Martoca Weddings Reviews

80 | Puerto Vallarta, MX

80 Reviews for Martoca Weddings

Bethany · Married on 02/16/2017

MORE AMAZING THAT WE COULD HAVE EVER IMAGINED!!! For anyone that is considering a destination wedding in the Puerto Vallarta/Nayarit area, I beg you to consider Martoca. My fiance and I knew we wanted to be married in Mexico, but we also new we DIDN'T want to a typical "hotel package" wedding. Martoca allowed us to have the privacy we wanted, and really let us show our personality in every single aspect of the ceremony and reception. I cannot recommend it enough!!

Sent on 02/22/2017

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amiga Bethany and compadre Casey: You are back in USA already. Wow! What a ride huh?! Thank you so much for your kind words. My team and my family were delighted to have hosted and created your amazing fiesta. We have some pictures Salvador took that you may like while you get your professional ones delivered. I will send them via email. Gracias and may your life be blessed with joy and love! Come back and have a margarita with us when you are in town* :)-James. *You know I will go see you in your sports-bar sometime when i go up to Boston :).
  • I

Inna · Married on 01/21/2017

Martoca Beach Garden is the most beautiful wedding venue I've ever seen -- I'm so glad it was mine! Jimmy was accommodating and very easy to work with. He helped us immediately and made sure everything went smoothly when we had issues arise, such as the time we needed to change our wedding date after the contract was already signed (yikes) and when we asked him to approve a change in wedding planners. We are so happy with how it all turned out and couldn't have picked a more gorgeous backdrop for our special day. Thank you!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to write about our services amiga. We always try to accommodate our guests and make sure that if in our power, we do the best we can to make special arrangements if needed. We are not typical. We are not corporate. We are just a family who loves to share their backyard and knowledge of the area and we love to serve. So I guess we are more flexible that way and we can relate to people's situations more than a large corporation could. So I am glad we could hook you up and it was a pleasure to serve you.-James

Chantal · Married on 01/05/2017

Josh and I can't express how thankful we are for everything that the Martoca team did for us. They went way above and beyond our expectations, and everything turned out perfect. Our guest are still raving about it and saying it was the best wedding they have been too everyone had so much fun.

At first we were super hesitant to book a venue so far away and not being able to see it at first. But that changed as soon as we started talking to Jimmy he was so great at replying to every single email super fast and really easy to talk to and he was able to answer all my questions!

Veronica our wedding planner was amazing, it would not have been the same without her she was so easy to talk with and always worked around my schedule (which meant a lot of late night conversations) She was so friendly and so patient with my changing my mind and being indecisive and super knowledgable with the questions that I asked. She met with us when we arrived in Nuevo Vallarta, and even went shopping for my sons outfit because we couldn't find anything for him so small in Canada.

Maite went way way above and beyond my expections with the flower decor, my table setting was perfect and sent my pictures prior so I could see what it looked like before the wedding. My bouquet was stunning also.

I guess just everything was beyond perfect, the service was exceptional no guest went without a drink the whole night ! The food and cake were super tasty. Every single detail from the rose petal, candle and even the lightbulbs were better than I could even imagine. Veronica and the team made everything happen smoothly and happen exactly the way we wanted.

It truely was an intimate fairytale wedding, the hardest part was leaving Martoca ( It was just too beautiful) We will be back forsure for our anniversary party in a coulple of years! Martoca can and will make all your dreams come true.

Sent on 02/11/2017

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amigos! You are so kind. Canadians are amazing people and you prove the rule. You guys are easy to please, fun and very kind I must say. :) We love to help our West Coast and Alberta Canucks!
    You really had fun they told me :) I wish I could have been there. Please come back and have some beers on us. No worries. We will make ceviche or some tacos al pastor and have fun. Please send us your pics when you get them from the pros. I love to see what they look like... and if you want we can make you go viral haha.
    Be well and be kind to each other and respect one another and you will be an amazing family. Gracias. Bienvenidos to Martoca Family! -Jimmy

Alia · Married on 01/03/2017

Martoca more than exceeded our every expectation. Our wedding planners Veronica and Maite were excellent and went the extra mile to ensure we had an amazing experience. The wait staff was very friendly and professional and the food could have been from a 5 star restaurant. Everything from the decorations, to the ceremony to the fireworks during the first dance was beautifully done and we couldn't have been happier. Thank you to Jimmy, Veronica, Maite and the staff of Martoca for giving us a once in a lifetime experience.

Sent on 01/04/2017

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amigos! We loved serving you and making you very happy. You know how we roll down here: We make it easy and fun and we make sure everything is possible. We make it work no matter what happens. You are very welcome. It was our honor to host you and create your amazing fun pachanga! Gracias -Jimmy

Dana · Married on 11/19/2016

Martoca is hands down the most stunning venue for a wedding or any other big event. We got married at Martoca in November 2016, and it was absolutely beautiful and flawless. Here is why you should select Martoca over any other venue:
    1. Location: You have the option to stay in Sayulita (we loved it there), Nuevo Vallarta, Bucerias, PV, but still get outside of the cookie cutter resort walls to have a unique, intimate, and private ceremony and reception. Rancho Banderas is a really good place to stay near Martoca (we highly recommend it). Alternatively, you can stay in the fun surf, boho town of Sayulita (we stayed there with our guests), and then you get a very incredible experience with an adorable downtown (a lot like Bali was 10 years ago). Regardless of where you stay, guests will appreciate the unique and stunning views at Martoca.
    2. Designer/Planner: Martoca uses Kelley Karchoff (as part of the package) to plan every little detail. We are beyond happy with the elegance and feel of our wedding. She made our day (and the days leading up to the venue) entirely stressfree.
    3. Layout: I don't understand why more brides don't understand that the layout is crucial to a successful wedding. Too often, they separate the bar or dance floor from the dining tables. Believe me, I've been to too many $1M weddings that make this mistake -- and it is a real shame. Guests end up distracted at the bar or sitting at the tables, in another area, and then they never make it to the dance floor. You have an empty dance floor, so no one goes onto it, and then suddenly your wedding is remembered as the one where guests went home early. Martoca has the perfect layout. All of our guests were still dancing to the band at 2am in the morning.
    4. Fun: Unlike Sayulita or resorts, music, fireworks, and a great time can go until 2am in the morning. They do not shut down at midnight.
    5. Beauty: It goes without saying, the entire place is stunning, with lush gardens, pools, and beach.

Sent on 11/28/2016

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amigos Dana and Dave: Thank you for taking so much of your time to comment on our service and venue. Our team enjoyed having you and serving you. You are part of the family now. So come by and have a beer with us when you come back to surf or to enjoy the weather. Your wedding looked awesome. People love the long banquet style tables. You guys looked amazing and very happy. See you soon amigos!-Jimmy
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 11/15/2016

We recently had our wedding at Martoca and could not possibly have asked for anything more! Right from our initial contact with Jimmy through to our special day, everything was magical. Jimmy made the process so easy for us and his team is amazing! The location is beautiful and was so much better than the cookie cutter wedding options that most resorts offer. The prices are very reasonable and they are so very accommodating. Seeing all of our ideas come to life was more spectacular than we could have ever expected and we couldn't be more pleased. Anyone looking for a wedding location, look no further - Martoca will exceed all of your expectations and then some!!

Sent on 11/24/2016

Martoca Weddings's reply:

You are very welcome my dear friends. Canucks can party hard I tell you :) Have fun and I will see you soon :) Gracias! -JImmy

Kim · Married on 11/12/2016

If I could give more stars to Martoca, I would! I'm still on cloud 9 after my November wedding at Martoca. From the moment we started working together, I knew we would have an amazing wedding. Many of our guests told us this was "the best wedding they ever attended" and we would have to agree. The venue is absolutely stunning and makes you feel so special to have a piece of the beach to yourselves. The appetizers and entrees were delicious, as were the drinks. We added a few surprises (fireworks, cigar roller, photobooth) that made the whole night very exciting. Kelley was our coordinator and she deserves all the credit for making our wedding so amazing. She knew exactly how to deliver beyond our expectations. She completely nailed the beach party vibe we hoped for. It was very helpful that Martoca and Kelley coordinated all the vendors for us. I highly recommend Martoca and Kelley for your wedding. You and your guests will be beyond impressed!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Amiga Kim,
    Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to express your feelings about your wedding and Martoca. We enjoyed hosting your amazing fiesta! Gracias amigos! Come back and have some Pacificos with us when you are in town. My treat :)- James

Gloria · Married on 10/22/2016

I recently married at Martoca Beach Garden on 10/22/16. This place is breath taking!! I just received my pics and they literally look like they came out of a magazine. Not only is the place even more beautiful than the online pics but the service that Jimmy and his team provide is 5 star. From the very beginning Jimmy answered all of my questions quickly and clearly and was very flexible when it came to budget. He set me up with one of the wedding planners he works with Kelley Karhoff and she literally helped me with everything. You don't have to do much besides Pinterest and communication your ideas to them and they take care of the rest. They only work with quality people from the food, florist, photographers , DJ , Mariachis & even the service the waiters offered the day of the wedding was superb. I never ever imagined That my wedding could be that beautiful. It If you are looking for quality service in a beautiful place that is private & with out so many restrictions (unlike many of the resorts) this is definitely your place.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Gloria and give my best to Darwin :). I remember when we began so long ago to plan your wedding. I was very excited for you to see your dream come true. I love your pictures. And I know our pictures here on the site and online do not do justice to the venue :) But I like to use real pictures for the most part instead of the highly photoshopped pics people use for publicity. I like to under promise and over deliver :) I am so happy you were very happily surprised! We take pride in our team. So, thank you for your trust. I know it is hard to trust anyone with your wedding, and even more difficult to trust online, so I appreciate you spreading the word that we did you right amiga :) Saludos y muchas gracias! -Jimmy
  • Danica

Danica · Married on 06/25/2016

Choose martoca!

I don't even know where to start with this!!! Sorry, this will be a novel, but I just have so much to say and reviews are how I found Martoca so I want to make sure all you future Martocos know how freaking amazing this place is! Also just RELAX! They have you covered :)
    It has been 2 months since our wedding and I am still mind blown and want to relive every moment again and again. The venue is of course amazing and beautiful, but Jimmy, Mariana and the rest of the team was simply incredible. Hands down the best decision we made.

Let me just first off explain how we ended up choosing Martoca because HOLY MOLY I am so so so so glad we did! We originally had planned on getting married in Sayulita, which is about 30 minutes North of Bucerias and Martoca Beach Garden. We had visited Sayulita and absolutely loved everything about the town and venue that we chose and were SO excited to be there for Dia de los Muertos! We had almost everything ready to go! Then in April of 2019 (our wedding was November 1st 2019) we were informed that there was a "Sayulita Sickness" that was going around that would affect a significant number of people, especially groups, when visiting on vacation. I kept hearing horror stories of wedding groups that half of the guests became ill, or that the bride and groom were ill on their wedding day and so we made the VERY hard decision to find another venue. (This was of course RIGHT after we sent out our wedding invitations, so we had to reach out to all guests telling them that the wedding was on hold) I was absolutely devastated. It was truly a nightmare and I really did not know what to do. We had hotel blocks in Sayulita and guests had already booked rooms and flights, so it was very unfortunate.
    HOWEVER-- with the help of friends and family we went on an online hunt for a new venue. Because so many guests had already purchased flights to Puerto Vallarta we decided to continue with a destination wedding in the area. Because we spent most of our budget already, we weren't able to take a trip and visit any other venues to see for ourselves. So, instead I was online 24/7 for the next few days and read so many amazing reviews about Martoca I had to look into it. I followed Martoca Beach Garden on Instagram and after scrolling through so many amazing photos I sent a direct message to see if they had availability on November 1. Jimmy (the owner) responded almost immediately and said they were! Since it was 5 months away I was shocked, but I told Jimmy my Sayulita situation, what I wanted, and my budget concerns and he put me at ease right away. It was so easy and he was SO quick to respond with all my questions, which was exactly what I needed at this point. It almost felt too good to be true with how easy the process was and with what they were able to provide.

I then worked with Mariana and WOW she was simply amazing and SO EASY to work with! We used WhatsApp to communicate and I sent Pinterest pictures of what I wanted. She had me fill out some documents and that was it! I still thought everything was too good to be true because of how easy it was! BUT IT WASN'T! IT WAS AN ABSOLUTE DREAM and I cannot emphasize that enough. Mariana KILLED IT.

The florals, the lighting, the DJ (who I didn't talk to even ONE TIME absolutely NAILED IT), the food, the service, EVERYTHING absolutely EVERYTHING was perfect. We had a pinata, mariachi band, fireworks, and late night tacos, the best churros ever and had a 6 hour dance party and so many more surprises! It was everything I wanted and everyone had the best time ever and said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. I am so happy we made the decision we did.

I cannot express how happy I am that we found Martoca. Their team is amazing and if I could give it more stars I would. Choose Martoca!!

Sent on 01/02/2020

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Mi dear Danica (mom and dad as well) :) Thank you so much for such kind words and explains your Martoca journey to others. We were very happy to be able to help you create the wedding you dream of and could help you solve all your problems in away that not only felt like a save, we wanted to make it as if it was meant to be the whole time.
    So I am very happy you enjoyed your Martoca Wedding and your family as well. I remember how you guys did not stop dancing the whole wedding. I mean every single guest! What. GREAT group. We specially love to see such a close and fun wedding party.
    Thank you so much and we are so happy you gave Mexico a second chance! Hopefully those issues with Sayulita are resolved and no one needs to go through this again.
    Well, just the fun part. haha. -Hugs
    Jimmy

Chelsea · Married on 05/18/2016

Choosing Martoca as our wedding venue was the best decision we ever made! We had a lot of hesitation in deciding on a destination wedding, but Martoca completely out did themselves. Not only is the venue magnificent, but its the team that made our experience so memorable! The designer Maite doesn't speak English, but she is the most talented wedding designer I have ever seen. Everything I sent her for my vision was executed perfectly and even better than what I imagining. Salvador is extremely professional and drove us around for 2 days while we chose our hotels for guests, rehearsal dinner venue, food tasting, and even to all my hair and make up trail appointments. He was so great to work with and made sure I had everything I needed during the big day. Veronica was my savior during the planning process. She took care of everything I needed and was so responsive. We would text/email/call non stop about everything and she became someone I looked at as a great friend. I can't even put into words everything she did for me, she is AMAZING!! Together these 3 rocked it and created the most perfect day for my husband and me!

Chelsea

Sent on 06/05/2017

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amiga Chelsea thank you so much for your comments. We loved your wedding and your dad and entire family. It was an amazing wedding if we may say so ourselves haha. We loved your ideas. I am happy for you and Sam and specially your dad the Jefe de Jefes! He was so happy; His text message literally brought my wife to tears.
    By the way, your wedding has now been used in many of our new brides' requests as the example for their own wedding :) We told them of course, we cannot repeat your wedding. we like to custom create each wedding. But they are certainly inspired by your taste and your amazing pictures. Thank you again for your trust and we are very happy our Martoca team rose beyond your expectations. Gracias!-Martoca James :)

Jessica · Married on 04/23/2016

I would use them again in a heartbeat! Everything I envisioned for my wedding became a reality (and beyond) because of the team from Martoca. Without this team I probably would not have ended up having a wedding, let alone having my dreams come true. I had originally booked my April wedding at a different venue; however, things just weren’t coming together and I wasn’t feeling confident about the way the wedding would turn out. I ultimately decided to leave that venue and left Jimmy a panicked message that same day. Jimmy got back to me in just a few minutes and from that moment on, I finally had the experience I was looking for. I wanted to be a destination bride because I wanted the process to be easy and laid back; however, with the people in our lives traveling and taking the time to celebrate with us we also wanted to offer an amazing time. Thankfully Jimmy and his team are true professionals at what they do; whatever experience you are looking for, they are able provide it (and exceed your expectations!). It only took one email exchange and a quick phone conversation to know that I was in the right hands with the Martoca team. Although the Martoca wedding venue was already booked for the weekend of my event, their team was able to still take us on as clients. Before I could even sulk about their beautiful venue being booked or ask for other recommendations, Jimmy had put together a team to work with us and continued to put our minds at ease. We were introduced to Salvador and Veronica who were truly our miracles. One phone conversation with Veronica left me in tears of joy because I finally felt excited about the wedding and the planning process. Veronica was able to understand what I needed as a bride to feel comfortable, she asked all the right questions, and alleviated any worry that I had; the planning was seamless. I feel blessed to call these people friends now, and any excuse I have to use Martoca in the future, I definitely will!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Muchas Gracias amiga! We love your pictures with the taco stand :) Instant classic! Thank you for your trust and your kind words. We look forward to visiting you up California :) Invite you a MIchelada and catch up. Or come back to Martoca and visit. No charge :) We can hang in the pool and have some Coronas.-Jimmy

Melissa · Married on 03/15/2016

I cannot express how pleased I am with Martoca Beach Garden and staff. After witnessing three weddings at all at different resorts I can say Our wedding was the best!! We had our wedding at Martoca Beach Garden last week and everything was beyond perfect! I can honestly say we had our dream wedding become a reality! From start to finish, Maite was amazing, she made the planning process a breeze. I didn't even have to stress on the day of because everything was ready to go. Our wedding was very private, something you cannot get at any resort, made it even more special. And their photography and video group was incredible, all the pictures were picture perfect and the video is amazing! I would definitely recommend Martoca Beach garden to anyone looking to get married, Everything was outstanding, delicious food, beautiful scenery, great decorations, top shelf drinks, great service, great staff .. There is nothing I can complain about, and absolutely nothing I would change! All our guest were "wowed" by our wedding. We will definetly return to renew our vowels and I can't wait!!

Melissa & Jose ?? 3/2016

Sent on 03/25/2016

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Gracias amigos mios! It is our pleasure. You are our first couple from San Antonio Texas! We loved hosting your wedding! I am happy you had your Banda music that you wanted so much that the hotel said you could not have ;) Espero que sean muy felices por siempre! Viva los Novios! :) Un abrazo, Jimmy.

kelsey · Married on 02/28/2016

Martoca & Kelley truly provided the wedding of our dreams. From day one Jimmy went over and above to answer any questions and create a budget that was accommodating for us and our 71 guests. Of course we were hesitant to trust a business that is so far from home, but it was worth the risk! I would recommend this process to anyone. Upon completion of creating a budget, James set me up with Kelley! Kelley is an incredible person and also incredible at her job! Her professionalism and attentiveness to detail is amazing. She took all my ideas and turned them into reality while keeping our budget in mind. She stuck to our budget 100%! It's still so impressive to all of us. The flowers were impeccable, the food- delicious... the servers, the venue, the beautiful dance floor, our wild, dedicated photographer! We are still getting comments on the photographer. He was so energetic and dedicated! Such a lovely guy. I could really type forever because it was that amazing... I cannot thank Martoca and Kelley's team enough. They made this whole process so stress free and worthwhile. It really is as good as the pictures that you see on Pinterest and on websites. It's even better actually. Highly recommend the fireworks... (and chuy the officient- he's awesome!)
    so worth every penny and every email! you guys have outdone your self!
    thank you thank you! already planning a one year reunion! ha!
    xoxo!
    Kelsey & Mathew Lefley

Sent on 03/14/2016

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Thank You amigos hermosos de Martoca! I appreciate that you took the time to express such kind comments. We love to help and make it easy and affordable for all couples when possible :) You guys are easy to work with so that always makes it even more fun ja,ja. Un abrazo! Gracias!! Jimmy

Although we are still a few months from our big day we wanted to say how much we've truly enjoyed the planning process with Martoca Beach Garden. Some family friends of ours got married at Martoca a year ago and had such a wonderful experience we decided to inquire. From the moment we connected with our wedding planners the process has been totally stress free. We set a budget and they've stuck to it, and offered incredible services within our budget. When we have questions they are answered almost immediately, and where necessary really great options and suggestions are also given! We've been to many weddings, but if all goes as we've discussed thus far, our wedding will be the best celebration we've attended....and it's OUR special day, how lucky are we! We can't wait to write a perfect review post wedding as we know we couldn't have picked a better venue!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Judy · Married on 12/03/2015

Martoca Beach Garden was the perfect location for my clients destination wedding. The beach ceremony was magnificent and private with no gawkers overseeing or interfering photographs. The sunset was amazing. The gardens were immaculate with a separate lounge area to relax in. The dining location overlooking Banderas Bay had a surreal vista from the beginning of the 45 guests arrival until the end of the night. Fireworks further enhanced the celebration and got the Fiesta started. All of the food was superb and 5 star and the late night Taco stand a hit. James Basanez was very quick to reply to all emails and inquiries and easy to work with. His referral of Kelley Kahrhoff of Younique Vallarta Weddings was spot on & her staff & suppliers truly made Martoca a beautiful location as did all the staff who worked the event.

I highly recommend Martoca Beach & Garden in Nuevo Vallarta/Riviera Nayarit to all brides & groom to be who are looking for privacy and the non-cookie cutter off the resort wedding or event. My couple expectations of their special day were exceeded as were all of their guests.

Mucho Gracias James for sharing Martoca with Amanda & Michael and their family & friends.

Judy Beal, TravelOnly, Brantford ON Canada

Sent on 12/11/2015

Angela · Married on 11/11/2015

When we first found this great location online we thought it would be out of our price range. We also thought the pictures were to good to be true! We e mailed the website and got a fast and friendly response from the owner (James aka Jimmy) Surprisingly the pricing was a lot more affordable then what we expected for such a beautiful private venue!! Jimmy then put us in contact with Kelley who is the wedding planner for this venue. We also can't say enough good things about Kelley. She was so easy to get ahold of and would even take time to talk on the phone or over the computer. We arrived at Martoca two days before our wedding to check out the venue. We were blown away by the beauty of the property. The day had finally come and everything exceeded our expectations. We had 60 guests all coming up to us saying how they couldn't believe how amazing everything was. The whole team from the bartenders,DJ,caterers,decor, photographer, videographer and the minister were all exceptional! We can't thank the Martoca Beach Gardens enough for making our dream wedding come true! We would strongly recommend this venue to anyone. It was the best decision of our lives to get married off resort! (Privacy and beauty all in one place)

Angela & Jeff from Vancouver, Canada

Sent on 11/27/2015

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Jeff and Angela. You guys looked so happy! That is our best reward. Your fun and loving attitude made our job easy. Your trust and your kind compliments are very much appreciated. I am happy to have been found by you. Thank your family for trusting in Puerto Vallarta and our team and on Kelley's behalf Gracias!! See you for your baptism! :) Jimmy

jennie · Married on 11/10/2015

Me and my now husband got married at Martoca on November 10th 2015. We found the venue online and the second I saw the options that were available I was completely sold on the idea of getting married off of the resort. We are from Vancouver Canada so at first we were very worried about sending money overseas and doing all of the transactions via email. But I would 100% recommend this venue to anyone we know family/ friends if they are planning a wedding. Kelly was the wedding coordinator/ wedding specialist extraordinaire. She was so helpful I sent her images of flowers/decor that I liked or wanted and she got everything I asked for and more. I honestly couldn't have pictured how perfect it looked, she went far beyond what I would have ever imagined our wedding to look like. We had 45 guests there and when the guests showed up to the venue everyone was completely blown away with how gorgeous it looked. Absolutely breath taking! I was so happy that we connected with Jimmy(James) he is honestly such an awesome, patient guy to deal with.

Thank you so much for everything and for the most amazing fun wedding ever!

Hopefully we will see you soon for another wedding as guests.

Hugs!

Jennie & Colin

Sent on 11/28/2015

Tiffanie · Married on 02/21/2015

Stunning property. Absolutely gorgeous venue. If you're thinking about a destination wedding - look no further. We traveled all over Mexico looking at venues and ultimately decided upon Puerto Vallarta but were dissatisfied with the typical rules and generic offerings that tend to accompany big corporate hotel properties. After doing some research I stumbled upon Martoca Beach Garden. After we visited the venue we knew this was where we wanted to get married. James and his team really went above and beyond all of our expectations. No detail went overlooked and the end product was just phenomenal. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to plan a wedding or other event in PV. They are truly masters of their craft.

Sent on 10/30/2016

Kathy · Married on 04/03/2014

We had our wedding here in April 2014 and it was absolutely wonderful! Planning was so easy and they were so accommodating and eager to create the perfect wedding for me! The setting is amazing! The location is perfect. Close enough for guests to stay in PV. The best part is we did not have unvited guests or onlookers looming about. Our wedding was our own private event! If you are looking for a beach wedding, Matoca is simply the best!

Sent on 04/19/2015

Doris · Married on 01/19/2012

We celebrated our wedding in Bucerias, Mexico on January 19 and were impressed FAR beyond our expectations with Martoca. So many destination wedding information only provides information on larger hotels, etc. and searching out Martoca meant our wedding went from what would have been 'nice' to 'sensational'! "Right out of a magazine" was a comment heard from several of our guests and we felt the same way.

Planning a destination wedding to a location you've never been too is stressful, which is why we initially decided to hold our wedding at the Dreams Villamagna in Nuevo Vallarta. However, we decided to switch locations only after months of frustration with the hotel (we still didn't have a contract or firm idea on how much the wedding was going to cost at 3 1/2 weeks out!

At the last minute we decided to switch and will be eternally grateful that we did. Martoca offers a unique (as opposed to cookie-cutter) location, service, details, food, etc. over the larger chain hotels. Also, holding it there made us feel like we were actually in Mexico instead of a generic beach somewhere. Our party could last until midnight as opposed to a firm 10 p.m. stop time at the hotels AND the whole affair cost us approximately $3000 less (guestimating of course given we didn't really know how much were were going to have to spend at the hotel).

Martoca offered EVERYTHING the hotel did in terms of ammenities, a proficient wedding planner who was fluent in English, and in our opinion, a FAR superior product over all.

We were VERY impressed with them (especially consider what they pulled off in the 3.5 weeks time frame we gave them to pull everything together!).

Regards, Doris

Sent on 02/22/2012

Lars · Married on 02/12/2011

We got married here in February 2011. Absolutely fantastic place. I hope this wonderful place will not be affected by the constant news about the Mexican drug war when in fact this area of mexico hasn't been affected by the violence at all. /Lars (Denmark)

Sent on 05/24/2011

Erin · Married on 01/11/2011

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Martoca Beach Garden! I too researched many other locations and when I came across Martoca online, I knew we wanted to get married there. I came into contact with Jimmy and from the first email( and there were many!) he was always so helpful and flexible and would answer any questions I had right away. He found me an amazing wedding planner and helped me set a "package" that suited us.
    We had 40 guests there for our wedding in January and every single one fell in love with the beauty of Martoca Beach!
    If you're looking for the most beautiful,magical, romantic destination wedding...THIS is the place!

Sent on 05/20/2011
  • Trisha

Trisha P · Married on 12/29/2010

Unique, private and beautiful venue

This review is 8 years late, but I'm happy to see the venue is still thriving! We are Canadian and were married at Martoca in December of 2010. Jimmy was accommodating and responsive to all of our questions and requests. There were some hiccups with the wedding planner that they provided, but it did not create any issues with the wedding itself because Jimmy took over her duties and we had a lovely, intimate wedding. The venue itself is on a quiet beach and large enough for a big party yet small enough for an intimate wedding. The staff was very professional, our guests commented afterwards that their drinks were never empty and we were never left waiting for food or drink. We saw pictures of the venue when we booked it, but when we arrived it was even better in person.

Sent on 10/19/2018

Kristi · Married on 11/22/2010

I had the lovely pleasure of getting married at Martoca Beach Garden and I can honestly say, as someone who has been in the events industry and researched locations across Mexico and the U.S. that this place is magical.

From our planner on-site to the DJ's to the set-up staff and the caterer (who might be the best in all of Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta and beyond), they delivered beyond our expectations! As the bride, that's easy to say but we also heard from our 75+ guests that they too loved the experience, even having a few friends ask me to "plan their big event there next."

If you're looking for an experience that is truly memorable without all the chaos and frankly "cost" that come with expensive planners, I highly recommend looking here.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd do everything the same! Thank you Jimmy and team at Martoca Beach Garden for being gracious hosts and for setting the bar high!

Sent on 05/19/2011

Paulina · Married on 03/27/2010

As a wedding planner I truly recommend this place. Beautiful view to Banderas Bay and Jimmy is an excellent host. I do also recommended it on my page =)http://spectacularwedding.blogspot.com/2011/03/weddings-at-martoca.html

Sent on 05/23/2011