Marcella May Make-up Reviews

Marcella May Make-up 2
Marcella May Make-up 3
Marcella May Make-up 4

Suzanne · Married on 03/24/2019

Marcella is great! First, she was prompt and professional in replying to all of my questions in writing, and in person she was easy to work with and fun! Best of all, after she was done with me, I looked amazing! She pays attention to detail and made sure I loved the results.

Sent on 01/16/2017

Caroline · Married on 10/21/2018

Marcella is great!

Marcella is truly wonderful. She did a great job with my wedding day makeup. I requested a cat eye, even though we didn't do that in the trial, and she executed it perfectly. She is super responsive, timely, and sweet. I would recommend her to anyone! Also, she has reasonable prices and is willing to come to your house! Thank you, Marcella!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Marcella May Make-up's reply:

I love it when I am able to make my clients this happy. Thank you for your kind words Caroline!

• F

Felisa · Married on 08/25/2018

We could not have picked a better hair and makeup artist!

I chose Marcella because her website featured girls who didn't all look like each other. As someone with thick, coarse, curly hair and darker skin, it was important to find someone who could work with my features well. And she really did work with them very well! We did a trial where she basically turned a photo I found online of someone's hair/makeup into my reality. Then, that allowed me to fine tune things I wanted and things I wanted done differently. Marcella was very receptive and responsive to my feedback. Even on the day of the wedding, I asked her to make some minor changes to my completed makeup (because sometimes what you THINK will look good doesn't always look the way you want in) and she was very patient and kind to me.

Marcella also did the hair and makeup of a couple of my bridesmaids. I was amazed how well she managed to work with girls who had very different kinds of beauty. We were all very pleased with the way we looked. Even after spending the whole night dancing, I went home looking just as good as I did when I left the makeup chair.

Thank you so much, Marci! :)

Sent on 08/31/2018

Marcella May Make-up's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review, I am so thrilled I was able to make everyone look and feel beautiful!

Elizabeth · Married on 08/18/2018

Wonderful woman! Very personal and accommodating. She kept calm and continued without pause even through so many interruptions.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Marcella May Make-up's reply:

Thank you so much Elizabeth! Your wedding party and you were so much fun, it was a breeze!

Lacy · Married on 08/05/2018

Marcella was great! I had a few unplanned changes and she didn't seem to mind at all. Very responsive, professional and friendly! She really listened to what I wanted, adding in suggestions to enhance the look adding we want along. She did a great job and I felt comfortable and beautiful for my wedding! I would highly recommend Marcella!!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Amy · Married on 07/14/2018

I arrived in Seattle as a stressed fiancé looking for a bridal hair & make up artist with 3 months to go. Initially it was difficult finding a professional who would travel to our Woodinville venue just for a bride as I did not have a bridal party for our small intimate wedding.

Marcella was my angel and new fond friend who was super professional, understanding my needs and always positive and technically amazing. Initially I was going for a bold dramatic look during the trial consultation but changed my mind the last minute. Marcella was amazingly patient and absolutely delivered in bringing to life the natural yet still glowing and subtly glamorous look I later envisioned. She also helped me create the subtle low waves I wanted for my hairstyle. The make up and hair lasted for the entire day and I was so happy with her work.

Thank you so much Marcella. Most highly recommended from a very relieved and grateful bride.

Sent on 07/26/2018
    Marcella May Make-up 5

Marcella May Make-up's reply:

Amy, I am so happy you were so happy! You, your family, and your new husband were all so wonderful to be around, it made my job a breeze. I can't wait to see all the beautiful photos of your wedding, congrats to a lifetime of happiness!

-Marcella

Jv · Married on 07/14/2018

Marcella has done my makeup 3 times and I absolutely love working with her. Everything I envisioned she makes it so much better. She’s very talented and friendly and if you have a lookyou are going for she can do it !!!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Thank you so much! I love having you as a repeat client <3 -Marcella

Amy · Married on 07/14/2018

Marcella is your dream make up & hair artist. I arrived in Seattle as a stressed bride with less than 3months to go with my wedding but Marcella totally understood the soft glam look I was going for. She is super friendly, artistic, talented and understanding. Although I had asked for some slight changes to my initial consultation look Marcella completely nailed what I had in my mind and I was so happy with the results. Thank you Marcella.

Sent on 09/11/2018

Peggy · Married on 05/19/2018

Five week to my wedding, I began looking for hair and make up artist. A bit last minute as I was planning to do it by myself. Fortunately, I found Marcella. She transformed me from a ordinary woman to the focal point on my wedding day. If I were to do my own make up. It would have melted before the end of the night. My hair won't look as good as it will be in my wedding picture. I choose the trial package so Marcella might work with me to see what I like. On the actual day, I decided to change hair style and make up color. Marcella gladly accommodate my request. The end result was I looked confident and photogenic in every pictures. The bride in my wedding picture looked very much like me despite being glammed up. My husband fell in love with the new look. He could not take his eyes off me. That night at our wedding reception, I received many complement. I was very pleased with Marcella' service and I will definitely recommend her to any of my friends who need to look stunning as a princess.

Sent on 08/14/2018
    Marcella May Make-up 6
    Marcella May Make-up 7
    Marcella May Make-up 8

Raleigh · Married on 09/09/2017

Couldn't have been happier! Marcella did both my hair and make-up for my wedding and was wonderful to work with. She was prompt, responsive, a pleasure to be around - and most importantly, did beautiful work! I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Megan · Married on 08/27/2017

I contacted Marcella regarding having 3 hair and 2 makeup services done for my daughter's wedding. She was very prompt in her replies and with providing information. Her rates are absolutely competitive! She arrived on time at our house and was completely self-sufficient in setting up her own tools, supplies and equipment. On top of all of this, she is very talented. Our hair and makeup was PERFECT! Exactly what we wanted -- better than the Pinterest photos of ideas that we had sent to her :) Thanks so much Marcella! You were amazing!

Sent on 09/02/2017

Clare · Married on 07/01/2017

Marcella was wonderful! She was so open to my suggestions and really shaped my request to my liking. I had asked for a particular style and she did so much research beforehand! I was very impressed with her initiative. She used really great quality makeup as I did not break out afterwards. Thanks Marcella!!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Marcella is a natural talent! The entire expirience was relaxing and in the end I looked great! She chose a great color palette for my skin tone and she highlighted my best features. I have a bit of acne and she did a great job covering it without applying an excessive amount of makeup. I don't usually wear a lot of makeup and when she finished I still felt comfortable and confident with my appearance. I absolutely recommend!

Sent on 10/06/2016