42 Reviews for Marnas Catering

Dessert (1)
Spanish (1)
Lactose Free (1)
Nut Free (1)

OMG. The best!! We used Marna's Catering for our Rehearsal dinner and it was incredible. They cooked on site, supplied all the table cloths and dishes, we're so easy to work and the food was absolutely delicious. People still talk about how amazing it was! I highly recommend using Marna's for any event you need catering. We will definitely be using them again!

Profile Picture Katie, 12/31/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Latin American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings

We loved Marnas! From the tasting to the big day they were super easy to work with and accommodating! People loved the food (even our chef friends) and family style was so fun!

Profile Picture Ranae, 11/4/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

Marna's catered our wedding and we had nothing but great reviews from all of our guests! Everything was fabulous!! Thank you guys!!

Profile Picture elisabeth , 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Marna's was amazing! The food was excellent. Their prices are by far the best I found. I couldn't be happier! Rolando even went the extra mile and ordered a S'mores bar for us. We couldn't be happier! Thank-you!!!

Profile Picture Cassie, 9/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Marnas was awesome! I had a hard time finding a caterer for our wedding because it seemed like all menus were the same - until I found Marnas. We loved their options, their pricing, and how easy they were to work with (thanks Nicole!). Everyone enjoyed the food (literally EVERYONE commented on the mashed potatoes), and it was fabulous to have flatware, plates, coffee, and cake cutting all included in our passed apps/buffet set up. We had one slip up (our plate chargers were nowhere to be found), but in the end, that detail did not matter at all. I'd definitely recommend them!

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/18/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Latin American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Vegan, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings

Rolando and his staff were very easy to work with and did a wonderful job!! We were so please with our choice! The guests still talk about how great the food was family style!

Profile Picture Nikki, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We came across Marna's as one of the approved vendors at our site, a park within the Three Rivers Park District. Marna's was the 4th or 5th tasting we did and we were quickly blown away by them. Their prices were about midway of all the approved vendors, but the taste was the best, not to mention unique, and therefore they were an easy decision. We had about 150-200 guests so we went with a few passed appetizers, and a buffet dinner with two entrees. They were very flexible and offered great service and inspiration when it came to the menu options. Communication was very smooth throughout the whole process. They arrived when they said they would, and everything exceeded expectations. Apps were delicious, the dinner was just as we remembered, and our guests as well as us got a great kick out of the fruit carving. The only thing I wish could be different was their new warehouse address actually being posted on their website. It was very easy to get it from them, however, there were a few times I needed it, and had to spend some time looking up previous emails/texts, so it would've been nice to have that on their website. They have been renovating, so I don't see that by any means as a reflection, just something that would help for the future. All in all, Marna's was a wonderful caterer and great to have on our big day. Thank you so much Marna's!! We would recommend you to anyone.

Profile Picture User7217830, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Great catering service that was responsive and always there to answer questions and help plan our wedding. The food was awesome too

Profile Picture G, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I cannot say enough about Marnas Catering. The food was amazing and the people were GREAT to work with. Our guests kept coming up to me all night talking about how good the food was. It wasn't "wedding food" it was actually good food!! Marnas was always on top of everything and was profession, very responsive, and helpful any time I had a question or concern. The food you try in the tasting is exactly what you get at your wedding. It is delicious and a great value. Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping us have the most perfect day we could have dreamed of!!

Profile Picture Colleen, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings, Clean Up, Set Up, Latin American, Gluten Free, Vegetarian

Nicole was wonderful to work with and allowed us to do more than one tasting after my fiance moved back from out of state. Everyone complimented our food at the wedding! I seriously am in love with their mashed potatoes myself. The fact that they cook on-site made a real difference. Nicole also recommended a vendor for our cake and cupcakes and worked with our bartender the night of the wedding to provide seamless service.

Profile Picture Susan, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We loved working with Marna's Catering. We planned everything remotely, but did have one in person meeting with Rolando. He was so accommodating about meeting us when we were in town. Marna's food was delicious, but the best part about Marna's is the transparent pricing. We felt like most caterers have extra charges for coffee, dishes, linens, tips, cutting cake, etc. With Marna's almost everything is included with the price of dinner. So when you compare Marna's to other places make sure to write out the full cost with everything included. That's when you will realize that Marna's provides great food and service at a really reasonable price. Finally we were able to use Liquid Motion for our alcohol serving, which Rolando from Marna's put us in touch with. This company was very flexible and reasonably priced and I'm not sure we would have found them without booking Marna's.

Profile Picture User7079401, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Great service, easy to work with, delicious food! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Abby, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I could not give Marna's Catering anything but a *glowing* review. For starters, Rolando is an incredibly warm individual who wants to deliver a creative and couple-specific menu for your wedding. Rolando's flexibility and responsiveness are noteworthy within the wedding food industry.

I had met with a couple other caterers who only wanted to give me a canned wedding menu that was generic in every way. I am a self-proclaimed foodie and rarely enjoy any wedding food. Obviously I could be biased but I can honestly say the food that Marna's was able to serve was all around delicious and visually appealing to beat. Marna's wants to deliver an experience that is unique, fresh and tasty!

Our wedding had to be relocated two weeks prior to the date and Rolando was more than accommodating and kind as we had to revise the food plan. He was empathetic to the scenario and more than welling to help ease the burden of the last minute change as needed. I would highly recommend Marna's Catering on all accounts!

Profile Picture User6628769, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Plated, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Rolando and his team are the best. The food was amazing! We ended up having two tastings with them because we had a hard time deciding what we wanted, and because we loved everything we tried! We ended up serving food that we didn't even taste test beforehand because we trusted them that much. Unique food, so much flavor! We've gotten many compliments! If there is something that you want and don't see it on the menu, ask! They definitively came across as genuinely wanting to make the client happy/ give us what we wanted. And the fruit carving was an adorable addition.

Profile Picture Autumn, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

When I think of food at a wedding, I get bored. We knew with our wedding that we wanted to do something different and fun. When I first met Rolondo from Marna's Catering, I knew this was going to be the guy. He was genuine, friendly, always made time for us and our never ending questions....but most of all the food was next level! You want to wow people at your wedding with the food? You go with Marnas. Food that is made from scratch and with authentic flavors passed down through his family. We were blown away by the food and the time he spent with us. He genuinely cares and you are not just a number to him. You will know everything that I'm talking about once you sit down for a taste test and look over the menu!

Profile Picture Brian, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Extremely easy to work with. Food was awesome! Staff was so courteous. They made sure my bride had food throughout the night, kept bringing her little plates so she would have something to eat:)

Profile Picture User6862436, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Do a tasting and meet Rolando.

Profile Picture Tate, 5/27/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Family Style, American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Nut Free

Marnas was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Rolando was extremely accommodating and helped relieve a lot of stress with venue and last second menu changes! The food was amazing; we received compliments from just about every guest on the appetizers and immense selection! I would recommend Marnas for any event, and we hope to be able to do business with them again in the future!

Profile Picture Tegan, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

We hired Marna's Catering for our wedding (May 2016 - 120 guests) and they did a fantastic job. They went above and beyond from the first time we had a tasting with them to the conclusion of our wedding evening. The food was delicious and the presentation was spot on. Rolando and Nicole were both very personal with us and were very quick to answer emails and phone calls with the many questions that I was able to come up with. The moment I knew I'd be hiring them was at the tasting when I could hear Rolando chopping up food in the kitchen. My husband and I love to cook and pay close attention to where our ingredients come from; we could tell Rolando has the same passion about cooking and food as we do. Marna's Catering is a local, dedicated, family owned business and I absolutely recommend hiring them for your event.

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

Working with Nicole from beginning to end was an absolute pleasure. They were able to accommodate all of our needs and requests from kids meals, to gluten free and vegetarians without hesitation. And the full service with a full wait staff was well worth the money spent!

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

I would love to give Rolando, Nicole and the whole team at Marna's Catering more than 5 stars if I could!
Planning: We had a more casual wedding reception and Rolando worked with us on creating a delightful appetizer menu that would be enough to please everyone and for them all to get their fill. We were doing our own setup so they arranged to let us pick up the linens the night before so we would have plenty of time the next day. When we arrived back after getting ready the team had it all under control and everything went off without a hitch.
Food: We did the skewer station, which got rave reviews, and all other apps were passed. I heard comments about most of the food, and especially the sliders that came out later in the evening. A spicy concoction on a pretzel bun with pineapple!
Service: The staff was courteous and responsive, several of my guests commented. Even one of my bridemaids was amazed when she was far away from the prep room and the server said she'd be 'right back' with whatever food she requested, and she was back in minutes! One of them even brought my husband and I out a special tray because it's so easy for the bride and groom to forget to eat.
I would recommend Marna's to anyone and will definitely use them the next time I need a caterer!

Profile Picture Holly, 2/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Great food, timely service and very accommodating overall!! Rolando and Nicole were great to work with and really let us customize exactly what we wanted with no pressure. Our guest raved about the food and the fruit carving!!

Profile Picture Jessica and Brian , 1/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Buffet, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings

Rolando was great from day 1! He was so helpful and caring throughout the entire process. A lot of our guests at our wedding complimented on how fresh and delicious the food was. We also had a lot of compliments on how professional all the staff were! I am so happy that we were referred to marnas and I can not thank them enough for making our day so perfect!

Profile Picture Amanda, 12/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Server(s)

A joy to work with from beginning to end.
Organized, timely, professional service staff.
Our wedding meal was wonderful and everyone was a member of the clean plate club.
Thanks again for the great experience - you are top notch!

Profile Picture Jude, 8/29/15, 4 Reviews