Mariposa Boutique Reviews

121 Reviews for Mariposa Boutique

Mariposa Boutique 1
Mariposa Boutique 2
Mariposa Boutique 3

Beautiful store! I got my wedding dress, veil and jewelry here. Actually, the only thing they had in store were the earrings. I found a dress at a different store and they special ordered it for me (I wanted to get it through them because I loved the sales associate so much - Emily). They had a veil that I liked, but wanted to make a few changes to, so they reached out to the designer and walked them through my vision and made it happen! They also signed me up for a jewelry vendor day and I customized my necklace with the designer! It all came out great. I moved to a different state before they received my veil and jewelry and they did a great job with communication and sending everything to me across country! Just note, they do not do alterations in house, so make sure you find a good alterations place elsewhere ;-)

Sent on 06/05/2014
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 03/15/2014

Coral was my assistant in trying on dresses, and she could not have been more helpful with me, even with suggestions about what would be appropriate for my size and style. The boutique is beautiful and has a home-like atmosphere, with a raised platform that reminded me of a stage that I was able to take pictures on in the dress I choose. They were perfectly willing to work within my price range and gave me champagne while we were finalizing the sale. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for a bridal boutique with a upscale setting in which any bride on a budget or otherwise could find something beautiful with a helpful and supportive staff. Great service!

Sent on 09/13/2013

Amber · Married on 03/02/2014

I got my amazing dream dress. It was perfect. Even got my bridesmaids dresses there. Since I needed 2 maternity dresses, it was a little challenging, but the staff was friendly and great. My bridesmaids even got a discount because I got my dress there. Very happy.

Sent on 05/13/2014

Jennifer · Married on 01/24/2014

i went in so nervous to try in a dress and had not been to any other shops yet. They made me feel so comfortable and the dresses were amazing.

Sent on 01/09/2015

Katrina · Married on 10/19/2013

All the girls in the store are very helpful, focus all their attention on the bride and love their customer service. There dresses are beautiful and they will help you find the perfect dress. Love Mariposa Boutique

Sent on 08/26/2013

Katrina · Married on 10/19/2013

The Best Experience Ever. The girls there are the best and they are always doing very thing they can to make the Bride feel so special. I really have to give it up to Jessica who was a huge help and helped me find the dress that I will be walking down the aisle. Also the owner Kacey was a huge help too.

Sent on 09/14/2013

Danielle · Married on 10/19/2013

I absolutely loved my bridal experience here! The staff was very helpful and really listened to what dresses and styles I wanted to see. They never tried to upsell me on anything and I never had a hard time making an appointment. I ended up buying my veil, sash, and dress here and couldn't be more happy with them!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Kristin · Married on 09/28/2013

I just picked up my dress from the boutique. I went in wanting to try on one specific dress and it was the first I tried on. I wasnt wowed by it so the associate was kind enough to grab me some others. After being a bit bleh with the dresses, the associate decided I should try the one dress again, this time with a petticoat. I put it on and just felt it. I Went home to think about it and look at the pictures (which btw, is the best part. Only at David's bridal have I seen the boutique let you take pictures). I went back and purchased the dress. I was given warnings and concerns with my shape but they helped me pick the perfect size.

When I picked up my dress yesterday, the associates were fast and gave me all the attention. They even played dress up and let me play with the jewelry and veil of the designer who was having a trunk show. I give them so much credit and I had an amazing experience. I only went to one shop and don't regret it.

Sent on 07/02/2012

Cherie · Married on 09/05/2013

I decided to go to Mariposa after calling all the stores in Los Angeles/Orange/Ventura County that carried to the dress I was interested. Mariposa was the only store that carried the dress I was interested in a size bigger then 10. Lindsey assisted me with my appointment, pulling the dress I wanted to try and a few others. I ended up falling in love with the dress I was interested in. Lindsey was very patient with me and let me take lots of pictures as my mom was unable to attend the appointment. I purchased the dress during a promotion period and received a free gift. They kept me in the loop during the waiting period of receiving my dress and called me they day my dress arrived. It was great working with Mariposa and everyone at the store is very friendly.

Sent on 09/15/2013

LOVED everything about this place. I had gone to so many dress shops in the beginning, and this venue was the most friendly and knowledgable. I highly recommend this place to anyone! Great selection of dresses and made the process so easy and enjoyable.

Sent on 08/22/2013

cynthia · Married on 07/27/2013

Mariposa Boutique was a wonderful experience!

Sent on 09/08/2013

anya · Married on 07/06/2013

I had a really wonderful experience at this store. My consultant was Stephanie and she was really sweet and helpful. I had a specific dress in mind and she helped me find all the similar styles. I was able to get my dream dress for under $1000 and the store was really nice about keeping it for me for a couple of months after the dress came in because I was out of the country. The only thing I would mention as slightly imperfect is that they don't have an in-house seamstress, but there is a lady just across the street they recommend. She is competent but really expensive. Wish I had gone somewhere else, but it's not the store's fault.

Sent on 07/21/2013

I loved the staff here, always so friendly! My dress was beautiful and I got a great deal on it too. Don't be fooled by the rinky dink neighborhood this boutique is in- they have great inventory!

Sent on 03/25/2013

Celia · Married on 09/28/2012

Let me just start by saying that I think I am one of the pickiest brides ever in terms of finding my dress. My trip to Mariposa Boutique was my 7th salon and I think I had tried on upwards of 35 dresses and I liked " not-a-one". When I went arrived my heart was already in the dumps because I was beginning to think dress shopping was pointless and that I was just going to have to give up and have someone make my dress anyhow (which I did not want because they never look exactly the same as the picture). I met my stylist Stephanie Artiga and she was and absolute doll! Whenever I spoke she looked me directly in the eyes and really listened to me. She really tried to match the idea in my head with the dresses at Mariposa Boutique. This what was really different about Stephanie in comparison to other stylist I worked with. When I would tell them what I wanted, they ended up bringing me dresses they thought I would look good in. But not Stephanie. She listened and worked quickly picking out dresses, bringing in as many as she thought necessary. The dress I bought was the first dress she chose and second one I tried on! Right when I put it on, I got teary eyed and knew it was the one! I was jumping up and down and hugged her in the fitting room. I honestly do not believe that if she wasn't my stylist, I wouldn't have found my wedding dress that day. It was a beautiful gown, simple yet elegant and perfect for me. Mariposa Boutique gives you "Beverly Hills Treatment" but has a cap on the gowns of around $4K. Which is amazing! Some gowns go up to $30K and at some salons some brides can end up wasting time on not finding something within their budget. Mariposa Boutique and Stephanie were a "Say yes to the dress" blessing for me.

Sent on 10/23/2012

I live in San Diego and based on the reviews of bridal boutiques around here I went all the way to Anaheim to visit Mariposa. I was not disappointed. I found my dress and everyone was so pleasant and accommodating. When I was misquoted the price of the dress, my stylist gave me the pressing at no charge which offset the difference. There is an excellent seamstress across the street who made my dress perfect. Overall it was a great and memorable experience.

Sent on 09/24/2012

Alice · Married on 09/08/2012

I love my dress from here! It was def. unique and one of a kind. I tried David's Bridal before I came here and after trying on 2 dress, I know this was the ONE! The price wasn't that bad either. Love the dress! The service was excellent, they help you try all the dresses and was very helpful and patient. Must make an appointment though since they're really busy!

Sent on 10/24/2012
  • sandra

sandra · Married on 09/03/2012

The staff is friendly and their dresses are beautiful! They had really good customer service and will work with you until you find your dream dress. My dress was breath taking at a very good reasonable price.

Sent on 09/23/2012

ELIZABETH · Married on 08/18/2012

My dress arrived way ahead of schedule! Great store for bridesmaids dresses as well. Very happy with the service.

Sent on 08/30/2012

Nina · Married on 08/11/2012

Two years ago I ventured into Mariposa Boutique as a bridesmaid, and fell in love with the Karina Royale by Maggie Sottero dress that I saw a bride trying on. I knew that if I ever got married, I would be returning to Mariposa. Fast-forward two years later to December of last year, it was my turn to buy my wedding dress. I set up and appointment with Sandra, and she was FANTASTIC!!! She listened to what I was looking for and my budget, and brought out all the dresses that I wanted to see. I like the dresses, but didn't love the ones I chose, so she decided to show me a dress that would fit my body shape. It was the Sottero and Midgley "Tracey". My mom knew that I didn't like the mermaid fit, and the way it looked on the hanger didn't impress me. However, Sandra reassured me that the dress looks different on, and proceeded to put me in the gown. OMG, I feel in love with the dress as soon as she started to tie the corset. It was the one! It was perfect! As soon as I walked out to show my mom, the look on her face made me realize that it was the one. I quickly ordered my dress to ensure that it would be ready by my August wedding. Sandra kept me informed through the months leading up to the wedding, as well as assisted my bridesmaids in picking and ordering their dresses. I can't recommend Mariposa Boutique enough!!!

Sent on 09/15/2012
  • W

Walter · Married on 06/16/2012

My wife's dress was amazing. Looked like a million dollars and cost much less :) She could not say enough nice things about this boutique. The dress selection is fabulous and it is worth the drive from LA. Call and make an appointment and you will see how great it is.

Sent on 08/05/2012
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 06/09/2012

After going to several of the larger bridal salons in Orange County, I made an appointment at Mariposa when I was on the hunt for a specific dress. The store is really nicely decorated, clean and the staff is super friendly. Sandra helped me both times I went in for my gown (once alone and once with my mother and mother in law) and she is amazing. Super sweet, and just very helpful. I ended up buying my gown from Mariposa, though it was not the one I had originally gone in for!

They have a large selection of dresses and the shop isn't really big, it just is a much more relaxed and inviting environment then some of the stores I had started at. I would definitely recommend Mariposa to my friends and family - in fact, I already have recommended them to two friends currently planning their own weddings!

Sent on 06/26/2012
  • Just4kim86

Kimberly · Married on 05/19/2012

I got my wedding dress from this shop. The customer service is out of this world. The staff is wonderful and very accommodating. I would highly recommend using this place to get your wedding dress. They offer high quality dresses at a very reasonable price. I loved this place!!!!

Sent on 10/03/2012

Jessica · Married on 04/21/2012

Went to soo many places to find my wedding dress and finally found it here. They have great prices compared to other bridal stores and a huge selection. Also, you can take pictures!!! All the other places didn't allow you too. We also ordered our bridesmaid dresses from Mariposa.

Sent on 06/23/2012
  • TWEETIE416

THUY · Married on 02/11/2012

I said YES to the dress here!! Sandra was wonderful at helping me try on dresses and everything.

Reasons why you should buy your dress here:
    -You can take ALL the pictures you want here - THIS IS A BIG PLUS BRIDES!! Not many places let you do that.
    -Everyone is super friendly
    -beautiful interior decor
    -there different mirrors for brides to try on dresses that are spread apart so you don't feel crowded next to other brides.
    -Lots of bridesmaid dresses
    -They don't rush you at all when you try on dresses
    -Sandra is great! request for her if you can!!

Sandra - if you are reading this, thank you so much for helping me with everything! You are wonderful and I can tell you love what you do and you are a great listener! Keep doing what you do!

After trying on a bunch of dresses, I found one I really love but it was out of my budget. She gave me a quote in writing of the dress and model number and everything. Not many places would give you ANY information on the dress!

After leaving this place, I sent an email to Sandra and asked her if she can get Maggie Sottero. She replied back very quickly and said yes. So I emailed her back asking for a quote for the wedding dress I tried on at the Wedding Day and she gave me a price quote of $60 less then what The Wedding Day quoted me without knowing how much I got quoted before.

After that I decided that I wanted to buy my dress from Mariposa. I booked an appointment that weekend and got my measurements done yesterday and made my deposit. While I was here to get my measurements and deposit, I actually accidentally came 1 hour earlier then my appointment time but Jessica was very kind and helpful. I had to wait only a little bit and she was able to help me with my measurements and deposit.

Jessica - if you are reading this, Thank you for all your help too! you are great!

While I was waiting, they were REALLY busy that day. I saw a girl try on over 10 dresses. She wasn't a bride buy maybe for Prom or bridesmaid dress? Anyways, her consultant was very patient and did not rush her at all. I was soo amazed that she could try on soo many dresses. But the time I was done making my deposit and measurements, she was still trying on dresses! Anyways, the reason why I brought this up was that, even if you can get Sandra to help you, it looks like all the other workers were just as pleasant!

I can't wait till my dress comes in! I am soo excited. Honestly girls, go ahead and try out dresses at other places if you don't find your dress here but come back and see if they can special order the dress with Mariposa. I love them and I am glad that I found Sandra to help me. I couldn't be happier!

Note: Parking is on the street but the sign of this place is blocked by a tree. Mariposa - if you can, I would recommend you to cut down the tree in front of your store. I had to make two u-turns trying to find this place the first time because I couldn't see the sign. My GPS says, "You have arrived." But I didn't know where the store was! LOL.

Sent on 02/28/2012

becca · Married on 01/28/2012

Mariposa has such a beautiful selection of dresses. I found exactly what I was looking for there and they are not pushy at all! Leeanna was my consultant for the day and that girl really knows her stuff I came with no pictures just a vision in my head and every dress she pulled was exactly what I wanted. To top it off they the prices are so reasonable! I highly recommend making an appointment when your dress shopping :)

Sent on 02/18/2012