Marianna's Reviews

23 | Phillipsburg, NJ

23 Reviews for Marianna's

Danielle · Married on 10/07/2018

They did it all. Literally. From outside ceremony to dj huge amount of food sweet girls cake it was an amazing night

Helen · Married on 09/23/2016

Marianna's did a great job with our wedding! Kelly went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. Our guests raved about the food and service! Highly recommended for your wedding day!

Kelly was absolutely amazing! She helped down to every last detail! The food was great along with the service! We chose to do family style which worked out better than buffet or plated for our large group of people. We were very pleased and I would highly recommend!!!

Courtney · Married on 08/06/2016

Everything was absolutely beautiful! The staff were so helpful and professional. I would HIGHLY recommend Marianna's for any of your special occasions.

• MrsBest2B

Lia · Married on 06/18/2016

We went to their restaurant and banquet hall yesterday to book off-site catering for our wedding next year. Kelly, their events and catering director was absolutely wonderful! She was so professional and I felt so confident in her. I was so concerned about our finicky venue, but Kelly's confidence was outstanding and made me feel so much better that it's all going to come together. We were stunned when they brought us wine and apps to taste too! We had no idea we'd get to try any food (or drink any wine!) and had eaten a huge brunch beforehand, but we got them down :) Even brought leftovers to my fiance's family's Sunday dinner and everyone loved them! Great food, great service and great price compared to other local caterers, fitting in perfectly for our very limited budget. We may actually be able to feed our guests and still have a honeymoon! I'm so looking forward to working with Kelly and Marianna's for our 2016 wedding. They are a hidden gem, so lucky to have found them!

Jaclyn · Married on 05/14/2016

We definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for an affordable, classy, and low stress wedding and planning experience. The event coordinator, Kelly was excellent- accommodating, upbeat, and makes you feel like your event is just as important to her as it is to you. The event staff was professional and very attentive. The facility was comfortable and clean and food was great. Our guests raved for weeks about how good it was. We've even had some of our guests return to Marianna's for dinner since our wedding because they liked it so much. Thank you Kelly and Marianna's!

Casey · Married on 04/17/2016

We found Marianna's at a bridal show. We set an appointment to meet the manager, and fell in love that day. Not only did she take us on a tour of the grounds, but fed us! She didn't want us booking with her without knowing what the food tasted like. Since we booked, Kelly (the GM) was always quick to respond to emails or calls, and was always there to answer any questions that I had. On top of all that, the price was AMAZING for food, reception, and beer, wine and soda.

Fast forward to the week before the wedding. She tells me to drop off all the centerpieces, and THEY would put them together. What a huge help that was! All I had to do was drop all my stuff off, and they set it up. We had an outdoor cocktail hour on the patio, on a beautiful 75 degree day. The patio and a bridal party suite were available for an extra fee (which I suggest doing...it was so nice to just sit down before being announced to the reception and eat without being disturbed. They had all the same hor duerves there, and wait staff to get us drinks.) Hor duerves were butlered throughout the cocktail hour, and bartenders were also outside. Dinner was buffet style, and everyone loved it. There was plenty of food! I had a candy bar, and staff was pretty good at regularly filling it when it was low. I had to remind them a few times, but that is the only small negative of the day. By the time the reception was over, everything was boxed up and ready for me to take home. We had such a beautiful time, and it was so much fun! For 125 guests, plus the bride and groom and vendors, we spent about 7,200 (including the bridal party suite.) It was such a great day, and I look forward to having another event there in the future!

Tara · Married on 11/06/2015

My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner here prior to our wedding. Everything was absolutely perfect from start to finish. The food was absolutely delicious and Kelly was there for us every step of the way. She made sure that the room and menu were exactly what we wanted. Kelly was extremely accommodating leading up to our event and the staff were super helpful as well. Everyone had a smile on their face and made the night stress free and fun. I highly recommend Marianna's for anyone holding a wedding-related or other kind of event. Their food, staff, and service are consistently outstanding and cannot be beaten!

Jean · Married on 09/20/2015

Marianna's did an amazing job catering our wedding. We had an off site vineyard affair, and all our expectations were met and exceeded. Our special day wouldn't have been the same without all of their dedication and hard work. We could not be happier. ❤

Chrissy · Married on 09/19/2015

No one does a better job than Kelly! Amazing from start to finish!

Jennifer · Married on 09/05/2015

Kelly and her staff were simply amazing and made our special event run smoothly from the first meeting all the way through to the conclusion. All of our guests had a good time and I could not have asked for a more dedicated and devoted team who assisted us along the way. They made me feel like my wedding was the most important thing to them, no matter how small or large my guest list was. My husband and I had enjoyed my cousin's wedding at Marianna's a year before our own and we were so impressed with Marianna's that we decided to go with them for our day. I was impressed as a guest, but I was blown away as the bride with Kelly's care, expertise, attention to detail and responsiveness to my questions and concerns. The food was wonderful, the staff was friendly, and I could not have asked for a better or more memorable experience. Their wonderful bartender even helped us carry stuff out to our car after all of our guests had departed and our beautiful day had come to an end.

Marianna's goes above and beyond to make sure your special day is perfect! Kelly is very skilled in her profession and thinks of every detail! She will do whatever she can to make sure every aspect is covered. They have a large menu to choose from and everything we tried was so delicious it was hard to choose. The guests raved about the food and the service as well. There was no stress with them. Everything about Marianna's is wonderful and we couldn't have asked for more!

I wish I could give Kelly and her team 100 stars. I originally found Marianna's at a bridal show and I didn't know what to expect before we met with Kelly. She exceeded all expectations. She was so prompt whenever I contacted her with any crazy bridezilla-esque questions without a hitch. Kelly was AMAZING. She was beyond anything I would've imagined before and during the wedding. She met with me whenever I got nervous about something or needed her opinion. Our guests complimented Marianna's all day. We loved Kelly so much, we recommended her to a friend that was getting married a month after us-the friend was sold and hired her also! We didn't get to fully enjoy the food at our wedding because of all the chaos but we got to enjoy Marianna's at our friends wedding-SO DELICIOUS. Marianna's also catered our rehearsal dinner-AMAZING. All the food was gone and our bridal party was raving about it all evening. She went above and beyond as far as her job description. We were provided about 10 waitstaff and bartenders the day of-I didn't stress about anything on the wedding day because I knew Kelly would take care of it. There were a lot of hiccups that I learned about AFTER the wedding-because she DID take care of it and didn't have to come to me about it. I am now trying to scheme another event JUST so I can hire Kelly again. I would hire her for any future events. I was going to hire a wedding coordinator to help during the day of the wedding and Kelly assured me that it was an unnecessary expense and that her role is basically like a wedding coordinator. She was right!

Regina · Married on 03/21/2015

I really loved this venue. We had lots of compliments on the food and how nice of a place it was...the only issue we had was the tables was not set up exactly the way i had wanted them, and some people was let in who wasnt on the list...but other then that we had a Great Wedding Day because of Kelly our planner and the professional staff we would most definatley come again!!

Ashley · Married on 08/23/2014

My husband and I got married here August 2015 and it was the beat experience ever. We had met with several places and out of all of them they could not add up to Kelly! Kelly is honestly what made us book our wedding and reception here! The staff was so professional and helped us with everything the day of our wedding it was such a breeze! My husband keeps saying we need to go back for dinner because it's that amazing and I admit we need to, this is a must try along with any event. Kelly you are amazing at what you do and over the moon with you're excellent customer service!
    Ashley Hottenstein

This venue was great very nice and elegant. Staff were very polite and helpful.

Alicia · Married on 06/01/2013

Kelly and her staff at Marianna's went above and beyond our expectations! Everything from the food to the set up of our reception, service, and also rehearsal dinner was phenomenal. We would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

Cheryl · event on: 10/25/2014

My Daughters Wedding is the second event I've held at Marianna's. The food is wonderful but for me the highlight is the staff and Kelly. They treat each event as though it were something for their own family. The cost is more than resonable and the surroundings beautiful.

Judi · Married on 10/22/2017

Daughter’s wedding on 10/22/17. Gabriella is trustworthy and service oriented. She asked me what drinks she could take out to the bride & groom while they waited outside for everyone to move inside. Attentive to B&G throughout reception. Big problem with some lights going out. My daughter said Gabriella worked with our coordinator to address the issue so food & bar had enough lighting. This problem occurred at an offsite venue, not Marianna’s. Guests raved about chicken parrmagian. My two suggestions:
    provide broccoli in steamed florets or manage to prevent it from becoming mush. I would have preferred a traditional beef dish like beef stroganoff to meatballs but it is an Italian restaurant after all. I didn’t feel confident getting filet mignon or salmon offsite (8 and 4 dollars pp respectively but that’s my problem Whole process was service oriented and pleasant even with turnover of coordinator mid process. I recommend a look/taste for the budget conscious.

Kendra · Married on 10/17/2015

3.5

Kelly and her team are great. The food is fabulous and everything is so professional. I can not wait for my special day at Marianna's.

Kendra · Married on 10/17/2015

Kelly is wonderful to work with. She is there for you and willing to help however we can. We moved our wedding up a whole year and Kelly and Marianas made it happen. The food is the best thing in the world. Book there today I promise you won't be upset.

Aa Mcg · Married on 04/29/2017

3.6
      2.0

Used 4 times, LATE for 3 of 4

Marianna's has amazing food and friendly people, and I've used them on 4 different occasions. BUT they have an issue with punctuality. After informing them of my issue with their tardiness, I gave them one more shot and they were 25 minutes late. They showed up 10 minutes after guests had started to arrive. I will never use them again!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Marianna's's reply:

I'm so sorry that this happened to you. We have an all new crew, so maybe we would be worth another shot....
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/23/2013

Rude and unprofessional

Attendee an event here and was shocked and beyond disappointed by the staff. We had been there setting up for about an hour without any staff thinking to turn the heat on (it was 59 degrees). During set up, one staff member was particularly snippy about the set up process. I was left speechless at the rude, insulting manner in which I was treated when I requested accommodations for a severe allergy. Everyone said the food was low quality and the one item I was given to eat caused a mild reaction anyway making their utter disregard for my concerns all the more evident. There is NO excuse for the unprofessional nasty attitude of the staff and even if the food had been half way decent I would warn anyone to avoid this place for an event.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Marianna's's reply:

I wish that you would have asked to speak with someone else. I was on premise and spoke with Morgan and nothing was mentioned. It is always preferred to be told about an issue so that it can be solved while you're here. I unfortunately in a difficult position to first hear of this on a public forum. Hopefully if ever in our company again it will be a better experience.