Martoca Weddings Reviews

80 | Puerto Vallarta, MX

80 Reviews for Martoca Weddings

• Jordan

Jordan · Married on 06/02/2018

If you are looking for a destination wedding location look no further. We were anxious about planning a wedding in PV while living in New York, but I cannot imagine a more seamless and pleasant experience than what we experienced with Martoca Beach Garden. Jimmy and Kelley were always responsive and never let our questions linger for too long. Additionally, they were happy to work with us on price and build a contract that included everything we wanted but stayed within our budget! We only went to PV once during the planning process and Kelley was more than accommodating, showing us the venue, drinking margaritas with us while we taste tested and finally taking us to the flower vendor to show us our tables (which we liked immediately). On the day of the wedding, we were blown away with how perfectly the team executed our vision. I had only sent a few photos of the bouquets and I can't believe how perfectly they turned out. We received endless compliments on the INCREDIBLE service and food and have been told it was the best wedding several had attended. There was not one thing I would change and this is due in large to the excellent people working at Martoca. Thanks again Kelley and Jimmy!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for these amazing words amigos! You guys rocked it! Martoca Weddings are all about the easy flow and Mexican hospitality and good vibes. ;) I am so happy you enjoyed it. Your pictures are awesome and you looked amazing. Thank you for representing Martoca Beach garden so well. You are true Martocos! (of Martoca) come back soon and have some Margs and show off your babies :) haha. Un abrazo up to new York! :) -Jimmy

gabriella · Married on 05/26/2018

If you are looking for a destination wedding venue, you can stop looking! Martoca Beach Garden has it all. A one-stop-shop, you will get a contract to reserve your date, included with an awesome wedding planner, decorator, catering service, DJ, and more. One of my favorite things about this venue was I only needed to talk to one person- my wedding planner. Veronica contacted me immediately after signing our contract (over a year out), made us feel very welcomed and established a trusting relationship. Anything and everything we wanted for our wedding, we told her and she made it happen. We did not need to find a florist, baker, dj, or any of those services you usually have to book individually when not having a destination wedding. We simply told her what we wanted, and on the day of our wedding, we were in tears at how magnified our vision turned out. It was more than we even imagined- and trust me, I had a very overboard imagination when it came to our wedding. I didn't think it was even possible. Another great thing you will get when contracting with Martoca is the many additional options you'll be able to add to your special day. For example, we added sky-high fireworks that went off behind the hand crafted flower wall where my husband and I cut the first piece of our beautiful (over the top) wedding cake. We also had late night tacos, an upgraded dance floor, "LOVE" sign for pictures, oh and did i mention that they provide transportation for you and all your guests to and from whichever hotel you are staying at? Yes, they really do! Lastly, they utilize a fantastic, rave-about catering service for their three course meal, as well as a decorator who is top-notch and will make any dream come true. We could not be happier with our wedding and with all honestly can say there are no words to describe our experience with Martoca. We promise you will not be the slightest bit disapointed with Martoca Beach Garden and hope you chose them for your destination wedding!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

You are Welcome amigos! You are Martocos now :) Martoca family. We loved the flower wall amiga :) It really looked amazing with the cake cutting props! The Martoca Team was very proud of your wedding and can't wait to see your drone pics and other videos. And we made your bridesmaids and mom cry in your first look of the venue! YAY! ;) Thank you and come back and have some Margaritas :) with your Martoca babies sometime :) - Jimmy

dennise · Married on 05/19/2018

All I can say is wow! My husband and I got married on May 12th. Words cannot describe the job done by Veronica and Martoca’s team. We are both still in awe over how beautiful the venue is. The pictures online look great, but it is unbelievable in person.

I am from Guadalajara and I always knew that I wanted my wedding in Puerto Vallarta. When I got engaged, I immediately started to do my research and tried to find a private venue. I came across Martoca and instantly fell in love. My husband on the other hand was reluctant due to the unfamiliarity, but after talking to Jimmy and finding out our mutual friends were also at a wedding held at Martoca, we knew that it had to be there. I was finishing up my last year in grad school and I knew that I didn’t have time to plan a wedding. I trusted Veronica and I was open to all of her ideas. We still have friends and our family complimenting our wedding and telling it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Between the fireworks, service, tacos, churros and ambiance of the venue, everything was what I dreamed and more. Thank you so much for making our wedding a beautiful happily ever after! Love Dennise and el billy!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amiga Dennise y El Billy FELICIDADES!!! We loooved, absolutely loved working for you. So chill and easy to work for. It is always a pleasure to be given free reign and a budget. Sometimes it is easier to make the budget stretch if their is free rein on the designer and props we can use. Thanks for the trust! We are happy we could make it such an entertaining wedding :) It had it all. Even the fans! Saludos :) And welcome to the Martocos club.-Jimmy

Brianne · Married on 04/20/2018

I don’t even know where to begin....my husband and I found Martoca online last June and I knew that there was nowhere else we wanted to be married. We come to Puerto Vallarta twice a year and saw too many resort weddings that were not private or not always special to the bride & groom. Since our guests were coming such a long way to celebrate with us we wanted to make sure we showed them a fantastic time. We were nervous because we were not able to visit right away but after reading the reviews and talking to Jimmy we felt completely comfortable.
    Between the time we got engaged in June and our site visit in October we had tragedy strike our family several times but everyone at Martoca was so understanding of our plans constantly changing and just kept telling us it was going to be alright. We made the trip in October and we were able to meet our AMAZING planner Veronica. She was incredible! I work quite a bit and knew there was no way I had time to plan a wedding and she took care of EVERYTHING for us. On the day we met her we also met with the designer and caterer and literally had everything done in one day. Veronica also took the time to drive us to hotels to consider for our guests.
    From October until our wedding in April we had several other things go wrong in our lives but Veronica was always there to tell me it was going to be alright and that everyone at Martoca was pulling for us. She was not only a fabulous planner she was a great friend.
    The wedding was BEYOND our wildest dreams. From the beautiful location to the gorgeous flowers, the incredible service, the delicious food and the special details like fireworks, cigar rollers and taco and churro carts our guests were blown away. Almost every single one told us it was the best wedding they have ever been to. I had to give all of the credit to Veronica and the amazing team at Martoca. Thank you so much for all of the effort and love you poured in to our wedding. It was the best night of our lives!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Phew! :) We did it amigos! :) Thank you!; For your strength. Many would have folded in the face of adversity. Thank you for trusting us through all the challenges you had to overcome. In the end we all came together and I hope we made your family proud amiga. Sometimes life makes it extra interesting.
    But we understand this and we know we are all just people; trying to cope with obstacles. In the end we achieved your dream and hopefully, that will be your life from now on :) Just dreams coming true, one after another!- Jimmy

Jaime · Married on 04/12/2018

It's hard to know where to start in a review about Maroca, I actually get a little teary eyed just thinking about how amazing it is, there should be an extra special gold star option especially reserved for places like Martoca.

First and foremost, if you are thinking about having a wedding in Mexico and are considering anywhere besides Martoca, just stop right now. You will literally not find anywhere else like it, potentially anywhere.

To say it’s a bride's dream is a complete understatement and does not do Martoca, the staff, the owners or the location justice. Their wedding planning staff (Veronica, my wedding planning was beyond amazing) and unbelievably talented florist alone justify what you spend, and that doesn’t even touch how gorgeous the venue is, the incredible food, the open bar or the kick-ass DJ.

And it’s so much more. When you get married at Martoca, you truly become part of their family and I have first-hand experience in that, beyond what most brides probably do as my father ended up in the hospital the day after the wedding. Veronica, Our wedding planner with Martoca helped us find a doctor and Jimmy, the owner, picked us up from our hotel to move to a condo close to the hospital. They both came to visit the hospital during his 5-day stay and checked in regularly. I am actually not sure what we would have done without them.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amiga Jaime thank you for taking the time to review our venue and services. We are all about personal attention and genuine hosting. The rest, wedding planning and logistics, usually takes care of itself. Once our hearts are on the same page the rest will follow amiga. I am so happy your dad is fine now. Big hugs and sorry it took me so long to get back to USA and office mode to respond to your amazingly kind words. It was my pleasure and honor to host your family amiga.-Jimmy

Mike · Married on 03/24/2018

Jimmy and the whole Martoca Beach Garden crew were incredible throughout the entire wedding process, from wedding planning to wedding day, from small intricate details to huge obvious ones, they made things EXTREMELY easy on us throughout the entire process. Veronica, our wedding coordinate, may in fact be an angel. She worked tirelessly, sometimes at ALL hours in the night, to ensure every aspect of the wedding was not only satisfactory, but "perfect." I highly recommend Martoca Beach Garden to ANYONE looking to plan a destination in beautiful Puerto Vallarta. You truly feel like you are working with family, and I am forever grateful to have partnered with such an experienced and accommodating wedding planning company. 10 stars.

Sent on 04/23/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amigos Mike and Hannah thank you for your kind words. I am so happy we were able to make it all come together for you and that we made you all very happy. Your guests were definitely fun and partied like rockstars amigos! It was one epic fiesta!- Jimmy

Lindsay · Married on 03/18/2018

I’m not really sure where to start because everything was just so perfect, the people, the location, the atmosphere and the decorations. Ah. I’m just a little sad it’s all over. I booked with Jimmy over a year before my wedding date, and really didn’t have to do much apart from send pictures of my style, what colors I wanted, what music I liked, and everything came together just perfectly. Mariana and Salvador really captured my style and made sure everything ran smoothly, while Jimmy was very speedy at responding to my pre-wedding concerned questions! I am a pretty laid back person so let the team surprise me with nearly every detail, and nothing disappointed! My guests were so impressed and really just had a relaxing and fun time. The catering was very good, nobody had an empty glass at any point of time. And the taco bar at the end of the night kept tummies full and people still standing. My MOST favorite part was by far the saxophonist during dinner time. He played current and oldies and it really set the atmosphere while we sat and ate. Our 2 year old son really approved as he danced on the dance floor while the saxophonist played some seriously good jams, it was just a perfect sight. Thank you Martoca Team! We will be back in beautiful Mexico in the near future!

Sent on 04/15/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amigos thank you for your trust and such lovely words! Your dance floor was a huge hit! We created it for you and now many brides have requested it :) We love trying new ideas with open brides like you who just sit back and let us create! Gracias and thank you for letting us use your amazing pictures ;)! Love-Martoca Jimmy

Adele · Married on 03/02/2018

There really are no words to truly describe how magical our wedding at Martoca was. Like many, we booked Martoca sight unseen and trusted that the other reviews we read and research we did didn't steer us in the wrong direction. Martoca is a hidden gem - a diamond in the rough. From the outside, you'd have no idea what's behind those stunning copper doors. It's a paradise, absolutely manicured to perfection, beautiful every where you turn. From the day we booked, we were confident we'd picked the right venue. James (Jimmy) was so responsive to emails and answered all our questions. We worked with Kelley at Younique Vallarta Weddings who was fantastic and understood my vision. The day of our wedding was a dream and went by in a blink. I remember feeling overwhelmingly happy and in awe of the beauty of the day. The Martoca team was fantastic, every one of the staff made sure the day went flawlessly. Can't thank Martoca enough and HIGHLY recommend it to any future couple.

Sent on 03/12/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your kind review amigos! I loved your decor and the way Mayte reflected your vision. Kelley worked hard to make it all come together for sure. I am very happy you are happy. That is number one. Martoca is all about going the extra mile for the brides. I hope you liked your surprise souvenir :) Come back and visit! :) Saludos to Todd!-Jimmy

Masha · Married on 02/18/2018

Martoca is a bride's dream come true. We just had our wedding there and everything from the contract negotiation, to the year-long planning with the wedding planner, to the most professional crew ever, to the decorations, flowers, lighting, the delicious food, etc -everything was TOP NOTCH. Kelley Kahrhoff, the wedding planner, put us entirely at ease. I simply gave her my vision and she executed flawlessly. KELLEY, YOU ARE MY HERO! My husband and I are beyond grateful for the Martoca team and we can't wait to visit again soon!

Sent on 02/25/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

I am soon happy that you loved the welcome to your home tile surprise :) :) Your picture is perfect thank you. We will hang the tile in our Love Wall soon and send you a picture :) I am so happy you loved our Martoca Team and that your dreams came true! Come back soon to have some Pacificos and Vodka laced coco locos :)-Jimmy

Alissa · Married on 02/10/2018

My husband and I got married at Martoca last month and we could not have asked for a better experience! From working with Jimmy to create the contract, to planning details with Kelley, to the actual day itself - everything was perfect. We had a destination wedding and had never visited, but they were able to take my emails, pictures and Pinterest board and turn them into reality. They definitely know what they are doing! Kelley's patience, understanding and creativity were especially appreciated - I can't speak highly enough of her! From the get-go, I told them that my only goals were to have great food, great music and great drinks and they went above and beyond that. The wait staff, bartenders and catering manager were incredible (my guests are still talking about how wonderful the service was!). The Mariachi band was great. The food was amazing. The DJ was spot on. The lighting and decor was AMAZING. I could go on and on! Honestly everything was absolutely unbelievable and I would choose Martoca again in a heartbeat. Thank you to Martoca and all of your vendors for literally making our dreams come true!

Sent on 03/10/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amiga Alissa thank you for your trust and complete chill vibe :) You were such a pleasure to work for amiga! Martoca's team was more than happy to serve you. Everyone enjoyed the decor ideas and the lighting was really gorgeous :) Remember your spanish :) Come back soon and sign your plaque of tile! It will be on the Love Wall :) Saludos y felicidades!-Jimmy

LouAnn · Married on 01/06/2018

No review I give here will ever do Martoca justice. My husband Cooper and I took our first trip together to Puerto Vallarta about 2 years ago. After we got engaged, we knew that we wanted to get married in the place we first fell in love. After doing a bunch of research for wedding venues in the PV area, we came across Martoca Beach Garden. From the very first email to Martoca, we knew that it was going to be a great choice. Jimmy was so helpful and responsive, and went out of his way to answer all questions we had. A few months later, we traveled back to PV to see Martoca in person and were BLOWN AWAY. Not just because the venue is gorgeous (which it is), but because of the helpfulness of the Martoca crew. Salvador picked us up from the airport and brought us right to Martoca. From there, he brought us to see the table layouts and do our first tasting. Everything was amazing- better than we had ever hoped. Then after our tasting, he drove us an hour out of his way back to PV to our hotel. WHAT AMAZING HOSPITALITY! Leading up to our wedding, I had a million questions, and Jimmy was so helpful and responsive to everything. We had several calls with Veronica leading up to the wedding, to make sure that we were all on the same page with everything. She took the time to answer all our questions, and ask any that she had too to make sure that our big day was absolutely perfect. I cannot say enough good things about Martoca, the team, and our wedding. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't change a thing. We love Martoca!!

Sent on 03/12/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amiga we love you too :) We try to give each couple our full attention and pour our heart and soul into each wedding. Giving you that and more came easy for us. You are a great couple and deserve all your surprises :) We loved hosting your peeps specially on 3 Kings Day :)! Hasta pronto amigos! Jimmy

Courtney · Married on 01/01/2018

I couldn’t have asked for a better experience from start to finish. I had felt like I had known Jimmy (James), Veronica and Salvador forever! They knew exactly what I wanted and were so attentive and genuinely excited for me. You get a special feeling when going to this venue and meeting everyone that helps you along the way. You’re not just “another wedding on the books” for them... they make you feel like you mean everything to them! Highly recommend this venue to everyone looking to get married in Mexico.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amiga Courtney thank you so much :) We loved meeting you all! Our casa es su casa :) Muchas gracias, Jimmy

Alicia · Married on 12/30/2017

We just got back from Puerto Vallarta (Bucerias) where we had my daughter's wedding at Martoca . I don't have enough words to express how happy we were with the entire experience. From the first contact with Jimmy who was always so friendly and answered every question we had; to our experience planning the wedding with Salvador and Mariana. They all were terrific in capturing my daughter's vision for the wedding. They listened and delivered. They always returned our e-mails and phone calls promptly, always assuring us that everything was going to be ok! Well, they were right! Every detail was taken care of as agreed. The day ran like clockwork. It was everything we had envisioned and more! The setting was absolutely stunning. The flower arrangements and decor by Maite were 1st class. Two weeks later and we are still getting wonderful comments from family and friends. The food was outstanding. When you have to serve that many people you always worry that the food may be cold, or won't taste that good; but trust me when I say that it was delicious and the presentation fantastic. The timing was perfect. From picking up the bride and her bridesmaids to get their hair and makeup done; to getting everyone where they had to be on time. Their vendor recommendations were excellent. Mariana and Salvador were so accommodating with every request, and they made us feel like they were also excited about the wedding! Everyone was impressed seeing Mariana running around the place making sure everything and every detail was perfect. Both Salvador and Mariana definitely went the extra mile on every request . They worked long hours to make the event a success. The DJ was great. The right volume, the right combination of music for our U.S. and Mexican guests. The fireworks added that extra touch that everyone still talks about. All-in-all, an unforgettable experience. Thank you Jimmy, Salvador and Mariana for a wonderful experience,

Sent on 01/16/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Thank you Doña Alicia and Sasha and Jaron for your trust in our Martoca Team. I will make sure the team takes a bow and continue to make Martoca couples happy for 2018 an 2019. Salvador and Mariana and our vendors all take deep pride in providing the best service possible. To be honest, we were all impressed with the way it all come together. Sometimes they even impress me and I have seen their talent first hand haha. It makes me so happy you allowed me to prove we could do it.
    Creating a wedding from scratch by trusting a "nice website" (mine needs work but I am working on it, haha) is a very strong leap of faith. We appreciate the trust and we always get a kick out of blowing people away by producing more than they ever expected.
    So, we thank you for jumping in to the Martoca circle of trust :) You are family now.

Mayra · Married on 11/04/2017

We got married on Martoca on Saturday November 4th, 2017 and everything turned out to be BEYOND our expectations. The view, the set-up, everything was just stunning, the food was amazing!! Starting from the appetizers and ending with the dessert, all my guests were going on and on about those churros! (best churros ever). I found Martoca on google search and when I want it to get more information about the venue Jimmy called me within minutes to answer every question or concern I had, he was always on top of things, Vero was my coordinator and she was just amazing! She created the wedding of my dreams and I am so happy we chose Martoca as our Venue, literally every guest has told us that it was the best wedding they have ever attended. The service was also 100% I really think my review is very poor compared to how awesome our wedding was, don’t think about it twice, I Highly recommend Martoca Venue if you want one of a kind wedding! Thank you, Jimmy and Vero, for all your help and patience and for creating the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amiga Mayra thank you for your love for Martoca Beach Garden and Vero and the team. We loved hosting your fun wedding. So much dancing!! :) I remember when we met in San Antonio in the cafe and we talked about the wedding and that was pretty cool. Sometimes God just puts us on the same path to help each other out. Thank you for your trust and if you come up to Austin come for happy hour... Or McAllen... I am usually in one of those two cities if I am not in Martoca Beach Garden with weddings :) Un abrazo a los dos! Gracias!-Jimmy

Megan · Married on 10/14/2017

Martoca Beach Garden is an absolutely stunning venue that offers a beautiful and private ambience. Not only is the the venue special itself, but so is Martoca's team. I cannot express how helpful and patient Jimmy was with answering all my questions and concerns. He and Kelley (the wedding planner) were SO accommodating of my super last minute trip to Puerto Vallarta to vacation as well as checking out Martoca as a potential venue. Kelley went above and beyond by picking up my fiance and I and taking us to Martoca, and then driving us to Bravo's (the restaurant they use for catering) to have a food tasting. Don't even get me started on how good that food was!!! I wish there was a restaurant like that in California... best food I've had in a LONG time. I can't thank Jimmy and his team enough for their kindness and for making me feel more than comfortable in planning a destination wedding from California. They truly want to make your wedding the most special day of your life and that every single detail comes alive.

Sent on 09/01/2016

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Gracias amiga Megan for your kind words and for taking the time to express your love for Martoca and our team and Kelley. We are all very happy to help and eager to make this a spectacular wedding for your guests! Can't wait to see the pictures :)-James

Brianna · Married on 09/16/2017

This review is not the review I wished I'd be writing, but I do feel like I should share my thoughts on my experience with Martoca. Jimmy and Kelley are simply amazing. I was planning my wedding with them when my fiancé left me.

Although, I did not end up getting married at Martoca, I can promise you this, the event was going to be beautiful. What I loved most about dealing with Jimmy and Kelley is that I wasn't just a number to them. They aren't an event mill, meaning they have more time and attention to give you as a client.

From the very first call with Jimmy, I knew I was in good hands. He reworked my original package to make it fit my budget, while still having all the bells and whistles. Both Jimmy and Kelley were always prompt to respond either by email or phone. Truly, that is all you can ask for in a destination wedding venue.

Before I found Martoca, I had looked at several different venues in Cabo, Puerto Vallarta and Thailand. I can say confidently that you will not find the experience of Martoca at any of the resort venues.

As hard as it is to leave this review, I felt I needed to say something. Should I ever be engaged in the future, I would consider Martoca first. Thank you Jimmy and Kelley, I hope our paths cross again in the future.

Sent on 05/07/2017

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Hola Amiga Brianna I hope you are hanging in there. I am so sorry you had to go through this stomach turning experience. Your heart must be in pieces. As we discussed on the phone amiga, although it is painful, it was best to know now what man you were about to marry. It is a kick in the shin for sure; But, you will see the universe had other plans for you. Better plans. A much better life for you than you would have had. You are deserving of so much more. By speaking and emailing with brides, I can tell a lot about people. You are nothing but a class act. I was surprised to see your review amiga. To be honest, it was a sad. I thought you would want nothing to do with weddings or Martoca. But that is who you are; All heart. You are trying to help even when you are down. I appreciate it and wish you nothing but the best. You have my full support and Martoca's love. We will be here is you ever want to come and get a beer and cook some grilled Red Snapper or some tacos on a lazy Sunday. If you get engaged fine. if not fine ;). Just be you and enjoy life. Let it come to you... We will be here either way.-Much love, Jimmy

Megan · Married on 09/10/2017

I don't even know where to start!! Not only is the venue top notch and beautiful...but the staff is absolutely amazing!! We were not treated like clients or customers but as family and friends! James and Veronica went out of their way to make sure our day was truly unique and everything we wanted was customized to exactly how we wanted it. We had so many people comment on how perfect our wedding was, and even a couple people want their kids to get married there or renew their vows there. The food was perfect in every way! Also, I was 6 months preggo at the wedding and they made sure to make sure I was feeling good and checked on me the entire time I was in Puerta Vallarta making sure me and the baby were doing fine which to me was super thoughtful and sweet! James is hilarious and Veronica is the perfect wedding planner. Truly couldn't be more happy!!!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amiga Megan: My wife just read this and said that if you think I am hilarious you should try living with me for 20 years!! HAHA!. I love you guys. I love couples who are genuine and just salt of the earth. Classy and fun. I wish you nothing but the best and I hope you enjoyed the ice cream and you come back when you are fully ready to party hard ;) Mi casa es su casa! And yes, Brad and i will go hunting after, of course, the baby is born and grown a bit of course. :) Thank you so much amigos! It was our pleasure to serve you.-James

Kathy · Married on 07/07/2017

If you are looking for somewhere in Mexico that is unique and beautiful to have your wedding. Look no further, Martoca Beach Garden is the wedding venue for you. My husband and I live in New York and are avid travelers. We still would choose Martoca Beach Garden for our wedding a thousand times over. One, the setting is truly one of a kind. I was able to have a beach ceremony, a garden setting cocktail hour, and my tented reception all in the same location. That made my guests have more time to actually enjoy the festivities instead of having to travel to different locations. Two, you truly CAN have and customize everything you want! I think I pushed this theory to the limit when I asked my wedding planner Kelley for an 8 ft by 12 in, all natural, REAL flower wall to use as a backdrop for my wedding photos. Well guess what? I got my dream flower wall and it was even more stunning and beautiful then the sample pictures I sent. When I first saw this venue I was a bit skeptical they could grasp my vision. I wanted everything to be elegant and magical. I saw a lot of boho, earthy, or tropical weddings done prior. Jimmy and his team, and my amazing wedding planner Kelley assured me that my vision could be done. I had THE most elegant, extravagant, and magical wedding for HALF the price I was quoted for in other venues. This included tall elegant centerpieces, a Pinterest perfect tent with draping, string lights, and chandeliers, a breath taking REAL flower wall, fire dancers, fire works, and a sparkler send off. There is nothing else I wanted or asked for that I didn’t receive. I cannot give enough praises to my wedding planner Kelley. She made sure my vision came to life and even surprised me with things I didn’t even ask for. Jimmy who’s family owns this venue I cannot say thank you enough! He really goes above and beyond to make sure his Martoca couples are happy. I cannot recommend Martoca enough, you truly will not be disappointed! Xoxo Kathy and Marquis.

Sent on 06/08/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your kind words on Martoca Weddings planning team amiga. Martoca is all about making the guests feel they are receiving more than they ever imagined. Our mission is to make our bride cry! ---Of joy of course--- ;) So We are happy we accomplished this for you. I have the picture where you are crying of joy! It was a great day for our Martoca Team to see you overwhelmed with joy. Mission accomplished :) xoxoxo Jimmy and Martoca Team

Noellia · Married on 06/04/2017

We got married at Martoca on Sunday and it was everything I could have dreamed of and more. After a frustrating search in America due to the fact that my husband and I are paying off school debt and paid for the wedding ourselves we decided to do destination. I emailed jimmy and immediately got a detailed response with costs and everything else that was important! We decided this was our venue and picked Martoca completely blind having never even been to PV. I am so glad we did! The venue is stunning just on it's own and every detail was amazing. From the flowers to the food (OMG the churros) to the fireworks and sparklers! We opted to get hand rolled cigars and they were a hit! Our guests always had a drink in their hands. I was concerned to plan from the states but they made it so easy and smooth and once we were set Veronica was an angel. She always answered my questions and got back to me so fast! Maite's decorations were beautiful!! My guests are still going on and on about it being the most beautiful wedding they have attended. Thank you for such a magical day! (Future brides feel free to message me with any questions)

Sent on 06/09/2017

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Queridos amigos Noellia and Adam; Thank you for your kind words and for trusting and choosing Vallarta-Nayarit and Martoca for your amazing fiesta! Your blind trust is much appreciated and respected. We are so happy you loved the churros and our venue haha. I am so happy to have had you with us and that our Martoca Wedding Team made your dream wedding come true. We love to serve and make you happy. On a special note: We really loved that may of your bridal party and guests were Broadway actors and Hollywood actors! How cool is that ;) Gracias amigos! Come visit soon.-Martoca Family

Rebecca-Tess · Married on 04/24/2017

We couldn't have possibly hoped or dreamed for anything more in a wedding venue. Jimmy (owner) and Kelley (wedding planner) pulled out all the stops to make everything extra special for us, from speciality cocktails (jalapeño margs) to magical decor, nothing was too much trouble. All the staff were also very friendly and efficient. Our guests loved the setting and Instagram was blowing up with so many pictures of the beautiful venue.
    Thanks again guys!
    Becca and Patrick
    24th April 2017

Sent on 06/15/2017

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your trust amiga! Our Martoca Wedding Team's heart is filled with joy when we get a review like yours. I am so happy you and Pat had a great time; And I am glad his knee is much better :) and was able to dance on it :) Gracias amigos! Come back and have a Pacifico at the pool with us sometime. Martoca Family

Andrea · Married on 03/17/2017

I cannot say enough about this AMAZING venue and staff.....seriously I have a lot to say. Please copy and paste the link to read my complete review of the BEST wedding Venue!!

You will be blown away by the level of service, originality, beauty, and team work at Martoca!! Our wedding was almost 4 months ago and I still think about our wedding day and how amazing it was thanks to Martoca and the amazing team!!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Thank you for such amazing words and your generous nature amiga. We loved to help. We loved seeing your pictures and your happiness. Most of all, we loved that your guests and yourselves love Mexico. We will see you again. I have a special place in my heart for teachers (my mom is one) so that is a bonus! :) Gracias and come back soon for some Coronas! :)-James

Jeff · Married on 03/04/2017

Our daughter was married at Martoca in March of 2017 in one of the most amazing weddings I could have ever imagined! As the father of the Bride my perspective may be a bit different but important to anyone considering Martoca Beach Gardens for a wedding.

We started the journey almost a year ahead of the proposed date (something I highly recommend if you want to secure a good date at Martoca).
    On the surface, it looked beautiful...almost too good to be true. Turns out it was even more beautiful and perfect for the wedding than we could have dreamed!

Owner - Jimmy Basanez. He was our first point of contact and from the very beginning he made us feel welcome and comfortable. He assured us of what he and his Team would deliver and fully explained the value, service and quality we would receive for our money. When the ineviteble situation came up in the planning stages he always engaged immediately with a quick resolution. He coordinated all activities but trusted his Team to deliver on the vision Chelsea had of her special day. Jimmy treated us like family

Salvador. From the first day we set foot in PV in June of 2016 to plan the wedding Salvador was in charge of everything in Mexico. He helped us find a hotel for the 133 guests who would attend, helped us find a rehearsal dinner location, walked us through the venue and really listened to and grasped Chelsea's vision. He personally drove us to location after location. As the Father of the Bride trying to plan a wedding in a foreign country Salvador make it seem easy!
    Veronica. As the wedding planner Veronica was a perfect complement to Salvador! Her vision and passion was evident and she did an amazing job fulfilling Chelsea's vision for the wedding. She especially made her feel calm even when many brides might tend to panic.
    Maile - She was in charge of all the flowers and decorations and they were MAGNIFICENT! She completely grasped Chelsea's vision. A true Artist.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Rosa · Married on 03/03/2017

Just do it! It was an so much more than we had anticipated and all the previous reviews sound like they had the same experience we did working with Jimmy and his Staff. Vero and Maite gave us a stunning wedding, the wait staff was incredible. The decor was impecable and much more than we could have imagined. Our Friends and Family had the time of their lives. We will always recommend Martoca Gardens to anyone looking for a once in a lifetime experience.

Sent on 03/16/2017

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amiga Rosa thank you so much for your kind review. We know it is a leap of faith every time a couple trusts us online to provide them with a fabulous wedding on their most important day of their lives. We know this and appreciate it. We are so happy you loved it :) Gracias y saludos a todos! -Jimmy
  • O

Olivia · Married on 02/25/2017

Ok, so at first we were a little skeptical of having our wedding at Martoca... you just never know what you will get, but OMG we wouldn't have had our wedding anywhere else. We live in the U.S and selected Martoca as our wedding venue sight unseen and put our trust into James (owner) and the Martoca wedding planning team's hands...our trust sure paid off!!! The venue is amazing and romantic! The Martoca team was fantastic! All the details of the day came together like magic. The service team was on point and made sure everyone had a drink in hand and was well taken care of!! James the owner was awesome to work with as well!
    If you are looking at having your wedding at Martoca... JUST DO IT. Not only were we blown away, but so were our friends!!!

Sent on 03/02/2017

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Gracias amigos! It is a our pleasure. We love to help. Seeing you so happy is what we are all about! Gracias. Come have some Coronas with us when you return down here to visit :)-James

Cynthia · Married on 02/24/2017

Martoca Beach Garden exceeded all of our expectations from start to finish. They gave us an incredible wedding that no hotel or resort could top, yes because the venue is private, but also because of their service and attention to detail. Jimmy and his team communicated with us through the entire process, which set us at ease and allowed us to focus on other aspects of the destination wedding. What also set them apart is they were the only venue that welcomed our little dog to the wedding. I can't tell you how much it meant to me and my husband that our dog was there with us.
    Our planners, Veronica and Maite, went above and beyond by bringing together all my ideas and little details to make my dream wedding a reality. We served Mexican food and Jimmy's recommendations, and the chef's skills, didn't disappoint this Mexican bride :) Many of our guests still talk about the mole, tacos and CHURROS! And as you would guess, the waitstaff and bartenders were all super attentive as well.
    From top to bottom, simply put, Martoca is the best :) Salud and thank you to Martoca team for everything!

Sent on 04/12/2017

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely words amiga! I am so happy for you and your doggie Daisy Poo :) haha. I am truly touched with your comments and proud of how we touched your lives. It makes me work harder :) Muchas gracias. Un abrazo muy grande! -Jimmy