Mariah Gentry Photography Reviews

148 | Seattle, WA

148 Reviews for Mariah Gentry Photography

Kelly · Married on 07/23/2016

Mariah was the photographer for our wedding on July 23, 2016 and I couldn't have asked for more! She was great from the start, she was very responsive to all my emails and was very accommodating, putting together a package that reflected exactly what I was looking for. I was nervous that the first time I was meeting her was the day of, but all my anxieties about that went out the door when she walked into the room. She has a calming air about her and made me feel at ease immediately. Even when things got rushed and I was feeling very anxious, she would remind me to take deep breathes and remind me that everything will be amazing. Not only is she talented but a pleasure to be around as well, my friends and family raved about her and she was very conscious about the physical conditions and limitations of the grandparents (without them noticing) while deciding on shots, this was something I definitely appreciated and took notice to. Mariah delivered my photos in a much shorter period of time than what was expected and I could not have been more pleased with the final photos. She will be the person we come to for all future photography needs!!

Sent on 08/04/2016

Kiya · Married on 06/16/2016

My wedding was June 16, 2016 and Mariah was our photographer. Having her for our big day was the best decision we have made. She clearly knew what she was doing at every step of our wedding and was very professional from day one. Kept warm and clear communication starting before the wedding which made it easier to understand each other completely and connect on our vision for the wedding. On the wedding day she came early for free and set up the photo shoot, she was very helpful, friendly and non intrusive. Not only for us but also she made our families feel confrtable. Specially for me, she made me feel like I am the most beautiful bride in the world. She stayed with us with an amazing energy for about 8 hrs, the entire time her technique was very natural and made it easy and fun for us. All the pictures we agreed on and so much more came in a very short time, (max 10 days) and good amazing quality. Both me and my husband are very satisfied with the pictures. And for all of her amazing work, her pricing was so reasonable. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer. I have no hasitation to have her as my photographer if I get to redo my wedding.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Marchee · Married on 06/09/2016

Mariah was the sweetest photographer ever! She was very fast with getting back with me and making sure I got everything I wanted for my big day. She was very helpful with giving ideas for places since I'm not from the Seattle area. I was 30 mins late to my photo times due to other reasons but she made the best of our time and the photos came out GREAT! My husband and I already said she's our go to photographer for sure hands down.

Sent on 06/15/2016

Kalif · Married on 06/05/2016

Mariah is a wonderful photographer and an even more wonderful person. Mariah has been taking our family pictures every six months since our son was six months old; he is now 2.5 y/o. Mariah has always been prompt with responding to our requests, and has always provided amazing pictures and videos that we love to share with or family and friends. We recently had our second child and Mariah worked her schedule so she could drive to Olympia and take newborn and family pictures for us. Mariah is great with children, our son runs to her for hugs. We could go on and on about how wonderful Mariah is. I have and will always continue to recommend Mariah to family and friends.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Claudine · Married on 05/22/2016

Mariah was everything I had wanted in a wedding photographer and more -- punctual, professional, responsive, contagiously energetic, and truly talented! I cannot be happier with the memories that she beautifully captured on our big day. I am so in love with our photos! I will recommend her to anyone and everyone, no doubt!

Sent on 06/03/2016

Michael · Married on 05/14/2016

Mariah was unbelievable from start to finish. She was poignant when we originally reached out, she met up with my wife and I to discuss details about the wedding and she was at her best on the day of. She was so sweet to all the bridesmaids, kept the guys in line and just kept the atmosphere light and fun throughout the day. She gave everything she advertised and then some.
    We booked Mariah for her highest package, so she came to the rehearsal dinner as well. Everyone knew she was there, but she wasn't overwhelming or intrusive as some photographers can be. She finds a nice balance for her presence at these events.
    I could keep going, but I think anyone in the Seattle area (or further) should call and book Mariah before she fills up. Worth every penny, would definitely recommend to friends, family and strangers alike. Thanks Mariah!

Sent on 05/27/2016

Emily · Married on 04/09/2016

Mariah is an absolutely amazing photographer! My wedding day was a dream, and she was a key factor. She is incredibly organized, which is imperative for wedding planning. She helped me with my day-of timeline and helped make everything run smoothly. The weather happened to be beautiful that day (early April), so Mariah suggested we go to a nearby park to get some spontaneous outdoor photos. I was so impressed that she had researched the area just in case the weather was nice. She stuck to the schedule and kept us on track, even despite some hiccups with members of the wedding party showing up late due to traffic. One of the best parts was that we didn't have to wait forever to get our photos back - Mariah sent them to me two weeks after the ceremony! So professional, so pleasant to work with, so skilled in her craft, and yet so affordable, Mariah is a gem. All my wedding vendors were great, but if I had to recommend just one, hands down it would definitely be Mariah Gentry!

Sent on 01/31/2018

Amanda · Married on 04/03/2016

We have been married a little more than 3 months now, and we have finally made it through both the edited galleries AND all the unedited sets Mariah sent us after our wedding...and we love ALL of them! Mariah took such a wide variety of shots and captured so many moments, big and small, throughout the entirety of our day. We truly feel like we can relive the entire wedding day through her pictures. What we loved most about working with Mariah is that she made us so comfortable and made our wedding day SO easy! We felt her amazing energy, confidence, and positivity all day long. She knew just how to direct the two of us (especially my nervous groom who doesn't like having his picture taken) and our friends and family. She noticed every little detail that could be tweaked for a shot, and she made us feel like the stars of the show without making us nervous. Our guests commented to us both during and after the wedding that Mariah had the natural ability to get all the "just right" shots of us in our happiest moments. Most importantly, I want to say that Mariah was so devoted to our special day. All day long we knew she was going above and beyond her role as a photographer to make everything easy for us, to guide us when we were clueless, and to capture pictures that we hadn't even asked her to take (but would certainly treasure later!). We have received countless compliments from our wedding guests about her work the day of the wedding, and we've heard so many positive comments about our pictures from everyone who has seen them. We are so happy to have met her and worked with her, and we recommend her to you too!

Sent on 07/16/2016

Jazmyn · Married on 03/18/2016

Mariah! Let me first start off by saying that my entire bridal party, our guests, along with my husband and myself were all just obsessed with Mariah. She gives off such a fun and energetic energy and seems genuinely happy to be there sharing in your special day. She made all of us feel so comfortable and I would book her again in a heartbeat. Not only is she just an amazing person, she also takes UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL photos. No lie, she sent us the digital files (after TWO WEEKS btw), I opened them and immediately started crying! They were simply breathtaking! I am still just in awe when I look at them. On top of all of this, she is responsive, professional, helpful, the list is endless.

My advice: book her. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 04/06/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 12/05/2015

Mariah was amazing! She arrived early on the wedding day, taking lots of fun getting ready photos. Her communication through email was superb and her details were clear and concise. After the short ceremony we went outside (yes it was raining lightly) but she worked very fast and efficiently!! Her prices are great for those on a budget; which we were. And the turnaround time was fast! Her friendly attitude, professionalism and sense of humor made our photos and wedding shine! Thank you Mariah!!

Sent on 12/22/2015

Alyssa · Married on 11/07/2015

I don't even know where to begin! Mariah was wonderful! She was always so quick to respond to our questions and concerns. Mariah went above and beyond to make sure she got every shot we wanted and made everyone feel so comfortable! I couldn't be more pleased!! We got our pictures back so fast! We have beautiful wedding pictures we can now look back on and remember every wonderful moment. I would love to work with Mariah again!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Mina · Married on 10/07/2015

Mariah is very intelligent and creative and a talented photographer. We have been using Mariah for our family photos and newborn portraits for six years with high quality images that receive tons of compliments. We met her because we were so impressed by her work at two weddings we attended. Best of all, she has competitive prices and is both kind and very professional. Hire her and you will not regret it!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Anita · Married on 08/23/2015

Mariah is absolutely amazing! Everything about her--her talent, kindness, energy, quality, work ethic, turnaround time, and SO much more--made our wedding day so special! From the very beginning she was so friendly and responsive, and such a pleasure to work with! We VERY STRONGLY recommend her, and will definitely be working with her again! She is just the BEST! We had SO much fun working with her!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Kellee · Married on 07/18/2015

I cannot say enough how much I loved and enjoyed working with Mariah, she was the best.

She was great creating a flexible package with us and was very affordable. She was also very responsive, especially since we had a year and a half long engagement, I never once doubted that I couldn't contact her in between.

When we did the first round of engagement shots, she was nothing short of amazing. She knew how to help direct us, and capture the light and was very helpful. We got lots of different angles and different spots and tons of gorgeous pictures plus way more than I thought we were going to get. I think she told us there were just too many good shots, haha.

The day of the wedding. She was there, like everyone else said, at least a half hour early with her second photographer, and got a scope of the land. Both of them were really nice. People that you can just talk to. And it was nice that they knew what shots they needed to get and what they were doing. They were super flexible that day and just kind went with the flow of things.

I hope to use them again....I would recommend them to anyone. They were great.

Sent on 07/22/2015

Sophie · Married on 04/18/2015

Mariah was fantastic! She made us feel at ease during all of the wedding portraits and did a wonderful job of capturing both the ceremony and reception. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/19/2015

Rachel · Married on 02/21/2015

Mariah is absolutely wonderful! She was so kind and flexible the day of our wedding and helped keep me calm the entire day. I emailed her quite often in the months leading up to our wedding and she always responded right away. I told her exactly what we wanted in terms of types of photos and how long we wanted to be taking photos and she made it happen. She went above and beyond to make everyone comfortable and happy and I couldn't be happier with our decision to have her as our photographer! Mariah is affordable, efficient, and sweet as can be!

Sent on 03/07/2015

Alyssa · Married on 11/16/2014

Mariah is awesome! She was great to work with and our pictures turned out perfectly.

Mariah has a genuine talent for photography and her images make me feel beautiful. Every bride wants to look perfect in her wedding pictures and Mariah did just that.

Not only were the pictures great, Mariah is fun to be around. During our communications she was always friendly and professional, quick to respond, and enthusiastic about our shoots. We had our engagement and wedding photos done with her and both sets of pictures are images I will treasure for a lifetime. Her turn time is quick and the value of the packages she offers is great! We have full access to a digital gallery, she provided slide shows (and was great when I requested special music), as well as providing disks of all of our images. Mariah went above and beyond and more than fulfilled her contractual agreement when it came to the number of images provided.

I would happily recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer and she will be my first call the next time I need professional pictures done.

Sent on 12/12/2014

Kim · Married on 11/07/2014

From the very beginning through the ongoing relationship, Mariah Gentry has provided professional, reliable and excellence in her photography service. We struggled to find a quality photographer to fit our non-traditional wedding ceremony at an affordable rate. I was fortunate to find Mariah Gentry Photography while reading a wedding blog on elopement/city hall weddings.

Mariah listened to our needs and offered us an affordable rate on a fun, intimate documentation of our special day. She offered much needed feedback for this young couple and was consistently responsive and friendly in her suggestions. The day of the wedding, she was open, funny, and sweet. She was flexible to our needs and quirks. :) Then, the final product arrived! Her photographs were absolutely stunning. She included a touching slideshow that told our story better than words! I am thrilled to have found Mariah to document such a special day and feel excited to have found a photographer to capture life's future events!

Sent on 12/04/2014
  • W

Wendy · Married on 09/06/2014

We loved Mariah and would highly recommend her. She did such an amazing job! She was very professional and an expert at what she does. Everyone really liked her...she was so friendly and personable. She even jumped in and showed us all how to do a dance on the dance floor...I don't know many photographers that would do that! We were all very impressed. And of course, the wedding photos turned out beautifully. We couldn't be more pleased. Mariah made our wedding day very special and we now have memories to last a life time.

Sent on 09/26/2014

Mary · Married on 08/23/2014

We haven't seen the pictures yet but Msriah and her assistant, Roddy were awesome and perfect to work with.

We will send another review after viewing the photos but highly recommend talking with Maria if you are planning a wedding, she is awesome and reasonable.

Sent on 08/26/2014

Mary · Married on 08/23/2014

This young woman is fantastic and I highly recommend her. She is good and so is her assistant Roddy. We haven't seen the pictures yet but know they will be fabulous. They are very good, observant and reasonable.

Sent on 08/26/2014

Meghan · Married on 08/23/2014

Mariah was incredible. We went to her through a friend's recommendation. She's super flexible, extremely easy to work with, and her pictures were beautiful! We had a crazy Irish wedding and she handled it flawlessly, capturing every moment. Plus, as an added bonus, her prices were much more reasonable than other photographers we quoted. I would recommend Mariah to anyone without reservations, you'd be silly to pay more for less quality and service!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Kristen · Married on 08/15/2014

BEFORE THE WEDDING: Mariah was always responsive. If we emailed her, she would respond that day or the day after. The questions that she asked us were right on and got us to the shots and the feel of the day that were perfect. We live out of town, so we didn't get to meet Mariah in person, but I never felt that we missed out on anything because of how quickly she responded when we had questions, the plans that we put in place, and the questions that she had for us made me feel like she was really getting to know us and had a great idea of who we were.

DAY OF THE WEDDING: Mariah and her 2nd photographer arrived 30 minutes early and had everything set up by the time we arrived. She was so warm and welcoming from the very start. Mariah was the perfect balance of directing us to the right places, but without the rigid feeling of being super posed all the time. She was knowledgeable about our location and the great places for photos, that we didn't have to worry about giving her ideas. Also, as a lesbian couple, we worried about typical heteronormative poses. But, we never felt that the poses were typical male-female, and we felt that she respected both of our femininity the entire time. Throughout the wedding she was a perfect balance of being present, but not being intrusive at all. She was also SUPER flexible and we asked her to stay an extra hour and she was more than happy to stay! We constantly said the day of how LUCKY we were to have found Mariah.

AFTER WEDDING: Mariah was still very responsive and sent such a kind, heartfelt email to us about how special the wedding was. And, the pictures were SPECTACULAR! She edited more than she initially said, and she sent us two beautiful photo videos she created that brought us, and everyone we show them to to tears.

We feel SO LUCKY to have found Mariah. She is so kind, professional, an incredible photographer and SO FUN! We wish we lived in Seattle so we could see Mariah more often and be friends.

Sent on 09/04/2014

Melody · Married on 08/10/2014

Mariah is a wonderful photographer. She created amazing memories for us that captured the spirit of our wedding day. She took and edited more photographs than were required of the packaged we purchased and created a wonderful video also. The editing was done quickly, prior to the time promised and she also sent us the disk with all the images she took.

Several of our guest thought that Mariah was a close friend because she was so friendly, approachable and comfortable with everyone. We would definitely recommend Mariah and will be requesting her services in the future.

Sent on 09/10/2014

Julie · Married on 08/02/2014

We found Mariah through Craigslist and feel so lucky we did!! Our engagement photos were perfect. We had great couples photos as well as photos with our 4 yr old. Mariah brought another photographer with her to the wedding so we were able to get pictures from 2 angles instead of 1. There was a photographer with the ladies and the guys while getting ready. Mariah knew how to keep everyone organized and get the kids to smile in the midst of chaos. They captured how special our wedding was and we will have amazing pictures to remember that day forever. We love Mariah!!!

Sent on 09/11/2014