Mariah Gentry Photography Reviews

158 | Seattle, WA

158 Reviews for Mariah Gentry Photography

• emh125

Elena · Married on 11/19/2016

Mariah was incredible from day one! She was very responsive throughout the planning process and had really affordable packages with incredible quality of work. Not to mention how flexible she was with us as we planned out our day and the type of coverage we would want. On the day of, she came early and had scoped out the neighborhood for good places to shoot given the unpredictable weather, which was a huge relief for us. And she made everyone feel immediately comfortable and she was really great with the kids. We got our pictures in less than two weeks and she even edited extras for us! I would highly recommend Mariah for weddings and other special events too, she is great!

Sent on 12/04/2016

Emily · Married on 10/22/2016

I cannot give enough praise to Mariah! She was an absolute joy to work with! We booked her for our wedding and she was AMAZING! She was very communicative before the wedding to planning and booking. The day of our wedding, she made sure to get all the shots we wanted and then SO MUCH MORE!! She has such a warm and embracing personality and she made everyone feel at ease. And there is not a single photo I don't love!! She captured every moment perfectly!! My husband and I just had a wonderful time reliving our perfect wedding day through the photos she sent us! I can't wait to share our pictures with our families. I won't hesitate to contact her when we need a photographer next!

Sent on 11/05/2016

Brittney · Married on 09/23/2016

Mariah was a dream to work with, I cannot recommend her enough! She arrived early and worked every second she was with us. We never felt like we were spending hours with a stranger. She was so personable and friendly with all of our guests, many asked later if she was a friend of ours.
    When it came time to take some family photos, she did an AMAZING job of getting the kid's attention and making them smile and laugh. She was able to quickly round up the people we needed and she had a clear plan in her mind of how to execute all of the tiers of family shots. (Something I hadn't prepped for!)
    My husband and I worried with any photography was feeling awkward in front of the camera or not knowing how to pose ourselves. As soon Mariah arrived she took the lead and started guiding us and posing us in ways that made us comfortable but also look great!
    Lastly, the photos turned out amazing. The colors were so sharp, she cleaned up any blemishes we had without wildly over editing, and the quality was just spectacular overall. I didn't count, but she provided way more photos than listed on her website.

She truly captured our day and our personality. I am so grateful for the photos I'll be able to cherish forever!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Heather · Married on 09/13/2016

Mariah is INCREDIBLE!!! She is an amazing photographer and was very supportive,kind and professional! She Made sure to capture everything that was happening! She also made sure to keep us all on track since we had a timeline we wanted to follow. We could not have asked for a better photographer!!! So thankful we found her !!! She is truly the best !!!!

Sent on 09/23/2016

Brian · Married on 09/02/2016

Mariah did both our engagement photos and our wedding photos. Absolutely TOP LEVEL in every aspect. She made us feel extremely comfortable and didn't linger on any single pose. Pictures have always felt forced and drawn out until we worked with Mariah. She has a natural talent to make you laugh and capture the moment each time. Her flexibility was also tremendously helpful as I am on call for work and naturally it interrupted a scheduled session. Her communication is clear and prompt and there were no surprises. It's an easy decision to go with Mariah!

Sent on 09/29/2016

amanda · Married on 08/11/2016

Let me preface this review by saying that my career is research. So, when it came to wedding planning... I can't stress enough how many hours of research I did. Any woman and man planning their own wedding knows :) So when I say I researched every photographer in Seattle, WA and beyond I'm not exaggerating. I was nervous about all of my vendors because we had a destination wedding (we are based in NYC) and I didn't have the opportunity to meet anyone face to face.

Mariah immediately feels like your best friend. My family and friends couldn't have been more wonderful, but it's an emotional day for them (probably more than the bride and groom, honestly). So, to have someone and especially someone who is capturing these moments forever feel like that and take control in a way that feels completely natural is remarkable. I would have been happy if the pictures were just "okay" because she was that sweet and wonderful.

Her pictures were AMAZING. I am not a crier and I looked at the little thumbnails on my phone with my husband for the first time and we laughed and cried and looked at them over and over again.

Mariah Gentry should be your first choice. She's the BEST. We're beyond grateful.

Sent on 08/26/2016

Patty · Married on 08/07/2016

Mariah was our photographer for our wedding August 7, 2016. From the start she was amazing! Always available to talk no matter the day or time. The day of th wedding she was amazing! She not only took absolutely beautiful photos but, also was a great resource for last minute things my husband and I forgot about. She is hands down one the BEST photographers I have ever worked with. She's is now not just our photographer but our lifelong friend. We can't wait to work with her again in our future!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Monica · Married on 08/06/2016

Mariah was so amazing! She was so nice and responsive from the beginning. She was very flexible with the hours and was able to work out a schedule that worked out for us. And her prices were very reasonable. The day of the wedding she was super sweet. She has a great eye for good shots and backgrounds. She was able to make everyone from 4 to 90 feel comfortable with pictures. She was even able to calm me down and adapted quickly to getting a shot of 20 family members. We received the photos quicker than expected. Both candid and staged shots were great. Loved loved loved Mariah, cannot say enough good things about her. Book her for your wedding, you will not regret it!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Emily · Married on 07/30/2016

Mariah is fantastic. From the first email to the final photo delivery Mariah was very professional, easy to communicate with, so helpful. Mariah was amazing in coming up with ideas on how to work with my tight wedding day timeline, getting everyone smiling for pictures, and everything else in between. I cannot recommend Mariah enough for any of your photographing needs. She has a smile that is contagious and she truly loves her job, which makes getting great photos easy! Quick turnaround, beautifully edited photos, and all raw images as well. Hiring Mariah for your wedding will be one of the best choices you make!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Kelly · Married on 07/23/2016

Mariah was the photographer for our wedding on July 23, 2016 and I couldn't have asked for more! She was great from the start, she was very responsive to all my emails and was very accommodating, putting together a package that reflected exactly what I was looking for. I was nervous that the first time I was meeting her was the day of, but all my anxieties about that went out the door when she walked into the room. She has a calming air about her and made me feel at ease immediately. Even when things got rushed and I was feeling very anxious, she would remind me to take deep breathes and remind me that everything will be amazing. Not only is she talented but a pleasure to be around as well, my friends and family raved about her and she was very conscious about the physical conditions and limitations of the grandparents (without them noticing) while deciding on shots, this was something I definitely appreciated and took notice to. Mariah delivered my photos in a much shorter period of time than what was expected and I could not have been more pleased with the final photos. She will be the person we come to for all future photography needs!!

Sent on 08/04/2016

Kiya · Married on 06/16/2016

My wedding was June 16, 2016 and Mariah was our photographer. Having her for our big day was the best decision we have made. She clearly knew what she was doing at every step of our wedding and was very professional from day one. Kept warm and clear communication starting before the wedding which made it easier to understand each other completely and connect on our vision for the wedding. On the wedding day she came early for free and set up the photo shoot, she was very helpful, friendly and non intrusive. Not only for us but also she made our families feel confrtable. Specially for me, she made me feel like I am the most beautiful bride in the world. She stayed with us with an amazing energy for about 8 hrs, the entire time her technique was very natural and made it easy and fun for us. All the pictures we agreed on and so much more came in a very short time, (max 10 days) and good amazing quality. Both me and my husband are very satisfied with the pictures. And for all of her amazing work, her pricing was so reasonable. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer. I have no hasitation to have her as my photographer if I get to redo my wedding.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Marchee · Married on 06/09/2016

Mariah was the sweetest photographer ever! She was very fast with getting back with me and making sure I got everything I wanted for my big day. She was very helpful with giving ideas for places since I'm not from the Seattle area. I was 30 mins late to my photo times due to other reasons but she made the best of our time and the photos came out GREAT! My husband and I already said she's our go to photographer for sure hands down.

Sent on 06/15/2016

Kalif · Married on 06/05/2016

Mariah is a wonderful photographer and an even more wonderful person. Mariah has been taking our family pictures every six months since our son was six months old; he is now 2.5 y/o. Mariah has always been prompt with responding to our requests, and has always provided amazing pictures and videos that we love to share with or family and friends. We recently had our second child and Mariah worked her schedule so she could drive to Olympia and take newborn and family pictures for us. Mariah is great with children, our son runs to her for hugs. We could go on and on about how wonderful Mariah is. I have and will always continue to recommend Mariah to family and friends.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Claudine · Married on 05/22/2016

Mariah was everything I had wanted in a wedding photographer and more -- punctual, professional, responsive, contagiously energetic, and truly talented! I cannot be happier with the memories that she beautifully captured on our big day. I am so in love with our photos! I will recommend her to anyone and everyone, no doubt!

Sent on 06/03/2016

Michael · Married on 05/14/2016

Mariah was unbelievable from start to finish. She was poignant when we originally reached out, she met up with my wife and I to discuss details about the wedding and she was at her best on the day of. She was so sweet to all the bridesmaids, kept the guys in line and just kept the atmosphere light and fun throughout the day. She gave everything she advertised and then some.
    We booked Mariah for her highest package, so she came to the rehearsal dinner as well. Everyone knew she was there, but she wasn't overwhelming or intrusive as some photographers can be. She finds a nice balance for her presence at these events.
    I could keep going, but I think anyone in the Seattle area (or further) should call and book Mariah before she fills up. Worth every penny, would definitely recommend to friends, family and strangers alike. Thanks Mariah!

Sent on 05/27/2016

Emily · Married on 04/09/2016

Mariah is an absolutely amazing photographer! My wedding day was a dream, and she was a key factor. She is incredibly organized, which is imperative for wedding planning. She helped me with my day-of timeline and helped make everything run smoothly. The weather happened to be beautiful that day (early April), so Mariah suggested we go to a nearby park to get some spontaneous outdoor photos. I was so impressed that she had researched the area just in case the weather was nice. She stuck to the schedule and kept us on track, even despite some hiccups with members of the wedding party showing up late due to traffic. One of the best parts was that we didn't have to wait forever to get our photos back - Mariah sent them to me two weeks after the ceremony! So professional, so pleasant to work with, so skilled in her craft, and yet so affordable, Mariah is a gem. All my wedding vendors were great, but if I had to recommend just one, hands down it would definitely be Mariah Gentry!

Sent on 01/31/2018

Amanda · Married on 04/03/2016

We have been married a little more than 3 months now, and we have finally made it through both the edited galleries AND all the unedited sets Mariah sent us after our wedding...and we love ALL of them! Mariah took such a wide variety of shots and captured so many moments, big and small, throughout the entirety of our day. We truly feel like we can relive the entire wedding day through her pictures. What we loved most about working with Mariah is that she made us so comfortable and made our wedding day SO easy! We felt her amazing energy, confidence, and positivity all day long. She knew just how to direct the two of us (especially my nervous groom who doesn't like having his picture taken) and our friends and family. She noticed every little detail that could be tweaked for a shot, and she made us feel like the stars of the show without making us nervous. Our guests commented to us both during and after the wedding that Mariah had the natural ability to get all the "just right" shots of us in our happiest moments. Most importantly, I want to say that Mariah was so devoted to our special day. All day long we knew she was going above and beyond her role as a photographer to make everything easy for us, to guide us when we were clueless, and to capture pictures that we hadn't even asked her to take (but would certainly treasure later!). We have received countless compliments from our wedding guests about her work the day of the wedding, and we've heard so many positive comments about our pictures from everyone who has seen them. We are so happy to have met her and worked with her, and we recommend her to you too!

Sent on 07/16/2016

Jazmyn · Married on 03/18/2016

Mariah! Let me first start off by saying that my entire bridal party, our guests, along with my husband and myself were all just obsessed with Mariah. She gives off such a fun and energetic energy and seems genuinely happy to be there sharing in your special day. She made all of us feel so comfortable and I would book her again in a heartbeat. Not only is she just an amazing person, she also takes UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL photos. No lie, she sent us the digital files (after TWO WEEKS btw), I opened them and immediately started crying! They were simply breathtaking! I am still just in awe when I look at them. On top of all of this, she is responsive, professional, helpful, the list is endless.

My advice: book her. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 04/06/2016
  • Anya

Anya Jackson · Married on 01/11/2016

Consistently Incredible

I honestly can't say enough amazing things about Mariah. I was unable to book her for my own wedding, but I have had the pleasure of working with her for friends weddings, and almost all of my daughters milestones. She is so gentle, caring, and inventive and she goes with the flow with every event I have worked with her on. She handles wedding stress without batting an eyelash, and her patience and gentleness with my daughter is unmatched. Her shooting style is romantic and airy, while she is so helpful on posing, hair, and makeup pointers. I could ramble on and on, but just book her and see for yourself.

Sent on 07/06/2020

Elizabeth · Married on 12/05/2015

Mariah was amazing! She arrived early on the wedding day, taking lots of fun getting ready photos. Her communication through email was superb and her details were clear and concise. After the short ceremony we went outside (yes it was raining lightly) but she worked very fast and efficiently!! Her prices are great for those on a budget; which we were. And the turnaround time was fast! Her friendly attitude, professionalism and sense of humor made our photos and wedding shine! Thank you Mariah!!

Sent on 12/22/2015

Alyssa · Married on 11/07/2015

I don't even know where to begin! Mariah was wonderful! She was always so quick to respond to our questions and concerns. Mariah went above and beyond to make sure she got every shot we wanted and made everyone feel so comfortable! I couldn't be more pleased!! We got our pictures back so fast! We have beautiful wedding pictures we can now look back on and remember every wonderful moment. I would love to work with Mariah again!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Mina · Married on 10/07/2015

Mariah is very intelligent and creative and a talented photographer. We have been using Mariah for our family photos and newborn portraits for six years with high quality images that receive tons of compliments. We met her because we were so impressed by her work at two weddings we attended. Best of all, she has competitive prices and is both kind and very professional. Hire her and you will not regret it!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Anita · Married on 08/23/2015

Mariah is absolutely amazing! Everything about her--her talent, kindness, energy, quality, work ethic, turnaround time, and SO much more--made our wedding day so special! From the very beginning she was so friendly and responsive, and such a pleasure to work with! We VERY STRONGLY recommend her, and will definitely be working with her again! She is just the BEST! We had SO much fun working with her!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Kellee · Married on 07/18/2015

I cannot say enough how much I loved and enjoyed working with Mariah, she was the best.

She was great creating a flexible package with us and was very affordable. She was also very responsive, especially since we had a year and a half long engagement, I never once doubted that I couldn't contact her in between.

When we did the first round of engagement shots, she was nothing short of amazing. She knew how to help direct us, and capture the light and was very helpful. We got lots of different angles and different spots and tons of gorgeous pictures plus way more than I thought we were going to get. I think she told us there were just too many good shots, haha.

The day of the wedding. She was there, like everyone else said, at least a half hour early with her second photographer, and got a scope of the land. Both of them were really nice. People that you can just talk to. And it was nice that they knew what shots they needed to get and what they were doing. They were super flexible that day and just kind went with the flow of things.

I hope to use them again....I would recommend them to anyone. They were great.

Sent on 07/22/2015

Sophie · Married on 04/18/2015

Mariah was fantastic! She made us feel at ease during all of the wedding portraits and did a wonderful job of capturing both the ceremony and reception. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/19/2015