MARIA SHAFER, CELEBRATION EXPERT Reviews

MARIA SHAFER, CELEBRATION EXPERT 4
MARIA SHAFER, CELEBRATION EXPERT 5
MARIA SHAFER, CELEBRATION EXPERT 6

Tara · Married on 07/21/2018

Where do I even start????? We couldn't have done it without Maria! Our wedding coordinator wasn't the greatest, to say the LEAST..... Once Maria took control, the night became the best night of our lives. She stayed on schedule, she kept us on schedule lol, she was funny, charming, upbeat, so professional and just absolutely GREAT at what she does. My husband and I were worried that the song selection may not fit what we were looking for and we were totally WRONG! She told us not to worry, she had us. And she really did, she knew exactly what songs to play and what not to play, I was raised on country music but love old school R & B, a little soft rock, bachata and reggaeton. She played it all and played them all at the right times. She had everyone dancing, laughing, singing and even playing their AIR guitar. :-) When I had no ideas on song selections for important times of the night, like a song for my bridesmaids to walk out to, or our wedding party entrance song, she helped and I picked ones from her list. Everyone, even down to my husband have been talking about the DJ, for weeks now. Maria, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, I truly couldn't have had my wedding with any other DJ! You rock and we recommend you to ANYONE & EVERYONE!! It was an absolute blessing to have you be a part of our special day, I love you for it! <3 <3 <3

Sent on 08/12/2018
    MARIA SHAFER, CELEBRATION EXPERT 7
    MARIA SHAFER, CELEBRATION EXPERT 8
    MARIA SHAFER, CELEBRATION EXPERT 9
    MARIA SHAFER, CELEBRATION EXPERT 10
    MARIA SHAFER, CELEBRATION EXPERT 11
    MARIA SHAFER, CELEBRATION EXPERT 12

MARIA SHAFER, CELEBRATION EXPERT's reply:

It was an honor working with you, Tara...and so much fun!! I can't wait to see the rest of the pics!!!

Pam · Married on 03/11/2018

Maria Shafer personalized my daughter's wedding by taking time to get to know the needs of our family and our event. She was incredibly responsive by email, phone, and text, and was extremely flexible and accommodating with our many requests. Most importantly, "the celebration expert" had guests of all ages dancing, celebrating, and connecting with a very happy bride and groom. Loved the special touch of toasts being delivered right by the side of the newly married couple, making a warm and intimate moment even more so. Recommend her 100%.

Sent on 03/19/2018

Susan · Married on 05/28/2017

Maria was wonderful! We loved working with her and she did a fantastic job keeping the reception moving and the dance floor packed. Thanks Maria!!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Magen · Married on 01/14/2017

Maria was so wonderful to work with! She was recommended to us by our venue and other DJ's in the area, and I can see why. She is more than 'just a DJ'. She worked closely with our coordinator to keep the events of the evening on time. She kept the dance floor full by providing music suitable for all ages. I had a few special requests and she gave me a heads up prior to playing the songs so I was not caught off guard. Our venue was outdoors and very spacious, so she had two systems, one for the ceremony and one for the reception so there was no break in the music between the two. Please don't underestimate the importance of a professional DJ/MC. They can really make or break your wedding. Thank you for everything Maria!!

Sent on 02/02/2017

Kristina · Married on 12/03/2016

Maria was great to work with and she did a fabulous at our wedding! She was on top of the details and made day-of arrangements very easy.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Corinne · Married on 05/07/2016

Maria was a fantastic DJ choice for our wedding, and it was such a pleasure working with her! She was very personable and accommodating of our super nerdy musical selections (which she totally also loved). From Lord of the Rings to Game of Thrones to Doctor Who to Star Wars, Maria let us customize our ceremony and reception music to fit our personalities, and we had such a blast! She is one of the exclusive DJs that works with our wedding venue, Casa Feliz, and she is worth every penny. Her pricing is very reasonable, and she helped make our wedding day so special. We are so happy to have included her as an integral part of our wedding - thank you, Maria!

Sent on 05/25/2016

MARIA SHAFER, CELEBRATION EXPERT's reply:

This couple is definitely one I'll always remember...if only for that ceremony music! So awesome! Thanks again for allowing me to be a part of your day!

Maria was a wonderful deejay to work with for our wedding day. She took the time to meet and get to know us and our music tastes, and let me micromanage enough of the first dance/cake/etc. songs, but still put together an excellent mix that had people on the dance floor, no joke, from the very first song of the night!

We had a couple of special requests for what to play or not play, and for equipment needed during the ceremony (where we would be having live music, but still needed small details like a mic for the officiant) and those were honored without a hitch and the added cost was reasonable.

What I remember the most, though, is how she went out of her way to not just make sure the music was playing, but to do her part make sure the reception kept going smoothly. At one point, right as dinner was being served, we started getting a crowd of people wanting to take pictures and give us hugs and wish us well. After about 10 minutes with no end in sight, Maria came over and asked the guests to give us some time to eat. She played the “bad guy” so we could get a bite of dinner before going back to our friends, which she didn’t have to do, but it made a difference.

Our guests have commented that this was one of the best weddings they have been too, and I think it’s in part because everyone, from our younger friends to our parents and their friends, was feeling the music enough to be up and dancing and having fun.

Sent on 01/09/2016

Maria was great! We were probably not the easiest couple to work with. We were late getting information to her, and we were, in retrospect, pretty vague in our music choices, which turned out to run through a lot of different styles and genres. But she took our late, scattershot, weird choices and put it together so well. The music--which again, we did a terrible job of requesting--was somehow just what we wanted. She was a pleasure to work with, worked with our budget, and was a great emcee/DJ at our wedding. We could not have asked for anything more.

Sent on 08/01/2014

Kelly · Married on 12/28/2013

Maria was AMAZING! She kept the party going all night and made everything run so smoothly. I didn't have to worry about a single thing. She gave me plenty of time to prepare for all the little aspects of the reception like first dance, bouquet toss, cake cutting, etc. I had compliments all night on how professional she was and how great the music was. I would recommend Maria to anyone for any event!

Sent on 12/29/2013

Megan · Married on 11/23/2013

Maria was a phenomenal addition to our wedding celebration. She played an awesome mix of songs during dinner that were upbeat and the transition into dancing was flawless. She listened to everything that we had wanted and did a great job getting everyone onto the dance floor initially by playing hits everyone could enjoy.

I would highly, highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Lori · Married on 11/16/2013

Maria was a professional all the way through. She helped running the ceremony and she was cooperative and very friendly. She made the reception a blast and played music everyone could dance too. I would recommend her for any event!!! She was perfect!

Sent on 11/20/2013

Mary · Married on 10/13/2013

The music was perfect and everyone had a great time.

Sent on 11/12/2013

Esperanza · Married on 10/12/2013

Maria is an awesome DJ! We had no concerns on her ability to keep our party moving. The flow of events through out the entire day was flawless and we didn't have any worries. She was able to handle the set up easily and all of our guest enjoyed all of the music she played. We let her have some freedom with the music selections, only a few songs we requested and a few songs that we put on the do not play list. We heard everything we wanted and our guests danced the entire night away! (as did my groom and I) Such a wonderful party, the great music selection made the party never want to end!! I highly recommend Maria Shafer for your wedding, she truly is a Celebration Expert!

Sent on 10/23/2013

nicole · Married on 06/08/2013

Maria was an amazing DJ and I am so glad my wedding planner, Lisa Stoner, suggested her. She was friendly, professional, and intuitive. Many guests commented on the great music selections and wished we could have danced for longer! I would definitely recommend hiring Maria!

Sent on 06/20/2013

Robin and Jim · Married on 05/04/2013

Maria was awesome! I didn't have a wedding planner and with Maria there I didn't need one! She had the ceremony under control! Maria did the music for the ceremony and timed us all when to walk with the music. I would not have had a clue without her help! She was there to watch the time and letting us know "it's time!". We spoke about a week before the wedding to discuss the music plan and everything went as planned. I had several requests for the reception and she followed through and would hunt me down to let me know she was ready to play a particular request. I loved that. As the bride and groom you get so caught up with your guests, etc. that I imagine that it would be easy to miss that special music request. Maria helped tremendously to make a ceremony and reception special and FUN!!! Everyone had a great time and a big part of that is the music. Thank you Maria!!!!!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Kaysen · Married on 04/06/2013

Maria was amazing!
    Everyone had a blast at our reception.

Maria was very easy to contact and responded to emails very quick.

She was very receptive to our theme and had really awesome suggestions for our unique reception.

We will be using her again shortly for my parents 40th wedding anniversary.

Sent on 04/22/2013

Emilee · Married on 11/17/2012

I can't say enough good things about Maria.... I was hesitant to use a DJ at all because, well, most DJ's tend to be a little creepy - admit it! They end up being super cheesy and annoying and that was the last thing I wanted!! When I met with Maria at our local Panera Bread (Yes, she's super awesome and super down to earth), I knew I made the right decision... ALSO, since I did not hire a wedding planner, Maria basically stood in as our wedding planned and directed the entire wedding from ceremony to the end of the reception - I would have been completely lost without her!! So it goes without saying, use Maria as your DJ for your wedding - I promise you'll be just as happy as I was with the result :)

Sent on 01/17/2013

Nicole · Married on 07/20/2012

Maria was AWESOME!
    We didn't actually meet until the day of our wedding, but I wasn't worried at all. After our phone conversations I knew she was the right person for our event. She really helped the flow of our wedding, and helped create our timeline. She had every song that was requested by ourselves and our guests and played the kind of tunes that get people on the dance floor. She provided music for both our ceremony and reception - the ceremony music we chose was really specific but she got it all with no problems.
    To top it all off she was sweet and professional - who could have asked for more?
    -Nicole and Mike

Sent on 07/30/2012

Kristen · Married on 04/21/2012

The moment my husband and I met Maria we were at ease, knowing we had finally found a non-cheesy, AWESOME DJ. Maria is not only a joy to be around but she is an excellent DJ. We had a great time at the wedding and our family and friends are still talking about it, bugging us if we will have another one! Maria kept us on the dance floor (almost to the point of exhaustion!) with all the great songs she played. Maria understood us and our taste, what our expectations were, and she really went above and beyond. Plus, she played the final countdown for the garter toss. I mean, is that not the best song for the garter toss in the history of weddings? Seriously. Best DJ ever.

Sent on 05/16/2012

Jane · Married on 04/20/2012

My husband and I thought Maria did a fabulous job at our wedding! We also got rave reviews from our family and friends on our DJ at the reception. Maria was very easy to work with, organized, and professional. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 04/28/2012

Hope · Married on 03/25/2012

Maria is awesome! I felt like my ceremony/reception music was something that I didn't have to stress about at all, because Maria is so knowledgeable and she was so helpful during the planning process. She did an amazing job of making the night run smoothly and all of my guests had a great time. I wouldn't recommend anyone else, Maria is the way to go!!

Sent on 05/16/2012

Kelly · Married on 01/20/2012

Maria is amazing. She has an amazing amount of energy, is easy to get in touch with and I wouldn't have had anyone else be our DJ. I had some apprehension about finding a wedding dj. I've been to weddings before where the DJ makes the show about them, and advertises for themselves during the reception. (I was just at a wedding where the DJ announced his website address BEFORE the first dance!!) Maria is a consummate professional while being bright and approachable. She doesn't need to advertise or try to make the show about her because many of my guests came up to me and complimented her performance, that's advertising! I wish her nothing but luck in the future, and I have already recommended her to a friend who just got engaged. Don't hesitate, call her!

Sent on 02/15/2012

Danielle · Married on 09/18/2010

Awesome DJ! Everyone enjoyed the music she played and it kept everyone on the dance floor! What a wonderful and professional woman, I wouldn't work with anyone else.

Sent on 10/10/2010