Margaret J Cotton Photography Reviews

Margaret J Cotton Photography 5
Margaret J Cotton Photography 6
Margaret J Cotton Photography 7

Susan · Married on 09/07/2014

A wedding day is fraught with enough concerns about making the day as perfect as possible, so it was absolutely blissful to work with Margaret J. Cotton as our photographer, because she captured every important moment - and especially the seemingly trivial ones - in her own professional, unobtrusive way. She is knowledgeable about her craft and takes pride in making each photograph beautiful and meaningful. She, herself, is calm and cheerful, so the time spent with her is pleasant and joyful. She makes you feel at ease, so there is no doubt the pictures will come out well. What I especially like is that these are not your cookie-cutter, run-of-the-mill wedding photos; Margaret takes the time to know the couple before the day of the event, then personalizes the photos for the individuals involved. The video that she makes from a selection of our photos and the accompanying music that she chooses as the soundtrack is beyond amazing, and affords us the opportunity to relive that special day over and over again. We have gotten countless compliments on the video and the photos of our wedding day and are thrilled to share them because we are so proud of Margaret J. Cotton's work - and that we chose her as our photographer. This was a second marriage for both of us, but the photos taken that day are timeless and joyously capture the quirkiness of our ceremony and celebration. These photos and the album are items that we are proud to display in our home because they will not look dated and similar to others' pictures. I would most definitely recommend Margaret J. Cotton as a photographer for any occasion because you will treasure the images she captures because they are so unique and personal. Also, her pricing is fair and very reasonable; you get more than your money's worth because what she does to help you recall that day/event is priceless.

Jacqueline · Married on 09/05/2014

Margaret and her assistant (and husband!) were amazing. My husband and I started out with an engagement session and then on to the big day! Margaret was on time, completely on point, and had everything worked out to a T. We met with her and worked out a timeline a few weeks before the wedding and she stuck to every second of it. She was even able to incorporate some other pictures I was interested in the day of. She did exactly what she told us she was going to do and without flaw. Being that your wedding day is once in a lifetime, you're scared that something may go wrong (with everything!) and I have to say, my wedding pictures are by far a million times better than I could have ever hoped for. I would highly recommend Margret's photography to any bride.

Regan · Married on 08/30/2014

Margaret is a special person. Right from the start she made my husband and I comfortable with the process. She is extremely professional and amazed us with her talented photography. She was not just our wedding photographer but is now our friend. When I look back on our wedding she was such a huge part of it. I would recommend her to any and all of my family and friends - which I have! In fact, a few are already lining up to get her contact information after seeing the amazing photos she took of our wedding. Thank you Margaret! We are forever indebted to you for such a wonderful job.

Sent on 10/16/2014

Andrew · Married on 07/19/2014

Margaret was wonderful to work with and took beautiful pictures.

There is something somewhat intimidating about taking wedding pictures. They're supposed to last forever and it seems that everyone will want to see them, which can make the actual process of taking the pictures rather difficult. It was easy for us to grow stiff or seem uncomfortable, but Margaret was able to help us relax and treat the pictures themselves as a form of play. She encouraged us to try and all ideas that popped into our heads which led to a few rather spectacular, if unorthodox, shots. She was also able to offer her own suggestions, providing some much needed experience to the wedding.

Margaret was able to breeze through the formal portraits, masterfully handling the difficult task of wrangling two families together, but was also brilliant with her informal shots. She slid around the ceremony and reception, never obtrusively, in order to capture some wonderfully intimate and natural shots of us, our friends, and our families. She understood the kind of moments that we valued most and captured them time and time again.

Margaret is also a consummate professional. She was very easy to contact whenever necessary and a joy to work with. She has our highest recommendation.

-Rachel and Andy Rasmussen

Leigh Ellen & Michael · Married on 09/20/2013

Margaret spent a lot of time with us up front giving tips and advise to ensure a smooth wedding day. She worked well with us during our special day and was gracious with her time after the wedding to go over our options with pictures and albums. Margaret, her husband, and daughter proved to be a successful team in capturing the important moments of the day. Margaret arranged a few of these special moments in a card to us which we ultimately used as our Thank You card. It was reasonably priced and the quality of this product made us reconsider what we had originally planned to do. She is a true professional that was great to work with thru the entire process. We can not say enough about the service they provided, and highly recommend them.

Sent on 12/29/2013

Pat · Married on 08/31/2013

There simply are no words to describe the level of detail and magical moments that Margaret captured for our special day. People always DREAM of being able to relive their wedding moments with family, friends, and the love of their life, and she made it a reality.

My wife Rachael and I could not be happier with the results she produced. She was patient, calm, and more importantly, made my wife relaxed and stress free on the most important day of her life (so far!). Her AMAZING assistants blended into the crowd, were unobtrusive, and quite frankly, blended in so well I forgot they were photographers.

What I really could not believe, are the moments she captured that were not staged and poses for photos. Margaret captured all of those little moments that we tend to not think much about, but once we see them in a photo again we are amazed and in awe.

I would highly recommend Margaret Cotton to anyone who is in need of someone to capture their special moments. My wife and I now have an extremely vivid memory of our special day thanks to her!

Dianne · Married on 08/03/2013

Margaret Cotton, her husband, and assistant, were the photographers for my daughter's wedding on August 3. Right after the wedding she posted a video that captured the day in a way that I could not believe. She captured the excitement and energy of everybody that day! Yesterday was their one month anniversary and I still can't stop looking at the pictures and watching the video. The video told the story of the day and the pictures that Margaret chose are incredible. It makes me feel like I am reliving the day. The pictures were posted shortly after the wedding. I can't even imagine how my daughter is going to pick pictures for an album. There are SO many great pictures I wouldn't even know where to begin. My daughter liked Margaret from our very first meeting. She knew she wanted her to be part of her day. Her warm, caring, and enthusiastic personality had my daughter hooked. I can't say enough about her the day of the wedding. She made everyone feel calm and at ease. She was such a professional in the way she managed a big wedding party. Everyone had fun working with her and they never felt that picture taking was a chore. I could go on and on, but I am so glad my daughter hired Margaret Cotton as her photographer!

Sent on 09/04/2013

jenna · Married on 07/27/2013

Margaret, and her team are wonderful! She made our special day even more special with the care and time she dedicated to us before, during and after our event. She spent plenty of time with us before the wedding to prepare for the day. During our wedding and reception, she or a member of her staff, were always there to capture the perfect moment. However, they were not intrusive in any way. I would recommend her to my closest family and friends and to ANYONE looking for a wonderful experience. On to the results ! The pictures came out fantastic !! The turn around time for our prints and custom thank you cards was very quick. All in all, 5 stars !!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Claudia · Married on 06/08/2013

Beautiful photos, organized, a joy to work with!

Margaret Cotton Photography including Margaret, her husband and their daughter photographed my daughter's wedding in Ocean Grove in June. They made the wedding and photographs a calm and joyous experience. Their organization and pleasant manner made the day go so well for all of us. It was a lovely silvery day and the photos taken were beautiful at all of the places - the bed and breakfast, throughout town, at the chapel, along the beach and at the reception.

When I first spoke to Margaret on the phone I could tell that she loved photographing weddings, she took great care and understood the specialness of the wedding. Prior to the wedding, my husband and I met with her and felt that she would be perfect for photographing our daughter's wedding. Not only were her photos beautiful, lively and artistic but also because she has a lovely, pleasant and calm manner.

Before the wedding, Margaret sent us organized and clear information. She also had a form which helped us plan which photos we would like taken. After my daughter and her fiance arrived in town for the wedding, they met with Margaret to discuss the photos and she provided them with helpful guidelines to enjoy their wedding day and the photography.

Margaret's sense of timing was wonderful and her knowledge of Ocean Grove helped capture the wedding in such a beautiful place.

Soon after the wedding Margaret sent us a link to see a beautiful slideshow that she assembled with highlights of the wedding. And then, not too long after that, she sent us a link to all of the wedding photos.

Margaret was the perfect photographer for my daughter and her husband's special day. I can't thank her enough. She is a joy and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 12/26/2013

tracy · Married on 05/03/2013

Margaret was so wonderful! From the first meeting that we had with her we knew she had a creative eye and immeditately knew we wanted to work with her. She really takes the time to get to know you and talk to you about your vison of your day and guides you on what you can expect. We decided to have our engagement shoot with her which was really nice, and I highly recommend, because we felt like we got to know her during that time. She really cares about making sure she gets the right shots so that you will have memories of your special day. She captured every photo that she knew was important to us! She is very professional and serious when its comes to her work and yet at the same time make you feel like she is part of your family. She was so quick in putting up a sneak peak video the next day which was so beautiful that I couldn't wait to share with anyone that was willing to watch! It made us so excited to see the rest of the photos! I really took the time to compare photographers and different packages for our wedding and Margaret was right within our budget, with amazing quailty. Thank you Margaret (and crew) for a life time of lasting memories!!

Sent on 07/24/2013

Joanne and her family were amazing! I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to capture their perfect moments!!!!

Sent on 12/21/2013

I am so happy that we chose Margaret J Cotton to be our photographer for our wedding. Margaret was truly amazing and captured perfect memories of our special day. Her photography speaks for itself, image after image is perfect. What makes Margaret stand out against the rest of the industry is the way she makes you feel. Even after your event date she continues to treat you like you are her priority. My wedding album is absolutely breathtaking, she created an album that is so unique and exceeded my expectations. I love that Margaret was as excited as I was about my pictures and the projects we worked on. I would not change a single thing about my wedding photography and I am so happy Margaret was a part of our big day!

Christina · Married on 11/09/2012

Margaret J Cotton Photography was such a pleasure to work with. The sense of space, color and mood spoke exactly to the way we wanted our wedding represented. Margaret's willingness to understand our personalities and how they came together as a couple made the experience an unforgettable element of our most special day.

Julie · Married on 10/14/2012

We adore The Cotton Family. I met Margaret at a bridal show at The River House in Brielle & it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I knew the moment I met her that my search had ended. She later created the day of our dreams there, a place she & her cameras were quite familiar with. She, not only took amazing photos, but she guided me thru every aspect of my day, keeping in touch with us, ALWAYS POSITIVE & SUPPORTIVE. We are forever grateful. Her reputation precedes her. We had a fantastic engagement session at the local Jersey boardwalks & landmarks, many of which were destroyed in Superstorm Sandy. Those pictures are now priceless to us. She mapped out our day's timeline, advised us what were & were not good ideas. She was honest, professional & she was right! Our day was perfect BC we chose to trust & listen to her! Her husband, Rev.Cotton, counseled, married & befriended us. Our ceremony & vows were perfect. We were so lucky to have had such a wonderful team. I can't think of another vendor Im as confident & proud in recommending. MJC started as my photographer & ended as our friend. If you cannot envision it yourself, she can! If you know exactly what you want, she will deliver that. She is kind, professional & patient. She brought our lovestory to life. You wont wait for your images, she had a slideshow up for us so soon! Sadly, only days after our wedding, we tragically lost a family member. Immediately Margaret had a special album up for him, in rememberance. She is THAT wonderful. Once your wedding is over, she hasn't forgotten about you. She is still guiding us thru thank you cards & customizing our wedding album! She is THE BEST! MJC was a great comfort to me. She is as genuine as her pictures. Her heart & lens are surely connected & we are so very thankful to have such special images captured by her. We can't wait to hang them in our home, a home that she will always be a part of.

Sent on 12/13/2012

Gina · Married on 09/28/2012

We truly enjoyed working with Margaret Cotton and her family. She has a very soft, warm way about her that instantly made us feel very comfortable. We were very impressed with her attention to detail, the time she commited to us and the level of professional service we received. She makes sure she understands your plan for your wedding day and the story you want it to tell.

We were extremely happy with our wedding pictures. Within 3 days they were all on her website. We received so many compliments about how beautiful they came out. I would highly recommend Margaret Cotton Photography to any bride. Maragert makes you feel special from the moment she meets you.
    Gina Graham

Sent on 10/14/2012
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 09/22/2012

Margaret was amazing throughout the entire planning process. She has a wonderful calming presence that made ecveryone feel at ease and allowed for some great photos to be captured without the "posed" feeling. Margaret and her team did an absolutely wonderful job and was an absolute pleasure to work with. I would recommend Margaret J Cotton Photography to any bride to be.

Sent on 12/20/2012

Margaret was very open to my and my family's needs on my wedding day. She had my children to contend with as well as parents and siblings and she did a great job. Margaret really pays attention to how people are feeling and was aware when people felt uncomfortable when posing and would try alternatives to allow people to relax. She and her "team" were very unobtrusive. Margaret, herself, is a very kind, giving person who was always willing to listen to my thoughts and wishes.

C. · Married on 07/29/2012

Margaret was fantastic to work with for our wedding -- she was organized, responsive, thoughtful and professional. In fact, she suggested (and scouted out) our separate venue/location for pre-wedding photos, which was stunningly beautiful.

She provided us with a well thought out timeline for the whole day, and was extremely organized and tactful at shepherding us (and our many family members) through the schedule in a way that felt efficient but also special and momentous. Her warmth and kindness provided a personal touch to the whole wedding photographs experience that my husband and I, and all of our family members, really felt not only celebrated but also enhanced the whole wedding experience. She and her team were there to capture important moments and details, without ever seeming intrusive to the experience or to our guests. Margaret also very helpfully made various little suggestions (e.g. how to hold my arm, how my husband should hug me after our wedding kiss, etc), so as to best create beautiful pictures.

After the wedding, within a matter of a few days Margaret had posted a number of our pictures online and even created a beautiful slide show. We actually had a second wedding (on the west coast), and were able to show the slide show at that wedding so that our west coast guests could see our New Jersey wedding!

Finally, I must mention Margaret's husband David, who is actually a minister who served as our officiant!

Sent on 08/17/2012

Margaret and her team were professional and inspirational. We had a wonderful experience.

Sent on 08/22/2012

sarah · Married on 07/20/2012

Margaret and her staff were wonderful!! They were very relaxed and professional. We met with Margaret several times before the wedding and she was beyond helpful. She gave us several ideas and also set up our timeline. The day of our wedding, she and her staff arrived with a plan of attack which they executed to perfection. We got every picture we asked for. The price was reasonable and we got a lot for our money. The pictures turned out beautiful and we couldn't be happier. Margaret (and her staff) were/are amazing!!!

Sent on 12/18/2012

Melissa · Married on 07/14/2012

Margaret Cotton is the most amazing, caring and professional photographers that there is! From the moment we met with Margaret we knew that our pictures were going to be stunning and that she was going to take care of us on the most important day of our lives. My husband and I loved working with Margaret, she made us feel comfortable and all of our pictures came natural because it was so nice to work with someone that truly has a passion for what she does. The time and effort that Margaret puts in with her brides and grooms is unbelievable, it was like she made us part of our family. We were beyond happy with our pictures and the way that Margaret and her staff worked with us on our wedding day. Margaret made our guests feel comfortable when taking wedding candids, and was never in the way at our reception. She was able to take beautiful pictures without being pushy. My husband and I were her number one priority, ensuring that we were comfortable and happy with the way that our pictures were going was what Margaret was concerned about! I would HIGHLY recommend Margaret J. Cotton Photography to anyone getting married. You will be so happy working with someone like Margaret and her staff. We had an amazing wedding with even more amazing pictures thanks to Margaret! She is the best there is!!!!

Sent on 12/28/2012

Amy · Married on 07/07/2012

When it comes to wedding photographers, Margaret, along with her husband David, go ABOVE and BEYOND what anyone would expect from a wedding photographer. Of the five other couples I know who also got married this year, none of them received the personalized attention and support that Margaret J. Cotton Photography provided. From our very first meeting, to the engagement session, through the end of our wedding day, Margaret helped us to feel relaxed, comfortable and confident. I knew that I had made the right choice for a photographer when Margaret and David went ABOVE AND BEYOND to arrange the perfect engagement session for us. We spent an evening in Cape May where we first explored the wedding venue and came up with a plan for the big day. We then moved on to take the most memorable pictures at the beach and by the lighthouse at sunset. I am certain that the time that was spent with us during the engagement session resulted directly in the many stunning and perfect pictures that were captured on our wedding day. While we were taking the engagement portraits, Margaret provided many "pointers" for the wedding day photos. Those suggestions, particularly those pertaining to the positioning for the walk down the aisle, made the difference between a nice picture and a PERFECT picture. The absolute best part of the service provided by MJC Photography is the time spent planning how the wedding day would "flow". Margaret worked with me to develop a schedule that included every detail of the day from the time of her arrival until departure. Once she arrived on the big day, I was relieved to know that I could leave everything in her capable hands and not worry about who was supposed to be where and when. It was almost like having a wedding coordinator and photographer in one! The schedule was also extremely helpful to share with the other vendors and it was very much appreciated. The day was flawless thanks to MJC Photography!

Megan · Married on 06/24/2012

Margaret cotton exceeded all of our expectations for our wedding photographs. She was sincere and professional. We are so happy with her work and look forward to working with her in the future.

Sent on 08/20/2012

Holly · Married on 06/02/2012

Joanne made my wedding! In the beginning stages of planning she helped direct me into planning the perfect ceremony by giving ideas for photos. We had a beach wedding & the pictures turned out amazing! She & her assistants keep everything calm in the midst of chaos to keep capture that perfect moment.

Sent on 08/22/2012

melissa · Married on 05/25/2012

Margaret J Cotton Photography is amazing! Margaret is very professional and great to work with. She is so sweet and her work speaks for itself! She has a very creative way of capturing the beauty of every moment. She took so many pictures at our wedding and included all of our guest! Every picture brings me right back to the moment and I get to enjoy the feeling of a perfect wedding day over and over again! I couldnt have asked for anything more! Thank you to you and your family for your dedication on our special day!

Sent on 08/17/2012