Maria Sommers, Makeup Artist Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Michelle
    Michelle M. Married on 09/02/2020

I felt beautiful & flawless!

I booked Maria based off internet search as I was planning a destination wedding. I did not meet Maria until my Wedding day and she is wonderful. Maria jumped right in and interacted with myself and my girls while we all got ready and everyone looked beautiful. Most brides probably wouldn't skip their makeup trial but I did, and gave Maria the freedom to do what she wanted as I am someone that wears a full face of makeup on a regular basis. The end result was PERFECT!
  • Tree
    Tree H. Married on 03/08/2020

Professional tasteful creative

Maria takes make-up to the next level, always executing a professional, tasteful job. She is great at reading people and revealing the best version of YOU without hiding your natural beauty behind layers of make-up. She is conscientious and genuinely loves to do her work!
  • Chandler
    Chandler M. Married on 11/02/2019

My go to makeup artist!

Maria did my make up for my engagement photos, bridal portraits and wedding day! Even in the past for friends weddings...she does such an amazing job and clearly there is a reason I have kept going back to her for more! Highly recommend!
    Maggie Married on 11/03/2017
    Maria was the makeup artist for my wedding in November. She did my bridal makeup, all of my bridesmaids, and mother, mother-in-law, officiant, and aunt.
    Maria was amazing. She was professional, friendly, accomodating. But most importantly, she is extremely talented. Everyone looked beautiful and loved the way they looked! I would recommend Maria in a heartbeat!
    Cj Married on 10/20/2017
    Maria was fantastic! My wedding was a destination one and she was so flexible, helped me to find a hair stylist as well. All my bridesmaids and I looked so beautiful! Truly made my day more special!
    Molly Married on 10/07/2017
    Maria did such a beautiful job on wedding day makeup for my bridal party and I. Everyone absolutely loved their makeup and it remained immaculate throughout the whole evening. Not only is she an exceptional makeup artist, Maria is very professional, accommodating, and an overall pleasure to work with. I highly recommend her for anyone looking for a makeup artist for their special event!
    Sandi Married on 10/07/2017
    When it came to down to choosing my makeup artist for my wedding it was very important to me to find someone that could do beautiful work and still help me look natural and not overdone. Maria was perfect because she was able to make my makeup look amazing and gorgeous without looking “fake”. She did my makeup for my engagement photo session and for my wedding and it came out perfect both times! I highly recommend her, she knows her stuff!
  • W
    Weatherly Married on 06/24/2017
    Maria did a wonderful job! She was very accommodating and professional. My make up was beautiful! Highly recommended....
    Jessica Married on 05/27/2017
    Maria is absolutely the best! Her work is absolutely stunning and she makes you look and feel beautiful for every event. My wedding makeup was to die for and I couldn't imagine using anyone else!
    Connie Married on 04/29/2017
    I was desperately trying to find someone to do make up for my nieces wedding in Vero Beach on extremely short notice. Maria was already booked but was so gracious and helped me coordinate these services with a colleague of hers. She also gave me the name of a hair stylist, Top Knot by Jamie Lynn, who was able to complete the glam squad for my nieces wedding day. My niece means the world to me and I really apprieate what Maria did I to help us. Thanks Maria.
  • User3007382 2+ years ago
    Maria was awesome. We all looked stunning and she made sure that we were all comfortable with the make up and colors before she moved on to the next girl.
    Kathy Married on 03/11/2017
    Maria did the make-up for my daughter, her bridal party and myself. We had some members who regularly wore make up and others who rarely wore make up. She was very professional and made sure everyone was happy with their make-up before starting with the next person. Maria was very easy and fun to work with and helped to keep the bridal nerves at bay. I would highly recommend Maria.
    Pamela Married on 05/16/2015
    Maria made the biggest impact in the wedding I was recently a bridesmaid in. She outshone all the other vendors, with everyone constantly raving and remarking about how good the make up was. She did a phenomenal job for a bridal party of 8 girls, plus mothers! Every girl looked the best they've ever looked. And the bride was absolutely glowing on her wedding day! Maria is totally cool and down to earth. She has an astute ability to read each girl and know what they want. The make up was tastefully done and left everyone glowing! From girls who wear make-up every day, to girls who have never worn it, she made everyone happy! Her artistry was flawless! I will not let any of my friends get married without using her!
    Kim Married on 05/16/2015
    Maria was not only enthusiastic and super fun to work with, she listened well and offered great advice for my bridal makeup. I loved working with Maria because she kept in mind what I wanted to look like on the day of my wedding which was natural, classic and pretty - but aside from these key things, her work was also long lasting - as was necessary on my hot May wedding day! Maria arrived on time and ready to go for the trial and wedding day. She was super well-organized and was always quick to respond when I had a question. She is a professional who was a pleasure to work with and all of my bridesmaids loved her as well. I would definitely recommend hiring Maria for any makeup services you may need - wedding day or not!
  • User2151021 2+ years ago
    Maria did a fabulous job with both my engagement and wedding makeup. It lasted all through the day and into the evening, and made me feel flawless! I would highly recommend her work and makeup!
    Tara Married on 03/21/2015
    Maria was an absolute pleasure to work with! She really takes the time to understand exactly what you want and I couldn't be happier with the results! I will definitely be using her again for any of my makeup needs.
  • User2154923 2+ years ago
    Maria Sommers has been my makeup artist on numerous occasions and I have never been disappointed. She makes me look and feel amazing. I suffer from hyper pigmentation and after Maria is done with me there is no sign of it. She understands what makes a woman feel beautiful in a natural and subtle way. From the moment you meet her you feel like you have been friends for years. So happy to have found her and wouldn't trust anyone else on my big day or any big day!
    Lauren Married on 01/24/2015
    Maria has done my make up for several occasions and she never disappoints! She leaves her clients truly glowing and feeling gorgeous. Her creativity and inspiration shines through in her work and you can tell she is passionate about what she does - always taking the time to get to know her clients and understand what they want. She is super professional, but keeps things energetic and fun. Whether you need make up done for a wedding, special event, photo shoot or just because - the results are flawless! I highly recommend her for any of your make up needs.
    Kaitlin Married on 01/17/2015
    Maria is wonderful! Months before my wedding she took time to meet with me to go over makeup looks I liked and didn't like. She took the time to really understand what my makeup vision was for the day. Maria went over every aspect from foundation to eyeshadow to lips during my trial and I was pleased with everything. Thanks to Maria's talents I felt so beautiful on my wedding day and it stayed put all through the night.
    Barbara Married on 10/06/2012
    Maria Sommers is a beautiful person inside and out. She not only keeps up to date with the latest trends in the makeup/fashion world, but can also keep your look natural with full coverage. The products that she uses are top of the line and have a fit for every skin type. Maria was my first choice for doing my makeup for my wedding day. She has done my makeup for numerous occasions before as a bridesmaid and she never ceased to amaze me with her natural talent and knowledge of makeup application. She was such a joy to work with. She went out of her way to make sure I was relaxed and comfortable during my big day. She was able to manage her time with doing my makeup, bridesmaids, and mothers without ever feeling rushed or stressed. I recommend her to all my friends for their weddings or any special day that you want to look and feel great.