was the wedding of my dreams I never knew I wanted! And that’s because I never fantasized of how my wedding would be. I would describe myself as a flexible, yet very detail oriented and demanding in professionalism. I work for a nonprofit, but assist in a lot of high end event planning so details are so important!

We had our Catholic wedding ceremony at a nearby Church that was beautiful. And the reception was held at Martoca. Transportation was provided from the hotel to ceremony to Martoca as well as back to the hotel. Transportation piece of cake! Also a few days prior to the wedding Martoca helped us coordinate a fishing trip for the boys and girls day trip that involved sun bathing on the boat, snorkeling, visiting yelapa and jumping around in waterfalls! Our wedding was a blast! Awesome Food, Drinks, Decor, Fireworks and gorgeous place.

I found Martoca Beach Garden through an extensive web search and informal interviews with other venues and when I connected with Jimmy Basanez, the owner of Martoca, I was sold! Jimmy is fluent in english and spanish and grew up both in the US and Mexico. Being in a bi-cultural relationship (I’m Mexican-American and my husband is American) it was so great to have someone that can understand and bridge both the spanish and english speaking worlds. It was so important to me for our wedding to feel like “us”. Connecting with Jimmy and his team was like joining a great group of friends -you the ones you can depend on, trust and have fun with.

Jimmy was very honest about the process --it is a business after all! He has a wedding planner, Odette, that he pays a salary to, so you are not working with someone who receives commissions from vendors and and you avoid being guided to subpar vendors. They do have their preferred vendors (which they have worked with for years and they trust) and you are able to reach out to them directly if you had any doubts or questions.

What sold me is the intimate private space and beach area you and your family and friends all have to enjoy. --And of course the great people at Martoca! If you are thinking of hosting your wedding at some resort, I strongly encourage you not to do it! It would be such a great disservice to your special day and honestly all the people that are flying out for your special day. Having it at resort means no privacy (seriously a few yards away people are in the pool gawking) and not having a special edge to it. Your guests are already staying at the resort -get them out of there so they can enjoy and see a special part of Mexico! I’d be happy to be a reference for Martoca --so if you are thinking about hosting your special day here and just need to talk to a former Bride. Tell Jimmy to connect you with me. Wishing you Brides the best!

Sent on 10/21/2011

Melissa · Married on 04/15/2011

If you are looking for a special place for your wedding or just a wonderful little place to get away....then you must go to!! It was so over the top. They made every detail perfect and made us feel so special. I had a wedding there April 15th and I was extremely happy with everything...it was so beautiful...we plan to go back for our Anniversary. I will recommend Martoca Beach Garden to all my friends and family!!! Love it!!

Sent on 06/17/2011

Krista · Married on 11/08/2019

Gorgeous venue and great team!

We had our wedding at Martoca Nov 8th, and everything went off without a hitch! Mariana, our planner, had everything set up just like we planned and the whole day ran super smoothly! The venue is beyond gorgeous and love that it was so private. They added in really thoughtful personalized gifts for us as well, and you can really tell they care so much about making you happy.
    We booked sight unseen and then did a visit before the wedding to do the menu tasting etc. overall we couldn’t have been happier with how it all turned out, and they really made planning a destination wedding fairly easy! Thank you to the whole team!!

Sent on 12/17/2019

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much amiga Krista ;) We loved creating this lovely wedding for you. I noticed you marked us with a 4 on responsiveness, so I will make sure we improve on this point. We try to get back to each email within maximum 48 hours for all brides but we prioritize our live weddings of course ;). We will do better for our future Martocos. Thank you for pointing this out.
    Come back and have some Margaritas and Pacifico's with your family and celebrate your growing family over the years :) We will keep the pool ready for you.-Jimmy

kayce · Married on 03/09/2018

We got married at Martoca in March 2018. Our experience with Martoca Beach Garden was absolutely fantastic. Jimmy and Salvador were both are great communicators and made us feel comfortable with the entire process. The venue is beautiful on its own and when we saw it on the day of our wedding, it was transformed into a tranquil paradise. Maite was the flower queen. She made the flowers arrangements absolutely beautiful, the tables were decorated to perfection, and the ceremony flower altar was perfect. When we showed up on our wedding day it was hard to believe this was the place we were going to tie the knot.
    All of our guests talked about the amazing food and how much fun they had after the wedding. We got a mariachi band and a surprise firework show that got all of our guests fired up to party all night long. Salvador even brought a drone to take really cool pictures of the ceremony and reception.
    Marisol assisted Veronica onsite during our tasting, rehearsal and day of the wedding. Marisol was so sweet and calm. She handled the wedding stress like a champ and helped make the day seamless. We predominantly worked with Veronica throughout the process. Wedding planning is stressful to begin with and imagine doing it in another country that is not easily accessible. Veronica’s calm demeanor made the situation much less stressful and helped keep us informed and confident every step of the way. She answered our million questions and gave us expert advise to make the best decisions. She brought up things we would have never thought of. Our parents and bridal party even commented on how professional and helpful Veronica was throughout our time in Mexico. She put our mind at ease and helped us all fully enjoy the big day. Veronica also helped the entire day and until the end of the wedding. All in all, we would not have had it any other way. Getting married at Martoca Beach Garden was the best decision!

Sent on 03/29/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amiga Kayce thank you for your lovely words and the time you took to give your comments. You guys were fun to work for and had great taste on your decor. Your ceremony looked amazing. We just deliver what you asked for amiga.
    Gracias!