Martin's Caterers Reviews

Martin's Caterers 3
Martin's Caterers 4
Martin's Caterers 5

Monyette · Married on 09/08/2017

Thanks to the staff at Valley Mansion by Martin's,our wedding was AMAZING! Our event planner was Bertha Boring.We never had to worry about a response to an inquiry because Ms.Bertha (or Auntie Bertha as I now call her) or one of her associates was always there from beginning to end.And the final product was beyond what we could have ever imagined.The space is beautiful alone, but once they put their special touches on everything I was floored!I have multiple allergies and the chef made sure I was accommodated on my special day.The food was OUTSTANDING! Our event manager/MC was Franklin and boy did he make everything fun and exciting.He was pleasant, funny, entertaining and he helped take care of my husband and I, along with our wedding party, from the moment we walked in the building until the moment we left. And when the dessert bar was presented! OMG THE WALL RAISED,SMOKE CAME,SIRENS WENT OFF!And behind that wall was a huge variety of delicious desserts from one end of the room to the other being served by the most immaculate dressed servers I've ever seen.Everyone was pleasant,smiling and inviting to all of our guests.Ms. Linda was our attendant for the evening.She was so attentive to our every need.I never had to look for a napkin, ask for a refill of anything, or look for a chair to rest.Linda held my train, helped me maneuver my huge dress, change my shoes and everything while Franklin attended to our crazy wedding party LOL.I swear if anything possibly went wrong, we never knew and I highly doubt that it did.Valley mansion is beautiful, clean, accommodating and has the best staff I have ever had the pleasure of working with.I am a corporate chef and I have never experienced such a loving and caring group of people.The bartenders, servers, janitors, kitchen staff, chef, Ms. Bertha, Franklin, Linda, and anyone else I forgot to mention, will forever be in our hearts.NOBODY DOES IT BETTER THAN MARTIN'S!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much for an amazing review, Monyette. We could not be happier that this day was everything you imagined. I will be sure to pass this wonderful review on to the rest of our staff. Wishing you lifetime of love and happiness! <3

Amara · Married on 09/02/2017

Best wedding, staff were so attentive to my husband and I. They accommodated us, from the beginning to the end. I highly recommend to use this venue for any event.

Sent on 11/19/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Thank you Amara! Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Kyle · Married on 08/26/2017

To the Amazing Team at Camelot's by Martins:

This is Kyle Mimms, Senior Events Producer for Events by David Rosa (EBDR). Our company just finished designing and coordinating the Tates Wedding at your location on Saturday, August 26, 2017, and we just wanted to reach out to say a huge "THANK YOU" to your entire team for making Saturday such a huge success! We truly appreciate everyone's time, patience, and assistance from conception to close.

Leading up to the event, Ms. Wincy Williams and Ms. Yvonne Hawkins provided outstanding service in assisting EBDR and the couple-to-be in setting up their big day.

On the day of the show, due to external factors surrounding this past weekend, many of EBDR's event staff were not available to assist in the setup for the event, which put the weight of the setup and coordination on my shoulders, personally. There was tons to do with a quickly diminishing timetable, and I must say that if it wasn't for the exceptional service provided by Mr. Thomas White, Ms. Kim Wesley, the rest of the banquet staff, all the way down to Security, I would not have been able to accomplish half of what I set out to do on Saturday. Your entire office staff always treated us like family.

With all of this being said, I'm sure that it comes at no surprise that it has truly been a pleasure working alongside each and every one of you, and we definitely look forward to hosting another event at your location in the near future. We will most certainly be recommending your venue to our future clients. Thank you, again, for your exceptional customer service!!! Take care.

Sent on 09/02/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Wow! Thank you Kyle for an amazing review. We are so happy that our staff went and above and beyond and we hope you return in the near future. :)

Amanda · Married on 08/26/2017

My wedding at Martin's West was absolutely amazing! I worked with Shira during the planning process and she made sure I stayed on track and did not miss a beat! She really worked with me to ensure every detail was perfect and the wedding turned out beautifully! On the day of the wedding, Brent and Anna were my bridal consultants/coordinators and they were amazing as well! They were so prepared and made sure that my husband and I had a great time!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Hi Amanda, Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so happy that your special day was everything you imagines. Wishing you both a lifetime of love and happiness. :)

Lorna · event on: 08/25/2017

Very nice event birthday event for my brother 70 birthday.

Sent on 06/21/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Hi Lorna! Thanks so much for the positive feedback, we appreciate it. We are so glad you enjoyed your time here with us for your brother's birthday! We hope to see you again soon!

Hilda · Married on 08/25/2017

Camelot and entire staff was truly amazing. I had the wedding of my dream and I couldn't have done it without Wincy Williams and Thomas the Banquet manager. They went above and beyond to make sure my day was everything I dreamt of and more. What I found more special than anything was their genuine care for my husband and I. Weddings are so stressful and being a young couple with big dreams, they literally held us by the hand a walked us through it every step of the way. I can't be more grateful. Wincy and Thomas and the entire team at Camelot....WE SAY THANK YOU. I will shout out your name to the entire DMV... Camelot is the best venue.

Sent on 12/26/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Wow, Hilda! This is such a wonderful review. Thank you so much. I will be sure to pass this onto the rest of our staff. Wishing you happy new year! :)

Correan · event on: 07/29/2017

Ali, our Martin's planner was pleasant, patient, and thorough in her planning of my mother's 85th birthday celebration. She arranged a meeting between me, my daughter and Martin's AV technician to ensure that all video equipment, microphones, screens were in working order prior to the birthday party. She provided a lay out of the room that would accommodate the band and photographer and still allow space for the bar, buffet, and dance floor. Brent was available during the party to ensure a timely movement of the planned agenda. The food was hot, delicious and plentiful We've received so many positive comments regarding the success of this celebration.

Sent on 08/10/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Hi Correan, Thank you for such a wonderful review! I will be sure to pass this onto Ali and the rest of Martin's staff. We hope to see you back in the near future. :)

Victoria · event on: 07/29/2017

This is the second time I have planned an event at Martin's West. There is one word to the experience - exemplary. The room was perfectly decorated. From the appetizers to the dessert, our guests were totally satisfied. The staff was kind and attentive. Lisa (our Event Hostess) deserves a standing ovation. She was where I couldn't be and took over a situation with one of my vendors. Lisa made sure that our every needs were met with professionalism, which is indicative of Martin's West.

Sent on 08/11/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Hi Victoria, Thank you so much for your kind words. We hope to work with you again in the near future. Thanks!

Melanie · event on: 07/27/2017

Our event was great as usual, We always have wonderful service customer service. The venue was set up perfectly, The food was very good. We will for sure have more events with Martins!

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Hi Melanie! We are so glad you had a good time at your event with us and that the food and service was so good. We hope to see you sometime soon!

Michelle · event on: 07/23/2017

Martin's West is and always will be my venue of choice. I have held several parties there and they are the best in all respects, such as food, venue, and the people. Diane Bosse is the Assistant Sales Manager that I always deal with and she helps to make it an event of a lifetime. They believe in quality and that "CUSTOMER SERVICE IS #1". I recommend Martin's to any and everybody.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Hi Michelle, Thank you so much for you kind words. I will be sure to pass this on to Diane and the rest of staff. We hope to see you back in the near future. :)
  • Regina

Regina · Married on 07/22/2017

From day 1 my experience with Valley Mansion was awesome. Mrs Bertha was phenomenal she was very straight up and professional . On my Big day John and Linda was the best host and hostess ever. They made my day.. everything was more than what I ever imagined. I am so pleased with Vally Mansion and the staff. Everyone at my wedding complimented the food , I heard nothing but great results. My guest also complimented John and Linda on their service and professionalism . Thank you for making my day the Best day ever.

Sent on 08/09/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Regina! We are so happy to hear that your day was everything you imagined it to be and more. Wishing you both a lifetime of love and happiness. <3

Reetu · event on: 07/22/2017

I had a great experience with the company, managers, staff, and everyone at the Martins. The event was organized without any flaw, and I really appreciate it. Everyone enjoyed the ceremony, and the management of the entire Martin's staff. I am glad to have hosted the event at the Martin's East location, and will continue to do so in future. Thank you

Sent on 08/11/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Hi Reetu, Thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful time and we hope to see you back in the near future. :)

Regina · Married on 07/22/2017

from day 1 Mrs. Bertha was awesome, she made sure everything was perfect. John and Linda was my wedding day team, they were awesome, they made sure everything ran perfect. I couldnt ask for a Perfect venue. I was happy and I definently will recommend this venue. also my guest loved the food, the food was awesome, great Job

Sent on 07/30/2017
  • User5195092 · 2+ years ago

The space is beautiful with huge chandeliers. It's a one stop shop, the ceremony and reception can be done at one location which is very convenient for you and your guests!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Kelly · Married on 07/15/2017

My husband and I had a fantastic, amazing, spectacular experience with Martin's Caterer West for our wedding day. We did our research around their 4 locations in the DMV area and this location was the best one for us. Their venue for the ceremony is beautiful inside and out (we had an outside garden wedding). They did the decorations and the food catering for the reception. And they have an Event Planner Sue Davis who is the best to work with who helped organized everything leading up to our special day. The only thing negative I had to say is I WISH THE DAY NEVER ENDED!!! lol THANK YOU SO MUCH MARTIN"S CATERERS WEST!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Thank you, Kelly! We are so delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful day. We hope to see you again in the near future. Wishing you both a lifetime of love and happiness! <3

Angelique · event on: 07/14/2017

My church had our first annual Crab Feast at Martin's East and it was amazing. The food was great and the service was superb. From beginning to end the staff went above and beyond to ensure that our event was a huge success. A special thank you to Tony, Bill, and Lou who really exceeded my expectations. We are already planning for next year.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Hi Angelique! We are so happy to hear that you and your church had such a wonderful time at the Crab Feast and are planning on coming back. Thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate it. We are delighted to be told our staff was so accommodating. We hope to see you soon!

Markia · Married on 07/07/2017

My husband and I were beyond pleased by the service, professionalism, expertise and responsiveness from the staff at Martin's Valley Mansion. We had an amazing reception. The decor looked wonderful and the food was absolutely delicious! We couldn't have chosen a better venue. We are so delighted that we chose Martin's!

Sent on 08/12/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Thank you Marika, We are so happy to hear that your day was everything you imagined it to be. Wishing you both a lifetime of love and happiness! <3

Cheryl · Married on 07/03/2017

My wedding coordinator Will Hall of Wedding Solutions introduced to me Karen of Valley Manison & it was the best thing ever!! She was great & made everything so simple & easy!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Vivian · event on: 06/25/2017

When I arrived @Martins on the day of the event, I was met by the head staff person, Darrel, who introduced me to several additional workers (David, Stanley) and they were so courteous and kind and anxious to help with all requests. This was my church's third time using this facility and we highly recommend you to all of our family and friends who is looking for a similar venue. Thank you so much - from beginning (meeting Karen Baker who was so very helpful in everything) to the very end of the affair, I enjoyed my experience one hundred percent.

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Hi Vivian! We are so glad to hear that all of our staff was so helpful with everything setting up wise and other stuff. We are happy to hear that you and your church keeps coming back and we hope to see you again soon!

Michael · event on: 06/25/2017

Martin's Caterers made our 60th church anniversary a wonderful, unforgettable experience. The staff was professional and went beyond the call of duty in providing customer service excellence. Our guest were delighted, the food was delicious and our anniversary was a success. The evening was a night to remember.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Michael, we are so delighted to hear that your event went so well and our staff was able to help make it the best it could be. We hope you all come back for another event really soon! Congrats on 60 years!

Carolyn · event on: 06/24/2017

The staff was very professional and attentive to my guests. I wouldn't hesitate to book another event at Martin's West.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Hi Carolyn! Thank you so much for your feedback, we appreciate it. We are glad to hear that our staff was so helpful and we hope to see you again sometime soon!

Heather · event on: 06/22/2017

Our company has used Martin's facilities for years and we are always pleased. The staff is friendly, courteous, respectful and always eager to assist with any detail no matter how big or small.

Sent on 06/29/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Heather, we are so happy to hear that our staff is so helpful and respectful at our events. Thanks for the feedback. We hope you come to an event sometime soon!

Jeanetta · event on: 06/15/2017

Martins East did and EXCELLENT job!!!! The set up was beautiful, the food was delicious, the service was remarkable and the clean up was amazing!!! I will definitely contact them again in the future. I'd like to give a special shout out to the staff, Toni, A.J., Sandi, Tyler, Zach W., Tu, and Barb...Thanks for your professionalism hospitality! You guys are the BEST!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Hi Jeanetta! We are so glad to hear all the positive feedback about our staff. We are so glad you enjoyed your event with us and that everything was cleaned up so efficiently. We hope to see you sometime soon!

Jeannie · event on: 06/15/2017

This was my first time planning the annual service awards dinner for the hospital and I was immediately put at ease by Karen Baker and her staff. They guided me through the process as we have used their venue for the last few years. I was told everyone was pleased with outcome and things couldn't have gone more smoothly.

Martin's Caterers's reply:

Jeannie, We are so glad to hear our staff was so helpful and attentive to everything needed for your event. We hope that you come back for another event sometime in the future!

Laura · event on: 06/10/2017

This is the2nd year hosting our GBMC SAFE/ Domestic Violence Program BullRoast at Martin's East, and we could not be happier with how everything turned out. I honestly can not think of one thing I would change. The place was beautifully decorated, the food was amazing, and the staff were incredibly pleasant. Anthony was super helpful in getting everything organized in the weeks leading up to our event. He met with me multiple times to ensure that everything was perfect, and made every attempt to make things easier on me. We are a non-profit program, so holding events like these are imperative to keep our unit operating at its best. I am super thankful for how successful this event has been, and how much it is growing each year. I look forward to working with Martins East next year!

Sent on 06/16/2017