Truly Happy Beauty Reviews

Truly Happy Beauty 5
Truly Happy Beauty 6
Truly Happy Beauty 7

Amy · Married on 10/15/2017

Margie's work is INCREDIBLE! The make-up and hair on the day of were absolutely perfect. During our trial, she really took the time and care to understand exactly what I wanted and then day of she nailed it perfectly! Thank you, Margie!

Sent on 10/22/2017
    Truly Happy Beauty 8
  • Bunnycita

Itzie · Married on 10/14/2017

Margie and her team are great. Margie exceeded my expectations. She was very nice and professional since the beginning. I showed her a lot of pictures of hairstyles I liked however due to the thickness and length of my hair, none looked as nice on me. Margie was sooo patient during the trial. She designed a beautiful updo for me!!! So basically my own unique updo!! I was soooo happy. Everyone at my wedding complimented it. The make up was also so beautiful. I asked her for a natural look and yes, Margie did great. I had an early wedding- Margie showed up at the time we agreed. Not one minute late. I would recommend Margie 100%. Amazing service and talented!!!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Jessica · Married on 10/08/2017

The best!

I was married in late October 2018 on a rainy and windy Brooklyn, NY day. Naturally, I was worried my wedding day glam look wouldn't last the day. I have sensitive/oily skin and super fine straight hair. Not only did my makeup and curls last the entire day and evening through all the hugging, kissing, and dancing- but it lasted perfectly through the photos my husband and I took on the roof deck of our hotel (yes- in the rain and wind!) If you haven't hired Margie of Truly Happy Beauty...you better quickly! I haven't stopped raving to friends and family since the wedding about Margie and her assistant artist, Lucy! The both of them did an absolutely perfect job with myself, my mother, sister, and 2 bridesmaids. My glam look held up so well that you would have never noticed I stepped foot outdoors on that rainy day! I didn’t need a single touch up all night & I partied and danced until late that evening. Thank you, Margie, not only for your fabulous hair and makeup skills but also your friendship and calm demeanor on the wedding morning. I felt so relieved to have you by side months before the wedding for my 2 hair/makeup trials and on my wedding day. Thank you!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Lori · Married on 09/30/2017

Margie and her team were AMAZING! I had 10 bridesmaids, 1 junior bridesmaid, 2 mothers and 1 grandmother who all need hair/makeup or both on the day of my wedding. The team showed up exactly on time, listened to each girl's needs and everyone turned out beautifully. Margie even left enough time in the schedule for touch-ups for everyone and any adjustments to hair and makeup that might be needed. I was especially impressed when working with Margie. As the bride, you're always a bit nervous ahead of time, but Margie worked swiftly and calmly to give me my dream hair and makeup for my wedding. She listened to my needs, asked questions throughout the process and I never felt rushed or anxious. Even my wedding guests were raving about my hair and makeup!
    Leading up to the wedding, Margie was also amazing. She answered emails in record time, gave me direction for the day of and created a schedule and list of items she would need to make the day run smoothly -- which it did. All in all, I would choose Truly Happy Beauty for my wedding day a million times over. Thank you, Margie!!

Sent on 11/11/2017
    Truly Happy Beauty 13

Sara · Married on 09/16/2017

Sent on 10/02/2017

Sara · Married on 09/16/2017

Margie was amazing! She made me feel and look beautiful the day of my wedding. The day of the trial, there were technical mishaps that were completely out of anyone's control but she was able to complete the trial flawlessly without breaking a sweat! She was super accommodating to us the morning of the wedding and made our day go so much smoother, making it a much more stress free morning! Coordinating/organizing all the details with her was super easy, she was also extremely friendly and great to chat with during the whole session. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Caroline · Married on 09/02/2017

I highly recommend Margie and her team. I do not wear much makeup and so, I really wanted a natural look but I also wanted to look glowing and beautiful and I truly felt that Margie made that vision come true! She did my hair soooo beautifully and my makeup in a very natural way. My bridesmaids also looked and felt amazing. Margie was very accommodating and she was also a really positive person to have around on my wedding day which definitely added to the magic of the day. Thank you so much! All the best to you!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Marya · Married on 07/08/2017

Truly Happy Beauty was amazing! They were responsive, flexible, and did a fantastic job capturing the natural look that my bridesmaids and I were looking for. Everyone LOVED their hair and makeup!

Dimitra · Married on 07/02/2017

Margie and Truly Happy Beauty truly made my wedding extra special! My overall experience with Margie, from booking, to hair and makeup trial, all the way to the day of the wedding was phenomenal. Margie is super sweet, attentive, experienced, creative, and maintains a high level of professionalism. She was so calming and helpful on the day of the wedding and I could not have asked for a better person or makeup artist to be there for us. The hair and makeup was beyond perfect and I didn't want to remove it or take apart my updo at the end of the night! I will forever be grateful to Margie for being with us on such an important day and for going above and beyond to make sure we were happy and we'll taken care of! I wholeheartedly recommend Margie and her team. Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Lillian · Married on 07/01/2017

Margie should rename her Truly Happy Sanity, because she kept me sane on my big day. Two rainstorms and humidity did not affect my hair and makeup. She kept the mood light and fun and reassured me. I can't say enough great things about her. She was accommodating and worked within my budget. I looked the best I've ever looked, but still like myself. She is the best. Hire her now!!

Sent on 10/04/2017
    Truly Happy Beauty 14

Patti · Married on 06/24/2017

Margie and her team deserve 100 stars! I can't imagine any other company than Margie Bresciano/Truly Happy Beauty being at my daughters wedding doing make-up & hair! They were spectacular!
    My daughters wedding was 6/24/17. There were 11 bridesmaids, 2 Mothers, 3 Grandmothers and of course the Bride. From our first meeting with Margie, we knew Truly Happy Beauty was the perfect fit and hired her immediately. Margie is patient, listens to what the bride is asking for, unbelievably talented, fun to be with, kind, trusting, dependable and most important it was obvious she would have everything under control the day of the wedding. As a mother of the bride, you worry about every detail of the wedding day. Knowing Margie & team would be there was comforting! No worries with Margie. She handled the set up, everyone's make up & hair and I was stress free.
    Short example of why I'm grateful we choose Margie: AFTER my 81 year old Mom was finished with her hair/makeup (finished product was beautiful) it was time for photos. My Mom has a severe knee injury and could bearly walk. For this day, my Mom refused to walk with a cane and could not walk in the shoes she had purchased. We had no idea how to help her. She was in excruciating pain because of the shoes. Margie, walks over to where my Mom was and bends down to help. Margie takes off her own shoes (which were flats) and puts them on my Mom to wear for the wedding. The entire wedding party was in awe of what Margie had done. She kept us ALL calm and showed such kindness! We will be forever grateful for everything she did for my Mom. Margie goes beyond the unexpected mile for her clients.
    My daughter and the entire wedding party looked incredibly beautiful - exactly how my daughter had imagined - hair and make up was perfect and it shows in all the photos.

Kimberly · Married on 06/17/2017

My husband actually found Margie based on a picture I fell in love with on the internet. Starting at my trial, Margie listened to exactly what I pictured for that day and was able to perfectly create it. I knew I wanted my hair down, and when it rained on my wedding day, Margie still made it happen and it looked perfect throughout all my pictures. Margie and her team were truly a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend them to any bride out there!

Juliette · Married on 06/03/2017

Truly Happy Beauty did a wonderful job for my wedding day. All of the bridesmaids loved both their hair and makeup. As the bride, I thought my hair and makeup was perfect. My mom never gets her makeup done so I was interested to see if she'd like hers and it was a great success. I think the makeup artists really listened to what everyone wanted done, which is very important on such a special day. The hair/makeup artists were all very nice and easy to work with - and kept everyone calm. I highly recommend Truly Happy Beauty!

Elisabeth · Married on 05/28/2017

Margie is absolutely wonderful! I couldn't say enough good things about her. She was incredibly helpful in suggesting ideas and looks during the trial - she definitely knows what she's doing! On the wedding day, she made me, my family, and my wedding party feel completely at ease. Everyone looked AMAZING - she is truly talented. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for someone to do hair and makeup!

Sent on 07/28/2017

J M · Married on 05/28/2017

You will be "truly Happy" if you choose Truly Happy beauty for your make-up and hair styling. Margie and her company are fantastic!!! Totally experienced with every aspect of hair, as well as hair extensions, wigs and gorgeous make up Did I also mention hair clips and veils? I went with my daughter to Margie's site in New York to watch her transform my daughter into a beauty queen. with expert hair ad make up Her calm presence and humor and advice ( which comes from great experience) transformed the morning. Such a joy, Then she arrived early at our wedding site two months later with her wonderful assistant and every possible tool needed to transform 9 women. Once again, her calm presence and humor and extensive experience with hair, make up, and the entire bridal process created a magical atmosphere.People constantly commented on how gorgeous everyone looked, and the photos are all just perfection Margie really cares about her brides and their entire bridal party I am certain that you will love her and her assistants and the beautiful look they will create for you. As she works, she also provides amazing tips on everything you might need to know that day and checks with you constantly about your look to be sure it is exactly what your want. Her people skills extend to young and old alike, All of us can't say enough great things about our experience with this truly talented woman and her staff. Please book them quickly as they are in demand. You will be so happy you did!.

Sent on 08/04/2017

Elina · Married on 04/30/2017

Margie was recommended to me by my friend. I did not regret that I took her advice! What a great job Margie did both on my trial and wedding day. Margie was very accommodating and attentive to all my wishes and recommendations. I wanted to have a very natural look on my wedding day and Margie did exactly what I wished for. Margie arrived even earlier on the day of and started to work on my hair. I would like to mention that I did not do a hair trial with her but just showed her the pictures of exactly the style I liked and she did an amazing job replicating it and even better. I could not wish for more! If I could give her 6 stars, I would. Amazing service, amazing job! She made me feel and look like a princess on my most important day. Thank you Margie so much for the great job you did! For those who are looking for a hair and make up artist, don't waste your time looking any further. Margie is great and very affordable. You won't regret!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Donna · Married on 04/09/2017

Margie was an absolute delight to work with. When planning a wedding specifics can become extremely overwhelming but Margie brought a level of calmness from her quick responsiveness months leading up to the wedding to her overall manner on the actual day. When I think back to my wedding day what really stands out is how laid-back the morning was when we were preparing. I truly enjoyed it. It set the tone for the rest of my day. Besides her professionalism her work is incredible. I showed her some pictures and explained what I liked and didn't like. She didn't stop until I was satisfied. A couple of months before the event I had to notify Margie that one of my brides maids was sick and would no longer need her hair done. I had asked could she get her make-up done instead? Without any hesitation Margie said it was not a problem and she adjusted the price on the contract. This was a relief knowing that I was working with someone kind and compassionate. This is someone you want on your team! I was beyond happy with the quality of my hair. My brides maid's makeup was just perfect too! I would not hesitate for a second to recommend Margie and her team for your event!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Mariami · Married on 01/28/2017

Dear Brides,

I can not say enough about Margie Bresciani/ Truly Happy Beauty -Bridal Make-up & Hair Styling. I invested lot of time searching for my make up artist and hair stylist. After my disappointing make up trial, I found Margie to be my savor. She is extremely sweet and very professional. She spent enough time with me to discuss my needs. I was impressed how she ended up with the looks exactly as I desired during my trial. On the wedding day, Margie came on time. She made my Maid of honor and myself very relaxed and comfortable. Quality of work was outstanding. We both looked and felt beautiful. I would definitely recommend her services to every bride. Just do your trial and do not worry on your big day because you are in good hands!

Sent on 03/06/2017

Abby · Married on 12/17/2016

I used Truly Happy Beauty for my wedding and reception makeup (over two days). Margie was absolutely amazing. I loved working with her from my trial through the wedding reception. She's kind and friendly. She provides input but is incredibly flexible and open to adjust based on the client's preferences. Even more importantly, she was terrific with my mom. My mom had never had her makeup done, and she was pretty uncomfortable with the idea. Margie didn't pressure her at all, and in the end, my mom looked beautiful in person and in photos, and I know she was really happy she had decided to have her makeup done professionally.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Chris · Married on 10/14/2016

Margie and her team provided the hair & makeup for our groomsmaids (gay wedding) and our mothers on the day of our wedding.

First off, everyone looked beautiful. When I met Margie at the venue, she was charming and sweet.

My mother really wanted fake eyelashes for the day and was getting really anxious because she was losing her real eyelashes and was afraid she wouldn't be able to get them attached, as they couldn't do it at her home salon. My sister contacted Margie in advance, asking if there was anything that could possibly be done. Margie had a quick and easy solution for the problem and viola, my mother had her fake eyelashes for the wedding.

Margie was a joy to coordinate with and all of our ladies were happy with the final product. Truly Happy Beauty is also pretty affordable for NYC standards and airbrush is included automatically in the pricing, which the girls really enjoyed.

Truly Happy Beauty was a truly wonderful experience and I highly recommend Margie.

Sent on 11/18/2016

Lauren · Married on 10/01/2016

Margie is the best! The quality of her work is outstanding. I booked her for hair and makeup for myself and my bridal party (total of 9 people). I can't say this enough - when you look good - you feel great - don't skimp on your wedding day! She was very accommodative during the trialing process and even made a slight tweak day-of to my lip color. She brought two extra people for my bridal party of 9 and we actually ran ahead of schedule! Her pricing is competitive and a great value for what you are getting. Everyone got lashes and airbrush foundation - this is a plus that she offers vs. others that charge extra. They even got rid of some unsightly tan lines on some girls which was extremely helpful in pictures. Go with Margie - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/24/2016
  • Z

Zeynep · Married on 09/10/2016

Margie was a true joy! She did an amazing job with my hair as well as the hair of 5 other people from the wedding party. She was very easy going and super sweet. Cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 10/09/2016
  • F

Francine · Married on 09/02/2016

I found Truly Happy Beauty on the knot and wedding wire. I had a terrible trial with another make up artist and had another one cancel on me the week before my scheduled trial, so I was feeling pretty discouraged. Margie was not available on my wedding date but recommended Lucie from her team. I met with Lucie at their downtown studio for a hair and makeup trial - which was clean, bright and welcoming. I brought pinterest pics but was undecided with my hairstyle. Lucie was sweet, patient and helpful. My make up was perfect. I went for another hair trial with Lucie and was still undecided but she was communicative and encouraging throughout the process up until the very day. Low and behold after months of clear skin a large pimple appears right on my check 2 days before the wedding. I panic and text Lucie who sends me a list of things I can do to minimize the redness. I don't think it really did anything but what it allowed me to do was feel like I was doing something besides going nuts. We had a slight change in timing the wedding day and Lucie answered the phone at 10pm the night before and was graciously amenable. I can't imagine having anyone other than Lucie with me on my wedding day. Lucie did my hair and makeup and she and her assistant Sheila did makeup & hair for 3 bridesmaids, mom and mom in law. It took about 5 hours. Everyone looked so beautiful and our hair and makeup lasted throughout the night. Lucie uses individual lashes which makes everyone look so much more natural and the airbrush feels wonderful! The unwelcome friend on my cheek was not visible. Do not waste your time and money like I did before finding her - Go straight to Lucie at Truly Happy Beauty!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Erika · Married on 08/19/2016

I loved working with Margie. She was kind enough to meet with me for two makeup trials and in each she was very patient and helpful. The day of the wedding she was a true professional and kept everything organized and calm. The whole wedding party was extremely impressed. My makeup lasted all night and needed little to no retouch. Highly recommend it!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Kelly · Married on 07/09/2016

Margie and her team are truly amazing!! My hair and makeup for my wedding was perfect! A few of my friends also have used her services for their weddings and everyone was extremely happy with their makeup and hair each time!!

Sent on 08/09/2016