Mariposa Boutique Reviews

Mariposa Boutique 1
Mariposa Boutique 2
Mariposa Boutique 3

Joelle · Married on 06/09/2012

Loved this shop! It was like a breath of fresh air! They really know what they are doing there! I went in with a good idea of what I wanted, but also an open mind. They listened to me after each dress and brought out others based on my feedback. Naheema brought out one last dress that I didn't even want to try on. She told me to trust her and do it anyways. I loved it and ended up saying 'yes' to that dress! and i am so happy i did! this store is truly a great place, and was worth my drive from LA!

Sent on 06/28/2012
  • Mayra

Mayra · Married on 06/11/2011

Very nice place, the staff is very friendly, specially Jessica, she maid my dress shopping a wonderful experience. Overall this is a great place to get your dress from.

Sent on 06/22/2011

Natalie · Married on 10/10/2009

3.0

Lovely little salon with pretty dresses. They allowed pictures, which was a huge deal for me. The girls working are all really nice and helpful, and my dress was on time and even steamed for free, thanks to some winter season deal.

My only complaint is with their phone responsiveness. Every time I called with a question, they would promise to call me back, then never follow through. It took me three calls to get an estimated delivery date for my dress, two calls and a visit to get a fabric sample, and worst of all, there was a mix-up with the price of my dress, and I had to call them every day for a week before it was straightened out.

I would still recommend them though. The girls working are all very helpful and competent in person, and none of them are pushy. Also, the last time I returned with my friend, their selection appears to have gotten bigger.

I will echo what other reviewers are saying, though, and recommend you go elsewhere for alterations. Mariposa does not have an in-house seamstress, and the one they recommend is very expensive.

Sent on 11/04/2009

I do not like shopping and my first two trips to bridal boutiques were not fun for me. Mariposa was so much better. My first visit they were extremely helpful and professional. They let me go at my own pace, didn't push me to make any decisions, and were very kind to my family who were with me. On my second visit, I had narrowed it down to two dresses and was trying to pick one. The sales ladies were very sweet, honest with their opinions, and made the whole experience very enjoyable. Mariposa has knowledgeable staff that give you the experience you want. None of the push to spend more or judgmental attitudes that I encountered at other OC bridal shops.

Sent on 06/05/2015
  • User2220196 · 2+ years ago

3.5

This shop is set up with a little staged dressing room area in front of a little "living room" area with couches & tables. So when you try on your dress, you can come out on stage and show your friends who are sitting there sipping champagne (you have to bring your own). They have a huge selection of bridal gowns, and a moderate selection of bridesmaids dresses. You get a discount for the BM dresses if you've already bought your gown there. The staff is friendly, but not always easy to get a hold of on the phone. And I never got return calls if I left a message. But the dress came in on schedule, and they were very helpful in the whole process.

Sent on 10/25/2012
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 10/03/2009

4.2

My experience with Mariposa wasn't spectacular but it wasn't bad either. I'm mostly happy with them because I found the dress of my dreams there. The sales woman was very helpful and nice. The store has a pretty good size selection. Also, be aware that they are more expensive than say a store like David's Bridal.

Also, the tailor they recommend, Harmony Alterations by Teresa, across the street does wonderful work. She is pretty expensive but very worth it. My dress was huge on me once it came in because I had lost weight since ordering it. She did a wonderful job altering it. There was lots of bead work and pleating and she made it look perfect. I didn't have to pull up my strapless dress not one time throughout the entire day/night. She even put in cups in the bust, so I didn't have to wear a strapless bra. It made it so comfortable to wear. she also completed the work fairly quickly. Less than two weeks to take in the entire bust and waist.

My only two complaints about Mariposa is that they didn't tell me about a $150 extra fee for a "custom length" until a few days later after I already put the deposit. Also, they sent me home with my dress is a clear bag. Something I didn't realize would be a problem until after I took it home from the tailor (because my groom would be able to see the dress before the wedding and during travel to our wedding location). However, they sent other bride's dresses home in pink bags. I think good customer service would've ensured that they thought of this detail for me. I had to pay $10 and drive all the way back to Anaheim to get a pink bag. That's a bit inconvenient, in my opinon.

Overall, I say give Mariposa a try if you haven't found your dress yet. It took me 6 months and countless stores and searching to find a dress. I finally found one at Mariposa.

Sent on 10/07/2009

3.0

Very pleased with my gown ! I fell in love the first time I tried it on and Beth was an amazing consultant! I recommend if you go, to ask for her. She was pleasant, some of the others were not so much.

Sent on 05/02/2014

Tiffany · Married on 01/14/2012

3.0

I loved so many dresses in this boutique. The staff is super friendly, helpful and patient. I do wish they did in-house alterations, but their recommendations were very good.

Sent on 02/09/2012
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 03/20/2010

4.2

I loved my Maggie Sotero wedding gown I got from Mariposa. It was only sold at Mariposa, since they are one of the few places in the area that carries Maggie's "limited" line. I didn't pick my dress off the rack to try on, it was recommended by a sales associate and I ended up picking the one she recommended. I would definitely recommend a Maggie Sotero corset back dress if you need a slimming look. They are VERY flattering around the waist line! I also got my veil at Mariposa. The staff is a bit younger than other places in the area, and I did end up waiting for a while for help even though I had an appointment. But overall I was very satisfied.

Sent on 04/21/2010

RHO · Married on 04/19/2015

I can certainly say that I haven't fallen in love too many times over my 30 years. But one time, at Mariposa Bridal........

After disappointingly leaving several orange county bridal boutiques empty handed, I found Mariposa Bridal. Well I didn't, Yelp did.

I sought out this store specifically due all the positive reviews regarding variety, service and pricing. Aside some communication errors, and incorrect scheduling, everything was ok.

I kind of had an idea of what I wanted and was apprehensive to gravitate away from said idea. Impatiently and disenchanted, I tried on dress after dress without success. Mind you, the girls here are super patient and are probably used to bratty brides.

One of the girls suggested I try something different, out of my comfort zone, or "ideal" just for kicks. They brought out this allure couture with a crazy embellished bodice, lots of cleavage and this huge, and i mean huge ballgown skirt full of rosettes.

Eh, i like the bodice but i'm not feeling those rosettes. princess-y wasn't my thing.

I was told to just put it on, cause "you'll never know til you try" that and we were expecting having a few laughs at my expense.

Well, I put this dress on and I fell in love. I was in awe, shock really that this was THE dress. Nothing that I tried beyond that compared. The transaction of purchasing/ordering was fairly easy.

Fast forward a year later, and I cannot tell you how many times I got hash tagged/ complimented "that dress" . WOW is just the word, unanimously stated.

In truth. I still can't get over how beautiful my gown was and my groom's eyes when he saw me for the first time just spells it all out.

Sent on 04/27/2015

Belen · Married on 08/15/2015

After shopping at different stores for the perfect wedding dress, I finally found the one at Mariposa Bridal Boutique. Sandra was my consultant and was very friendly and helpful. When I finally found my dress, I couldn’t get it right away because it was over my budget. Sandra suggested to sleep on it and to decide later. I did and decided to go back to try it on and I bought it!!! I ordered my dress in late December and I knew I wouldn’t receive it until the Spring. To my surprise, Sandra called me to tell me it was in…it was only mid January! It only took about 3 weeks!!! The reason I am rating them 4 stars is because my dress wouldn’t close when I tried it on :( I am a thin person so I was not expecting this to be a problem and I didn’t gain weight within those 3 weeks. Apparently I am in between sizes for the dress I purchased, Allure, and I should have just purchased the next bigger size. The consultant that measured me that day, I forgot her name, didn’t give me suggestions or helped me figure out what size I should get. I have no idea how wedding dresses work and I would assume they would have a better idea than I did. Sandra still tried to help me when the dress came in and she checked for herself and showed me that the dress could be taken out to my relief. Unfortunately, they don’t have someone there to do dress alterations. She gave me a list of tailor stores they recommended. I wasn’t convinced with those tailors due to their reviews and I just found another tailor on my own. Other than that, everything else was good. Sandra was an awesome consultant and very patient when I was trying on dresses. Thank you! :)

Sent on 10/11/2015

Kelly · Married on 05/02/2009

3.5

I shopped at 4 different boutiques, looking for the right dress, and Mariposa was definately the best- many of the others were snooty, trying to pressure me into a dress that wasn't right (so they could make more commission) and I went to some boutiques that were definately "budget" boutiques and it showed. Mariposa had a wide selection of lower to mid-priced gowns (1000 - 2000) and they were more than happy to let me try on as many as I liked until I found one I liked. I noticed that many stores have a 5-10 dress limit. Unless you know exactly what you're looking for, you'll probably want to try on more than 10! Also, Mariposa understood that sometimes it's fun to try things on for fun! My dress arrived on time and it was so gorgeous and unique. All the ladies at the wedding were asking about it and where I got it from. The reason why I gave Mariposa 4 stars instead of 5 was because they don't have an internal alterations person, and the alterations company that they referred their customers to, Harmony Alterations was incredibly expensive. I have always been a standard size 4, I'm 5'8, proportioned and never need to get anything altered but my alterations ended up being about $500.00. Mariposa was great, but take your alterations elsewhere.

Sent on 06/03/2009
  • kristy.magee

Kristy · Married on 07/17/2010

3.8
      3.5

I really enjoyed trying on dresses at this boutique. They have tons of beautiful dresses to choose from. Only question I had was if steaming on my dress was included. A girlfriend who purchased her dress there the same month seemed to be given more information than I was. I would recommend Mahtab Alterations on Laguna Niguel before I would go to Mariposa's preferred vendors.

Sent on 08/03/2010

Ayde · Married on 10/09/2010

3.6
      3.0

I was a little unhappy when the day of my wedding came and my accesories had not arrived and I had been given the wrong accesories. So frustrating at the time, and I didn't even end up wearing a hair piece because i was so dissapointed. My dress was beautiful, but Mariposa did not do a good job at making sure it was pressed. I looked at my dress the day of the wedding and it was wrinkled, and let me remind you that pressing was extra expense. That particular shop in Anaheim is not very organized or they're not communicating well.

Sent on 01/25/2011

Leeziel · Married on 05/30/2014

3.4
      2.5

I bought my wedding dress from Mariposa, and I had a wonderful experience with Lindsey. She was extremely friendly and helpful, and always made sure I felt comfortable. After I ordered my dress, she made sure she contacted me right away when the dress arrived, so that I could have my first fitting. Our schedules didn’t match up completely, so she actually came in a little early before the store opened on the weekend so that I’d have enough time to get my alterations in if I needed any. I loved working with her!

My bridesmaids also got their dresses from Mariposa, but this experience was much different than the first. Christabel assisted us, and the whole entire time, she was not very helpful, seemed like she didn’t want to be there, and didn’t seem very knowledgeable about the dresses. She took everyone’s measurements but did not give them any advice on what size to choose if they were in between sizes. Two of my bridesmaids were out of the country on vacation at the time, so she took down their email addresses and said that they could email her their measurements prior to her placing the order. She ended up typing one girl’s email completely wrong, and we almost missed the window for the dress order because of her lack of attention to detail. She was not very responsive or helpful during the entire process. When the dresses arrived, 4 out of my 6 bridesmaids had to get serious alterations because Christabel did not measure them correctly or advise them with sizing. All of my girls lost weight from the first time we met with her, and the areas that did not fit were around their ribs and hips, where weight is not a factor. I understand that it is ultimately the individual’s choice on what size to order; however, Christabel should have given them more guidance, like Lindsey gave to me.

It’s really unfortunate that I had a bad experience with my bridesmaids’ dresses, but I would still recommend Mariposa Boutique, as long as you choose to work with Lindsey.

Sent on 08/02/2014

candice · Married on 07/03/2010

3.0

To make it short, Mariposa was friendly until we made the purchase. They lied and said what they could to make the sale and as soon as they got their money, it was "I never said that" "That's not something we do" "I don't know what you're talking about"
    I'm only giving them a 3.1 because my dress is gorgeous.

Sent on 08/26/2010

Lindsay · Married on 11/20/2010

2.8
      3.0

I had gone to Mariposa twice.Initially, I brought one of my bridesmaids to try on dress. N****** was assisting us, well I wouldn't exactly call it assisting as she seemed far more interested in oogling over the women coming out in bridal dresses. I found a veil there that I really liked and was really thinking about purchasing it. I asked about Chantilly lace veils, and was told they are VERY pricey. I felt a bit insulted by this, as if I didn't know this or couldn't afford it.

In all fairness they have a wide range of selection on bridesmaids dresses. So I scheduled an appointment for the rest of my bridal party to go and try on dresses. The girls found the style they liked, but the store did not have the color swatch samples since it was a new color that was being introduced to the line.
    I called the designer specifically and asked how long it would take for the swatches to be sent to the store and I was told 5-7 days after the store placed the order for the swatches. Week one went by, week 2, week 3, by this time I was aggravated and called the store. Finally I was able to get the color swatches.

Overall- The experience is hit or miss. My experience was less than stellar. If you have WEEKS to wait for a response then you may want to check this place out.

Sent on 01/18/2011

lorena · Married on 03/11/2011

1.4
      1.0

I am not want to really want to put out negative things but I must say that I had the worst experience with this boutique. I ordered my wedding dress about 7 months before our wedding, and as any other bride would, I order my dream dress. I ordered a Maggie Sottero dress. I was recommended to purchase the dress a size larger than what I should have given the style and design of my dress. I also had plans and intentions to lose weight and apparently my sales rep didn't think I would. Long story short my dress was 2 sizes too big, a huge disaster because it needed major alterations and it had a lot of detail so much that I was going to compromise the look of my dress. The dress shopping experience became a night mare when they did not want to accomadate a new dress for me. To top things off, I orded $400 pair bridal shoes and they were defective. My dress was also defective in some of the beading details. They pretended to be helpful but at the end of the day I got stuck with a dress too big, huge alteration fees, and the worst dress shopping experience that I would never want anyone to go thru. My dream dress became a nightmare. Not once did I really feel like they cared an ounce of what I felt and was going thru, not really knowing wheather things would work out. I luckly found a seamstress elsewhere and my dress was made just right. But I just know that my wedding planning experince could have been so much better and less stressful had I not gone to Mariposa Boutique. Thru this they had another bride that was also going thru what I was going thru because they wanted to give me her dress if she fit into a smaller dress. This proved to me that none of the personal and sales people really know what they are selling or have any heart to sell the right style, fit, and dress design. I will never recommend that anyone go to this shop.

Sent on 03/23/2011

Teresa · Married on 09/28/2010

1.0

Initially when my daughter and I went to this dress shop, our experience was a positive one overall and the staff was pleasant. However when the dress came in, we were shocked to find out that it was not representative of the sample dress in color AT ALL! And the sash that ties in the back was not the same width as the one on the sample dress, nor the same color. The new gown lacked the vintage look that my daughter was drawn to. The detail of the flowers and applique, and contrast was completely missing. We were EXTREMELY dissapointed. After six weeks of emails, I have tried to no avail, in getting the owner to meet with me towards a resolution. She assigned an assistant manager to work with me. While the assistant manager is nice, she does not have the authority that the owner Kacey does. Consideration was given to dyeing the dress, replacing it with a new gown, and having alterations come up with ideas. Harmony Alterations was not able to meet our deadline or our price constraints and Kacey wasn't offering anything other than "help...some" which became a credit of $100 towards changes. Teresa in Alterations had little to offer because she said she's too busy with other alterations, and it would probably be too expensive. We're so utterly exhausted trying to fix this issue. Mariposa Bride did contact the designer to help with the situation but they were disinterested and felt they fulfilled their end. Mariposa Bride did not step up to the plate and make things right. They claim it was dirt and sun damage. This was not the normal dirt I've seen on sample gowns at many dress shops. This was SIGNIFICANT! Some MB staff also noticed it, and immediately. The Father of The Bride is now involved and hopefully we will come to a resolution in the future, but at this time and the latest email, MB is unreasonable and acting inappropriately. Therefore I can not recommend this salon.

Sent on 09/29/2010

connie · Married on 07/05/2008

0.0
      0.0
      2.0

The shop itself has good service, but their reccomended seamtress Theresa, is absolutely rude. I took my dress there and she rushed me, over charged me, and was very unprofessional. If you buy your dress there, do not take it to their seamtress, otherwise, you will regret it.

Sent on 07/31/2008

chevalia · Married on 05/06/2018

0.4
      0.5

Shopped here for bridesmaids dresses. First appointment went good. we narrowed down the search but ran out of time. Came back for a second appointment, made a decision and was ready to order the dresses only they did not have a swatch for color I was looking for so they suggested I order one from the manufacturer before making a final decision. They took measurements of the girls and said we can call in to make the payments. It took a month and half for the swatches to come in so with the wedding coming up in just 5 months we are already cutting it close. I try to call in with my color choice, no answer....4 times over 3 days. they finally call me back but now they say each girl needs to pick a size (isn't that already why we took measurements and discussed sizing before hand). She says she will email each girl with recommendations that day. One week later, no email. I finally get through on the phone and after a few excuses they say they will send it out that evening. in the emails, it says either reply to the email with sizing choices or call. Most girls opt to call and yet again no answer. I finally get through to make the payment myself bit she tells me they are too busy and will call me back by the end of the day. No call. and it's a holiday coming up so I have to wait 4 more days until they are open again to call them myself. After a lot of back and forth she agrees to me giving the telling her the sizes all the girls already chose. She also informs me that for any size over an 18 there is a 15% fee which 2 of the girls are. She said it was all in the paperwork but the consultant there when we signed all the paperwork took us through every single bulletpoint in the paperwork. She mentioned nothing about this fee. The whole situation was ridiculous and unprofessional and i wished we chose another shop earlier but now it's too late to look for more dresses with only 4 months to the wedding.

Sent on 12/27/2017