Marquette Avenue Events Reviews

42 | Chicago, IL

42 Reviews for Marquette Avenue Events

• Cassandra

Cassandra Wren · Married on 09/06/2020

Brianne is the best there is!

If you are unsure about your wedding details and think you are a “do-it-yourself” bride—please stop the nonsense and call Brianne and the MAE team! You will not be disappointed! :)

My husband and I had been attempting to plan our wedding for a year without a planner. Our venue indicated that they take on most of the heavy lifting on our wedding day, so we thought we could find the vendors and be done! Then COVID happened, everything was closed and our September date was in jeopardy. When things finally started opening in July, we went out on a limb to try to have our wedding anyway and a month in, we realized that only a crazy person would be able to pull off having a wedding, especially with no planner, during a pandemic. Frantically looking though local ads for wedding planners, and with most we reached out to declining our request stating the event was too soon, we came across Marquette Avenue Events.

From the first call I had with Brianne, I knew she would be awesome. Brianne wanted to know everything about the day, and was genuinely ready and willing to help, even with short notice! I was still on the fence about hiring a planner (crazy me!), but she started assisting immediately even before I’d made a payment! She genuinely wanted me to have the wedding day of my dreams. Brianne is on top of everything. She would call/text daily not only to handle business (business we didn’t even know we had) but to make sure we were happy, healthy and ready for the big day. Brianne is literally like the maid of honor you wish you had, project manager, and cheerleader all in one! It’s hard not to love her with her positivity and ability to get things done both creatively and professionally. You can literally just tell her what you want, and she delivers (sometimes even more than you asked for)! For example, we needed a DJ and she got us a live musician and a DJ for less than the price of one! Needless to say, I was able to wake up the morning of the wedding knowing I could relax and Brianne would handle the rest. Our day was beyond beautiful! My husband keeps saying that our wedding was the best day of his life and I couldn’t agree more! We owe it all to Brianne! If we could do it all over again, the only thing we would change is to hire her sooner!

Sent on 10/28/2020
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 09/05/2020

The BEST Wedding Planner - Fairy GodPlanner!

We had a PERFECT wedding because of Brianne! There are no words available to express the gratitude and appreciation we have for the energy and effort Brianne put into our wedding in September 2020 in Chicago!
    Due to the pandemic, we decided (in June 2020) to cancel our 150-Guest-September-2020 wedding that we had been planning for 3 years on our own, and to instead have an intimate micro wedding of 30 persons. We were cancelling 3 years of planning, and creating a brand new wedding from scratch in only 3 months. We are both healthcare workers, and we did not have the time to make this happen. We found Brianne from searching through all the wedding websites, and reached out to her. We told her our goals and budget over a phone call and honestly, she did the rest.
    In only 3 months, she canceled (and got us refunds) from EVERY vendor from the canceled wedding, and then scheduled us to meet with new venues, DJs, tailors, florists, make up teams, livestream, etc… She only chose vendors that she thought would fit our tastes and budget based on what we told her we liked and disliked. We had never heard of the majority of these vendors (who were all very professional) so having Brianne was ESSENTIAL! We could not have found these businesses on our own in that timeframe (or ever!). Along with finding venues, Brianne was amazing at negotiating prices down. We didn’t pay the listed price for any of the vendors.
    Brianne responded to ALL of our messages at any time of day. Our contract with her mentioned that she would be available something like M-F 8:00 AM -6:00 PM to plan the wedding but we found that she responded on weekends and at night whenever we emailed or sent her a text message. She told us that since we were healthcare workers and had busy schedules she would accommodate us any time.
    Brianne was very familiar with the local laws and guidance for the pandemic. There was no point where we felt unsafe due to Covid19 – and again – we’re healthcare workers so we have high standards (masks, social distancing, limited travel, etc…)! She even made sure all of the vendors abided by the pandemic rules.
    On the wedding day, she had every logistic planned. She had first aid kits, a little fabric sewing kit in case clothes got damaged, she was tracking the weather, all the vendors, the rides, all the little trinkets and decorations, our rings, you name it! We didn’t keep track of ANYTHING because Brianne did it for us.
    Brianne was professional, timely, and well-networked. She was both assertive, kind, and made sure we got what we wanted. She made us the center of our own wedding. After a few weeks with Brianne, we barely stressed at all! On our wedding day, we weren’t wondering about the music, the photographer, the food, etc.. It literally felt like we were guests going to a cool party where the theme was “us”, and then we got to take credit at the end for being great hosts! It’s 8 weeks later and a coworker just told us that they re-watched our wedding video because it was so gorgeous! It was an absolute privilege working with this amazing wedding planner.
    Thank you Brianne. We will cherish our wedding day forever because of the work you did for us.
    We would recommend her to anyone! She is an amazing person and is so great at her job!

Sent on 10/23/2020

Nicole · Married on 03/21/2020

Smart, visionary who will hold your hand through it all and always be your best advocate especially during these uncertain times!

Let me begin by saying Brianne and her team at MAE are the BEST event planners you will ever come across. No one is more dedicated to their craft than MAE.

We had planned a destination wedding for March 2020 in Florida, but wanted to be legally married in our home church in Chicago. Brianne not only helped us arrange our church ceremony but went out of her way to even help and advise for our destination wedding. We began by meeting and getting to know each other. Brianne’s kindness, sweetness and imagination exuded in her. We instantly were able to connect both in personality and vision. She completely understood my vision and then expanded on them in ways I never could have imagined.

Throughout the process Brianne personally escorted us to bridal and tuxedo fittings, venue locations, tastings, florists, etc. It was beyond comforting to have her hold our hands through this scary and stressful time....and that was only the beginning!!

We were one of the unfortunate couples who were effected by COVID-19. My destination wedding in FL had to be cancelled and now our ceremony was supposed to be cancelled. The week leading to the ceremony was chaos.

Two days before our ceremony date, the City of Chicago/State of IL announced that a “shelter in place order” would take effect the day of our ceremony. Brianne and her team worked diligently to get all the information they could to see if our ceremony could take place. Behind the scenes, unbeknownst to me, Brianne negotiated with our church, florist and photographer to squeeze in our ceremony just 2 hours before the Shelter in place order took effect!

When I arrived at church it was beautiful! The church was beautifully decorated and the floral arrangements were stunning. Brianne was able to calm me down. I was a nervous wreck! Covid 19 was such a new and scary thing at that time that I was a mess. She called me down, confirmed that she personally disinfected the church prior to our arrival, had Hand sanitizer available for everyone and even was wise enough to socially distance our family before socially distancing was even recommended!

After our ceremony she escorted us and our photog through the city in a timely manner to get our photos done before the lockdown went into effect.

A few days later, Brianne called to check in and see how we were doing. It was on the phone call that she revealed to me all of the chaos that was happening behind the scenes the day of the wedding. For example, the florist never delivered all of the flowers that I ordered. Among those missing flowers were boutonnières and bouquets for me and my maid of honor. I had no idea that Brianne scrambled to make boutonnières and bouquets herself from flowers she pulled from our altar arrangements! The bouquet she handed me when I arrived at church were just as beautiful as the ones I had originally ordered from the florist!!

When it was all said and done Brianne also took lead to deal with the vendors who did not hold up their end of the agreement. Brianne may be small and sweet, but do not for one moment think that this chick is gonna get pushed around. Brianne guards her brides and grooms like a fierce pit bull and will always protect YOUR best interest, even after the wedding is over. In uncertain times like these everyone MUST have someone like that to advocate for them. Brianne will always fight for what’s best for you.

Please, trust in me when I say you could not be in better hands than Brianne’s!

Sent on 10/27/2020
  • Amie

Amie Alberico · Married on 02/12/2020

Amazing!!!

Hiring Brianne and her team was the absolute best and easiest decision my husband and I made while planning our wedding. The whole process was incredibly stress-free and at the end of the day, our wedding was everything we could have dreamed of and more. So many of our wedding guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever attended- and that was all because of MAE! From the moment we met Brianne her professionalism, optimism and love for wedding planning was contagious. MAE was so involved in the entire process (coordinating calls or site visits with vendors, menu tastings, etc.) ,was on top of every detail from the florals, linens, lighting, etc. and created the most extensive timeline to ensure the whole day ran smoothly. We were so lucky to have Brianne and team help us plan our special day, and we wish we could do it all over again. MAE is the best in the business!

Sent on 04/20/2020
  • Atul

Atul J · Married on 01/12/2020

Unforgettable Destination Wedding

Brianne and MAE worked with us to plan our winter 2019 destination wedding in Cancun. Brianne came highly recommended from a close friend. The wedding was a three-day extravaganza packed with events that blended Indian and Latin cultures. My wife and I wanted to share unique elements with our guests at all of our events including live musicians, bands, Mexican and Indian caterers, photo/video, DJs, venues, fireworks, and even a silent disco afterparty. With the help of the Brianne and Diana, we were able to secure a long list of amazing vendors in the Cancun area and bring our vision of a destination wedding to life. Both Brianne and Diana accompanied us on visits to Cancun to help select our wedding hotel, meet with vendors and make sure all logistics were ready to go. We appreciate their months of hard work and dedication and the countless phone calls, video conferences, emails, and in-person meetings along the way! Our wedding was an unforgettable experience and our guests are still raving months later. Thank you MAE!

Sent on 04/26/2020

Lane Phillips · Married on 12/10/2019

Amazing Experience

Brianne and her team at Marquette Avenue Events were SO on top of every detail for wedding planning my family and I were beyond impressed. Our wedding day turned out better than I could have ever imagined thanks to Brianne and her team. From lighting to florals to wardrobe and music they were there every step of the way to help us make decisions big and small. The day of went flawlessly without a single hiccup. Thank you again team Marquette!

Sent on 12/29/2019
  • Katie

Katie Murphy · Married on 11/23/2019

Wedding Stress? Not with MAE!

Hiring Brianne and team as our wedding coordinators was one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding! We had issues with a previous planner who didn't follow through for us, so I contacted Brianne about 1.5 months out from our wedding scrambling and knew from the second that we spoke that she could dive in and help. and she did!! She made the entire month leading up to our wedding (and day!) stress free. She was organized, responsive, kind, and on top of EVERYTHING. Our whole family loved her, the vendors loved her and she kept everything organized and running smoothly. The day of her and Michelle made everything flawless, if anything went wrong, we had NO idea. From giving me advil when I had a headache, to making sure timelines ran smoothly, lighting candles at the reception if they went out, and directing over 400 people, the MAE team did it with a smile. We are SO grateful to the team, and would recommend them to ANYONE planning a wedding who wants to enjoy the day and not worry about the timeline and anything going wrong. We were so lucky to have Brianne, Michelle and team part of our day. THANK YOU for everything that you did to make our wedding perfect, we are forever grateful!!

Sent on 04/13/2020

Danelle Wildermuth · Married on 09/07/2019

MAE - truly professional and kind - the best planning decision we made

More than the gorgeous day we had (and it was absolutely gorgeous) and more than the commitment and professional quality of work that Marquette Avenue Events created and coordinated for us - what puts Brianne and her colleagues in the highest regard in my opinion is the care and genuine love they put in for each one of their couples. They will help you find exactly what and who you are looking for to make your day truly special and put so much heart into it. They have built amazing relationships with both their clients and the vendors they connect you with. They will advocate for you and give you so much confidence and the highest standards. Brianne was the best decision we made (besides choosing each other!). We cannot thank her enough.

An extra note - my veil ripped a gigantic hole minutes before our ceremony. Brianne and Diana were as cool as cucumbers and performed basically miracle veil surgery and it still looked beautiful going down the aisle. This is just one of many moments they went above and beyond!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Sarah · Married on 08/17/2019

Best decision!

It was the best decision to work with Brianne and her team at Marquette Avenue Events. I didn't know how much we needed a planner until we had one! She is professional and no request is greeted with any hesitation. Because of her team, our families were able to enjoy the day without worrying about any details, timing, or logistics. I would recommend her 10x over!! Thank you MAE!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Leibach · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing!

Brianne is amazing! She was referred to me by my cousin, who is in the wedding industry - so I knew I would be in good hands. Marquette Avenue Events went above and beyond and exceeded all of my expectations! I was so relieved to have Brianne and her team help my husband and I create and plan the wedding of our dreams!!! Looking back, there is truly not one thing that went wrong (or that I know about) because every step of the wedding process was handled so professionally. At the beginning of the process, I explained to Brianne that I did not have a clear vision and I was not the common bride who had Pinterest boards/clear ideas of what they wanted in their wedding. When I look back at videos and pictures, I am in awe with how well Brianne helped me follow a vision I never knew a had, from the smallest to the largest details. Brianne has impeccable taste and I fully trusted her with her amazing ideas. When I was stuck between two choices of something, she always knew what would work best for our special day and she was right. My husband and I are so pleased with Marquette Avenue Events and I am so glad that I was referred to her! If you are in the process of looking for a wedding planner, look no further- you are absolutely in the right place. I will share some pictures below of our perfect day, because Marquette Avenue Events made it all happen :)

Sent on 05/06/2020
  • Robert

Robert Baldi · Married on 03/03/2019

MAE Knows The Best of Everything for Your Event

My wife and I were both so happy we went with Brianne, Diana and the rest of the team at Marquette Avenue Events to plan our March 2019 Chicago wedding.  We went with the full wedding planning package and were introduced to the best of the best of Chicago's wedding vendors.  The suggestions on every aspect from venue to design to music to photography/videography and everything else we needed helped us put on an event that we loved and our guests of all ages raved about.  Thoughtful suggestions, attention to detail and extreme professionalism were all part of the package.  Day of coordination for both our rehearsal dinner and reception was seamless.  We were able to focus on having fun in the moment with our guests.  I would definitely hire them again if I ever needed to coordinate another big party and hope to have the opportunity to do so sometime soon.  Thanks for everything again Brianne and team.  - Robert

Sent on 10/11/2019

Elena · Married on 03/02/2019

MAE is your lifesaver, you won’t regret it!!!

Once it finally dawned on my husband and I that we weren’t going to be able to plan our wedding without professional assistance, I interviewed five wedding planners on the phone and ended up meeting three of them in person. After meeting Brianne from Marquette Avenue Events, I could tell right away that we had found our planner. She was modern, friendly, energetic and very professional. Our intro meeting was also no pressure – it felt like chatting with a girlfriend and I left very excited. Coincidentally, I learned my co-worker and his wife who just had a big wedding also had hired Brianne as their planner and couldn’t have been happier with the process and result. This sealed the deal so we hired Brianne and now I can't imagine if we didn’t. The planning was just a blast given that we put Brianne through a lot. We toured around 15 venues, met a lot of vendors, negotiated a lot, went to different bridal events, veil shopping, etc. and it was always easy, fun, exciting, efficient, organized and productive. At the end, we got the best of everything, for us and our needs – two perfect venues in the city for both our rehearsal dinner and our ceremony and reception, a super creative design team, extremely talented photographers and videographers, and a band that exceeded our wildest expectations. All of this made our wedding a total success, the time of our lives, a dream come true, a perfect fairytale. And it all started with finding the best wedding planner – Brianne. She surprised and impressed us, exceeded all our expectations, overdelivered, and made it all happen. I’m so happy we hired Brianne that I would recommend her 1000% to everyone. She knows everyone in the bridal industry, and everyone knows her, she has a lot of connections outside of the industry, a huge network, and she will get anything for you. We had the MAE team for the full package from start to finish and have no regrets. They did all the work allowing us to just enjoy the process. Both days of our wedding weekend were seamless and flawless like a perfect orchestra of everything and everyone. Brianne’s team always stayed professional, organized, positive, tireless, and went above and beyond. As an example of a special touch, after the wedding her team brought all the flower arrangements to our room at 1am, decorated and set it up so we returned to a romantic paradise with music from our first dance playing in the background and all the gifts and items beautifully aligned. We would hire Brianne/MAE again a hundred times and hope to do so in the future. MAE is your lifesaver, you won’t regret it!!!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Haley Morrisard · Married on 10/06/2018

Daughter of bride

Breanne planned my mother’s wedding and she did an impeccable job. Every detail was perfect and she made sure my sister and I were involved as much as possible. She was professional and her attention to detail was amazing. Her and her team are the absolute best. I would recommend her to anyone who needs an event planned, you can’t do better than her!

Alex Morrisard · Married on 10/06/2018

Daughter of bride

Brianne planned my moms wedding and she made sure that I was included. She was so organized and fun and made the wedding run so smoothly. I would recommend her for any event!

Stephen Navarre · Married on 10/06/2018

Simply the Best Wedding Planning Team Ever!!!!!

Brianne and her team at Marquette Avenue Events were absolutely the best at planning and executing our vision for our wedding. Trust me people, you will never regret the decision to work with them. Brianne is hands on and listens to what you want and sees it through. She is also a master at getting all the vendors on the same page. Our wedding was flawless and our family and friends are still talking about it.

Sent on 10/31/2018

SANJEEV · Married on 09/01/2018

Brianne is a Gem and an excellent Wedding Planner. Ours was an extremely Complex and large scale wedding with two wedding ceremonies - one Christian and one Hindu Ceremony, a Lunch and a Full on Reception. All held on one day at the Palmer House Hilton.

We started working with Brianne almost a year out and planned out every tiny little detail. She is an exceptionally talented and experienced individual, meticulous and a very pleasant personality. Highly organized, with attention to detail and she was very helpful in navigating through the ins and outs of such a complex event.

All of our events were held on one day and every single minute of the day was planned out well in advance, rehearsed with each of the vendors and executed with military level precision - all with a smile.

We loved working with her and her team and couldn't be more satisfied.

Sent on 10/06/2018

David Rosenow · Married on 09/01/2018

Brianne is a Rockstar

Brianne and her team are rock stars. From day one she cared for my fiance (now wife) as if we were family.

We had a very complex wedding; two ceremonies, two meals, a cocktail hour, reception, and a parade. With 400+ guests (including horse, EVERYTHING needed to go smoothly. And it did, thanks to B and her team.

The thoroughness of schedule planning was impressive. She went above and beyond to walk EVERY vendor, and their team, through the timeline, which was essential to get everyone on the same page. Her persistence with that task made all the sense after the fact.

The whole day, my bride and me felt zero stress from logistics, which is the reason you hire a wedding planner. BUT, we also felt cared for and left with a friend, which is why you hire Brianne.

12/10 stars.

Meredith · Married on 06/23/2018

One of the best decisions we made throughout a year and a half of wedding planning was enlisting the help of Brianne and MAE. She was an absolute dream to work with and my family and I are still blown away by how seamless and perfect she made our wedding day. She was professional, organized, extremely responsive, and did an incredibly impressive job of commanding a room full of vendors, bridal party, and family. When my husband and I reflect on our wedding day, our standout memory is being able to fully enjoy one another and our loved ones - while never once having to stress about logistics or coordinating vendors. I cannot recommend Brianne and her team highly enough.

Sent on 07/29/2018

Emily · Married on 11/11/2017

We hired team MAE to help plan our wedding and it was one of our best decisions. We worked with Brianne and Becca and these girls killed it every step of the way. They were on top of everything and made wedding planning and most importantly the week/day of the wedding as stress free as possible. I could never have planned what they did and they created a seamless dream wedding for us. Their vendor suggestions were amazing and really captured our vision for the day. Day of they were goddesses to say the least. Everything was timed perfectly and done at an exceptional level, if something went wrong (which I am sure it did I was just unaware of it) they handled everything without missing a beat. Do yourself a favor and hire these girls if you want an amazing wedding and the best team ever to work with during the planning process.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Jenna · Married on 10/28/2017

In my search to find the perfect wedding planner, we landed on MAE due to their experience in multi-cultural weddings , the confidence I had after our initial meeting and her promptness and professionalism during the process (you’d be surprised how many vendors don’t reply to you for weeks).

My fiancé and I booked Brianne months in advance for her “month of” package and while we weren’t going to roll up our sleeves until 30 days out, Brianne provided us guidance along the way whenever we had a question, never too busy to respond to an email/text/call.

30 days finally came and I thought I was a bride who had most things figured out but it isn’t until you are putting together a minute to minute timeline of the big day, coordinating with all of your vendors, that you realize things can go downhill fast. Brianne and Becca thought of everything – things that wouldn’t have come across my radar in 100 years. And once the timeline was in place, any questions or communication with vendors or our wedding party they owned which was one thing off my list.

The big day came and it was orchestrated chaos. I say that because our wedding day brought 250+ guests, many from out of town, to Chicago for not 1 but 2 ceremonies. This included multiple outfits and vendors to coordinate and two blocks of time for photographs and on top of that, I had a bridal party of ~20 that also was Brianne and Becca’s responsibility. Like I said, chaos. We started at 7:30am and they were with us every step of the way until the last song at 11pm. If it wasn’t for these two orchestrating it so beautifully, there is absolutely no way this day would have happened. My father jokes that we’d still be there trying to get everything done. As a bride, I was so relieved to not have to worry about 1 detail or problem and trust me, we had a few….outside ceremonies in 40 degree wea

Sent on 12/06/2017

Chad · Married on 09/30/2017

We hired MAE for our wedding and we couldn’t be happier with our decision. We chose the “partial planning” package and worked with them for several months prior to our September 2017 wedding. The MAE team was phenomenal. Specifically, we worked with Brianne, Becca and Michelle. We had weekly calls with their team to ensure that we stayed on track. In addition, MAE had calls with our vendors, toured potential rehearsal dinner locations, created customized schedules for our vendors/bridal party, and provided guidance on numerous decisions (e.g., invitations, décor, transportation). They organized a walk-through with all of our vendors a few weeks before the wedding. Finally, Becca and Michelle were extraordinarily helpful during the rehearsal and on the day of the wedding

On a personal note, Brianne, Becca and Michelle are extremely friendly and easy to work with. They provided reassurance, fixed problems and tied up loose ends. Remarkably, my wife and I were very relaxed during the week of the wedding because we knew MAE had our back. If you are a busy professional, I cannot overstate the importance having a team like MAE by your side. We are extremely grateful to MAE for helping us plan a seamless wedding.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Thomas · Married on 09/30/2017

This father of the bride recommends Marquette Avenue Events without hesitation! Brianne and her tieam performed magic with my daughter’s wedding! Brianne listened to our ideas and offered a solid game plan to make it happen. Her suggested vendors were spot-on and fit all of our requirements. The MAE staff was quick to respond and address any issues that arose. In every detail from venue contracts to band and bakers, Brianne worked professionally with all vendors and I never doubted our interests were her priority. MAE provided real value for all of the work they performed and I couldn’t be happier with them. Thanks to Brianne and her staff at Marquette Avenue Events, the wedding day was fabulous and truly an event to remember! Thank you!
    Well Done, Brianne!

Sent on 12/14/2017

Elle · Married on 09/01/2017

Brianne and her team were so incredibly professional, and thought of details that would never have even crossed my mind to make our wedding day perfect. Her level of organization and coordination with all of the other vendors made it so that on our wedding day, we didn’t have to do anything besides enjoy ourselves. She also has great connections in the industry, and is able to make vendor suggestions and work with them to get the price to work within your budget. She kept everything on track with weekly calls leading up to the wedding, and I was infinitely less stressed because of her work. Not to mention, she’s a ton of fun! Love love love the Marquette Avenue Events team and would HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Mina · Married on 08/26/2017

After much deliberation on whether or not I needed a planner, my now husband scheduled an appointment with a local big group planning company that in short, I absolutely hated. Compromising that a planner was necessary, I somehow had the fortune of finding MAE through references on beautiful Instagram posts of weddings I wished we could imitate. Brianne's team seemed to host the most beautiful weddings, and that is how we first found MAE. Since our initial meeting, we were in love. Professional, tactful, and with excellent taste, her team helped us execute the most perfect reception. There were, of course, numerous mishaps, but somehow Brianne had already caught them and was in the process of getting it fixed before I was even aware of the situation. I was so incredibly stressed throughout my entire engagement planning the wedding, but my wedding day was so relaxed and wonderful. MAE truly was such a big part of that and we can't thank them enough. I would refer them to anyone in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Karolina · Married on 08/19/2017

Simply amazing ladies to work with. Brianne and her team, I don’t know what I would have done without them. Thank you for your hard work! This team is the best of the best!!! If you truly want to feel that someone knows what they are doing go with Bri and her team. You will be the least stressed during your planning process with MAE!

Sent on 10/30/2017