Mariah Gentry Photography Reviews

158 Reviews for Mariah Gentry Photography

• Jasmine

Jasmine Gault · Married on 07/21/2019

Breath of fresh air!

Mariah was awesome from our first email to our wedding day. She had great communication and responded to all of my questions. On the day of the wedding, we had a lot of chaos and she stayed positive and was super helpful the entire day. Her (and her husband) did everything they could to make me and my husband feel relaxed for pictures. Their eye for the perfect shot and their timing is amazing. We were completely in awe once we got our photos back by the promised 2 week turn around time. Would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Devon Lilley · Married on 07/19/2019

Beyond amazing!!

I am not quite sure how my husband and I will be able covey just how wonderful Mariah is but we are surely going to try!! Mariah made us both feel confident, comfortable and at ease. From my initial email to her, to the day of our wedding... she was organized, punctual, professional and caring. I had many wedding goers approach me to tell me just how wonderful she was. She exudes happiness and it is apparent to all that see her in action that she truly loves what she does. I would recommend Mariah to my friends and family without hesitation!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Shakari Lige · Married on 07/18/2019

Mariah is amazing!

My fiancé and I booked Mariah for our engagement photos and I am so glad we did! Mariah was easy to communicate with and always responded to emails promptly. To add, she was extremely flexible when we had to reschedule our photo session to attend my Grandmother’s funeral.

The day of our engagement photos:
    Right before our outdoor photo session, it started to pour rain, which caused us to have to reschedule the photos for another day. My fiancé and I were super sad about it. About an hour or so later, the weather cleared up and Mariah called us to see if we wanted to give it another try. We meet at an alternative location and Mariah was the best! After a crazy rainy day, Mariah made us feel relaxed and confident in our photos. She’s creative, uplifting, and positive. The photos came out phenomenal and we were so appreciative of Mariah’s flexibility and problem solving that day.

My fiancé and I are getting married in Michigan, however, if we weren’t, we would certainly book Mariah for wedding photos as well!

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • L. Kunze

L. Kunze · Married on 07/12/2019

Photos to Capture Life-long Memories!

Mariah captured the most amazing photographs of our daughter's wedding. She even gathered more genuine smiles and emotions that I could ever have imagined! It's like she was in several places at one time - as she caught the most awesome moments all at once! Mariah is the best - and she also provides a very calming influence during what can be a very stressful time. She's amazing!

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Joanne

Joanne De Howitt · Married on 07/12/2019

Amazing photographer and there to help - no matter what!!!

Mariah is THE BEST. She knocked my sister's wedding out of the park 7 years ago and she just did mine earlier this month - and I already have the pictures!! She only took two weeks to edit over one thousand photographs for Juan and I. She captured so many beautiful, funny, and unique moments. Seriously, I can't keep looking at these amazing pictures!!

For a quick story: things went smoothly for the most part throughout the wedding. During my favorite dance (The Cotton-Eyed Joe, of course) my dress broke and began to unzip - but no fear! Mariah was right there, took me aside and fixed up my dress. I cannot begin to thank this amazing photographer enough.

My family, my in-laws, and my friends have been speaking her praises for the past couple of weeks since the wedding. Seriously - THE BEST!!!

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Nathan

Nathan Lauffenburger · Married on 06/15/2019

Excellent & highly recommended

Mariah was very responsive and helpful in planning well before our wedding. She always responded very quickly and was incredibly friendly and professional. A little before the wedding, she mentioned that we should consider a different venue for our 'first look' photos because she had been to that spot on the previous Saturday (our day of the week to be married). She gave great info that it would be difficult for parking and especially hard taking photos without others around/in the pictures. She gave a different recommendation and were very happy with the result. There were no issues and turned out wonderful. During the ceremony and throughout the reception, she was great, kind, thorough and produced great photos. They were ready quickly and with wonderful quality. We definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Emma

Emma Howland · Married on 06/14/2019

Mariah is the best. Here's why

Planning a wedding out of state can be tough but right off the bat we felt at ease after meeting Mariah over Skype. We chose Mariah because talking with her was so fun and effortless, we just kept smiling after speaking to her. On the day of the wedding Mariah was so attentive to detail and lighting and it really shows in all of the gorgeous photos she took that day. For example, reminding to get phones out of pockets so there’s no weird bumps in clothing, if someone needed a quick hair touch up, or to "refresh" a smile. Not only did the photos turn out absolutely beautiful, but I felt that her boundless energy and warm spirit sustained us throughout one of the most emotional and tiring (and of course, wonderful) days of our lives. She went above and beyond our expectations when she delivered our photos (with over 500 more edits than originally promised in the package) just a week and 6 days after our wedding! Our close friends who got married earlier this year were astounded we got our photos back so soon, so Mariah isn’t joking when she says she has the fastest turn around time. It also makes a huge difference to actually co-own the photos and be able to easily share the links and zip files with families as opposed to getting stuck buying print packages.

Mariah’s superb professionalism and sweet personality easily makes her the best photographer in the Seattle area (but possibly the whole world too). :) - Emma & Ross

Sent on 07/18/2019

Suzie · Married on 06/08/2019

One word: Amazing!

Our pictures from Mariah turned out amazing! We got the package with the extra photographer and we’re so glad we did because it allowed for different options of photos that we wouldn’t have been able to get with just one. Working with Mariah prior to and the day of the wedding was great as well. She is professional, friendly, flexible and totally understanding. I could very easily tell her when I needed a break from photos or a break from other things. I also truly can’t believe the turn around time of 2 weeks! She works tirelessly to capture the most important day of your life and then to send you everything in such a short time frame. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/22/2019

Allie King · Married on 06/02/2019

Can I give more than five stars?!

From day one when we walked into meeting this bubbly, sweet person, Mariah has been nothing short of amazing! She takes the time to get to know you and when photographing you she works with you to make you laugh and smile and make the pictures all about you. During our wedding, our family and friends made multiple comments to us about how she was everywhere all night and the pictures show it! Speaking of pictures, both our engagement and wedding pictures arrived a mere TWO WEEKS after each event! Not only did she get us our pictures in such a speedy manner but she over-delivered on how many she estimated she would edit for us! Mariah is an amazingly kind person who made our wedding a better celebration!

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Sophie

Sophie M · Married on 05/18/2019

Mariah is awesome!

Mariah has it all: a great personality, positive energy, punctuality, professionalism, and genuine passion for her work. Mariah did both our engagement and wedding photos and they all turned out beautifully! We got so many great comments from our family and friends (especially my mother in law who just LOVED her) about how skilled she was at coaching people to stand up straight, making them feel comfortable, and getting them to smile. After I hired Mariah as our photographer, I found out she went to college with my cousin. The first thing my cousin said about Mariah was that she has been doing wedding photography for a long time, has tons of experience, and is very good at what she does. Mariah helped us with our timeline ahead of the wedding and was always very quick with her responses to my emails. On our wedding day, she buttoned up my dress when my pearl buttons came undone, smiled from behind the camera when shooting photos, and supported us throughout the entire day. She is a true gem and will make your photo experience a memorable one!

Sent on 07/12/2019

CiCi · Married on 05/04/2019

Book this woman!!!!

Mariah has been such an angel to work with. We used her for our engamemnt photos and for our wedding. She did such a magnificent job with the photos for both the engagement and the wedding. She knows how to position people to make them look good. She goes above and beyond the call of duty. At my ceremony she rallied some of the early the guests to rearrage the ceremony site (aisle and archway) because there was a truck parked right next to the site and would look terrible in the pictures. Thanks to her initiative, none of our ceremony photos were tarnished by an ugly truck off to the side. I didn't think much about it when she asked me at the time, but when I walked down the aisle and saw the the change, I was in complete awe! It was way better than we had arranged it in the beginning and no truck was viable in our gorgeous photos. She was so communicative and easy to get in touch with. All I can say is BOOK HER! You won't regret it!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Chelsea Presto · Married on 04/27/2019

Hands down recommend!

I have nothing but great things to say about Mariah! Mariah photographed our wedding 2 weeks ago. We just got back from our honeymoon to a full set of edited photos (as promised), plus extras and a slideshow!!

While the quality of the photos is outstanding, what truly sets Mariah apart is her personality. She is perhaps the warmest, friendliest person I've ever met...and was fantastic and easy to work with. She coordinated well with our other vendors, including helping sew up the timeline with our day-of coordinator to accommodate several tweaks here and there. On the day of, she even helped ease me through some of the more emotional moments with her gentle and reassuring words!

Mariah really went above and beyond to make us feel like we were her only clients, and that personal touch is what made our wedding day experience as special as it was. (Not to mention, her pricing is extremely reasonable too!!) We are so happy that we chose Mariah to capture our wedding day, and I would recommend her hands-down to anyone!!

Sent on 05/12/2019

Ashton Carlson · Married on 04/13/2019

Simply the Best!

Wow, where do I even start! Mariah was so wonderful to work with on our wedding day. It was raining lightly off and on throughout the day. Mariah was tracking the weather and suggested we start photos a little sooner to miss most of the rain while taking photos outside. We also had a little extra time for photos before the ceremony and she came prepared with a clear umbrella and suggested taking photos in a garden area at the wedding venue. Those photos turned out to be my favorite! Throughout the day she would remind us if we needed to readjust or take deep breath if our smiles were looking a little stiff, suggest moving a piece of hair, or adjust clothing to make sure the pictures turned out perfect. Mariah has such great energy and care when it comes to every detail. We couldn't have asked for a better person to work with!

Sent on 04/27/2019

Samantha Cagle · Married on 04/06/2019

More than a photographer!

I don’t even know where to begin! Mariah is so incredibly talented! She is so much more than a photographer though! Mariah quickly felt like a friend and someone who was just as invested in our happiness on our big day and it showed in more ways than one. Weddings can be chaotic, and I can remember a couple times during ours where Mariah would stop and ask how I was doing, and reminded me to take it all in. It really meant a lot! She actually cares about her clients. If you care about hiring someone who really does put their heart into what they do, Mariah is your girl! I cried when I received my wedding photos because they were absolutely beautiful and she captured the day perfectly!

Sent on 04/21/2019
  • Rumyana

Rumyana Garbova · Married on 03/10/2019

Mariah is AMAZING and easy to work with!!!

Mariah is AMAZING, warm and friendly person! I am not sure if I have enough words to describe how happy my husband and I are to have met such a professional artist.
    We met her on friend’s wedding and we loved everything about the way she captured the moments. Every tiny detail was on point. Then we had the pleasure to have her as photographer for our newborn baby. Absolutely great at communication and suggestions about ideas for the day. She was one of the first people we let around the baby during his first weeks. We were all feeling so comfortable around her and definitely in good hands. She is an amazing baby photographer and genuinely cares for the babies. Our little one was so calm and relaxed in her company. We were impressed by her sweet lullabies to baby and gentle instructions. She is very patient and goes the extra mile to make sure you have all those memorable moments captured. We will forever cherish the sweet photos.
    We received the photos in exactly the time she promised and we cannot thank her enough for the incredible photos quality and great positioning she did for each one of us- every curl, smile, touch and angle.
    Thank you, Mariah for being so AWESOME! I can tell how passionate you are with your job and making people happy. Working with you is a pleasure and we cannot wait to meet you for our next milestone.
    Highly recommend! I wish we could give you 10 stars!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Lukas Leung · Married on 02/16/2019

How is 6/5 not an option?!

Go with Mariah! She is the absolute best! You will have no regrets at all!

No words can express how thankful and lucky we are to have had Mariah and her assistant as our wedding photographers. They went above and beyond to make our wedding day absolutely perfect! From the get-go, they made us feel absolutely comfortable and like complete superstars. Their passion and talent is uncanny and can be seen within each and every picture they took. All of our photos turned out way better than we could ever have imagined and have enabled us to truly re-live every moment of our special day over and over again!

There is nothing we would change about how our experience went!

Sent on 03/09/2019

Jamie Chupa · Married on 01/19/2019

Such a wonderful experience

Wow! Mariah and her team are so fantastic. Very professional, quick to respond and not overly pricey. Very warm and friendly. Our wedding pictures turned out lovely. My husband and I are will definitely use Mariah again for any photography needs. Highly recommended!

Sent on 02/05/2019

Matt Johnson · Married on 01/10/2019

Amazing Experience!

We booked Mariah and chose her elopement package for 1/10/2019. Mariah turned what would otherwise be a boring photo session into a wonderful experience. Her lively personality and meticulous attention to detail were amazing. She knew how to get us to smile and what looked best for us. She was very open to any ideas we had along the way. I don't know how she did it, but she made our wedding in the dead of winter look so beautiful. Working with her really made our day memorable.

Sent on 02/22/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing and memborable experience with Mariah!

Mariah was an absolute joy to work! She is extremely talented and a true professional delivering stunning photos for her clients. We worked with Mariah for our engagement and wedding day photos and would absolutely recommend her to family and friends!

Sent on 01/04/2019
  • Sandra

Sandra Taylor · Married on 11/01/2018

Mariah Gentry Photography SHINES!

Despite how windy a day it was in Seattle, Mariah Gentry arrived at my daughter's wedding shoot with a sparkle about her that kept us all smiling. Mariah's love for photography showed in every aspect of the shoot, from our first phone contact, through the wedding day, to receiving the final collection of amazing images.

Confident and professional, at the courthouse, she knew all of the ins and outs of the sign in procedure, and the best locations to capture a few extra shots while waiting our turn to be in front of the judge.

We were all unquestionably at ease with Mariah as she stopped to adjust small details, the way fabric flows or hair blows in the wind or sometimes she used a windy moment to take advantage of for a more interesting shot. She gave very good direction, in order to highlight the love between the "soon to be married" couple. The whole afternoon went seamlessly, much to her credit.

Thanks for the memories, Mariah Gentry!

I highly recommend Mariah Gentry Photography.

Sent on 11/17/2018
  • F

Fran Thomas · Married on 10/23/2018

Absolutely the best!

Mariah Gentry Photography is regaled as a top notch wedding photographer. That said, she graciously agreed to photograph my almost adult son for an important upcoming photo deadline. Mariah made my son feel so comfortable. Her suggestions were spot on for stellar photos in two different venues. The quality of her work is outstanding, and her technical expertise is precise! Mariah accepted all of our requests with absolute positivity and cheerfulness. It is so clear she loves what she does! She is a gem to be sure. We'll be hiring Mariah again for another photo shoot in spring. In addition, as she advertises, there are no hidden fees! No additional costs, and the turn around time for photos is two weeks or sooner! In our case it was sooner,., BRAVO MARIAH! THANK YOU MARIAH!!!

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • Summer

Summer LaViolette · Married on 10/19/2018

Best Photographer Ever!!!

Mariah, words cannot even begin to show how much we appreciate how perfect and amazing you were on our special day! Before you arrived, we were stressed beyond words and it was you who took us off to the side and calmed us down and made us begin to take in and enjoy our day. Your amazing energy and personality was so contagious that it put everyone in such a wonderful place. Your attention to detail and capturing our most special moments went far beyond our expectations. It was beyond evident that you genuinely cared about capturing our special day and not just doing a job. You literally captured everything that we dreamed that would be captured and the photos are beyond beautiful! You generously giving us all these photos and a beautiful video beyond what was promised is a testament of how amazing of a person you are.
    Thank you so much!!
    Love,
    Summer & Michael

Sent on 11/13/2018

Michael Bomia · Married on 10/19/2018

Beyond expectations!!

When Mariah worked as our photographer for our wedding, we were completely blown away by her enthusiasm, professionalism, quality of work, and spirit!! Her energy was unbelievable as she would hurry to make sure she captured the night's most special moments! She would give us words of encouragement when she could tell we were stressed and made sure nobody had clothing flaws before she took the photos. The quality of her photos are beyond beautiful. Everything exceeded my expectations by far!! Thank you, Mariah!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Morena Calvo · Married on 10/06/2018

The Kindest and Most Talented!

Mariah not only loves her job but is a phenomenal photographer and businesswoman. She was helpful at every step of the process, and I’m not sure our wedding would have been nearly as successful if it weren’t for her presence. I loved getting to know her and her approach to photography at our engagement session, but she truly shined on the wedding day and the days leading up to it. She constantly put me at ease in terms of timing, weather, and logistics. Everyone in my wedding party commented on how friendly and professional she was, and that winning combination resulted in absolutely beautiful shots. Beyond her one-of-a-kind, genuine spirit, she’s also extremely efficient and organized. She delivered our photos within the promised two weeks — lighting fast!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Solmary · Married on 09/30/2018

Simply amazing!

No words can express how thankful we are to have found Mariah for our wedding photography. We could not have picked a better photographer. Mariah went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. We felt so comfortable around her and her assistant.

Our pictures turned out absolutely PERFECT! Not only did she deliver the pictures we had agreed upon, but double the amount of edited pictures. We were debating whether or not to hire a videographer, but one wasn't needed as Mariah was able to capture every single moment of our wedding. We can re-live our wedding just by scrolling through our pictures.

Her professionalism, attention to detail, and the passion for what she does definitely came through every single detail starting from the very first email we exchanged, our wedding day, and the last email we received with our finalized pictures. She is absolutely AMAZING!

Sent on 11/01/2018