Maria Sgroi Reviews

6 | Holbrook, NY

6 Reviews for Maria Sgroi

Eliana · Married on 09/01/2013

omg!!! i love this woman!! not only is she an amazing seamstress ..but a loving and caring person as well!! she turned my wedding dress from what i thought was beautiful... to STUNNING..with her magical hands!!!! i totally recommend her to anyone in need of any kind of alterations and custom made work!!

Sent on 01/21/2012

Amanda · Married on 07/05/2013

Maria was absolutely the best. She is an total pleasure to work with and I can't possibly say enough. My dress was gorgeous and fit completely perfectly. I had a lot of work done including -- fitting a wedding dress, adding fabric to the bottom to make is slightly longer, reshaping a veil, designing 8 boutineers, altering my mom's dress, making a shrug for my moms dress and hemming a silk gown....her creativity, honesty and overall personality are the best and she is very responsive and at the same time, very honest. I would recommend her to anyone. Even the men at my wedding talked about how perfect my dress was and couldn't believe the fit. Thank you thank you!

Sent on 07/12/2013

MELISSA · Married on 03/23/2013

MARIA IS THE BEST!!!!!! MY WEDDING DRESS NEEDED SOMETHING EXTRA AND I WASNT SURE WHAT TO DO. MARIA SUGGESTED ADDING CRYSTALS SCATTERED ON THE DRESS. I WASNT SURE BUT SHE ASSURED ME IT WOULD LOOK AMAZING!!! WELL IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW HAPPY I WAS AND BEAUTIFUL I FELT IT THAT DRESS, I DIDNT WANT TO TAKE IT OFF!!!!! MY MOM FOUND A BEAUTIFUL DRESS THAT NEEDED TO BE TAKEN IN FROM A SIZE 12 TO 6!!! SHE MADE THAT DRESS FIT HER BODY PERFECTLY!! MY MOM WAS ALSO VERY EXCITED AND FELT BEAUTIFUL THAT DAY AS AS WELL!!!! SHE PERFORMS MIRACLES!!! SHE IS THE BEST YOU WILL EVER FIND!!!!!!

Sent on 05/31/2013

robyn · Married on 09/12/2008

Maria has done many alterations for me, including several bridesmaids dresses. She can work miracles with ill-fitting dresses and can work with you on a tight timeline. She is a great person and does superb work.

Sent on 02/11/2013

Roseann · Married on 05/24/2003

I have known Maria for many years and she had done amazing work on my wedding gown and for my bridal party. Also, when it came time for my children's Christening gowns she had given me the wonderful idea to use my wedding dress to make there outfits. They couldn't have turned out better.
    I still use Maria, to this day, for my simple alterations for everyday pieces. She is easy to work with, as well as comes up with amazing ideas and creations. She genuinely cares about making sure you are a 100% satisfied.

Sent on 09/24/2011

Melissa · Married on 04/30/2016

I first met Maria when she was working at a bridal salon. My sister's Sweet 16 gown was purchased last minute and needed to be altered from approximately a size 20 to a size 2. It was perfect. She then did my wedding gown and my sister's wedding gown, and again her work was impeccable on both. My sister used a bridal salon that we had heard bad reviews of only because Maria was their seamstress. For my sister's wedding, Maria altered my bridesmaid's gown. From the time the dress was ordered to the wedding, I had lost quite a bit of weight, and not surprisingly Maria's work was spot on. By this point, the only thing that surprised me was the cost. She charged less than half of what a bridal salon would have charged for the amount of work that had been done on my gown.

I have since recommended Maria to multiple friends. I could not recommend her enough.

Sent on 12/30/2016