Mariposa Boutique Reviews

Mariposa Boutique 1
Mariposa Boutique 2
Mariposa Boutique 3

Annie · Married on 11/18/2011

My appointment took longer than an hour. I was having troubles deciding on my dress because my mother was being overly bossy. I nearly had a melt down, but the girl that helped me managed to calm me down. After all the drama, we found my dress and I couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 07/20/2013

Diane · Married on 11/05/2011

I worked with Naheemah (might have butchered that spelling). She was great. She stayed with dresses in my budget and only showed me anything SLIGHTLY above when I requested it and made sure I felt comfortable with it. She never once pressured me into seeing any dresses out of my price range and was very helpful and attentive. She got was I looking for and gave me several options. Again, never pushy and was very honest. She was not a "yes girl" and lied to me about what looked good or not. She would tell me when something didn't flatter my figure as much as other dresses and unlike some of my company that was there to "help" me always asked IF I liked or not. HOW DID I feel in it etc. She was just awesome and they were very professional and let me know when everything was ready. They even threw in the bridal dress prep for free and gave me a 10% discount since I found it slightly cheaper online. LOVED them and most of all Naheemah!

Sent on 01/24/2012

Stella · Married on 10/21/2011

Mariposa Bridal boutique is an awesome place to search for and buy your wedding dress. The boutique is cute and has a great ambience to search for the dress amongst so many choices. I always had positive experiences at Mariposa thanks to the attendants that helped out. They were very effective at listening to the styles you were looking for and made sure to bring out dresses that matched that style and your budget. They were also able to give their opinion and share their knowledge to help you make your decision. Even though I did make my dress purchase here, I did not feel that they would’ve pressured me if I hadn’t. They were very unbiased and was just effective at tending to your dress shopping needs. The prices of the dresses are also reasonable. They were sure to communicate updates about the status of your dress. There was one mistake they communicated to me about the process of hemming my dress but they made up for it by taking care of the cost of part of my alterations. I appreciated that they were upfront about that and provided a fitting resolution. Unfortunately, they don’t have in-house alterations and will refer you to the seamstress across the street (you can search for my separate review on Harmony Alterations). Overall, Mariposa provided me with an amazing wedding dress shopping experience and ultimately my dream wedding dress.

Sent on 01/05/2013

nicole · Married on 09/10/2011

I purchased my wedding dress at Mariposa. My bridal consultant was Jessica. She was very helpful and very nice. The place is very nice and they have a wide selection of gowns. I highly recommend this bridal boutique!

Sent on 10/19/2011
  • User3200718 · 2+ years ago

I found the dress of my dreams here and the owner of the store helped me to find it. They have an incredible selection and if you are anywhere in Southern California and looking for a dress then go there!

Sent on 04/16/2013

Kristine · Married on 07/21/2011

So nice! I loved this place! I went to so many boutique's and bridal shops for all the "extras" and everything else I need for my wedding outfit, and either everywhere was extremely rude, way overpriced, or just too busy for anyone who didn't have an appointment.

Mariposa is very helpful and friendly and down to earth. Even though I did not purchase my wedding dress from them, they still helped me. Other high-end or chain-stores would not do that. Thanks to Mariposa, I found my perfect veil and earrings! Thank you so much! Thank you for your help and I recommend this store to anyone.

Sent on 08/01/2011
  • U

Ulviyya · Married on 06/25/2011

I couldn't be happier with my wedding dress purchase experience. I knew the dress that I wanted when I came into Mariposa. I had called many places and all of them had sold their floor sample (urgh). Mariposa was the only one that still had the floor sample. Leanna was a sweetheart - she helped me with my dress, she was also my middlewoman when I was negotiating the price with the store owner. Luckily I came in on a day they had some kind of a promotion and was able to get a discount. Overall, I love this place AND they are open on Sundays - other bridal boutiques, take notice! Good luck to everyone at Mariposa, especially my girl, Leanna!

Sent on 09/18/2011

Megan · Married on 06/04/2011

Tons of gorgeous dresses to choose from. Everyone is so helpful.

Sent on 06/21/2011
  • mayrael04

mayra · Married on 02/05/2011

I bought my dress here at Mariposa boutique and I couldn't be happier! I went in about 7 months before the wedding and set an appt up with Beth, upon arriving she helped me soo much and brought me about 10 dresses to try on, while my girls brought another 5. I fell in love with one and decided that it was definitely thee one and purchased it right away. Fast forward 5 months and my dress was ready for pick up, I tried it on and it fit like a glove! Ladies if you're looking for the perfect wedding dress I'm sure they'll have it here for you, the prices of the dresses do range and they have dresses for all wedding budgets.

Sent on 03/22/2011
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/05/2010

When I went to go shopping for my wedding dress I assumed that, with my budget, I would end up at David's Bridal but I still wanted to have the experience of going to a "fancy dress shop." When I walked up to Mariposa I was a little concerned as there were a bunch of quincinera dresses in the window but once inside it is the cutest shop ever. There is a great dressing room area and racks and racks of dresses. I tried on a bunch of dresses and the one I fell in love with ended up being in my price range! No David's Bridal for me! I was shocked by the reasonable price and the fact that I had a non-mainstream dress for my wedding. It was a great experiecen and I couldn't be happier.

Jessica was the girl that helped me and she was great. So friendly and helpful but not pushy. I didn't feel like I had to buy the dress then and there and she told me I should take my time and even come back. I did end up buying my dress that day and my sister even travelled from Kansas to come shop with Jessica when it was her turn to buy a dress last year. I cannot emphasize how much you should go to Mariposa and check out their dress selection.

Sent on 09/08/2010

Veronica · Married on 09/04/2010

Very helpful and professional service!

Sent on 09/06/2010
  • W

Kristina · Married on 08/07/2010

I LOVE this place. I have told all of my friends that THIS is the place to go to purchase a wedding gown. The ladies are all amazing. They are very polite and make you feel really comfortable. When I first went in, they were not pressuring me to purchase the dress. I fell in love with the first dress I tried on.. and they advised me not to purchase it. They told me to test the waters first and then decide if i wanted the dress.. I went to Davids Bridal.. and its clearly not the same. The davids bridal staff were rude, the dresses felt like plastic..the beading was plastic and the salesman kept trying to force you to purchase the dress.. i ended up going to back to mariposa and the manager jokingly said "i told you so.. i knew you would come back..".. she is great. They really do try to find a dress you will like. Everyone raved about how gorgeous my dress was.. i had a wonderful experience with these ladies.. oh.. and to make things even better.. i ordered my dress in February and was told i was going to get it in June. I turned out.. i got my dress in late MARCH! i had the dress in about a month and a half! that's amazing!

Sent on 08/24/2010

eugenia · Married on 07/23/2010

i got married less than a month ago.. we were not planning on having a wedding, but 1month before the date, we decided on having a wedding. n my oh my! Mariposa was a God sent! they helped me get the dress of my dreams n helped me get the alterations done within a week... the customer service was outstanding!! i recommend to all the brides to stop by mariposa before getting their bridal gown!!!

Sent on 08/18/2010
  • Eugenia

EUGENIA · Married on 07/23/2010

Sent on 08/18/2010

Rosemary · Married on 05/30/2010

I highly recommend getting your dress at Mariposa Boutique. They have a great selection of dresses in various styles and price ranges (most within reason). The ladies who work there are friendly and professional, and will treat you with respect! They are very open about style numbers and prices, unlike a lot of salons, and they let you take as many pictures as you like! In all, I had a lovely experience shopping with them, and I was so happy to buy my dress from them!

Sent on 11/23/2010
  • Joy

Joy · Married on 04/02/2010

Great wedding dress selection! Everyone was helpful and ordering and fittings were quick and efficient! Great place to find the dress of your dreams!

Sent on 04/20/2010

Jeni · Married on 02/28/2010

Great selections of dresses. The store allows you to take pictures for each dress you try out. It actually really helps because you want to make sure that's the dress you really want. Sometimes what you like might not look great on the pictures. I'm glad that I purchased my dress here. Originally my dress would be ready within 5 months, but it ended up only 1.5 months and ready for pick-up. The only unfortunate is they don't offer alteration, so you have to find seamstress yourself. Still overall is great service.

Sent on 03/09/2010

Nolan · Married on 01/07/2010

I am so thrilled to have worn a dress so beautiful for such a great price. I HIGHLY recommend that all rent their dresses. I'll definitely use them again the next time I have a big event to dress for. I even used their beautiful jewelry and they were so sweet that they helped me pick everything out and oohed and aahed over me like they would in a fancy dress shop. My wedding photos look like I spent thousands instead of hundreds. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/17/2010
  • lbh

Leslie · Married on 09/12/2009

Mariposa is a tiny little shop but they had a great selection at a good price. The offered to throw in some extras like hair jewels and storage at no cost. Nice people.

Sent on 10/10/2009

Lisa · Married on 07/18/2009

I bought a beautiful sample Mori Lee dress. I had to fix the zipper, but instead I had a coriset added in place of the zipper.

Sent on 08/05/2009

Renee · Married on 07/16/2009

Mariposa Boutique was my favorite place to look for a wedding dress and I would recommend them to anyone because they are very friendly and reasonable. Kasey, the manager was great and really helped me find the dress of my dreams. After my experience with purchasing my dress, I checked out there website and it said that Kasey had a passion for the bridal industry. Her passion towards helping brides find that special dress definitely showed.

Sent on 08/12/2009
  • chickenboo42

Jen · Married on 04/18/2009

There aren't enough positive words in the world to describe how I feel about Mariposa Bridal. They were the first vendor that truly made me feel like our wedding was really happening. And they took care of me, from beginning to end.

I'd made an appointment to look at dresses there about a year out from my wedding date. I thought I knew exactly what I wanted...and I asked for a particular dress they had to be set aside for me to try on. The appointment was GREAT. I worked with Lindsay, and she took SO MUCH TIME to help me. I truly felt like she was looking out for my best interests...was incredibly honest, yet incredibly WONDERFUL. She shared here opinions, and helped me figure out that was I was looking for wasn't really what I wanted. Hahaha!

I honestly tried visiting a few other local bridal salons (everything from David's Bridal and Alfred Angelo to The Wedding Day and La Soie), but I kept coming back to Mariposa. I asked them to special order a sample Maggie Sottero I'd wanted to try, but wasn't able to find anywhere, and they were more than happy to do that. And when Maggie Sottero's customer service completely fell through, Mariposa still took care of me. I ended up finding my dress at another salon, but when I saw the price, I decided to head back to Mariposa and see what they could do for me. They ordered the dress I wanted...for about $200 cheaper than the other salon. It came in in exactly three months, and it was PERFECT.

No one at Mariposa was EVER snooty or pushy. They honestly want you to find the right dress, and will help you until you find one. It was the most no-pressure place I've ever been to. They don't make you "register" when you arrive. They don't have a limit on how many dresses you can try on. They don't hide prices or dress names from you. If you ask, they'll give it to you.

Lindsay made the entire process so worthwhile. She completely took care of me and kept in contact with me for a good 7 months. She was wonderful, and I'd recommend them to any bride looking for the perfect dress. They'll help you find it, for sure.

Sent on 07/17/2009
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 01/09/2009

I loved Mariposa throughout my whole planning process. They helped me find my dream dress and made me feel totally at ease and comfortable. My dress came in really quickly, so they made an exception and held it in store without a storage fee. They also answered all my silly little questions about color differences, type of material, etc. Everyone in the store is so knowledgable of all the lines they carry. I usually went in on a weeknight and had the whole store to myself, weekend are a bit more busy. Check them out you will not be disapointed!

Sent on 01/27/2009

Ashley · Married on 09/13/2008

Mariposa was the absolute best boutique! They made the start of my planning perfect! They do not treat you like some dime a dozen bride but as if you are the only bride to ever walk through their doors. The product is exceptional as is everything about the place! Everyone is super nice, and the owner is incredibly sweet! I really cannot say enough how spectacular and amazing this place is and cannot recommend it highly enough!!!

Sent on 10/23/2008

Diana · Married on 06/21/2008

Kasey, the owner is awesome!!! I ordered and ivory dress and a month later decided that I actually wanted white when I realized how different ivory and white looked. I came to the boutique in tears and she said she would call the dress company the following day (because it was a Sunday). She said that if they didn't allow us to switch the color, that she would keep the ivory dress as a floor sample so that I would be able to have the white one I wanted. It ended up working out and the company allowed us to switch it but she was so great and accommodating to yet another stressed out bride. All the other girls there were extremely nice, helpful and professional. The dress prices were extremely reasonable for both the bride and the bridesmaids.

Sent on 07/16/2008