Bill Proud-Married Catholic Priest Wedding Officiant Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • Kiersten
    Kiersten R. Married on 08/24/2019

The best!

I am so happy we met Bill and he officiated our wedding! He was awesome. He helped us customize a ceremony that was unique to us and he was able to coordinate our very large bridal party. I would HIGHLY recommend using Bill for your wedding. He was seriously the best!
  • Rebecca and Evan
    Rebecca A. Married on 10/13/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfect addition to our Ceremony!

Bill was an absolute joy to work with. He gave us a lot of options for each part of our Ceremony timeline allowing us to personalize the entire thing. We met with him a couple of times before the big day to get everything all situated and any questions ironed out. Most definitely the best choice!
    Rebecca Married on 11/12/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Bill was one of my favorite people that I met while wedding planning. My husband and I met with him twice prior to the wedding. We met at his home and shared a little about ourselves and what we envisioned for our wedding ceremony. Bill provided several ceremony outlines for different types of weddings. We picked what we liked from the different outlines so that our wedding was customized to our liking. He included a "Parents' blessing" in the ceremony that was so touching for our families. Everyone commented on how much they loved our ceremony. Bill has a very nice speaking voice, and he speaks very clearly into the microphone. He has a very warm and cheerful personality that makes you love him instantly. We are so happy we booked him for our wedding. Thank you Bill!
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
  • User2640593 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Wonderful JOB!!!!! So friendly and has easy layouts to make sure your wedding is everything you wanted it to be. Bill is so easy to work with. He was perfect for us since I was catholic and my husband was not....GREAT JOB!!!
  • FutureMrsD
    Britt Married on 06/20/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Bill Proud was so wonderful to work with! My husband is Catholic, so we wanted someone who could give us a ceremony with Catholic roots but contemporary elements as well, which is exactly what Bill was able to achieve. He made it easy for us to design the ceremony we wanted, was very professional and organized, and just has a warm personality that helped us feel at ease. He also has a great sense of humor and brought some laughter to the ceremony along with our happy tears. Highly recommended!
    Cindy Married on 08/02/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I really enjoyed working with Bill. He was extremely helpful in putting together a ceremony that best fit our needs.
    Keli Married on 09/07/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I can't say enough good things about Bill! Throughout the whole process, he was patient and flexible with our every changing ideas. Bill was very laid back, but always prompt to answer questions. Honestly his very presence at our ceremony added to the warm atmosphere of the day. I am so happy we chose him :)
    Jacqueline Married on 08/17/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We were lucky to have Bill as our officiant at our wedding! He was very flexible with his schedule in meeting with us and attending our rehearsal, and he was very responsive to all my emails and helped us create the perfect vows for us! He was referred to me by 2 different sets of friends, and I would definitely recommend him as well. He did a perfect job and made our ceremony alot more special!
    Diana Married on 08/03/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Bill was wonderful to work with. Very flexible, worked with us to give us exactly what we wanted. We interviewed a couple other officiants and he stood out as someone we wanted to do our ceremony.
    Jennifer Married on 07/06/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Bill made our ceremony so special. He was very responsive by email or phone and was very helpful in providing examples of different types of ceremonies. Bill is so organized and has sample ceremony verbiage and we just took pieces from each that we liked and created our own personal ceremony. It was great to be able to personalize our ceremony. It was such an amazing ceremony and so very beautiful. Thank you Bill for making our day so wonderful and special!
  • User1153146 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    As others have said, Bill was wonderful! I was totally lost on what we would do for a ceremony, and he made it very simple, while still giving us lots of options to make it our "own". He was prompt with emails, and on time with the rehearsal and wedding. He gave our simple but (I think) beautiful ceremony without a single hitch, even pronouncing some complicated names with no problem :)
    I highly recommend Bill! He also has a lovely dog that you might have the privilege to meet if you go with him for your officiant!
    Katie Married on 02/25/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Bill was simply amazing and one of my favorite "vendors." I knew after meeting him I wanted him to officiate my wedding. He had so many great ideas and material so that we were able to personalize our ceremony and really walked us through the process. I would highly recommend Bill!
    Melissa Married on 05/29/2010
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Bill was great to work with and we would definitely recommend him. We had no idea how to structure our ceremony and he was very helpful and provided us with a lot of material that we could incorporate.
  • justine5665
    Justine Married on 01/02/2010
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Bill is the best! He and our florist were literally our only vendors who were on top of things from the very beginning and never dropped the ball. He was so kind and helpful, and let us create the perfect ceremony for our taste. As soon as we met him we knew he would be great, and he did not let us down. He was funny and genuine, and he was always very prompt in replying to us via e-mail (and he even was careful to update us on his contact information when he moved). My husband and I cannot say enough positive things about him, and would recommend him any day!
    Amanda Married on 10/17/2009
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Very easy to work with, listens to your preferences and helps with all the little things for writing your vows and planning the ceremony.
    Kelly Married on 09/11/2009
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Bill was a wonderful help during my wedding. I interviewed plenty of officiants prior to hiring Bill - He was able to personalize our ceremony without going too far away from the church. It was a great service and I would recommend hiring him to anyone.
    Stephanie Married on 08/15/2008
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Bill is the best. He lets you choose the ceremony that you want, and offers helpful suggestions when you ask. He has done a ton of weddings and he knows what he's doing. He was a Catholic priest for 20 years, then left the priesthood to get married to his wife Patty. When we met with him the first time he told us about his past, he is such an interesting, kind and well educated man. He loves life and genuinely enjoys life and performing weddings. He was extremely flexible and did a great job on the wedding day. Give him a call, you won't regret it!
    Katie Married on 06/23/2007
    4.4 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    We found Bill Proud through a wedding message board and we are so thankful. Bill was so prompt in his response, he allowed us to cater the ceremony and he was a pleasure to work with. One thing I remember most is what a calming effect Bill had on us during the ceremony. He was just so pleasant and peaceful and made sure we both really enjoyed the moment. I would highly recommend booking Bill for your officiant!
  • Katy
    Katy B. Married on 09/04/2021
    3.6 out of 5 rating
      2.0 out of 5 rating
      2.0 out of 5 rating

Honest Review.

Bill costs as much as any officiant on WeddingWire, however it wasn’t until the last meeting which was two weeks before our wedding we found out he doesn’t attend rehearsal. This is huge, my venue made an exception and ran it for me. He’s just getting a bit older, he pronounced my husbands name wrong twice during the ceremony (DJ). He said the reason he no longer does rehearsal is because he’s getting older and wants to spend more time with his wife, because of that fact alone I wouldn’t recommend.

Bill Proud-Married Catholic Priest Wedding Officiant's reply:

I am truly sorry that Katy, and I suppose DJ, are disappointed in my wedding officiant services. The only thing I would like to say is that the fact that I do not attend rehearsals is clearly stated in my website and is highlighted in black in an "Introductory Letter" that I send to every couple who contacts me about my availability.. My assumption is that couples would move on to someone else if this is not acceptable. I do apologize if I mispronounced "DJ". It's one of the easier names I have ever had to remember. As to wanting to spend more time with my wife....what can I say...I love her....even though I am getting "older"
illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message