Mark Twain Hotel-Packard Plaza Reviews

40 | Peoria, IL

40 Reviews for Mark Twain Hotel-Packard Plaza

Stevie · Married on 01/16/2016

The Packard plaza was absolutely breathtaking. We loved it and they provided the best service for us on our special day.

• Heather

Heather · Married on 10/24/2015

We booked the Packard Plaza exactly two years to the date of our wedding. We knew that was where we wanted both our ceremony and reception. It was fantastic. It was right next to the hotel where our guests stayed, and everyone loved having both events in the same building. The food was amazing, service was impeccable and I love the character of the building. We wouldn't have had our wedding anywhere else!

Stacy · Married on 06/06/2015

We worked with Erin Borcherding for our wedding/reception and she was spectacular, very easy to work with, accommodating to all our needs, and on top of everything! We were in the Alexandria room on the lower floor. It was beautiful with it's new ceiling! Everything went off without an issue and the staff was awesome. One-World was the caterer for the reception and it was yummy! Erin was there the entire time and did a wonderful job as our wedding coordinator! I would highly recommend The Packard and its staff for any event, just a pleasure to work with!

Scott · Married on 10/18/2014

The staff at the Packard were great every step of the way. We really enjoyed our experience with them. The room was amazing, and the night went perfectly thanks to their expertise. I would definitely recommend using the Packard for your wedding reception.

Elizabeth · Married on 07/26/2014

This is a beautiful venue for a reception. Me and my husband got married on July 26, 2014 and used the Packard's ballroom as our reception space. We were so pleased with the services they provided and the great communication throughout the entire process. Our coordinator was amazing and was a huge part of making this successfully our dream wedding with much ease. My husband and I didn't have to worry about anything. All the vendors we choose for decorator, cake, DJ, etc. all said working with the Packard on set up and tear down was seamless. The majority of our guests were traveling from out of state and when we were talking to them the day after they were all impressed with how good the food was for being plated and served, the staff was very kind to everyone and how everything just flowed nicely. No one received cold dishes or had to wait an extended period of time to be served. I recommend this place to anyone looking for an amazing place to hold their reception. They make sure you and all your guests have a wonderful time making memories that last a lifetime.

Hannah · Married on 07/11/2014

The Packard was great -- beautiful space, really flexible and open to setting up the space how you want, and Erin was awesome to work with! The reception was beautiful and went off without a hitch! Except, of course, that my husband and I were hitched ;)

Elizabeth · Married on 12/21/2013

The Packard was great to work with! They were accommodating with food not on their list. They were always willing to work with other vendors. They were up front with things that may have been an issue. The Packard is a great venue with character. The service was great, timely, helpful, and friendly. The dance floor is large!

Christine · Married on 12/21/2013

What a wonderful reception. Erin is an amazing person to work with. She anticipates every situation and has an answer for every problem. Thank you Packard Plaza for being the very BEST site for our daughters wedding reception. The food was outstanding. I heard over and over again, "The steak was amazing!" Erin, and the Packard's willingness to meet every need head on and solve last minute problems was amazing. We had the BEST reception. Thank you Packard Plaza and Thank you Erin for meeting our every need. You were amazing. I just received a phone call today about what a great reception we had. Thank you and if you ever need a reference...just call. BETTER than I could have ever asked for.

Gina · Married on 11/23/2013

We are so happy we had our wedding at the Packard! Everything was perfect and they were extremely accommodating to our needs. We wanted to have gluten free food and they worked diligently with us to make sure the food was just right and went way out of their way to make us happy. Erin, the planner there, was very punctual and lovely to work with. Our day went wonderfully and we are so happy we chose the Packard!

Shannon · Married on 07/13/2013

Packard was excellent!!! Overall above and beyond. Nikki and Erin were very flexible and attentive to our every need. The wait/bar staff also receive 5 stars. Food was phenomenal!!! Definately would recommend Packard in all categories.

Sent on 07/30/2013

Mark Twain Hotel-Packard Plaza's reply:

Thank you Shannon, it was such a pleasure working with you and Shawn! We are so incredibly glad that you enjoyed your experience at The Packard. Best wishes to you both!

Alisa · Married on 07/06/2013

I loved everything about the Packard. The room is beautiful and the staff was great. All of our guests loved the food.

Sent on 08/09/2013

Mark Twain Hotel-Packard Plaza's reply:

Thank you Alisa. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at The Packard! Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day. We wish you & Ryan the very best!

Emily · Married on 09/01/2012

The Packard Plaza was the perfect location for our wedding reception. The staff was so personable and professional! They were prompt in responding to the endless emails and questions our party threw at them. The site is absolutely gorgeous, and we recieved so many compliments about the upstairs ballroom. The food was also delicious, and everything ran like clockwork! The biggest compliment I can give to the Packard and its staff is that I was able to enjoy my wedding day without a single worry...it was perfect!

Sent on 10/03/2012

Mark Twain Hotel-Packard Plaza's reply:

Thank you so much Emily! You and your family were so much fun to work with and we loved your creative "Up" theme! We are grateful that we could share your special day with you and we wish you both a very happy life together!

Cassie · Married on 07/28/2012

So impressed with the Packard staff! All were great to work with and we appreciated how organized and ready they were...As a bride, I was of course worried about many things, but I had no worries with the Packard because I knew I could count on them.

Sent on 10/03/2012

Mark Twain Hotel-Packard Plaza's reply:

Thank you Cassie! You and Derek were a pleasure to work with and we are so glad we could put your worries to ease. Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day. We wish you a beautiful life together!

Hazel · Married on 03/24/2012

The staff at Packard Plaza was amazing. The event planner is absolutely on top of things and went the extra mile to make sure our wedding went smoothly. And the food was fantastic.

Sent on 06/29/2012

Mark Twain Hotel-Packard Plaza's reply:

Thank you so much, Hazel! It was a pleasure working with you and Josh, and we really appreciate you choosing us to be apart of your wedding day. We all wish you the very best in the future!

Katie · Married on 05/14/2011

Jessica, Kori and their staff did an awesome job! They're a great group to work with and I wish I had another wedding for them to help us with!

Sent on 08/23/2011

Mark Twain Hotel-Packard Plaza's reply:

Thank you so much Katie! Apparently we want you and Matt to get married here again, too - I just sent you a copy of an e-mail I'd already sent you months ago! I hope you and Matt are doing really well and finding time to relax and play board games :) We wish you the very best and thank you for letting us be a part of your wedding day!

Katy · Married on 05/07/2011

Packard recently switched to new managers, and these women definitely know what they're doing!! Jessica and Kori were great to work with, and responded very quickly to any emails or phone calls. The ballroom is absolutely gorgeous, and is the perfect place for a reception!!

Sent on 06/01/2011

Mark Twain Hotel-Packard Plaza's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you and Brad, and being a part of your wedding day. We still talk about your guitar shaped card holder! Thank you so much for the kind words, and we wish you and Brad the very best in the future ~ Jessica and Kori

Derek · Married on 12/18/2010

The ladies at the Packard were so very helpful. They truely helped make our special day the most special it could have been. We love Jessica and Cori!
    Stefanie and Derek Pitzer

Sent on 01/10/2011

Mark Twain Hotel-Packard Plaza's reply:

Derek and Stefanie - we should thank YOU! You had the most theatrical reception we've ever seen, and it almost felt like we were attending a show! Thank you so much for the nice review and we wish you both the very best in the future ~ Kori and Jessica
  • Sharp

A · Married on 07/10/2010

It was a very beautiful ceremony and reception venue! Top quality in the Peoria area.

Sent on 08/03/2010

Mark Twain Hotel-Packard Plaza's reply:

Alicia - You were such a pleasure to work with! Thank you for being so patient with us during our first few months at the Packard - you made our jobs so much easier, and we hope that everything went perfectly for you. We wish you and Chris the very best in the future! ~ Jessica and Kori

Rachel · Married on 10/08/2011

We loved Packard Plaza! The coordinators, Kori and Jessica, were extremely responsive and helpful with all of our questions and requests. They made the planning process very easy and made sure every detail was perfect. I would definitely recommend it for a reception venue.

Sent on 10/26/2011

Mark Twain Hotel-Packard Plaza's reply:

Thank you so much Rachel! We loved working with you and Gabriel and wish you both a long and happy life together!

Ben & Emily · Married on 08/13/2011

The staff at the Packard Plaza went above and beyond for our reception. The details that they remembered and their follow through was amazing! We loved the venue already but our decision to go with the Packard for our reception was even easier after meeting the event coordinators. You will not be disappointed with the service you receive from the Packard as they were absolute professionals in how they go about their business!

Sent on 08/23/2011

Mark Twain Hotel-Packard Plaza's reply:

Thank you so much Ben and Emily! We loved working with you - you were absolutely sweet and we so appreciate the fact that you chose us to be a part of your wedding day. We wish you a long and amazing life together!

Amanda · Married on 07/03/2011

Jessica and Kori were great to work with and provided so many helpful tips for me to make my reception a success.

Sent on 08/24/2011

Mark Twain Hotel-Packard Plaza's reply:

Amanda - Thank you so much! You and your mother were a pleasure to work with and I'm so glad that we were able to work together to make your wedding day as special as you wanted it to be. We wish you and Kirk the very best life together!

Kirsten · Married on 05/31/2014

I was very pleased with the way the Packard handled my wedding. They were easy to work with and very flexible. The food was the highlight of their service and we had endless compliments from our guests of how delicious the steaks were.

They were great to work with and did a lot of the decorating things that would have taken us so much time to do. They do limit the set up time to about 2 hours. But between there help and the army of people that came to help, we got it all done. The place was absolutely beautiful and many people at the wedding even said it was the best or one of the best meals they have ever had at a wedding! If I could relive that day over again, I would use the Packard again!!!!

The Packard has been wonderful throughout the whole wedding process, as well as on event day. I worked with Erin, who was very helpful, knowledgable, and answered emails very quickly. The Packard is a awonderful place to hold a wedding!

Sent on 03/31/2013

Mark Twain Hotel-Packard Plaza's reply:

Thank you for letting us be a part of your beautiful day! We appreciate your compliments and are so glad that you were happy with our services. Congratulations and we wish you the best!

Jennifer · Married on 09/14/2013

3.5

The Packard plaza was perfect for our ceremony and reception. It was beautiful, allowed plenty of space for my 165 guests to walk around, and the balcony was a fabulous visual effect. Erin and Niki were spectacular to deal with and went above and beyond what was necessary.