Margaret's French Bakery Reviews

33 | Campbell, CA

33 Reviews for Margaret's French Bakery

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

We LOVED the cake we got from Margaret's French Bakery! Both my husband and I aren't a huge fan of cake, but after a few cake tastings at different places, we came across Margaret's French Bakery and were super impressed!

They did a great job helping us select a style of cake that we liked and had wonderful flavors of cake to choose from! We loved so many flavors that we ended up selecting a different flavor for each of the cake tiers.

We wanted to have flowers that matched the bouquets, so the day before the wedding we picked up roses from our florist and brought them to Margaret's French Bakery where they added them to the cake.

On the day of the wedding they delivered the cake on time and it looked fantastic!! The best compliment came from my grandmother who is an incredible cook but hard to please when it comes to cake -- she could not stop raving about how much she loved it! Months after the big day, that's what she talks about most!

We highly recommend getting your wedding cake from Margaret's French Bakery!

Sent on 12/26/2015
  • Talma

Talma · Married on 11/02/2014

The staff at Margaret's French bakery was very patient and helpful. We were offered 16 cake tasting varieties to choose from. Our wedding was decorated nicely with some roses free of charge and it was delivered on time and setup for the reception! I would recommend this vendor to others.

Sent on 11/25/2014

Selena · Married on 08/10/2013

Margaret made our wedding cake beautiful and delicious! When me and my husband went for the tasting, we couldn't make up our minds on which ones to choose because they were all so yummy! Our guests also loved the cake and ate all of it!

Sent on 08/25/2013

V. · Married on 08/03/2013

I knew I wanted Margaret to make my cake from the time I came in for my cake consultation and tasting. Her cake is airy and delicious. The wedding cake turned out simply beautiful and guests ate every piece of it.

Sent on 08/06/2013

I was very pleased working with Margaret from start to finish. Cake tasting was delicious and Margaret helped us with ideas for our wedding cake. We had a 4-tier cake (tiramisu, orange almond, lemon and strawberry Grand Marnier), which came out looking and tasting amazing. We really enjoyed our cake and most importantly, our guests did too. I'm also a returning customer, and will order future birthday cakes from Margaret!

Sent on 02/03/2014
  • Y

Yemon · Married on 07/22/2012

All of Margeret's cakes were so tasty. Very moist and savory, not over powered by sugar or cream. Her price is very good. We had a budget and we wanted a small 3 tier cake,and sheet cakes. She was able to make it happen. Other bakeries told us that they can only do a big 3 tier or 2 tier cake, not a small 3 tier. She does not try to sell you stuff like the other vendors. We went to another bakery that is well known for wedding cakes in Santa Clara, it tasted like it was from Safeway after trying Margeret's cake. It did not taste special. We will definitely do business with her again for future occasions.

Sent on 07/30/2012
  • O

Oswaldo · Married on 05/12/2012

Margaret's cakes are not only delicious, she is absolutely amazing to work with! I brought in a photo of how i wanted my cake, and the day of, it was even more gorgeous than the original picture!!! She was extremely professional and flexible with all of my requests throughout the process. We could not recommend this bakery enough!!!

Sent on 05/20/2012

Judith · Married on 04/14/2012

Our wedding cake had layers of lemon, tiramisu, and vanilla. The cake was by far the best-tasting wedding cake I've ever had! Per tradition, we froze the top layer (vanilla) and ate it on our first anniversary, and it tasted just as good as on our wedding day! If you choose Margaret's French Bakery to make your wedding cake, I promise you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/29/2013
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/24/2011

Margaret is awesome. She not only did our wedding cake but also our dessert bar and our guests were raving about how moist and delicious the cake was and how delicious the various desserts were. Margaret made sure the cake was exactly what we wanted. I gave her a picture of a cake design that I liked and she made our cake look 10 times more beautiful than the picture that I gave her. She was flexible and easy to work with and her cakes are delicious.

Sent on 10/14/2011

Odette · Married on 08/06/2011

I found a cake topper made of clay which I wanted to replicate for our wedding cake. It was a fancy peacock design. I must have e-mailed hundreds of cake bakers in they bay area. Margaret was the most enthusiastic one about the design and her pricing was the best. She is the actual owner and she specializes on events. Her cakes are delicious! We had the truffle torte and strawberry marnier. The cake designed turned out to be better than I could hope for. A very professional and talented vendor!

Sent on 10/04/2011

Maryanne · Married on 10/21/2009

Our cake was amazing it tasted good too! We were really happy with the cake and honestly my only regret is not having enough time on our wedding day to taste every layer. I would highly recommend Margaret's French Bakery

Sent on 06/07/2010

JLIZ · Married on 09/27/2009

Margaret's French Bakery was recommended to us by Dolce Hayes Mansion (Liveth Ramos) and our cake was INCREDIBLE!! We decided on a different flavor for each layer and all the layers were delicious. My mom who is an excellent baker agreed that Margaret is one fantastic baker! Thank you, Margaret . . . you are the best!!!

Dolce Hayes Mansion
    San Jose, CA

Sent on 10/21/2009
  • MrsMiranda

Brittney · Married on 08/07/2009

Margaret is an awesome baker and her cakes are the BEST! I still have people asking me where I got my cakes from for the wedding. They were so delicious! Can't beat her professionalism and creativity, or her prices. I was able to have 16 custom flavored cakes, a 2 tiered 2 flavor cake for my husband and I and custom chocolate fondant place cards for all 135 guests with everyone's names written on them for a little over $1,000. Can't beat that.

Cakes are amazing and Margaret is the one to see if you want to make that element of your wedding stick on your guests head.

Sent on 08/25/2009

Sarah · Married on 07/10/2009

My husband and I showed up a month before the wedding and ordered our cake. The service was excellent. The place itself was a little hard to find, but the woman made room for us the day we called, and sat there while we tasted each piece and finally decided on a cake. And I can say one thing...

The cake was almost prettier than me.

It was the perfect size (we still have the top half). It got there on time, early actually. It fit our budget better than our budget, and we got nothing but compliments on it from our guests. Everyone said it was best cake they had EVER tasted. If you ever want pictures let me know.

Sent on 08/15/2009
  • F

Felicia · Married on 05/24/2009

Margaret's French Bakery create beautiful and delicious cakes. First off, I should warn you that the location of her shop is a bit odd. It is in a sort of industrial office park area of Campbell. Please do not let that deter you from visiting. The tasting was amazing and she is very engaged with the details of your wedding. As for the cake itself - I ordered a three tier cake with chocolate, vanilla, and orange almond. Each flavor received great reviews and I heard that some other friends who were getting married were going to get the orange almond flavor. I highly recommend this bakery for weddings. I will be returning for other cakes in the future.

Sent on 06/09/2009

Ashley · Married on 05/10/2009

Our cake was absolutely beautiful and the flavors were amazing! We had such a terrible time during the tasting only picking 3 flavors because they were all so incredibly delicious. We have been to a lot of weddings where the cakes have been dry and at times even hard. We were recommended to this bakery thru our wedding planner Nicole because of their freshness and moistness. It was truly the best cake we have ever had. And everyone at the wedding agreed! I would highly recommend Margaret's French Bakery! It's soooo worth it!

Sent on 06/25/2010

Andrea · Married on 05/09/2009

The cake was fantastic! It was more beautiful than I even imagined and it tasted wonderful as well. I had used her services previously for hubby's birthday cake a few months earlier and knew our wedding cake was going to be perfect. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/12/2009
  • Jessie

Jessie · Married on 12/20/2008

Margaret makes delicious cakes. I was so impressed with the way my wedding cake looked like, and it was presented wonderfully. She was able to make each layer beautifully, and it also tasted yummy. She is easy to work with and is also
    reasonably priced. I have recommended her to my friends and family. My guest also had made many compliments regarding the wedding cake.

Sent on 01/06/2009

Justine · Married on 10/05/2008

Our cake from Margaret's French Bakery was AWESOME!!! Of course, being the bride I only got ONE bite - the one that my husband fed me! So, brides, please take time out to eat your cake, you'll be sad u didn't. No big deal though because we will be ordering the same thing for our one year anniversary. Anyways, needless to say our cake was fantastic, despite my small sampling. At the tasting we loved every single piece they brought out - which was a lot of cake. All of my guests were raving about how great the cake tasted! We got a three tiered cake - the lower tier was white chocolate with white chocolate filling (my favorite), the second tier up was carrot cake (I am usually not the biggest fan, but theirs is unbelievable!!), and the top tier was red velvet (a big crowd pleaser). The staff at Margaret's (including Margaret herself) are extremely kind and accommodating people who genuinely care about making you the perfect cake. I highly recommend them for your wedding. The cake looked great and was exactly what we had discussed. And the service rocked. A++

Sent on 04/25/2009

Katie · Married on 11/17/2007

Margaret is the best and her cakes are fabulous! Not only did it taste great but it also looked great. I gave her a picture of the detail of my dress because I wanted it on the cake. She matched it perfectly and even the gold color of my dress. The cake was so good that I went back for seconds. I also got a lot of complements from the guests about the cake. I will hire her again for any cake needs I have. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 01/05/2008

fani · Married on 08/12/2006

All I can say is, the BEST cake I've ever had. Margaret was another one of my top 3 vendors. She was a pleasure to work with. We tasted soooo many cakes from A Piece of Cake Bakery to Jen's Cakes. We wanted tiramisu cake and all the cakes we tasted either did not taste like tiramisu or they did not use real mascapone cheese and coffee. Margaret's cakes were moist and fluffy and she uses real ingredients instead of cake mix. I know a lot of people say how they barely tasted the cake and wish they ate more on their wedding day. Well, I had two pieces on the wedding day and we finished the leftover cake the next day. It was simply the best cake I've had!!! When I talked to Margaret on the phone before the wedding, I told her I could not wait to taste the cake. She said she cannot wait to see it. It was a gorgeous cake; it turned out better than we expected.

Sent on 08/24/2008

Margaret was amazing! Right from the start, she squeezed us in on a busy day for a tasting with no limitations. By the time we left, everything was done, and we had a peace of mind that we were in good hands.

The day of the wedding, the cake arrived promptly on time and was perfect! Thanks Margaret!

Sent on 07/08/2013
  • Roy & Amy

Roy & Amy · Married on 05/08/2010

We were referred by the Hayes Mansion where we were married since it was part of the wedding package and we just loved Margaret. I'm not a fan of cake but this cake was GOOD! We had a 4 tier with a different types of cake per tier. I'm allergic to nuts so she was very accomodating and had many varieties of cake and even customized some for us. We highly recommend her and will be ordering from her every year on our anniversary.

Sent on 07/07/2010

jean · Married on 07/28/2007

got many good responses from guests. didn't have a chance to eat too much cake at the wedding, but will find out on our one year anniversary. :)

Sent on 10/21/2007

3.5

Margaret's bakery was very flexible and allowed our group of 6 to come in for a tasting. We were able to taste all the possible flavors. We did not feel rushed to make our choices. Grace was able to show us all the ribbon color options in person and we felt at ease picking our frosting decoration + ribbon + flavors + plus tier selection. The cake arrived on time as they have worked with the venue we selected in the past. SO everything went smoothly on our wedding day.

Unfortunately one of the three flavors of our cake that we tasted was slightly different on the actual wedding day. We did not find out until after the wedding when we realized that people did not eat it since they said it was too sour (the flavor was lemon blackberry). The ratio of lemon was way off compared to what we tasted during the tasting. So that was a slight disappointment.

Sent on 07/13/2014