Marc Kent Photography Reviews

53 | Manteo, NC

53 Reviews for Marc Kent Photography

Cathy · Married on 09/06/2014

Marc and Kim were excellent! They are such a nice couple and we could really tell they love what they do. From the time we met them all the way to our big day and even afterwards they have been available for questions and any favors we had for them. They did everything they said they would and more! Our pictures turned out great!! I can't wait to put our photo album together. Thanks Marc and Kim!

Sent on 10/18/2014

Marc and Kim Kent not only took gorgeous photos of our wedding, they were also a joy to work with. Always anticipating the next shot and yet unobtrusive throughout the day, friendly, calm, and ready with a laugh, and putting us and our family and guests at ease - we had a great time and would happily hire them again in a heartbeat. Their attitude and artistry were highlights of our wedding, and their pricing and value can't be beat.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Rachael · Married on 05/31/2014

Wonderful photography! Made our day unforgettable! Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/18/2014

I am so happy that my daughter and her husband used Marc Kent Photography for their wedding day. Marc and Kim were wonderful to work with. Their prices were good. They were easy going. They worked as a team and got all the pictures that we wanted at the church and the reception. Though the day turned out to be cloudy the pictures are all beautiful. The sun did come out right at sunset time and they captured some beautiful
    pictures at that time.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Marc and Kim thought of everything!! They had us fill out a list of what pictures we wanted (and gave us ideas for more) to make sure that we got everything we wanted. I am not used to be photographed and they gave me easy poses that looked natural and not staged. Kim helped, not only with the posing, but with getting me in my dress, and even putting up my bustle when my mother was having trouble!! The DJ had a few moments of speaker trouble and Marc and Kim had us do our rounds at the table so the guests never even noticed! Having Marc and Kim there gave us both peace of mind and were worth above and beyond what we paid. Best investment of the whole wedding!

Sent on 12/29/2013

Georgia · Married on 07/13/2013

Marc and Kim Kent are the most incredible photographers and people! They took both engagement and wedding photos for us - all of which turned out beautifully. For the engagement pictures, Marc and Kim drove down to our neighborhood in Eastern Market and took beautiful pictures of my husband, myself, and our dog Delilah. They were so patient with our young dog and with my husband's requests for fun pictures. On top of that, they made us feel so comfortable and happy, which came across in all the images.

At the wedding, Marc and Kim were a positive energy that made the entire day easier for both my husband and I. They took beautiful photos that all of our friends and family are astounded by, but even more than that helped with anything that they could, even helping with bustles and reassuring about the weather.

Most importantly, Marc and Kim got to know our personalities and vision for the photographs and made sure that was what came across in the pictures. We feel so happy that they were a part of our day.

Sent on 07/28/2013

Brooke · Married on 05/25/2013

Marc and Kim were the ultimate "dream team" for my wedding photography! Starting with the first phone call months before the big day, they made me feel so comfortable by knowing all the right questions to ask to ensure they had a feel of exactly what I wanted! Kim and Marc had lots of great photo suggestions that I would have never thought of but turned out amazing on film. They sent me very comprehensive lists of all the shots they would be taking broken down into sections (getting dressed, wedding party, reception etc) so if I could think of anything special I could add my own "custom" shots to the list! The day of the wedding they showed up early and jumped right into the flow of things.. they were so fun and helpful it was like having two more friends join in the party! Their patience with my guests milling about and little flower girls running wild was unbelievable.. All in all it was the best day of my life and I owe a lot of it to Marc and Kim. The icing on the cake was how AMAZING the photos turned out.. and how quickly I received them. They sent me a few pictures the day after the wedding to preview! I would recommend Mark Kent Photography highly to any bride who wants beautiful photography and helpful, friendly, and talented photographers.

Sent on 08/05/2013

Jacquelyn · Married on 04/27/2013

My husband and I used Marc Kent photography for our wedding in April. Marc and his wife Kim (she is also a talented photographer) did such an amazing job! They were great to work with and allowed us the flexibility to customize our photography package. They were friendly and fun to be around. The pictures came out great and we couldn't be happier! We recommend them 100%!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Marc and his wife Kim are a fabulous pair and great photographers! They were extremely kind, friendly, and helpful throughout the planning process. Per our request, they offered us a competitive, custom quote that certainly beat other quotes. Not knowing Leesburg, VA well, Kim also shared some recommendations for local restaurants and hair stylists.
    Marc and Kim were easy to correspond with via email throughout the planning process. Kim even called the day before our wedding to check-in and discuss all the final details for the day. She offered much needed support and reassurance on how the day's timeline would all fall into place. Sure enough, our wedding day was perfect and our photos depict it all.
    Marc processed our photos and sent us the link for viewing within 4 weeks of the wedding.

Sent on 12/09/2012

Karen · Married on 09/23/2012

Mark and Kim Kent were very nice to work with, we thoroughly enjoyed the quality of our wedding pictures!

Sent on 01/11/2013

Amanda · Married on 07/14/2012

I am so happy we chose Marc and Kim Kent as our wedding photographers. They were extremely helpful and responsive before the wedding and even called the day before the wedding to check on us. I gave them a list of pictures and they got every single one, plus many more. We had our online gallery very quickly after the wedding and the DVD soon after. I love the pictures and have a very hard time choosing my favorites. They both have a great eye for posing and backgrounds and they made us feel completely at ease. They were a joy to have around all day and our guests complimented us on them as well. I would recommend Marc Kent Photography and hope we can use them again in the future for other photography needs!

Sent on 09/03/2012

Marc and his wife have done an excellent job providing wonderful customer service as well as beautiful pictures. They are very flexible with payments and are very personable. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer!!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Tiffany · Married on 06/10/2012

Marc Kent Photography provided the best service possible at my wedding. They captured every moment of my wedding in the pictures. They showed up on time and were two amazing people. We were a little hesitant on hiring a photographer we've never met. At the end of the day, we could not have asked for a better vendor.
    My husband and I couldn't believe how fast we got our online photo album and the DVD in the mail, less than two weeks. The pictures are amazing and you can tell they are true professionals. Kim worked directly with us each step of the way leading up to the wedding. We can't wait to get our photo album.
    We would definitely recommend Mark Kent Photography to family, friends, and couples for their next event. Do not hesitate on giving Marc Kent a call. They are GREAT !

Sent on 08/05/2012
  • Alissa

Alissa · Married on 05/04/2012

Marc and Kim Kent were wonderful!

Keith and I went out to meet them at their home studio and right away we were sure they were the ones we wanted to capture our big day. Marc and Kim are so much fun and have great personalities which are really important to us. Every step of the way Kim (who is extremely responsive) was there to make sure we had everything we needed leading up to the wedding.

On the day of the wedding Marc and Kim arrived early and were excited to get started. They were with us all day - through our 3 locations - and took so many great pictures! I've actually been able to see all of the photos and they are amazing. Keith and I are so happy with how well they captured every moment. Everyone that has seen the photos has loved them. And everyone that met Marc and Kim at the wedding loved them! We can't wait to get our album!

They did an amazing job and I would highly recommend Marc Kent Photography. We know we'll be calling them for the next big event in our lives.

Sent on 06/15/2012

Melanei · Married on 12/10/2011

Marc and Kim Kent were focused on getting the shots I needed and wanted for my wedding, and worked professionally around the constraints of the location and church rules to get me wonderful wedding photos. They are a pleasure to work with, and you'll barely know they're there!

Sent on 02/10/2012

Melanie · Married on 12/10/2011

Marc and Kim are an incredible team. Between the two of them, nothing about the wedding day is missed! They are efficient and decisive, and are able to deal with last-minute changes graciously. We will definitely want them involved in future family weddings!

Sent on 02/25/2012

Susan · Married on 10/23/2011

Words can't describe how happy I am with choosing Marc and Kim Kent as my wedding photographers. My husband and I booked them a year in advance and I'm so glad we did. They were so pleasant and nice when we first met them, it was an easy decision to choose them for our wedding. Throughout the year, Kim was always available to answer my questions. They both made it their number one priority to make us happy on our wedding day. On the big day they captured everything that I requested and so much more! The pictures came out amazing! We literally have hundreds of pictures that I can call my favorites. I recommend this brilliant husband and wife team to any bride who wants the best photographers in the DC area.

Sent on 12/14/2011

Cheryl · Married on 10/22/2011

Marc and Kim did a great job on our engagement photos and wedding photography. They were nice, responsive, and very flexible with our inquiries and special requests. Great value for a great team. They felt like family by the time our wedding day arrived and we had a blast with them capturing all the fun of our reception. We got our DVD very shortly after the wedding complete with over 800 pictures including some of our most memorable shots in black and white and spot color. Can't wait to work on our album!

Sent on 01/08/2012

Megan · Married on 10/01/2011

Marc and Kim Kent were fantastic! We could not happier with how our wedding photos turned out. My husband and I got married on what turned out to be of the coldest and rainiest days in October. However, despite the rain, the pictures turned out absolutely beautiful. Marc and Kim were extremely flexible and had great suggestions of shots that could be taken in place of the originally planned outdoor ones. The pictures turned out absolutely beautiful. I think I’ve looked through the pictures about 500 times already and have received so many compliments from friends and family on how they turned out.

They made the whole process fun and were a blast to have around on the wedding day. In addition to being extremely talented and creative, they were always quick to respond to any questions and were professional and personable throughout the process. After the first time meeting them, I felt like they were not just our vendors but good friends. They both seem to love what they do and always seem genuinely excited for your big day. Even while it poured down the morning of our wedding day, I had no worries that Marc and Kim would not be able to capture beautiful moments throughout the day. Love them and would recommend them to anyone getting married in Northern Virginia!

Sent on 01/21/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/24/2011

Marc and Kim were absolutely wonderful photographers for our recent wedding! Their attention to detail and personal touch really added SO much to the moments they captured (and let me tell ya, they captured more than WE ever thought was possible!). Whenever we had any questions, they were always quick to respond and incredibly friendly and personable. Many of our guests had a chance to speak with them and all had wonderful things to say. Their preparation and teamwork makes it so that they can guide you through the "I Do" process so nothing gets missed and no memory lost. Further, unless you were really looking for them, they beautifully blended into the background making it so you don't feel like you have paparazzi and can focus on your day. Marc color corrected and spot colored many of our photos and they have become true keepsakes. After the wedding, we quickly received our DVD of all of the photos taken and we can use them however we would like! Once I have a chance to goo through the 900+, I can't wait to put together an album! You just can't help but to feel comfortable with this couple and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 10/31/2011

Eric & Janine · Married on 09/10/2011

We ABSOLUTELY LOVE our wedding photos. Marc Kent Photography captured the day in such a way that it can be replayed over and over in each photo. They have such an eye for detail. When you meet with Marc and Kim there is no pressure, no sales pitch. You feel like you're catching up with friends. There is a genuine interest in you and your day. FACT: They remember names of couples they photographed years ago and events of their reception. They are a very responsive team and even through a family emergency they welcomed my calls. The day of the wedding they arrived on time, were professional and personable. They fit right into the vibe of the day. They definitely are not stiff photographers. We laughed and had playful moments which kept everyone relaxed, plus they were able to capture us exactly as we truly are. Outside of beautiful photos, the thing that we appreciated and didnt expect was the support that they offered outside of photography - referring the Norris House Inn for the bridal party, Tuskies and Lightfoot restaurants (which we used for the brial luncheon and rehearsal dinner), ensuring that we had what we needed during the reception, communicating information to the DJ, helping to clean buttercream frosting off the wedding dress. Honestly, they NEVER felt like a vendor to us. Family and friends have consistently told us how much fun and how great Marc and Kim were and how they did a wonderful job capturing the day. You can truly see the joy on our faces and the fun during the reception in the photos. FACT: This was THE BEST referral given during our planning. Believe us, you will NOT be disappointed in any aspect.

Marc & Kim - Thank you so, so much! We look forward to sharing future celebrations with you.

Eric & Janine Smith

Sent on 09/24/2011

Margaret · Married on 09/03/2011

I feel like I could write pages and pages in expressing how strongly I recommend Marc Kent Photography. Simply put, it was THE best decision I made in the entire process of planning my daughter’s wedding. It was the one part of the day (and one of the most important parts I might add) that I had no worries about. I had complete confidence in them and they delivered above and beyond my already high expectations. They were a delight to work with: responsive, supportive, cooperative, flexible, talented, creative, and all for a most reasonable price. Without a doubt we couldn’t have been more satisfied with their work and their professionalism. Their quiet confidence and easy going personalities made everything so easy. It was as if they were members of the family. They created a personalized package that included everything we wanted and nothing we didn’t want. The end results were gorgeous. I only wish that I lived in Northern Virginia so I could better spread the word that Marc Kent Photography is THE BEST in all aspects of photography. If you trust your photos to Kim and Marc, they could never disappoint you.

Sent on 09/28/2011

Chrissy · Married on 09/03/2011

Marc and Kim were so easy to work with. They rescheduled our engagement shoot a few times to make sure we timed the weather and the cherry blossoms right. The book came out beautiful. At the wedding they were able to make the most of the short time allowed at the church. At the reception they blended in so well that I was surprised at how many shots they got that I was in and didn't notice them taking. They were by far the easiest to work with and the vendor we felt was most worth the money we spent.

Sent on 09/29/2011

D · Married on 07/03/2011

Marc & Kim were absolutely delightful to work with -- very laid back but at the same time were able to successfully direct people for great photos. I've gotten so many compliments on how great my wedding photos are! I was really looking for a duo, and their flexible and affordable packages really sealed the deal.

Sent on 07/27/2011

Amanda · Married on 06/04/2011

They were wonderful to work with! They were so friendly and seemed to really care about making our day special. They were very flexible and took care of everything. We were so pleased with our pictures!

Sent on 09/06/2011