Margaret J Cotton Photography Reviews

Margaret J Cotton Photography 5
Margaret J Cotton Photography 6
Margaret J Cotton Photography 7

Tara · Married on 04/21/2012

Margaret was fun and easy to work with. The communication we shared during the planning process was clear. Her artistry is exceptional.
    Our wedding had some glitches (ie the venue burned down 2 weeks prior and threats of thunderstorms) Margaret called us promptly and assured us we would not have to worry about our photography. She went out of her way and offered us other options to make sure we had no anxiety that the photography would be fantastic on our wedding day. Most of all with her expertise, my husband and I looked amazing in every photo! There is not one photo we don't love!

Sent on 04/30/2012

Shannon · Married on 04/14/2012

I have now used Margaret for more than just my wedding, but also for my maternity shots of my first pregnancy and also my twin pregnancy. She is a true pleasure to work with. She captured the most important moments in my life exactly the way we felt, in that moment, and exactly the way I wanted them captured. Nothing felt or looked forced at my wedding, the shots were so beautiful and natural which was exactly what I asked for. She explained previously what looks correct and things to keep in mind while we were taking our wedding photos and having that knowledge, helped us in those moments. We simply walked around and enjoyed our first hour as a married couple and she took absolutely stunning photos of us in our most happiest moments. Shortly after my wedding we found out we were expecting our first child and I had no intentions to trust anyone else with this second pivotal moment in our life. She completely blew us away again. This was a very different shoot then our wedding because we were posed and had no clue what we were doing. She made us feel so comfortable, and our shots came out looking so natural even though we were clueless how to be models. She was able to capture the love we felt for one another and show the love we had for our unborn child. The photos were breath taking. So again when I found out we were expecting, and it was twins this time around, I knew immediately I'd trust no one else with this moment other than Margaret. Except now at these shots, I wanted my 2 yr old involved. He's not the 'sit still' type of child either. I was floored at how easily she was able to get him to do the things we were asking. And even in the times when he was being less than easy, she still managed to get amazing shots of all three (or 5) of us! Margaret was and is more than just my photographer, she got to know me and my husband and then she got to know my toddler and I'm sure she will get to know the twins as well. Her work is breath taking.

Sent on 12/17/2015

Lisa · Married on 04/07/2012

For our wedding day we were privileged to have Margaret J Cotton Photography take our pictures and we could not be happier with our decision. The entire staff was very friendly, they take creative pictures and are very attentive throughout the entire day. We felt very comfortable and at ease on our wedding day. The photographers blend in with the crowd and they get all the best shots. Just when the stress of everything starts to come together the week of the wedding I was receiving reassuring emails from Joann and they really helped me put things into perspective. Two days after our wedding we were looking at an album online of almost 300 pictures from our wedding day and also received a slideshow set to music that just had us in tears it was so beautiful. Each day she would put up a new album which was very exciting to us and all of our guests who logged on the site to see them. Our guests and family members were so pleased they could log on and purchase pictures of us and themselves with such ease. We are having a hard time picking out pictures to put in our wedding album because there are so many beautiful shots we would like to include. I can say with complete confidence if you use their services on your wedding day you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 04/25/2012

Chris · Married on 02/18/2012

Margaret was one of the best photographers i ever worked with

Sent on 05/02/2012

Claire · Married on 10/22/2011

We got married on October 22, 2011 in Red Bank, NJ. Margaret and her team were fantastic, all the preparations leading up to the wedding day were planned out in every detail so that the day was completely stress-free. The pictures came out natural and beautiful. Margaret and her team got all the amazing shots, but we're never in the way of the ceremony or party -it was the perfect combination. We also did an afterglow session with Margaret which came out amazing!

I would whole-heatedly recommend her for any wedding!!!

Sent on 01/01/2012

Mary Lynn · Married on 07/31/2011

I would highly recommend Margaret J Cotton to all future brides who are looking for a highly qualified, accommodating, personable, patient, and caring photographer to handle one of the most important events in your life. Ms. Cotton goes above & beyond to ensure that you are comfortable & satisfied with her services. Moreover, she exudes genuine pleasure in sharing the joy of this special time. You could not ask for more!!!

Mary Lynn

Sent on 08/17/2011

Shannon · Married on 07/19/2011

Margaret J. Cotton photography was amazing. First we had an awesome engagement photo shoot with so many beautiful photos we were hard pressed to find a favorite and then the wedding was even better! As a bride I was nervous that the photography would feel rushed and overwhelming and awkward but it was not. The wedding day photography was one of the most fun and enjoyable parts of the day and definitely the least stressful. Margaret and her crew kept everything flowing smoothly and we got every shot we wanted and more. Margaret was great at spending time with us before the wedding to make sure she knew what we wanted and giving us advice on how to be comfortable with the camera. She also helped us immensely with planning the day out properly so the photography wouldn't feel too rushed and we would have appropriate time for everything. Margaret and her crew were so pleasant to work with and really were a blessing on our wedding day. They captured so many beautiful photos for us to tell the story of our wedding day. And not only that, the online album was up so quickly for us to see the photos and all of our guests continue to compliment how beautiful they are. We are forever grateful for the beautiful memories we now have thanks to Margaret J. Cotton photography!

Sent on 12/31/2011

Elissa · Married on 07/03/2011

Margaret and her assistants were the best!! Our pictures came out amazing!! Margaret was so easy and flexible to work with. She always responded to phone calls and emails immediately, and really made an effort to get to know her bride and groom. She is extremely responsive and dependable. She prepared us for the day and really listened to us when we had certain needs that we wanted met. She truly is a professional and she is amazing at what she does!!

Sent on 12/31/2011

Christine · Married on 06/04/2011

Margaret was very reliable, professional, and fun to work with. She was extremely organized in planning the time-line of my wedding day. Margaret was available to speak or meet anytime I had any questions for her. I would highly recommend her services!

Sent on 01/01/2012
  • jillm1979

Jill · Married on 04/30/2011

Margaret and her family are amazing photographers, as well as a very sweet family. They were very professional, patient and flexible with all the changes and questions. They took amazing pictures of our very special day. I would definitely recommend there service to anyone looking for photographers.

Sent on 05/25/2011
  • F

Faith · Married on 04/22/2011

Margaret Cotton and her assistants make you feel so special and truly care about the marriage of a couple, not just the wedding. The pictures MJC Photography captures are beautiful and creative yet classic. We loved working with them!

Sent on 05/25/2011

Kim · Married on 04/09/2011

Margaret J. Cotton was a key figure in helping to make our wedding day all that it could be. Words can't really accurately express the pivitol part she played in helping to make our wedding day just perfect.
    The amount of personal attention she gives her clients is truly remarkable. Once you book with her, she is invested in you during the lead up to your big day. Friends of mine were amazed to learn the kind of time Margaret invested with us before the wedding to discuss and see all of the possible photo locations as well as receive her professional "lessons" about how we could help to make our photos look all the more spectacular though our own body language. She discusses timetables with you so that you can envision how the day will fall into place. All of this preparation along with her gentle guidance greatly helped to add to our level of comfort on our day.
    Our only problem is that it is now SO hard to choose which photos to order because they are all magnificent. She literally captured everyone at our wedding. Oh...and the pictures were up and ready to see and order in a jiffy. Just another plus.
    Margaret and her crew are professional, knowledgable, remarkably personalble, and very talented. Her heart is into her work and it is reflected in the personal attention and the life she brings to your photos. I highly recommend her to anyone wishing to have their most special life moments captured.

Just perfect to work with.

Sent on 05/29/2011

Valerie · Married on 01/15/2011

Best. Photographer. Ever.
    Margaret Cotton is truly passionate about wedding photography and 100% dedicated to her brides.
    Picking a great photographer is key to how smoothly your wedding day will run. You can't go wrong with Margaret Cotton. A great value and a truly talented artist. I can't say enough wonderful things about her!
    Professional, yet fun and flexible. Easily maneuvers the inevitable obstacles that can sometimes arise on your wedding day. Works well with other vendors. Easy-going but stays on schedule.
    She even managed to "save" me from excessively chatty distant relatives during our reception, in order to make sure she got enough shots of me dancing with my friends!
    She met with my fiance and I several times in person and spoke with us on the phone repeadedly before the big day to talk about the schedule, locations, and photography in general.
    She posted pictures on her website promptly after our wedding and they are wonderful! She exceeded all my expectations and I am overwhelmingly impressed by her work.

Sent on 01/28/2011

Meghan · Married on 12/31/2010

My husband and I could not have been more impressed with the work of Margaret J Cotton Photography for our wedding on New Years Eve 2011 and would highly recommend her services to others.

First, Margaret did a fabulous job of coaching us for the big day. Our time with her before hand truly helped us be aware of the camera, our body language and our timetable -- all of which helped us get the pictures that we really wanted.

Margaret and her team are a pleasure to work with and extremely hard working. Of course, our schedule got completely thrown off track, but Margaret and her team kept focused and calm (and kept us focused, calm and having fun!). The thirty inches of snow that we had on the ground didn't even manage to throw them off track! The team did not stop snapping the entire night and the hard work continued after the wedding, when we had our website up and running in short order. What fun to look at all of the photos when we were still on our honeymoon!

Most importantly, the pictures were absolutely stunning. Our photographs will be treasured always. They really managed to capture the many emotions of the day in a variety of ways (posed, photojournalistic, classic, modern).

We would be happy to discuss further with any potential customers.

Meghan & Matt Reynolds
    meghan.dunne@gmail.com

Sent on 04/11/2011

Stefanie · Married on 11/06/2010

Without a doubt - we love Margaret and her crew! From the moment I met her at a bridal show at the Riverhouse, Brielle - I felt as though I needed to work with her. She is very easy to connect with and just simply awesome! It was a pleasure to work with Margaret planning the photography aspect of our wedding day. She took the time and truly treated us like we were her only clients. She gave solid feedback and advice, and really captured the best moments of our day. I cannot stop looking at our pictures that she has up on her website. Figuring out what pics to go with is going to take forever! If you are looking for a personal experience and having someone (and her family!) be apart of your wedding day that totally fits.. definitely go with MJC!

Sent on 12/09/2010

Alison · Married on 10/30/2010

Margaret and her team provided my husband and I and our families with amazing photographs that captured every moment of our day. From getting ready to the cake cutting, every detail was photographed. My husband and I looked through the hundreds of photos and kept saying "Wow! I'm so glad they caught that! I didn't even see it!" I have a very large family and Margaret was sure to catch every group and the candids were some of our favorite. Margaret knew just where to photograph pictures of my husband and I that caught the essence of the season and really captured our happiness that we felt that day. I can't wait to use Margaret for baby pictures one day!

Sent on 02/03/2011

cecilia · Married on 09/25/2010

Margaret J Cotton Photography did an amazing job at our wedding, she was extremely knowledgable and helpful throughout the wedding planning process! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 02/10/2011

Kelly · Married on 09/18/2010

From the moment I met Margaret and saw her work; I was immediatly at ease and had no doubt she would deliver the quality work we were looking for. She took so much time prior to our wedding planning out every detail to ensure she delivered to our expectation. We wanted fun, natural, and very candid photos of friends and family along with some more traditional looks. Margaret was patient, fun, and did whatever needed to capture every special moment of our day. I would highly recommend her for your too!!!!!

Sent on 02/11/2011

laureen · Married on 06/04/2010

Love love loved Margaret J Cotton. Her and her family made our wedding pictures the MOST amazing. Far above all of our expectations. I cannot stop looking at the pictures. They were the nicest/easy going people to work with and made everyone comfortable taking the pictures. They made it their mission to find the most fabolous shots and did just that..... hundreds of times. It's so hard to even pick our favorites!! I would recommend Margaret J Cotton to EVERYONE. Especially the bride and groom who love creative - less portrait like pictures. Give her the creative freedom and you will not regret it.

Thanks Margaret & team!

Sent on 07/19/2010

Jaclyn · Married on 04/17/2010

I can't say enough great things about Margaret J Cotton and her family. She really made me feel comfortable the day of the wedding and had took the time to prepare in the weeks leading up to the wedding. I did not feel like I was just another customer. She really took the time to get to know me, my personality, what I liked and didn't like. My pictures were absolutely AMAZING!! Real creative and artistic. I had such a hard time picking out my favorites. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer... you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 10/10/2010

Megan · Married on 04/09/2010

From the minute we met Margaret we knew she was the right person to photograph our special day. She was persoanable and her sample work proved what a talented photographer she was. We were able to meet with her prior to the wedding to guarentee what we were looking to have done on the day of the wedding. Margaret and her staff were prompt and professional throughout the day. They made us feel so comfortable. It was so nice having more than one photographer at the wedding to capture moments from all different angels without disrupting the service. The beach pictures taken were the best!
    The hardest part of working with Margaret is trying to narrow down which pictures you finally want to order. They are ALL so wonderful that it makes it difficult to chose. Once again, Margaret is there to assist with her creative mind which makes the whole process so much easier. We can't thank her enough for the wonderful memories she has captured for us. We not only got a fabulous photographer , but a new friend.

Sent on 03/06/2011

Jessica · Married on 07/04/2009

We were very pleased with all aspects of Margaret J. Cotton Photography. They are professional, talented and genuinely care about making your day special. I would definitely recommend them to everyone I know.

Sent on 08/24/2010

Niki · Married on 07/03/2009

I was lucky enough to hear about Margaret from a friend of mine and do not regret using her as my photographer for a minute. She is so helpful and accommodating. She goes above and beyond with her pre-wedding meetings, tips for better pictures, and positive attitude. It was almost like she was part of the family the day of the wedding.

Sent on 08/23/2010

Jessica · Married on 07/02/2009

Margaret J Cotton is an amazing photographer. She exudes tremendous passion and professionalism. She and her team of photographers captured the love and happiness felt by our family, friends, and of course us on our wedding day. Margaret possesses a genuine love for the couples that she works with and listens to and follows what her brides and grooms want on their wedding day. Her creativity coupled with her kindness distinguish her as a truly accomplished and gifted photographer.

Sent on 08/24/2010

Ellamarie · Married on 11/29/2008

There aren't enought words to describe how beyond satisfied we are with Margaret J Cotton Photography. Quality? My photos are amazing, anyone can take a picture, it takes a special person to be a photographer. She was so thorough in making sure she got every shot I would want, she thought of things I hadn't thought of. She clearly brings a lot of experience to the table. Value? I don't think she charges enough. It's obvious this is not a job, it's a passion; and her field is lucky to have her. Flexibility? I was married on a holiday weekend and other vendors asked me to pay extra and made me feel as if I forced them to be away from their families, not MJC. I am a very satisfied customer!!!

Sent on 08/23/2010