Truly Happy Beauty Reviews

Truly Happy Beauty 5
Truly Happy Beauty 6
Truly Happy Beauty 7

Rebecca · Married on 06/26/2016

Amazing amazing amazing. Everything about Margie and her team is just amazing. Sweet, easy going, responsive, accommodating with lots of knowledge and expertise in the field, just pure talent. Wouldn't have had it any other way for my sisters wedding. Margie will work with the bride to give her the exact look that is right for her and exactly what she wants. Definitely recommend the trial as it gives the bride a chance to get to know Margie and pick out looks before the big day. Highly reccommend Truly Happy Beauty for wedding glam!!!!!

Sent on 07/30/2016

Brooke · Married on 06/24/2016

I found out about Margie through my wedding photographer, who highly recommended her. My photographer told me that Margie was not only experienced at sticking to a tight schedule the day of the wedding, but that she creates a very natural look (which is what I was looking for). I scheduled a hair/makeup trial and was SO impressed by her that I didn't even want to try anybody else (I had already scheduled a second trial with another artist, and that trial went just fine but I was already sold on Margie since she totally blew me away). I came to the trial with some photos of how I usually wear my makeup, and some photos of examples that I liked. She saw a few pictures and immediately knew what I was looking for. She was also just a joy to be around! We chatted throughout the trial and I overall I just got a great vibe from her. Fast forward to the day of the wedding. I have never looked so beautiful in my life! I hadn't slept well for an entire week before the wedding, so I was not only sleep deprived, but also very hungover from the rehearsal dinner the night before. Let's just say that I woke up the day of my wedding not looking my best. Margie did such an amazing job - my makeup looked so natural, and my hair was just perfect and exactly what I wanted. My hair is normally pretty thin and flat and I really wanted more volume for my wedding day, and Margie delivered! I got so many comments throughout the night on my hair and makeup, and those who saw me before Margie arrived said you couldn't tell at all that I hadn't slept in days. I felt so relaxed and calm when we were getting ready because I knew we were in good hands. Margie even commented on how relaxed the whole bridal party was! On top of all that, Margie's prices were the most reasonable that I found during my search for a hair and makeup artist. Going with Margie is a no-brainer and I can't recommend her enough. She's the best!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Laura · Married on 06/12/2016

After a makeup trial with someone else that I wasn't thrilled with, I booked a trial with Margie. What a wonderful difference! At the trial, Margie asked lots of questions to understand what look I was going for. When I wasn't sure what color eye shadow I wanted, she tried two different looks on my eyes. She started off light so I could see what it looked like and then add more color if I wanted. I also wasn't sure about airbrushing so she tried it with and without. She also applied individual lashes so that they wouldn't bother my sensitive eyes. Then, even though I had already booked someone else to do my hair, she pinned my hair up so I could see what my makeup would look like with my hair up. She really went above and beyond at the trial! On my wedding day, Margie was a pleasure to work with. Everything went smoothly and everyone in my bridal party was very happy with their makeup. I was thrilled with how my makeup looked! I highly recommend Margie. She's so nice, attentive to detail, and really listens to what you want!

Sent on 08/14/2016

Eileen & Boris · Married on 06/05/2016

Margie is truly 5 stars! She is a pure delight to work with, professional, responsive, and super talented. My wedding party looked stunning and not overdone and she listens to your personal preferences. She perfectly executed my wedding look which included an intricate voluminous updo. Would recommend her and her team ten-fold!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Kasia · Married on 05/28/2016

Margie was truly phenomenal. Not only is she kind, thoughtful, and patient, she also does fabulous hair and make up that held up through everything! Our wedding was during a New York City heatwave with high humidity and temperatures reaching 100F. During our church mass, I had rivers of sweat dripping down my face (which I blotted almost continuously with tissues that I had thankfully put in my groom's tux pockets) and we also had a huge storm during cocktail hour, yet my make up and hair both held up so incredibly through it all. I honestly couldn't believe it at the end of the night after more than 12 hours and lots of dancing how secure my undo was and how both my eye make up and airbrush make up still looked amazing. I almost didn't want to wash it off! Margie did such a great job and I am so grateful! She was always quick to reply, on time or early and answered our huge number of question with such patience. Her calm and kind demeanor were especially key to my own peace of mind and keeping it all together on such an emotional day. Thank you so much Margie!

Sent on 08/09/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/21/2016

Margie is so talented! She gave me the perfect look for my brother's wedding in NYC. My makeup and hair were flawless throughout the whole night. This was an extremely important event for me and booking with Margie was worth every penny and more. Even if you're not completely sure what you want, Margie is amazing at creating a vision to perfectly match your outfit and look. Thanks again, Margie!!!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Natalka · Married on 05/20/2016

I mean what is there to say? She is literally hands-down the best hair stylist and makeup artist I've ever had the pleasure of working with. I just came back from my hair and makeup trial for my wedding and could not even wait to review her until the big day is done. She addressed every single concern and was so open to listening to my feedback. I ended up getting exactly what I envisioned for the biggest day of my life and I couldn't be more happy that I finally found a make up artist with such a high work ethic and who really pays attention to every need of the client. I cannot wait for her to do it again! Highly highly highly recommend!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Mchelle · Married on 05/16/2016

I cannot say enough about Margie and the makeup and hair she did for my wedding. My guests couldn't stop commenting on how beautiful my hair looked, and that I looked like a Disney princess. Margie knew exactly what I wanted and even those few times I wanted something tweaked, she was extremely accommodating and adjusted whatever it was. I was also under a big time crunch on my wedding day and she managed to recreate my makeup and hair perfectly even under time constraints. Plus she is also just extremely pleasant and adorable. Ill absolutely be recommending her to everyone I know!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Caroline · Married on 05/14/2016

Margie is absolutely amazing at what she does! I first met Margie when I was 25, in search of an airbrush makeup artist to help me feel even more amazing for my 25th birthday. She made me feel very comfortable, listened to what I wanted, and also used her professional eye to determine what look would go well with my features. Margie did such an amazing job that I saved her number and called her 3 years later to book her for my wedding (which just occurred on September 4th 2016). She was the first vendor I called and was thrilled to have Margie do my wedding makeup. Margie brought her team along to do hair and makeup for me, my 7 bridesmaids, and my mother. We all looked beautiful in our own way, with hair and makeup that matched our own unique style and personality. We all received a ton of compliments! Also, a huge plus is that my makeup stayed intact until the next morning (so I looked super fresh during our brunch) and the makeup she uses is gentle on the skin. You cannot go wrong with Margie and her team! I will be reaching out to her for all my major life events :)

Sent on 10/02/2016

Pimpila · Married on 04/09/2016

Margie is the best! Her style of applying makeup comes off flawless and natural looking. I felt stunning, and at the same time, I still felt like myself. On top of being really good at what she does, Margie is just a joy to be around. She really listens to what you want. She is super relaxed and will help calm your wedding jitters!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Demetra · Married on 09/27/2015

I had the absolute pleasure of having Margie as my makeup artist for my wedding on September 27,2015. I previously had Margie do my makeup /hair for a bunch of events I had. Wow!!! Where do I start? Professional? Check. Sweet? Check. She has amazing talent in what she does. Everything I asked of her she always delivered and more. Every picture I showed her she had no problem to do. She also had great advice to give for me to try at home. She is truly a great individual and respectful. I wish I can have her every day! Kudos to Margie. She made my special day stress free and made me look like a million bucks! Thank you Margie for your beautiful and exceptional services!! I highly recommend her and I already have to friends and family.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Tisha · Married on 09/18/2015

I cannot speak highly enough of Margie and Lucie. Margie accomodated us on short notice for my daughter's Sweet 16 and she sent us Lucie. Well Lucie was wonderful, she was on time and very friendly. We felt as if she was a friend just hanging out with us girls. Lucie made all of us look fabulous and most importantly my daughter was feeling beautiful. I will definitely hire them again for our next event.

Sent on 09/19/2015

Margie provided us with a hair stylist and makeup artist for my nephews wedding. All of the ladies were thrilled with their looks!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Margie is amazing!!! she is so professional and definitely knows her stuff!! the trials were great as she spends time with you discussing every part of the process and allows you to dictate how much/how little makeup you desire. She arrived on time (6:30 am) and got right to work without delay. I LOVED my hair and makeup on the day of the wedding as well as the trial. Everyone kept telling me how much they loved my hair and makeup. My makeup was natural and I glowed without looking overdone. The eyelashes she used were individual and created a flawless natural look. They lasted almost 2 weeks before I finally washed them off and no one could believe they were fake because of how natural they looked! I would recommend margie without hesitation to ANYONE! She is worth every penny!

Sent on 09/23/2015

Richelle · Married on 08/21/2015

I worked with Margie for my trial and hired her for my wedding day. Not only is she a complete delight to work with and talk to, but her hair and makeup is amazing. I was so please with the old hollywood glam look that she gave me. Elegant without be costume-like. Her associate Luci worked with several of my bridal party and the moms and all were very pleased. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/05/2015

Caroline · Married on 08/08/2015

Margie and her team were beyond amazing!
    I met with Margie a few months before my wedding to do my wedding hair and make-up proof. She was so accommodating and sweet, and her work was just stunning. She tried many different hair styles and make-ups so I could pick the one I liked the most. Margie was so patient and she went over everything that I needed to know and decide for my wedding beauty appointment.
    During the months prior to the wedding I had a few questions and concerns and Margie went above and beyond to answer and address them. She made the process so easy and stress free!
    On my wedding day Margie and her team was punctual, professional, caring and so calm. It really made a huge difference to get ready in such environment! I loved my hair and make-up!!!! I received so many compliments from my friends and family. Margie and her team also did the hair and make-up for my bridesmaids, mother, step mother and flower girl. I have no words to express how beautiful they looked!
    Thank you for everything, Margie! Choosing you really made the difference on my wedding day!!

Sent on 09/14/2015
  • Y

Yelena · Married on 05/16/2015

I have never felt as gorgeous as I did on my wedding day, and that is 50% perfect dress and 50% flawless hair and makeup. So thank you to Margie for making me feel and look like a movie star. :D

To start, Margie was far and away the most responsive vendor I used. It's a small but very appreciated gesture when the person you emailed with yet another question replies to you as soon as they can. Thank you for that!

Style-wise, what I wanted was quite standard and fairly minimal: a low twisty chignon with a little bit of character, and a more natural make-up look with eyes that popped. We achieved that during the trial, and Margie took lots of photos with both her phone and mine. Just a heads up! A trial is a trial - the actual day of there will be a LOT more time and care and effort put into making each hair and eyelash perfect. I came home from my trial and took 95 bobby pins out from my hair! My head ached from that weight and I was nervous that I'd have to deal with that on the actual day. Not at all! For the real event, Margie took great pains to ensure every bobby pin had a purpose and a comfy home. My hair didn't bother me for a minute the entire day, and stayed perfectly in place. Also, it was my first time using airbrushed makeup - highly recommend! No caking, looks natural, and feels super lightweight. :)

My bridesmaids, mother, sister-in-law, and niece all got their hair done. Most were with Lucie, Margie's assistant that day, and all were extremely pleased with their hairstyles. Lucie is a magician with up-dos - thank you for doing a wonderful job!

All in all: Margie is lovely, responsive, great at what she does, and reasonably priced considering the time and professional skill required.

Sent on 06/11/2015

Rachel · Married on 05/03/2015

Margie did my hair and makeup for my May 2015. From the start when I went for a trial, Margie was super easy to work with. She let me try a number of different styles during the trial and understood the vision I wanted--to look like me, only better. She also did my mother's makeup for the wedding but since my mother has short hair and knew we were concerned about her hair style, Margie brought another hair stylist in on my wedding day that was more familiar with short hair styles. It really made us feel at ease that she did this.
    On the day of, I loved how my makeup turned out and it lasted the entire day and night. My husband also LOVED my hair and makeup--he was in awe of me.

I chatted with a number of hair and makeup stylists before meeting with Margie and all of them were difficult---they had minimums, had a million different price scales, etc. Margie was straight forward and easy to work with. Her prices were just right too!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Victor · Married on 04/30/2015

Our hair and makeup artist is Margie Bresciani. We have her for our and our sister in law's wedding photo.
    She is amazing and with really comfortable attitude. Also the price invert reasonable.
    If we know someone I need, will definitely introduce her for makeup and hai again!

Sent on 05/04/2015

Margie was incredible!!!

I did a lot of research before finding Margie and booking a trial. I contacted many hair / makeup artists and found Margie's rates to be the best, in comparison with the high quality reviews. I was not disappointed. Margie is clearly an expert at both hair and makeup which was evident from the trial. I had a vague idea of what I wanted and she got it exactly. She took lots of pictures during the trial, so that when she showed up at my hotel room on my wedding morning, she was able to get right to work and recreated the look perfectly.

My hair and makeup stayed perfectly for nearly 12 hours. I really can't express enough how great the quality of her work was, because it looked beautiful and soft and natural for such a long time! The only thing I had to do was blot a little, and reapply lip gloss, and at 10:00 at night I still felt like I looked like I did at 12:00 noon.

Margie brought along 2 assistants who were also incredible and they did my bridesmaids' hair and makeup - they all looked beautiful! Each bridesmaid wanted a different hairstyle and they had no problems at all doing this easily. Everyone's hair and makeup looked great and stayed in place!

Additionally, Margie is just such a sweet person! She was so easy to work with and so kind and friendly, and a very calming presence on the wedding morning which I appreciated so much. :)

I can't recommend Margie and her team highly enough and would not hesitate to book them again!!

Sent on 04/27/2015

Melissa · Married on 04/11/2015

Margie and Amy are THE BEST, hands down, no question!! I discovered Margie in 2012 when she did the hair & makeup for a bridesmaid party that I was in. I loved her work then so when it was time for my own wedding, booking Margie was a no brainer! I had hair and makeup done by her for me as well as my mom and 5 bridesmaids, in addition to a very necessary hair & makeup trial a few months prior. Margie is warm, friendly, professional and very easy to work with! Her work is meticulously executed, always soliciting her client's opinions and input throughout the process. We also hired her to do touch ups through the day until the ceremony which was so key! She was so helpful and attentive :o) I cannot thank her enough for making me and my bridal party look and feel like royalty on my special day!

Sent on 05/03/2015

I went to Margie on the day of my small, city-hall wedding. I did a very low-key thing, just a party with a couple of friends. She PERFECTLY understood what I wanted: a beautiful, romantic look that would look great in photos but wasn't overly glamorous given the nature of the day. I'm an actor and have gotten my hair and make up done many times, but this was my favorite look I've ever had!! I showed her several pictures, she asked some questions to specify and the end result was PERFECT.

Not only was Margie personable and friendly, but I also came in with a budget and a time crunch and she honored both with professionalism and kindness. For any brides who will be using her for the big day, she brings the best kind of energy to the room: She is supportive, calm, and efficient. I trusted her completely, and she did a great job. Can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 03/30/2015

Jordana · Married on 01/10/2015

Margie is one of the best makeup and hair artists I have ever encountered. She did my hair and makeup for my wedding day. She is caring and kind. She makes you feel so comfortable and like you have nothing to worry about (and you don't with her). She did an AMAZING job. My hair and makeup stayed on all day and night and looked perfect. She has done my makeup and hair for two other friends weddings and she is great. I would defiantly recommend her services.

Sent on 01/12/2015

Despina · Married on 11/29/2014

Margie is a joy to work with. She is creative, listens really well and reassuring. a total professional and I could not have been happier with all the amazing comments about my hair and makeup on my wedding.

Sent on 12/08/2014

Samantha · Married on 11/02/2014

Margie was absolutely amazing to work with! Everyone commented that my makeup looked flawless! I wanted to look like myself as a brideand not be too overdone, she was able to find the perfect balance. She also created the most beautiful low updo with my hair. Besides her amazing work, she has the sweetest personality. She never hesitated to help with anything and was great at working with the photographer to get those "getting ready shots." At one point we had a wardrobe malfunction when the hook of my dress broke. Margie ran out and found a sewing kit to help. She was such a delight and my mom and sister enjoyed having their makeup done by her as well. she even stayed for the ceremony! She was early, prepared, absolutely professional; even more than that, she goes above and beyond! She will always be my go-to for any events in the future!

Sent on 11/27/2014